• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

CatNik

Yes, it's after the round's complete. It's not well displayed but it's an amount based on your new MMR (that is you should be able to derive a quantity that directly corresponds to MMR for an active guild by taking their prestige and subtracting level and GvG contributions). It stays around for the entire 2 weeks after the close of a GBG season.
Thank you. Hopefully it is a significant amount.

DeletedUser29726

Thank you. Hopefully it is a significant amount.

It is. Beta number for my silver guild is ~1750 prestige. Top guilds after 3 seasons are ~5000. Also bear in mind that once 8 hour GvG comes in, existing GvG numbers will be a third of what they are now. GvG and GBG comprise approximately equal parts of the top guild's 'prestige' on beta.

DeletedUser37581

It is. Beta number for my silver guild is ~1750 prestige. Top guilds after 3 seasons are ~5000. Also bear in mind that once 8 hour GvG comes in, existing GvG numbers will be a third of what they are now. GvG and GBG comprise approximately equal parts of the top guild's 'prestige' on beta.
Beta and EN are backtracking to 24-hour GvG resets. We'll find out in a couple of days if prestige from both GvG and GBG will remain about equally balanced.

It does really suck that the tavern boost doesn't work for the extra turn in the negations. Not sure why the attack boost works but not the extra turn.

-Athena-

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO
They have finally come up with something that can literally tie people to this game 24/7 if they let it. So stock up on the caffeine and NoDoz. Quit your job. Say goodbye to your family. And eating well who needs to eat. Plus then you wont have to take time to run to the toilet.

Just say NO people and I say this with my guild performing very well in this newest feature. SO no this isn't sour grapes.

It's impossible to Aid, GE, Tavern Sit, Auction, Incidents, Events, GvG, GBG, and I know I'm forgetting things, Ohhh Settlements. Not to mention just the regular old school tasks of teching, Continent Map and general city builds. How can one do this without giving up your real life. And I'm just talking about 1 world. Heaven help you if you have more than one. And sure you can pick and choose but if you care about such things as rank you are almost forced to do the most time sucking components of this game.

Do you know people are actually setting alarms for this essentially telling people to lose sleep over it. I refuse. I won't order my guild members to do this. It's a GAME, people. Go Live your Lives. Don't let Forge of Empires consume your very existence.

Just a Public Service announcement.

Algona

I think Guild Battlegrounds was designed with the very high-level player in mind.

Know what GBG brings that is addictive as all get out, the best rush in the game?

GvG players know.

That feeling you get when you and your Guildies team up and punch another Guild in the nose.

Folks in all three of the Guilds I'm in are finally able to join in the fun that used to be the province of elite players. Player interest in advancing their capabilities and production is way up.

GBG enables any player to make meaningful contributions to the Guild any time of day or night and enjoy the feeling you can only get through teamwork and direct competition.

Wjhile you may need to be a super player to do 100 Advances in a day, even a player who does a few Advances gets to partake in the fun.

Will this excitement last? The rush from working with teammates to win? Ask the players in the GvG Guilds.

So no, GBG is not designed just for super players.

Unless of course you mean that INNO designed GBG to limit those super players.

It's impossible to Aid, GE, Tavern Sit, Auction, Incidents, Events, GvG, GBG, and I know I'm forgetting things, Ohhh Settlements. Not to mention just the regular old school tasks of teching, Continent Map and general city builds.

Didn't we have his talk a few months back?

Prioritize.

Why is a player as advanced as you wasting time on any items on your list if you don't like them?

If you do like them why are you unhappy with INNO for giving you game features you like?

Surprised you are down on GBG. I'd think you'd welcome your GvG competitors spending Resources and time on GBG.

As far as your time goes, until you do learn to prioritize and get rid of that harried have to do so much feeling, then I guess you can keep being frustrated at 'having' to do so much in a day.

DeletedUser

The biggest drawback I see is that guilds of wildly different sizes are being matched against each other. It is an incredible advantage for a guild of 80 to be able to take a sector with less than one battle/negotiation per member as opposed to a guild of 15 where it takes almost 5 battles/negotiations per member. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the 80 person guild can take most of the map before attrition sets in, while attrition shuts down the 15 member guild after just a couple sectors. I've already seen this in action on a couple of worlds. It's even more discouraging than the advantage large, established guilds have in GvG. I honestly don't feel like wasting my time with it.

-Athena-

Know what GBG brings that is addictive as all get out, the best rush in the game?

GvG players know.

That feeling you get when you and your Guildies team up and punch another Guild in the nose.

Folks in all three of the Guilds I'm in are finally able to join in the fun that used to be the province of elite players. Player interest in advancing their capabilities and production is way up.

