• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

BobboG

Are you the same Algona that is on Mt Kilmore with the Demon Stars and ranks 598 with 31 million points and 15,800 battles and on Rugnir with the Top Dogs and ranks 880 with 18 million points and 9400 battles and on with the Mutineers on another world with a ranking of 6032 and 645,000 points and 1566 battles? If so, you really should not be spouting your stuff until you get some real stats to back your junk up. From your stats it seems the only thing you are really good at is writing in the forums and being snidely insulting over 1200 times. I guess you must be a shill for INNO to disparage others and jump to their defense so readily. I have been with this game a lot longer than you and when their formula is unfair it is unfair

Graviton

So, you asked a question:

I would like to know what we are supposed to do under this 'great' matching of guilds.

...which was answered by others including Algona:

Seems like your current plan is to give up, complain, and hope INNO changes GBG.

That was the gist of your first post, you're the one who mentioned giving up. The rest of Algona's post was a list of valid answers to your question:

Or you can try diplomacy? Relax for two weeks and store up Troops and Goods? Grow your Guild? Hit the Province to trigger the swap then hit it again 4 hours later with a coordinated blitz to take the spot before the other Guilds reset the lock and be prepared to exploit any breakthrough?

You've advanced to platinum. Your Guild should be able to do the last suggestion. If nothing else you can rack up a few individual Rewards.

It sucks, you're gonna have a brutal 10 days, but it's gotta be better then your current plan.

What exactly were you expecting? He certainly seems to understand how GBG works better than you do. I suggest paying attention instead of finding excuses to dismiss him.

BobboG

You're right, it is obvioous that I've never tried complaining and asking INNO to change the game because I'm getting my ass handed to me. Maybe you're right, maybe that will work for you. Let me know, please?

In the meantime, would you like your ass cerviche or roasted?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm a glutton for punishment and go out of my way to get my ass handed to me in game. I started my second city a couple years back to experiment with. Which consists mostly of trying stupid things, having them blow up in my face, and then trying more stupid things. It's kinda fun, but I'm sicko perv that way.

But I don't piss and moan about it, I don't ask INNO to change the game because something goes wrong. When I run into something I can't figure out I ask for help. I guess I'm sicko perv that way, too.

After all the norm for this forum is to come in screaming about urine flow and accusing INNO of causing the problem while demanding INNO clean up the mess.

Carry on.

Would you like something to drink with your ass?
By the way, I am 22nd on my world with over 181 million points and over 53000 fights

RazorbackPirate

Are you the same Algona that is on Mt Kilmore with the Demon Stars and ranks 598 with 31 million points and 15,800 battles and on Rugnir with the Top Dogs and ranks 880 with 18 million points and 9400 battles and on with the Mutineers on another world with a ranking of 6032 and 645,000 points and 1566 battles? If so, you really should not be spouting your stuff until you get some real stats to back your junk up. From your stats it seems the only thing you are really good at is writing in the forums and being snidely insulting over 1200 times. I guess you must be a shill for INNO to disparage others and jump to their defense so readily. I have been with this game a lot longer than you and when their formula is unfair it is unfair
What this means to me is that @Algona is far better at playing the game than you are. With much less rank points (a meaningless stat that has no effect on game play) he's able to play through adversity without complaint. Bet that makes him better at life too.

But sure, get into a pissing match over something meaningless. That should go well for you here.

Now before you get all preachy and judgmental about how you're so much better than me, last season both of my guilds got our asses handed to us. One of them a very similar situation as yours. Our Platinum guild got placed on the Diamond map (yay, love those Diamond level rewards) and were leading the round until 3 larger guilds decided to gang up on us, pushing us down to 4th, a position we could never break out of.

Did anyone from my guild come here to complain about unfairness? Nope. We just sucked it up and fought through it. This round, we're on a Platinum battlefield and killing it. We'll also be much more prepared for the next round when we'll likely end up on the diamond map again, having picked up 12 new members, most from the guilds who had allied against us.

