• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Tall Order

I am seeing the total amount of Prestige in Angkor going up by a very large amount daily. I am talking total amount in all guilds. How is this happening? How exactly is GBG prestige calculated?

DeletedUser37581

I am seeing the total amount of Prestige in Angkor going up by a very large amount daily. I am talking total amount in all guilds. How is this happening? How exactly is GBG prestige calculated?
Prestige isn't going up by large amounts daily. It went up after Battlegrounds ended, but the amount of prestige from Battlegrounds was not (yet) the correct amount. There was an issue with one of the servers (EN) needing to revert from 3 recalcs a day to 1 recalc a day. Once that happened and was verified to be correct, then today all servers were updated to the correct amount of prestige from GBG (which was 3 times what it had been).

Tall Order

Okay, well that explains why I saw it go up the last two times I checked. So now that the correct prestige is being applied from GBG could someone reveal how this number is arrived at? Is it a set amount for the league you are in? Does the victory points from your previous gbg go into a calculation?

DeletedUser37581

Okay, well that explains why I saw it go up the last two times I checked. So now that the correct prestige is being applied from GBG could someone reveal how this number is arrived at? Is it a set amount for the league you are in? Does the victory points from your previous gbg go into a calculation?
The prestige ranges for GBG are:
Diamond: 16,218 - 18,000
Platinum: 11,718 - 16,200
Gold: 6,318 - 11,700
Silver: 1,818 - 6,300
Copper: 0 - 1,800

It is based only on MMR, which adjusts at the end of each season based on battlefield rank.

DeletedUser37653

I am loving the guild power that GbG brings in. I hope it sustains and is enough to replace GvG entirely.:)

DeletedUser40143

I agree. Wish they would also include GE impacts as well to guild power.

DeletedUser36644

I’d like to suggest that you allow the tavern silver boosts such as ‘extra turn’ to work for negotiations in Battlegrounds, and attack strength boost for fighting. At least the extra turn. It will make it feel like less of a pay-to-win diamond grab. Battlegrounds is a fun new guild cooperation feature, and it would be nice to see it more about resource strategy rather than who can afford more diamonds.

DeletedUser37581

I’d like to suggest that you allow the tavern silver boosts such as ‘extra turn’ to work for negotiations in Battlegrounds, and attack strength boost for fighting. At least the extra turn. It will make it feel like less of a pay-to-win diamond grab. Battlegrounds is a fun new guild cooperation feature, and it would be nice to see it more about resource strategy rather than who can afford more diamonds.
Along with allowing tavern boost for extra turn, would you also like to see 8, 9 and 10 choices instead of 4, 5 and 6?

RazorbackPirate

Just decide to never use diamonds. Then it's entirely about a good resource production / management strategy and negotiating skill. It's your choice to use diamonds or not, just like when your presented with the option to use them in DC, GE, or Settlement negotiations.

While it may appear so, Inno allowing Tavern Boosts to work in GBG will have no measurable effect on overall play. Everyone is under the same limitation now, everyone will have the same advantage then. All it will do is allow for more advancements per player, per day. For everyone. In the end, the results on the map are still the same, just more sector turnovers each day.

King DoGz

So ...
Here we are in the second week of battleground. I'd love to enjoy the game but there are serious point issues that need to be resolved for fairness to those that are lower ranked guilds.
My guild is currently ranked the highest as of your current update yesterday. Yet a guild that is just 2 places below me has the best tiles and position on the map. The disparity is staggering. If I took the front 3 tiles in front of my headquarters and compared them to the front 3 tiles in front of the guild that's only 2 places below me in guild standings, there's a 62 point per hour difference! I currently am running 3rd in battleground for this event. The second place team.. their front 3 tiles are about a 20 point difference per hour! All the other guilds in our game are SUBSTANTIALLY lower in guild rankings to my self and the guild that's 2 places below me. The higher ranked guilds SHOULDN'T be getting premium anything and for sure there shouldn't be such a disparity from one area to another. 62 Points? really? Yeah.. I could build a building, but then my cost to overcome this disparity is HUGE for goods, troops, everything. This needs to be rectified.
I'm a small guild that's fought it's way to the higher rankings. I personally have dropped a lot of goods, time and troops to make it to where we are and now feel as though because we're smaller we are being penalized for it. Yeah.. we could go out and grab a ton of players. But we shouldn't be FORCED to have 80 players on our team to compete. I dropped from 17th in standings to 25th .. after coming in 3rd for JUST THE FIRST WEEK! My guild places consistently first in GE and has a decent holdings in GVG game.