GBG enables any player to make meaningful contributions to the Guild any time of day or night and enjoy the feeling you can only get through teamwork and direct competition.

Wjhile you may need to be a super player to do 100 Advances in a day, even a player who does a few Advances gets to partake in the fun.

Will this excitement last? The rush from working with teammates to win? Ask the players in the GvG Guilds.

So no, GBG is not designed just for super players.

Unless of course you mean that INNO designed GBG to limit those super players.

Didn't we have his talk a few months back?

Prioritize.

Why is a player as advanced as you wasting time on any items on your list if you don't like them?

If you do like them why are you unhappy with INNO for giving you game features you like?

Surprised you are down on GBG. I'd think you'd welcome your GvG competitors spending Resources and time on GBG.

As far as your time goes, until you do learn to prioritize and get rid of that harried have to do so much feeling, then I guess you can keep being frustrated at 'having' to do so much in a day.
I prioritize for work to be the most efficient and productive me I can be. I prioritize things within family life and social life. Having to prioritize in the same ways for a game....doesn't that seem a bit ludicrous? It's a Game. Not a job. And while prioritizing and organizing are 2 things I excel at it's starting to suck all the fun out of the game.
I can't believe I'm the only one that feels way. I just wanted my voice heard. They want feedback so there it is. And posting here is not even on my game priority list so exiting stage right. Good luck all!

RazorbackPirate

The biggest drawback I see is that guilds of wildly different sizes are being matched against each other. It is an incredible advantage for a guild of 80 to be able to take a sector with less than one battle/negotiation per member as opposed to a guild of 15 where it takes almost 5 battles/negotiations per member. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the 80 person guild can take most of the map before attrition sets in, while attrition shuts down the 15 member guild after just a couple sectors. I've already seen this in action on a couple of worlds. It's even more discouraging than the advantage large, established guilds have in GvG. I honestly don't feel like wasting my time with it.
As you know, this is a one time thing. From here out, match ups will be based on actual Battleground performance. It may take 4-5 rounds to fully settle out, but soon, most every guild will be punching at or near their own weight.

DeletedUser32428

I’ve been working hard on leveling my guild for about 3 years on practically only the mobile platform... Myself and several guildmates have sacrificed space in our city for HoF and worked very hard at staying in the top dog in GE. Sticking in the top 100 guilds as much as a guild without GVG potential can...

I am very upset that guilds that are showing minimal to no participation in GBG are in line to be winning an obnoxious amount of crowns when my guild is actually participating spending troops and goods and only winning a minuscule amount more than those who aren’t:mad:...

Can we not reward people for 0 to no effort in GBG? Can we make a minimum participation level towards achieving rewards? Guilds shouldn’t be allowed to progress just because they exist. Please don’t make my years of effort mean nothing.... Can we base it off how many VP guilds achieve or how much they sacrifice perhaps? Is that too much to ask?

Please fix the rewards system so people will actually have some motivation to participate... I know we will likely be underdogs when we move to the next couple of leagues but my guild has wanted to rank up our guild status for ages but couldn’t grow any faster on the mobile only platform... we thought this would help more than it appears it will be at this moment.

Also what happened to the aid all button? You guys just give up on that??? I’m tired of losing more and more aids every week because the monotony of aiding grows on us all...

Algona

doesn't that seem a bit ludicrous?

No. Why would you not bring a skill that you have to the game? Leadership, strategic thinking, creative thinking, economic relationships, diplomacy, bartering, orgaizing, planning, teaching why would you not use any of these skills because you use them in other aspects of life?

You prioritize your entertainment now. Movie? Forge? Gardening? I don't see why prioritizing within whatever entertainment you choose is ludicrous. You do it now anyway. Which GBs to acquire and level? What Sectors in what Province to attack? What troops and Goods to acquire?

Mike & Ike? Popcorn? Soda? Pull weeds? Fertilize? Borders? Incidents? DCs? GE?

FoE has always been about prioritizing, the game is intentionally designed to encourage players to always strive to improve their capabilities while limiting their ability to do everything at once.

No, it;s not ludicrous to prioritize your game play especially since you are the one who is frustrated by trying to do too much.

Can we not reward people for 0 to no effort in GBG?

That's exactly what will happen eventually. Guilds that don;t do anything will be dropped from GBG. Guilds that do minmal and wind up in the bottom rankings will be moved to the lowest League where they will make far less then then Guilds who try.

----------

Seeing a recurring omission or fallacy. That nig Guilds automatically have an advantage over small Guilds.

That omits participation. Take a look at your GEC. How many zombie Guilds you got this week?