Yup, instead of asking Inno to make the game easier for us, we worked to improve ourselves to be an even stronger competitor.

In my other world, our little Gold guild got stuck in between two guilds twice our size getting completely run over as they went after each other. We could barely take, never mind hold any territory on the 2nd ring, we were lucky to hold anything on ring 3. All the other guilds were able to grab and hold territory simply by not being placed in between the two others. Did anyone come here to complain about unfairness? Nope. We sucked it up, did the best we could and are now killing it this round.

So save us the blah, blah, blah. Many of us have been in your situation without complaint. Not that we don't want to win, quite the opposite. We want to win because we've earned it, not because Inno made it easier for us.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
By the way, I am 22nd on my world with over 181 million points and over 53000 fights
SFW? All that proves is you know how to point farm in GvG. How's that working for you in Battlegrounds? Not very well apparently, as you're the one here complaining about how it's so unfair. See how meaningless your stats are?

BobboG

All I was saying was that the formula right now is not working. I was not looking for snide insults from Algona the first time and worse the second. If you got stuck in the same situation then it shows the formula still is not working. But if you guys want to stick your head in the sand and ignore it. so be it. that is up to you. But I thought this was a forum for feedback about GBG, not a love fest for anything INNO does. And when 3 of the 5 guilds ally, there is nothing you can do. you cannot even get out of HQ. That is the fault of a formula that puts a 40 person guild that was promoted from gold to platinum into diamond with 80 members guilds. That is all on INNO. GBG was touted as being fair to the participants.

RazorbackPirate

All I was saying was that the formula right now is not working. I was not looking for snide insults from Algona the first time and worse the second. If you got stuck in the same situation then it shows the formula still is not working. But if you guys want to stick your head in the sand and ignore it. so be it. that is up to you. But I thought this was a forum for feedback about GBG, not a love fest for anything INNO does. And when 3 of the 5 guilds ally, there is nothing you can do. you cannot even get out of HQ. That is the fault of a formula that puts a 40 person guild that was promoted from gold to platinum into diamond with 80 members guilds. That is all on INNO. GBG was touted as being fair to the participants.
The system is working fine. On our current battleground only 10 MMR points separates the lowest ranked guild from the highest ranked. Not sure how you could get more fair than that. That you don't like it and wither in the face of actual competition doesn't mean it's not fair.

^ This. So having done the math, use your fragments to build in way that maximizes what you personally are looking for. Fill your city with level 2 statues if maximum FPs is your goal. That you personally don't like the balance structure doesn't mean there's an imbalance issue that needs correcting.
Makes sense to me, rather than one x level 5 SoH I will be getting 2 or 3 x level 2 SoH's as they pay more FP's for the footprint than SoK's

DeletedUser14197

So if I'm competing against another guild and we have the same number of fights to go and I fight and the other one negotiates, he will beat me if i have to manually fight, and probably even if i don't since i have to change units totally between a lot of the battles and doing it on the phone (what gbg was created to include) is quite time consuming. Just seems like a war game should favor those who fight over those who negotiate. If I was in a guild that actually had a good number of players participating where you could count on getting help it might still work for me though ut still doesn't make sense. However, since I'm in the guild I am in and ut isn't likely to change, since I'm a fighter mainly, since it gets boring changing units over and over again to fight endless battles where progress is slow and since I also don't care for the new negotiation feature I'll probably start using it just to get in battles I need for rewards and if I see a plea for help from another guildmates. I guess with this feature the large guilds will get really big but I never cared about that before anyway

DeletedUser37581

So if I'm competing against another guild and we have the same number of fights to go and I fight and the other one negotiates, he will beat me if i have to manually fight, and probably even if i don't since i have to change units totally between a lot of the battles
You're forgetting that the negotiator will have a significant number of failed negotiations. That slows the speed of a negotiator down quite a bit. Only the successful negotiations gain advances.

