• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser40996

Let me pare down my suggestion to the bare bones, as to avoid argumentative responses on the non-critical elements. My assumption is INNO intended GBG to be a free for all fight, for a clean slate each round, and not be GVG 2.0. With those assumption, what recommendation(s) do I have to achieve that goal and for it to be enjoyable.

Critical Element Goals:
  1. Free For all Fight
  2. Clean Slate each Round
  3. More accessible to all players
  4. Not be the same as GVG
Suggestions:
  1. Make GBG completely anonymous. No way to tell who the other guilds are. That way, no scheming. You only see the guild information after the round is over. Linked to critical element goal 1, 4.
  2. Keep a consistent schedule so we can easily make it routine. 14 day cycle, 10 days fighting, 4 days resting. Start and Stop at the same day/time every two weeks. Linked to critical element goal 2, 3.
  3. Reduce costs of buildings by 30%. Leave everything else as is. Linked to critical element goal 3.
It is 2 week cycles already 11 on 3 off

And I love the totally anonymous idea . GvG Guilds can't complain that the GbG fighting is messing up their alliances if they can't see who they're fighting .

As far as making it accessible to all players reducing how fast attrition accumulated based on what era your in would be better . Building cost only affects the guild as a whole it doesn't solve the problem of players in lesser era's don't have much staying power because attrition hits them much harder and much faster

Last edited by a moderator:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Think hardeR. Sit Quietly.
You are incorrect. Thanks for playing. I've only bought goods for FPs to plant out of age GBs.

However, whenever I donate to a GB, I spin RQs. One 'Spend X FPs', one UBQ on the way by. My level 30 CF gives me 18 goods each time it hits. I generate about 750 goods per day just from the RQs I complete collecting my city, dropping 650 FPs on GBs generates about 150 more. The new type-in feature makes generating goods easier than ever.:)

Now if Inno would kindly do something about the Abort Cycle ... :rolleyes:
Ahh, gotcha. You'll really love it once you get to 80+!

DeletedUser29726

And I love the totally anonymous idea . GvG Guilds can't complain that the GbG fighting is messing up their alliances if they can't see who they're fighting .

If it was cross-server maybe. But same server near the top, you'd know most of who you're fighting and be able to talk with your "allies" and figure out where you were each positioned.

I think alliances are just something that'll need to be tolerated and hope that it doesn't ruin the whole feature :)

DeletedUser30791

Let me pare down my suggestion to the bare bones, as to avoid argumentative responses on the non-critical elements. My assumption is INNO intended GBG to be a free for all fight, for a clean slate each round, and not be GVG 2.0. With those assumption, what recommendation(s) do I have to achieve that goal and for it to be enjoyable.

Critical Element Goals:
  1. Free For all Fight
Suggestions:
  1. Make GBG completely anonymous. No way to tell who the other guilds are. That way, no scheming. You only see the guild information after the round is over. Linked to critical element goal 1, 4.
  2. Keep a consistent schedule so we can easily make it routine. 14 day cycle, 10 days fighting, 4 days resting. Start and Stop at the same day/time every two weeks. Linked to critical element goal 2, 3.
  3. Reduce costs of buildings by 30%. Leave everything else as is. Linked to critical element goal 3.
Edit - removed comment about the exact duration as it already led to exactly what I was trying to avoid.
It is a consistent schedule. Every other Thursday. 11 days of battleground and then 3 days of rest.

DeletedUser30791

It is 2 week cycles already 11 on 3 off

As far as making it accessible to all players reducing how fast attrition accumulated based on what era your in would be better . Building cost only affects the guild as a whole it doesn't solve the problem of players in lesser era's don't have much staying power because attrition hits them much harder and much faster
It is not really about being in a lesser age. It is more about how long you've been in your age. How well you've built up your goods production and how well you've built up your attack bonuses.

lemur

Almost all of [your] questions were included in the announcement and a pretty big portion of it in the game itself.

