• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser40858

Oh, get real. We all know about GvG. Especially the way a lot of GvG guilds are run. Why do you think we don't want GBG to be a GvG clone? Because we know what GvG is about and we don't play because we don't like it. Has nothing to do with PC vs mobile. Inno has stated that only 5% of active players participate in GvG. Did you know that?
Who is we all. Please specify. If 95% of players never play it then how do they know enough about it to decide what's good or bad about it lol

DeletedUser40858

Who is we all. Please specify. If 95% of players never play it then how do they know enough about it to decide what's good or bad about it lol
It has everything to do with pc access. Are you yelling me there is not a huge base of mobile only players? You just shot yourself in the foot lol

DeletedUser

Well, I obviously don't know why all 95% don't participate (saying they "never play it" is inaccurate), but I know that many of us have played GvG and don't do it now because we know that we don't like it. Incidentally, when Inno shared the 5% GvG participation rate, they also stated that 75% of players are on mobile. So even if you include only PC players, the GvG participation rate is only 20%.

DeletedUser

In any case, we've all stated our positions and reasoning on guild controls and logs. To summarize, most players are in favor of more comprehensive logs in GBG. As far as more guild controls on player actions, there is a deep divide, with players from GvG guilds wanting more stringent controls like in Gvg, while the majority oppose such controls. Now let's move on to other feedback, if there is any.

Vger

Now let's move on to other feedback, if there is any.
I just want to bump these 2 ideas from earlier today, because they are good ideas that have been drowned out in all the noise.
I would like access to Story and Side Quests in Battlegrounds. I know this is not something that everyone wants or needs, so an option under settings to turn it on or off would allow everyone to configure as they need - i.e. Show Story/Side Quests in Battlegrounds.
Building off of that, it would be cool if there were GBG event quests (make x advances in GBG by negotiating/fighting)

GBG tasks are definitely a thing I would like to see included in DCs and future event questlines.

Raymora

Building off of that, it would be cool if there were GBG event quests (make x advances in GBG by negotiating/fighting)
I read that and was ready to agree. One problem tho is not all guilds will enter GBG in a given season and they couldn't be completed during the 3 days off. It would either have to be smart enough to only bring up such a quest if you're entered or auto complete if it's not possible to do. INNO may avoid it. I like the idea tho.

DeletedUser

Guild Battleground Feedback:

Very frustrating and unsatisfying.

1. It’s way too long. Should be 5-6 days tops. One group steam rolls and then everyone else gives up.
2. There should be a way for leaders to mark a sector for attack.
3. There should be a way for members to see who is attacking. It’s almost impossible to know who’s attacking the wrong sector.
4. The matching system is terrible. We have one over powered huge team who can spend like mad, wiping the floor with everyone else. As said before, people just give up because it's not rewarding to repeatedly get punched in the face for very little progress, or to have those gains constantly taken away from you.
5. Too expensive. Part of this is long term effort and troops needed to go the full distance. Ties in with #1.

It's fun when you're making progress, but the endless-back-and-forth fight for sectors is a huge turn off- way more than initial fun. There's a ton of fun games out there completing for time, and the slog isn't worth it.

If your forced to fight someone, you want it to be even. It's not.

So far, thumbs down. Right now I wish there was an "opt out" button for each session.

Last edited by a moderator:

ocshooter

The Battleground gives its own prizes. FP, Fragments for the new building (Statue of Honor), goods, diamonds.. Several times now after fighting in Battleground I have come out to fight elsewhere and HC started giving. and perhaps this is why HC does not work there as it gives its own prizes while it does work in GE.

Emberguard

The Battleground gives its own prizes.
Yes but I've received both rewards from the same fight. The popup states which source it's from. GBG doesn't provide Spoils of War. That's a HC exclusive reward. So if that ever pops up in GBG there'd be no way to dispute it

Not sure the location when I last received Spoils of War Selection Kit so that one I'll have to keep an eye out for.

DeletedUser38162

As long as a province that can launch the attack is still touching then progress will be kept. This means if an attacked province no longer has any owned provinces touching it then you lose progress on those advances
As long as a province that can launch the attack is still touching then progress will be kept. This means if an attacked province no longer has any owned provinces touching it then you lose progress on those advances
Thank you for a helpful response... With the opposing guilds chain broken, Is there a way that the bordering (island) province will also flip to us when we take control of the breaking sector. Or does it still remain in their name but they will not gain points from it only after any lock down expires?

Emberguard

Thank you for a helpful response... With the opposing guilds chain broken, Is there a way that the bordering (island) province will also flip to us when we take control of the breaking sector. Or does it still remain in their name but they will not gain points from it only after any lock down expires?
Anything that's currently owned remains in the ownership of whoever owns it until someone conquers that specific province. It's only the advances that are still in the progress of capturing somewhere that can be effected by capturing certain positions.

Anything broken from the chain still gives it's power to the guild that owns it. It's irrelevant whether it's connected to other provinces except for the expanding of additional territory

DeletedUser38162

Anything that's currently owned remains in the ownership of whoever owns it until someone conquers that specific province. It's only the advances that are still in the progress of capturing somewhere that can be effected by capturing certain positions.

Anything broken from the chain still gives it's power to the guild that owns it. It's irrelevant whether it's connected to other provinces except for the expanding of additional territory
OK Thanks, I guess I was just reading too much strategy into it.

Robbenn

why is the feedback here being deleted? apparently "looking forward for your feedback" actually means we're looking forward to have you waste your time formulating an argument about a controversial subject, just to delete it when we feel like it . It's a controversial subject, obviously it's gonna generate a lot of discussions, from which you can gather up valuable feedback. If you don't feel like it brings anything valuable to the table, the obvious choice would be to ignore it, but deleting it after specifically asking for it it's just disrespectful towards the players in my opinion. I'm talking to the mod who deleted my post.

DeletedUser40858

Well, I obviously don't know why all 95% don't participate (saying they "never play it" is inaccurate), but I know that many of us have played GvG and don't do it now because we know that we don't like it. Incidentally, when Inno shared the 5% GvG participation rate, they also stated that 75% of players are on mobile. So even if you include only PC players, the GvG participation rate is only 20%.
So at least 75% no nothing about gvg so its impossible for the majority to give an. Accurate opinion on what parts of gvg would or would not be good attributes to add to gbg. It seems that gvg players actually will have the most accurate assessment of how it would work better.