RazorbackPirate

So much wrong with this post.
So if I'm competing against another guild and we have the same number of fights to go and I fight and the other one negotiates, he will beat me if i have to manually fight, and probably even if i don't since i have to change units totally between a lot of the battles and doing it on the phone (what gbg was created to include) is quite time consuming. Just seems like a war game should favor those who fight over those who negotiate. If I was in a guild that actually had a good number of players participating where you could count on getting help it might still work for me though ut still doesn't make sense. However, since I'm in the guild I am in and ut isn't likely to change, since I'm a fighter mainly, since it gets boring changing units over and over again to fight endless battles where progress is slow and since I also don't care for the new negotiation feature I'll probably start using it just to get in battles I need for rewards and if I see a plea for help from another guildmates. I guess with this feature the large guilds will get really big but I never cared about that before anyway
First, your basic premise is incorrect. FoE is a city building game that has both a fighting and negotiating component. That GvG predates negotiations added to the game, is irrelevant, as Inno decided to include both in GBG. However, I do understand when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Meaning, you have the exact same opportunity to negotiate as any other player, that you choose not to is exactly that, your choice. No one should be favored or penalized because you've built a city that can only do one thing effectively. You have the same opportunities as everyone else to build up your goods supply as everyone else.

While you can say that it will take twice as many successful fights to complete the province as it will negotiations, you absolutely cannot say that the negotiator will finish before you. There a way too many variables in reality that gives the fighter as much chance to finish first as the negotiator. Just because you don't like the idea of that, doesn't make it unfair.

In addition, the why about negotiations has been discussed ad nauseum, that you don't like that either is irrelevant. I can fight and not lose a unit, but win or lose, I burn the goods.

You've also chosen the guild you're in and if you don't like how that affects your GBG play, you're free to find a guild better suited, but you don't want to. And that's the bottom line.

Your entire complaint is based on a whole lot of things you don't want to change about your city, or your guild, or your play style, so now you want the game changed to suit you? Change or don't, play GBG or don't. But don't ask Inno to change GBG for you, because you don't want to change for GBG.

DeletedUser14197

You're forgetting that the negotiator will have a significant number of failed negotiations. That slows the speed of a negotiator down quite a bit. Only the successful negotiations gain advances.
You're right. I did forget that. However for me negotiating is quite a bit faster even with failed ones as you get 2 advances fir each completed negotiation. It still doesn't make sense
So much wrong with this post.

First, your basic premise is incorrect. FoE is a city building game that has both a fighting and negotiating component. That GvG predates negotiations added to the game, is irrelevant, as Inno decided to include both in GBG. However, I do understand when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Meaning, you have the exact same opportunity to negotiate as any other player, that you choose not to is exactly that, your choice. No one should be favored or penalized because you've built a city that can only do one thing effectively. You have the same opportunities as everyone else to build up your goods supply as everyone else.

While you can say that it will take twice as many successful fights to complete the province as it will negotiations, you absolutely cannot say that the negotiator will finish before you. There a way too many variables in reality that gives the fighter as much chance to finish first as the negotiator. Just because you don't like the idea of that, doesn't make it unfair.

In addition, the why about negotiations has been discussed ad nauseum, that you don't like that either is irrelevant. I can fight and not lose a unit, but win or lose, I burn the goods.

You've also chosen the guild you're in and if you don't like how that affects your GBG play, you're free to find a guild better suited, but you don't want to. And that's the bottom line.

