• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser36572

okay - you have an agreement with another guild to not attack each other. One of your flags goes
up showing a siege on that guild. How do you tell, specifically, who set that siege? I've talked to many
in other guilds and they all have the same complaint - you can't tell who is attacking who at the province
level.

Because your guild sucks, and you, or any number of others want to complain about the fact you/they suck ... Is Not A System Concern.

Translated:
It’s not the game’s fault, or a problem with Battlegrounds, that you suck. If a Guild Leader chooses to enter an agreement with another Guild, when they have no control over the people, and lack the tools necessary to enforce the agreement they desire ... That is not the game’s fault.

Own It

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

okay - you have an agreement with another guild to not attack each other. One of your flags goes
up showing a siege on that guild. How do you tell, specifically, who set that siege? I've talked to many
in other guilds and they all have the same complaint - you can't tell who is attacking who at the province
level.

If Guildies breaking NAPs is common place amongst many Guilds, then maybe the solution is to understand that Guildies breaking NAPs is common place and assure that the Guilds involved in the NAP understand that it happens and that it's not causus belli, or even worth getting upset about. just a mistake that happens. Add this discussion as an additional part of ongoing diplomatic negotiation.

As far as your own Guild goes, it is a matter of clearcut repetitious communications. I'm in two Platinum and a Gold Guild, the leadership in each is explicit and repetitive in the coordination threads stating who is Allied and who is NAPped,

That combined with Leadership making sure that we won't get upset when their players goof and the other Leadership shouldn't get upset when out players goof works pretty well.

That works if it's just an occasional Guildie just making a mistake. It it is someone intentionally doing so, you're gonna have to work pretty hard to figure out the culprit, but it can be done. Mostly by watching the standings and messaging some of those people making advances to stop until you winnow it down to the right person.

Until (IF!) INNO implements logs, that's about the best you can do. Good luck!

Vger

However the larger the guild, the greater the percentage of active players. Evidence
shows that larger guilds win top spots.
I'm sorry, I must have missed the post with the evidence that supports that. Do you have a link ?

I've heard anecdotal evidence to support the claim that larger guilds have an advantage.
I've heard anecdotal evidence to support the claim that smaller guilds can be competitive.

I haven't seen any hard data that supports either premise. Show me the Evidence!

barra370804

level.
you can't, and you shouldn't need to.

Agent327

GBG is flawed and nobody seems to care.

Only thing flawed about GBG is players not understanding how it works and as a result keep complaining about something there is nothing wrong with.

level.

You use the member activity to figure it out.

DeletedUser37581

I'm sorry, I must have missed the post with the evidence that supports that. Do you have a link ?

I've heard anecdotal evidence to support the claim that larger guilds have an advantage.
I've heard anecdotal evidence to support the claim that smaller guilds can be competitive.

I haven't seen any hard data that supports either premise. Show me the Evidence!
Using data from the beta server as it has completed 10 seasons so there are more guilds in diamond/platinum than what the live servers have:

LeagueAverage Guild Size
Diamond57.6
Platinum31.4
Gold11.9
Silver5.9
Copper (excluding 0 MMR)5.3

On Beta, there are 13 guilds of size 1 to 9 members which are in Platinum league. There are two 1-member guilds in Platinum.

Would it be possible to add more information to battlegrounds about guild member actions? Specifically:
1) it would be VERY helpful to display who finishes a tile in the log. Sometimes strategy relies on not taking a tile immediately and with the available tools it's incredibly difficult to figure out who is not cooperating, in order to address the problem.
2) it would be really nice to see who is actively hitting a tile - like GE shows who else is active, or GvG shows who hit tiles. It's good for team spirit to see the names of guildmates fighting alongside you (and would help address problems when people hit the wrong tile). Perhaps a second "encounter log" screen that lists X hit tile A1 @ time, Y hit tile A1 @ time, etc?

DeletedUser

Would it be possible to add more information to battlegrounds about guild member actions? Specifically:
1) it would be VERY helpful to display who finishes a tile in the log. Sometimes strategy relies on not taking a tile immediately and with the available tools it's incredibly difficult to figure out who is not cooperating, in order to address the problem.
2) it would be really nice to see who is actively hitting a tile - like GE shows who else is active, or GvG shows who hit tiles. It's good for team spirit to see the names of guildmates fighting alongside you (and would help address problems when people hit the wrong tile). Perhaps a second "encounter log" screen that lists X hit tile A1 @ time, Y hit tile A1 @ time, etc?
Already discussed ad infinitum in this thread. Already proposed and submitted. Don't hold your breath, though.

DevaCat

Well re-reading some of this makes me nauseous, I didn't think they were still complaining about "rogues" and sieges. I'm in 4 guilds, one barely competes while the others are fairly gung-ho. In those that are into it, broken treaties are rare and not that big of a deal. The key seems to be clear, effective leadership communications and a bit of early education for members who are new to it. If my not-so-elite guilds can do it without new controls and logs, why can't these hyper competitive guilds do it?

Cordwainer

Actually everyone is having an attrition reset problem, and there are several threads plus a Moderator note in the forum about it. Inno is aware of the problem and working on it.