Nope. Wrong. And if they were, you could have quoted the relevant passages for actual evidence of your claims. But you cannot, because such instructions from InnoGames do not exist.

#InnoGamesFlattery

Darth Mole

9. If a player leaves a guild before the end of a round, does he lose the bundle of Honor Selection fragments that he would have otherwise won as a reward?
I think so yes. We've had 2 leave during GbG and their scores are no longer on the leader board so I assume they'll get no spoils either

Harbinger963

Critical Element Goals:
  1. Free For all Fight
Suggestions:
Edit - removed comment about the exact duration as it already led to exactly what I was trying to avoid.

I really like the idea of keeping everyone anonymous. That’s a rockin’ suggestion!

DeletedUser

9. If a player leaves a guild before the end of a round, does he lose the bundle of Honor Selection fragments that he would have otherwise won as a reward?
I left a guild after GBG started, so I will not get the guild-wide reward, but the fragments that I earned before I left the guild are still mine. I don't know why this would even be a question. What other benefits of being in a guild do you keep after you leave? None.

DeletedUser30791

I left a guild after GBG started, so I will not get the guild-wide reward, but the fragments that I earned before I left the guild are still mine. I don't know why this would even be a question. What other benefits of being in a guild do you keep after you leave? None.
Do all members get the reward or just those who are eligible to do battlegrounds?

DeletedUser

Do all members get the reward or just those who are eligible to do battlegrounds?
I'm pretty sure that every member gets the reward. Members in GvG/GE guilds get the benefits of those features (higher guild level benefits) even if they don't participate. It would be inconsistent if this were different.

Emberguard

An extension of that question would be can you re-join the exact same guild before end of season and get back into GBG? Probably not. You have to wait until next season if joining a new guild to access GBG at all but then we've never had anything go long enough to rejoin the same guild during a competition to compare with

I'm pretty sure that every member gets the reward. Members in GvG/GE guilds get the benefits of those features (higher guild level benefits) even if they don't participate. It would be inconsistent if this were different.
Except the individual rewards for GE don't apply to members unless they actively participate. GvG doesn't have anything to compare with because the rewards don't belong to the user, it goes to the guild (crowns).

If it did for GBG (and that's a pretty big if) then it'd have to be only the guild they're currently in and not the guild they fought with at the start of the season to prevent double rewards (or make it the other way round).
1574483411284.png

DeletedUser

Except the individual rewards for GE don't apply to members unless they actively participate. GvG doesn't have anything to compare with because the rewards don't belong to the user, it goes to the guild (crowns).
That's why I put "higher guild benefits" in parentheses. The individual benefits from the higher guild level achieved through the guild being awarded Guild Power Points from GvG/GE whether they actually participate or not. I never said anything about the individual rewards from actually participating. :)

RazorbackPirate

I'm not spending diamonds either and have no intention of quitting.

I'm sure within the next few weeks, I'll get a feel for my daily GBG advancement capacity. Then I will fight negotiate that amount. Battlegrounds gives even less incentive to fly through the ages. Slow down, make goods, get strong. With the emphasis on previous age goods for GBG negotiations, stocking up before moving up seems more important than ever.

DeletedUser30791

All the goods I'm spendin' tryin' to negotiate I could be tradin' with me fellow guild mates or negotiatin' on the Guild Expedition. You can run out of goods very quickly in Guild Battlegrounds, unless yer a high-level player with crates of goods in storage. So I guess everyone should get used to spendin' diamonds. Not me. I'll quit before I go broke playin' a game.
Or you just figure out what you can do daily in GBG on a sustainable basis and then just stick to that, As your city production gets better, you can increase your GBG activity if you wish. Its on individuals if they choose to over do it in GBG. If guild leadership is pushing members to over do it, push back. If they don't relent, find a better run guild.

I am assuming you desire to do GBG. If you don't, its optional so just don't do it.

DeletedUser30791

I'm specifically referring to the Statue of Honor fragments rewarded at the end of a battleground. I'll find out soon enough as I've go a couple Iron Age cities where I can't participate.