Your entire complaint is based on a whole lot of things you don't want to change about your city, or your guild, or your play style, so now you want the game changed to suit you? Change or don't, play GBG or don't. But don't ask Inno to change GBG for you, because you don't want to change for GBG.
You have misunderstood me. No, I wad not asking the game to change fir me. Yes I was complaining cause it doesn't make sense to me. I do not want to change guilds but I would do it IF I enjoyed gbg. However, I don't particularly. I still think a war game should not favor negotiators but iCAN negotiate all I want. I have sufficient goods. I know it is my choice to fight instead of negotiate. I know it is fair that way. I am simply giving my feedback. That is what this forum is for. Why some people feel they have to accuse others is beyond me. It makes sense to you. I'm happy for you. It doesn't make sense to me. I'll simply not do it af much. We're all happy. I gave my feedback. You gave yours just no need to falsely accuse me of anything. You don't know me. I really don't expect inno to change anything especially for me. I am happy just doing events and ge. I even enjoyed villages but quit cause I got busy. However may choose not to finish unless I get to liking negotiating again. It's a game. If I hate it, I don't do it unless it is needed to play the game or fir my guild. By the way I have negotiated plenty in gbg before the change and I could process faster negotiating than fighting. Very rare for me to take longer.

Jayporter

I do enjoy gbg, seen both bottom and top leagues. The top league has become tedious when there are 3 guilds that are teaming up against the others (2 in our case, maybe if full would be different) and they have developed quite a masterful tactic of pre loading sectors & basically exchanging sectors and keeping us effectively locked at our home base. I do want to acknowledge their tactical insight, exhibiting amazing timing and attendance. I do see some possible amendments to this feature that would just give some guild that is being "bullied" a chance such as; limiting the number of flags a guild could have at a time, creating a deterioration factor for seige points vs time or by sectors held, that way those in say silver league and have only a few people active they don't lose all progress or maybe the league value affects that clock. Maybe make the leagues cross worlds like GE. Just some thoughts, I mean inno wants us playing and spending resources, if I can't fight I can't spend.
Full disclosure our guild did do some antagonizing which may have helped create this monster.

DeletedUser36145

I quite agree with Jayporter.
The so called "alliances" will kill the feature sooner or later. Some changes have to be made in that direction, unless the initial goal of GbG is to become as obsolete and useless as GvG.
And honey55 is right too. Negotiation is much faster than fighting by itself and besides, gives two points. So, the feature is designed mainly for negotiators. Which, of course, makes perfect sense, as the main goal of it is to empty the huge goods inventories.
Maybe, after a few months, when previous age goods are somewhat depleted, the fighters will have some chance, but as it is now, they are bound to loose in all cases.

DeletedUser

The top league has become tedious when there are 3 guilds that are teaming up against the others (2 in our case, maybe if full would be different) and they have developed quite a masterful tactic of pre loading sectors & basically exchanging sectors and keeping us effectively locked at our home base.
The so called "alliances" will kill the feature sooner or later. Some changes have to be made in that direction, unless the initial goal of GbG is to become as obsolete and useless as GvG.
Sad that GBG is already becoming GvG 2.0. I foresee dwindling participation in the higher leagues if this continues. And can you imagine how much worse it will be if players are successful in getting Inno to give them more detailed logs and GvG-like guild controls?

Super Catanian

I foresee dwindling participation in the higher leagues if this continues.
This is already happening. Gold League, first place, with only 7 Provinces. We're the only ones that have built any Province Buildings, mostly Watchtowers and a few other miscellaneous Buildings. More Guild Power Points and Fragments for the Guild and I. Not complaining.

Algona

Gamers gonna game any system. Alliances and lockouts and loopholes will be found and exploited.

The real question...

Will INNO put in the effort to keep changing GBG to keep it from becoming stale with player invented nonsense?

The hope here, that because Leagues do restart every 2 weeks Guilds and players can't 'invest' in any particular technique for an extended period, just two weeks. There won;t be any basis for complaints about GBG changing.

But INNO has made one mistake regarding that, they should have been underlined bolded italicized with conformation confirming the confirmation that GBG can and will be changed on little ntice.

I don't see INNO doing so, it would be a fundamental change in their approach to their development of this game.

One can hope though!

DeletedUser34480

I cannot get an actual answer. Some speculations, only.

Guild ranking looks really screwed up. A non-sense. Can anyone provide an actual formula how it is calculated now?