• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Kranyar the Mysterious

@Panacea

Do you know or can you ask whether or not mobile will be able to access Battlegrounds tonight?

I know that in the past that live hasn't always needed to update to access new events, since the files are included in the update prior (unlike beta mobile which has to wait). I'm hoping that this is the case here, or that the app stores release the update in the next half day.

Otherwise its going to be tough for my guild to do our planned opening minutes push and build if I'm not even able to give my leaders the new "Building Constructor" permission (for those who have PC access, which isn't many), or do my part in the push.

If mobile can't access tonight, then the GvG guilds will get a huge and probably insurmountable jump for the first season, which will just make the unfair MMR bonus they get anyways even harder to compete against in the weeks and months to come for non-GvG guilds that plan to plan to do a lot of Battlegrounds. Beta has shown us how slow moving up leagues is without that bonus.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Well, in a small positive sign, when I changed worlds the GbG building just showed up outside of my city. Still haven't updated, but with it there it looks like Inno planned properly!

Galechade

There will be from 5 to 8 guilds on a map. The fighting is more like GvG in that all guilds are battling for provinces at the same time, and the progress of each guild can be seen. There can be several (dozens) of provinces under attack at any time, and sometimes a single province will be under attack by two or three guilds at once.
Thank you. If I'm understanding this correctly, reset in GBG will be every 4 hours. GVG is already changed to every 8 hours over on the EN server and is a total disaster. These servers cannot handle all that activity plus all the graphics at the same time. We all lock up or get kicked from the game on a daily basis, and now Inno wants to add more activity without updating their already outdated servers. geez...........

Kranyar the Mysterious

The way I understand it is:

Points calculation is every hour.

Provinces are locked down for 4 hours after you acquire them.

Attrition is reset to zero at midnight server time daily.

Prestige (along with guild rewards) is awarded at the end of the season and lasts 2 weeks (until the end of the next season).

UBERhelp1

@Panacea

Do you know or can you ask whether or not mobile will be able to access Battlegrounds tonight?
Innogames and therefore the forum mods have no control or idea if the updates will be available then. The app stores control that, Inno submits the update and it can take a few days to a week or more for the update to go through.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Innogames and therefore the forum mods have no control or idea if the updates will be available then. The app stores control that, Inno submits the update and it can take a few days to a week or more for the update to go through.
The question was whether the files to play Battlegrounds were in the existing 1.164.x patch (which should have been an answerable question), not when the new update was coming out in the app stores. When the building suddenly showed up in my City at some point after posting that, I pretty much had my answer, which was yes, the files had been added to the prior patch.

DeletedUser41730

Can you use troops from a younger age than you are at present? Or is the age of your attacking units tied to your current age?
I’m going to answer my own question in case some one else has it...
You can attack with any troops you like, but in GbG the defenders are going to be from your current age.

ODragon

If you have someone in your guild who hasn't opened the tech to participate; does them being in your guild count towards the goods needed?

DeletedUser37581

If you have someone in your guild who hasn't opened the tech to participate; does them being in your guild count towards the goods needed?
Yes. Even Bronze Age players are counted as being in Iron Age for the purposes of determining which goods are needed for the buildings.

DeletedUser23669

Will tavern extra turns and attack boosts be available on Guild Battleground? This is especially important for all those of us who are not big fighters and don't want to burn up all of our diamonds every time we play.

George Weasley

Tavern attack boost yes
Tavern extra turn no
Diamond extra turn yes

There's been a lot of discussion with InnoGames on Beta about the tavern extra turn. Tavern extra turn would unbalance current GBG negotiations, making it hard to justify 2 advances per negotiation. Tavern extra turn isn't going to happen.

George Weasley

Given how long it took to get a Diamond League formed on Beta, why did InnoGames decide to cap us at Gold League on the live server? I thought guilds would be placed in all leagues, including Platinum and Diamond?