RazorbackPirate

Congrats on your guild's advancement.

As far as the rest of your screed, you seem to think that things totally random are deliberate. You're wrong. Location of your home province? Random. Exact VP value of each sector? Random. Value of each sector adjacent to your home province? Random.

No one was 'given' an advantage or 'premium', no one was 'penalized'. The disparity? Random. Which means some weeks you'll get the advantage, other weeks your opponent will. Looks like this is an 'other' week.

Your previous success in GE and GvG is what gave you such a high initial ranking. But that's all behind us. You're not being penalized, you're being given what you've earned, as are the other guilds. From here on out, anything you do in GE and GvG will have no effect on your standing in GBG, only what you do in GBG will affect your ranking in GBG. Moving forward, those that out perform you will move ahead of you and you'll move ahead of those you outperform. As it should be.

Also, you should have no expectation that your small guild will have a chance to end up competing long term with an 80 person guild. You can't field a little league team and expect to compete in the major leagues. That's not how it works. Once the leagues sort out in a few more rounds, you'll only be facing other minor league teams and won't have to face such a disparities in guild size, but if you want to eventually compete in the major leagues, you'll have to build a major league team.

That's what makes it a fair competition.

Last edited:

DeletedUser37581

Location of your home province? Random.
Not exactly. Guilds are located on the map in MMR order, with the lowest MMR guild at the 12:00 position (A4A) and the rest being placed on the map clockwise in increasing MMR order.

ODragon

Not exactly. Guilds are located on the map in MMR order, with the lowest MMR guild at the 12:00 position (A4A) and the rest being placed on the map clockwise in increasing MMR order.

So the highest and lowest are always next to each other? That doesn't seem sensible to me...

DeletedUser37581

So the highest and lowest are always next to each other? That doesn't seem sensible to me...
In most battlefields there isn't going to be much difference between the guilds with the highest and lowest MMRs. And up at the top of the standings, the top guilds are going to dominate no matter where they are placed.

RazorbackPirate

While that may be true, there's nothing a guild can do to ensure a specific spot, so where they end up on the map, from the perspective of the guild is random.

lemur

10. If a player joins a guild in the middle of a Battlegrounds cycle, does that player win the same bundle of Honor Selection fragments at the end of the cycle?

DeletedUser40604

Teamwork. I already said how my guild learned to coordinate attacks against the most important provinces so our attacks aren't wasted on multiple provinces at the same time. I suppose guilds will appoint people to direct action in GBG if they haven't already, and good guild members will learn to follow their lead. I've seen guilds who achieve results in GE and GvG without resorting to strict controls because the players want to work as a team. Or in simpler terms:

I don't have a problem with logs showing who initiated an attack on a province. I'm against giving only guild leaders the ability to initiate attacks or delete flags they don't want. If the guild leaders can see who's attacking where and they don't like it, let them take action by either telling the player to stop or booting from the guild if it's a problem.

There's also this: Restricting guild leaders to opening new levels in GE is a problem in guilds where the leaders aren't playing actively. It blocks the other players from advancing farther, and it hurts the guild by giving it less ability to advance. GvG may restrict sieges, but that feature seems to be largely locked up in stalemates except for the hour or two after recalc when most people do their fighting. GvG guilds usually don't let a siege sit open for hours at a time from what I can tell, so unless a player is Trusted, he or she has to wait for someone else to start up a fight.

Restricting fights in GBG would mean that a guild won't be able to do anything to counter aggression if none of the players who have the ability to act aren't on at a given time, and since guild ranking is counted hourly, that will hurt a guild over the long run. GvG can park all they want when there's only a single recalc a day. So guilds need to learn to coordinate and how to strategize with this feature.

I also say there's no such thing as "rogue flags". Yes, there might be times when a guild member ignores the rest of the guild and starts a fight in a province that's not worth taking at the moment. But there's also times when you want to switch focus to a different province because the battle lines here are a lot less stagnant than GvG, and it becomes more important to capture a different province. Guilds need to be able to coordinate and communicate when there's multiple flags are up which flag is the most important one at the given moment.
I want detailed log, or else it's so scattered. Some ppl never see the messages while on a battle spree. We can identify and tell them to read the threads

DeletedUser41583

Why is a pile of magma in the volcano the most valuable area on the map?

DeletedUser

10. If a player joins a guild in the middle of a Battlegrounds cycle, does that player win the same bundle of Honor Selection fragments at the end of the cycle?
No, he does not. I know this from personal experience. I joined a guild midway through the first round and received nothing at the end of the cycle.