If your small Guild has 50% participation in GBG you'll do as well as a Guild twice your size that has only 25% participation.

Will 10 player Guilds get the snot beat out of them by 80 player Guilds that have the same levels of participation? Well, sure. Why would it be otherwise?

There's some skill in building and managing 80 player active Guilds that should not be negated because some folks like their cozy warm tiny Guilds.

DeletedUser40996

I’ve been working hard on leveling my guild for about 3 years on practically only the mobile platform... Myself and several guildmates have sacrificed space in our city for HoF and worked very hard at staying in the top dog in GE. Sticking in the top 100 guilds as much as a guild without GVG potential can...

I am very upset that guilds that are showing minimal to no participation in GBG are in line to be winning an obnoxious amount of crowns when my guild is actually participating spending troops and goods and only winning a minuscule amount more than those who aren’t:mad:...

Can we not reward people for 0 to no effort in GBG? Can we make a minimum participation level towards achieving rewards? Guilds shouldn’t be allowed to progress just because they exist. Please don’t make my years of effort mean nothing.... Can we base it off how many VP guilds achieve or how much they sacrifice perhaps? Is that too much to ask?

Please fix the rewards system so people will actually have some motivation to participate... I know we will likely be underdogs when we move to the next couple of leagues but my guild has wanted to rank up our guild status for ages but couldn’t grow any faster on the mobile only platform... we thought this would help more than it appears it will be at this moment.

Also what happened to the aid all button? You guys just give up on that??? I’m tired of losing more and more aids every week because the monotony of aiding grows on us all...
Pretty sure there is a minimum participation threshold in GbG already . And big whoop if they get a similar amount of crowns the first month or 2 a fairly inactive guild is still going to drop leagues eventually while an active guild is going to climb ranks.

DeletedUser30312

I wonder how many of the GvG guilds are worried that mobile players who can't do GvG at all will start besting them at this. :p

Give the Battlegrounds system time to work itself out and more importantly, time for the guilds to sort themselves out.

Yeah, the best Inno could do with initial matchups was an approximation. Hopefully, after a few rounds the matchups will start coming out a bit more evenly.

They have finally come up with something that can literally tie people to this game 24/7 if they let it.

Not with attrition it isn't. It kicks in pretty quickly, maybe a bit too quickly. Without it, the big fighters would probably completely dominate things , but as it is now, a player who's just starting to build things up is going to slam into that wall after about 10-15 fights. Big fighters might be able to go 50 or 60 fights. There's negotiation, which builds a little more slowly, but there again the newer player hasn't had time to build up a stockpile of goods. And here's a problem similar to GvG, that the newer players will have a much harder time contributing much of value.

Emberguard

I am very upset that guilds that are showing minimal to no participation in GBG are in line to be winning an obnoxious amount of crowns
Actually there’s a minimum requirement of 40 advances for a reward to be received at all. They may be in that spot (which increases your own reward) but they won’t be eligible to receive what’s in the chest unless they meet that minimum amount

I know from two sources. (1) testing in beta my guild got nothing when not doing anything other then open the battlefields. (2) the devs stated the requirements on beta in the feedback thread

DeletedUser28298

The Battlegrounds is far away from the expectations of something good. Inno wants to posses our bank accounts and this time very obvious. A distribution on the same map of too big and too small guilds, very expensive supporting buildings which empty the guild treasury after a few days playing (with sense), attritions which kill the fighters a few minutes they start playing, or even worse if a player start negotiations as he will lose a huge amount of goods AND diamonds.
I am a high level player and a founder and am saying officially I and my guild will not play such rapacious addition to the game.
To add that the goods for the negotiations are mostly from the previous era not from the present one

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28298

I wonder if any guild can have members in AF and LMA only? That is not likely.
The guild has members in all ages from HMA to SAM.
Does it require all goods for the buildings then? If it selects randomly some of the ages only then the buildings would be built only when AF to SAM goods are required. FE and lower would be kept for GvG.

Correct.
Let's say that this would cover the battlegrounds. How about the Settlements and the Antiques dealer? There was no compensation of the time consumption on those.
Unfortunately a few thousands goods disappeared for only 2 days. How it will cover my play in the BG????

DeletedUser40996

Actually there’s a minimum requirement of 40 advances for a reward to be received at all. They may be in that spot (which increases your own reward) but they won’t be eligible to receive what’s in the chest unless they meet that minimum amount

I know from two sources. (1) testing in beta my guild got nothing when not doing anything other then open the battlefields. (2) the devs stated the requirements on beta in the feedback thread
Is that for the whole guild or each individual has to get 40 advances for a reward ???