DeletedUser36145

Actually everyone is having an attrition reset problem, and there are several threads plus a Moderator note in the forum about it. Inno is aware of the problem and working on it.
Thanks!
I saw it after posting here.

DeletedUser30312

Well re-reading some of this makes me nauseous, I didn't think they were still complaining about "rogues" and sieges. I'm in 4 guilds, one barely competes while the others are fairly gung-ho. In those that are into it, broken treaties are rare and not that big of a deal. The key seems to be clear, effective leadership communications and a bit of early education for members who are new to it. If my not-so-elite guilds can do it without new controls and logs, why can't these hyper competitive guilds do it?

From the people I see complaining, some of the problem seems to be from established GvG guilds that are pretty set in their ways and are either unwilling or unable to adapt to GBG's mechanics.

DeletedUser4441

Using data from the beta server as it has completed 10 seasons so there are more guilds in diamond/platinum than what the live servers have:

LeagueAverage Guild Size
Diamond57.6
Platinum31.4
Gold11.9
Silver5.9
Copper (excluding 0 MMR)5.3

On Beta, there are 13 guilds of size 1 to 9 members which are in Platinum league. There are two 1-member guilds in Platinum.

My 1 man guild has struggled, but not yet made it to platinum. I am near the top of Gold though. Regularly beat guilds with 10-30 members. Its not about the size of the dog in the fight but about the size of the fight in the dog!!!

DeletedUser4157

Why are members of a guild listed in the GbG roster when they have not completed the "Military Tactics" tech? In GE you are not listed until you complete the required tech but in GbG you are listed regardless of completing the required tech. I understand GE is a different aspect of the game but I think the same rule should apply. If a guild has rules that say the guild people must participate or they get kicked from the guild, how are they to know that a player cannot participate because of a tech they have not unlocked? I cannot see another players tech tree unless they make a screenprint to prove they have not unlocked that tech and by then it may be too late because they have been kicked from the guild.

DeletedUser

Why are members of a guild listed in the GbG roster when they have not completed the "Military Tactics" tech? In GE you are not listed until you complete the required tech but in GbG you are listed regardless of completing the required tech. I understand GE is a different aspect of the game but I think the same rule should apply. If a guild has rules that say the guild people must participate or they get kicked from the guild, how are they to know that a player cannot participate because of a tech they have not unlocked? I cannot see another players tech tree unless they make a screenprint to prove they have not unlocked that tech and by then it may be too late because they have been kicked from the guild.
In GE, the weekly championship depends on the % completed by eligible members, so it is logical not to include members that are not eligible. GBG does not work that way, the number of members has no impact on how a guild's performance is measured. So members that do not participate does not, in itself, detract from the efforts of those who do participate. (Yes, I know that the more members participating probably means more advances. That's not the issue.) And since there are three days between rounds of GBG, there is plenty of time for guild leaders to communicate with non-participants to ascertain the reason for their inactivity. I'm not saying that they should or shouldn't be included, but there's no game reason to exclude them as there is in GE.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Inno should really make all of the sectors right in front of the base have the same amount of building slots.

Considering the fact that almost every battle is insanely lopsided, if a weaker guild has bad luck and gets a spot with only 1 building slot right in front of them it makes it almost impossible for them to even get in any fights.

And no, I'm not complaining because we are always on the weaker end....about half the time we own 3/4 of the map and the poor guys we are up against are hosed, occasionally we get stuck with the 1 guild on our server who is so far ahead of everyone else it's not even funny and get our face stomped, but if we get the spot with 2 slots in front of us at least we can get in a decent amount of fights.

Once you get past the outer ring, it doesn't matter, but to have that first sector with 2 slots is way too big of a difference maker with the way everyone uses seige camps.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Inno should really make all of the sectors right in front of the base have the same amount of building slots.

Considering the fact that almost every battle is insanely lopsided, if a weaker guild has bad luck and gets a spot with only 1 building slot right in front of them it makes it almost impossible for them to even get in any fights.

And no, I'm not complaining because we are always on the weaker end....about half the time we own 3/4 of the map and the poor guys we are up against are hosed, occasionally we get stuck with the 1 guild on our server who is so far ahead of everyone else it's not even funny and get our face stomped, but if we get the spot with 2 slots in front of us at least we can get in a decent amount of fights.

Once you get past the outer ring, it doesn't matter, but to have that first sector with 2 slots is way too big of a difference maker with the way everyone uses seige camps.

I'm going to post this again, because we got stuck in the exact same spot again (2 out of the last 3). The slots for buildings in front of everyone's home base needs to be the same for everyone. It is a HUGE disadvantage to only have 1 slot in all of the sectors on your front porch when others have two.

Come on...this is commons sense. It's fine to have the middle two rings different. But in front of everyone's base should be the same.

Fracchia

Makes sense. imho, things should go even further, and make vp/h constant inside each ring. It can make a difference when up against big guilds, and 3-4 guilds are basically struggling to keep 2 provinces occupied. In that case, if with 1 controlled province you get 15vp/h and another guild gets 40, you are bound To be behind. And that’s not because your guild is worse (we both keep 1 province on ring 4); it’s only because of luck in the placement draw.