• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Graviton

Part of Inno's business plan is the fact that people buy diamonds to get things done instantly rather than wait out production times, etc. When they add more things that will theoretically take more time, they want you to buy more diamonds; not to mention the game needs to grow to continue to be successful. I can't imagine that part of their game design is the concern that people are spending too much time playing it.

DeletedUser37581

Does it require all goods for the buildings then?
Each building needs a pre-determined amount of goods. For instance, Outpost requires a total of 500 goods. Those 500 goods will be randomly distributed among 3 types. For instance, Iron, Wires and Tinplate. The amounts of each are random, but the total will be 500.

If a guild has twice as many members in SAM as it has in AF, then it will be twice as likely that SAM goods will be required as it will be for AF goods to be required.

DeletedUser34582

Part of Inno's business plan is the fact that people buy diamonds to get things done instantly rather than wait out production times, etc. When they add more things that will theoretically take more time, they want you to buy more diamonds; not to mention the game needs to grow to continue to be successful. I can't imagine that part of their game design is the concern that people are spending too much time playing it.

Are you sure?
I'd be happy to pay some diamonds for Aid-all and Visit all taverns - if the cost in diamonds is decent, something like the "collect all finished production" . Aid-all would be my priority. I would still use the manual aid from the town hall once per week to be able to identify and remove those who never aid.

If is just a fact. If a game becomes too much time-consuming, the players would leave it. This is supposed to be a game for entertainment, not a full-time job. There are some players who are playing it full-time but their number is probably too low to pay for the game.

Emm55

I have a friend who can't access any GBG info on his Kindle fire. When do you think the GBG info/ competition will become available to him?

saknika

I'm pretty excited to get my hands on this. I love GvG for certain reasons that aren't going to be a part of GBG, however I have high hopes that this can hold an equal place in my heart. :) I just hope that the battles don't become as monotonous and boring as GE battles are (the same thing, week after week, until you move eras to get more of the same thing but for a different era of troops).

RazorbackPirate

Let's say that this would cover the battlegrounds. How about the Settlements and the Antiques dealer? There was no compensation of the time consumption on those.
I've never seen anywhere Inno promised to compensate time in the game, blah, blah, blah. Sounds good, but bad for business.
I see a problem with this - in resources.
Regarding the goods, that is no problem for higher age players. Anything above FE cannot be used for GvG anyway. Same with the treasury. The type of goods needed for the battlegrounds buildings is based on the highest members of the guild (if I understand it correctly) There is no other use for AF, OF, VF, and SAM goods anyway.
What is a problem is the cost of the game's most valuable resource - time.
People playing in more worlds will need to drop some of them. Some people playing in only one world will leave the game when they run out of the time.
Inno was supposed to balance this by reducing the time cost of other game features, such as adding "aid all" and "visit all taverns" functions or user-defined number of fps to add to a Great Building. Do the developers think that is is entertaining to click 4000 fps in by the steps of 10? That is 400 clicks!
This is the same mistake the developers keep doing. Adding new, time-consuming features without reducing the time consumption of the old ones at the same time. (They used to do that a couple of years ago, by simplifying the aid and taverns, but not anymore, why?) Saying that the new features are only optional in an invalid argument because (some of) the competitors would use those for sure. Adding new game features without balancing the time requirements cost you customers. It costs you money, don't you see it?
Inno makes money selling diamonds. Diamonds speed up the game. Inno does what it wants and makes gobs of money doing so. Let's leave this to the professionals. They seem to know what they're doing.

Graviton

If is just a fact. If a game becomes too much time-consuming, the players would leave it. This is supposed to be a game for entertainment, not a full-time job.

When many of these features are optional then the problem isn't with the game. Ignore story quests. Skip DCs when they don't offer anything you want. Skip the Tavern completely if you feel like it. Skip the Antiques Dealer completely if you feel like it. Don't do the Settlements if they're too much of a grind; or do them until you get the prize and then stop. Reduce the number of worlds you play on, or turn some of them into minimum-effort diamond farms. Aid/polish every other day instead of every day. It really doesn't have to be All or Nothing; "I must do everything possible or I won't do anything at all!" As @Algona said: Prioritize. Or quit, I guess, but it's not Inno's fault for introducing new features.

Emm55

I've never seen anywhere Inno promised to compensate time in the game, blah, blah, blah. Sounds good, but bad for business.

Inno makes money selling diamonds. Diamonds speed up the game. Inno does what it wants and makes gobs of money doing so. Let's leave this to the professionals. They seem to know what they're doing.
Prioritize.

You got 4 cities, have done 70K fights, have 4 high lvl Chateaus so are prolly doing a lot of RQs.

I'm pretty sure you can squeeze in a few more fights.

fyi, already on beta they have streamlined the tavern visiting. Also, instead of endlessly clicking the add 10pt key, you can now enter the number of pts that you want to add to a gb.

Algona

fyi, already on beta they have streamlined the tavern visiting. Also, instead of endlessly clicking the add 10pt key, you can now enter the number of pts that you want to add to a gb.

Yup already knew that, it's in the latest Changelog and goes live next week. What's that got to do with this thread?

DeletedUser40143

What is the plan for GBG on mobile? Will the initial release be on mobile or is that coming later?

lemonwedgie

Will we know who contributed to GbG in the guild, like we do with GE (member contribution list) ... I think its pretty important to see who is or isnt pulling their weight.

DeletedUser37581

Will we know who contributed to GbG in the guild, like we do with GE (member contribution list) ... I think its pretty important to see who is or isnt pulling their weight.
There is a tab that shows member activity - negotiations and fights.

amg777

I wonder if someone can confirm something re guild goods. In GBG, looks like buildings require the use of guild goods. Is there anything else in GBG that requires guild goods to be spent?

DeletedUser29726

I wonder if someone can confirm something re guild goods. In GBG, looks like buildings require the use of guild goods. Is there anything else in GBG that requires guild goods to be spent?

Only buildings. Each building costs X amount of guild goods which will be randomly distributed amongst 3 goods in eras in which you have guild members (weighted by the era of said guild members).