• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Algona

high school team, college team, and professional team

That is an awful analogy.

NFL team on game day suits 46 players. College teams can have 85 scholarship players. Everybody plays to their capabilities, the college team is almost twice as many players. Who wins?

But it does underscore the third factor, quality of players.

----------

What you want is to be matched against Guilds only your size.

I'/m fine with that, but if you opt yo play scaled down competition, the prizes should be scaled down by the size of your Guild / 80.

If you refuse to face the toughest competition you don't deserve the best rewards.

DeletedUser33052

Currently, if one purchases an extra turn in negotiations, it applies only to GE. I propose that this purchase apply to both GE and the new GBG, and to any future negotiations which do NOT have the number of turns automatically managed (e.g. Daily Challenges).
, 4th. cost diamonds so negotiations in GbG became too cheao if Tavern boost apply...

Master Skills

Wow since you people have started GBG i have never seen before so many people quitting the game and leaving guilds that they have been a part of for many years. Maybe to much for them to fight or donate not sure but i my eyes instead of making GvG better you people went the wrong way and it has just started. Lets see how many more leave or quit there guild because of this genius idea. It seems just to get worse and worse with this game. Good luck =(

DeletedUser

Wow since you people have started GBG i have never seen before so many people quitting the game and leaving guilds that they have been a part of for many years. Maybe to much for them to fight or donate not sure but i my eyes instead of making GvG better you people went the wrong way and it has just started. Lets see how many more leave or quit there guild because of this genius idea. It seems just to get worse and worse with this game. Good luck =(
What, specifically, is wrong with GBG in your opinion? Your post here reads like a rant rather than feedback. Feedback is saying what exactly you like or dislike about a feature, not just saying "this is crap" or some such thing. Why exactly would be people be quitting the game because of an optional feature? And how would you know that "many people" are quitting the game anyway? Do they all message you? I grow tired of these kind of blanket statements being made by players. Give us the actual number of players who have personally told you (and then followed through with it) that they were leaving the game specifically because of GBG. And what did they say it was about GBG that made them so mad/discontented that they would quit a game that they had played for years? Answering all those questions would be the kind of thing that is actually feedback. But general, unsubstantiated statements like, "you people went the wrong way" are worse than useless. If you want it to be better, you have to say what it is that you don't like about it.

DeletedUser8428

That's silly. No one is forced to participate in GBG so if players are saying that's why they're leaving, sounds like simply a handy excuse.

RazorbackPirate

I see nothing wrong with lots of players leaving guilds of many years because of GBG. For mobile players, it didn't much matter if a guild was doing GvG or not. Many mobile players were happy with an active GE guild that traded fair.

With GBG, many mobile players now find themselves in the wrong guild. Maybe the guild is serious about GBG and they're not. Maybe they're serious about GBG and the guild isn't. I expect to see lots of guilds churn players as players choose new guilds more aligned with their goals. That's my plan.

The way they're built and with the number of advancements I can contribute each day, both of my cities should be in a guild that's playing in Platinum league. In one world, the gold guild I'm in is kicking ass and taking names and should easily be in Platinum in a few more rounds. In the other gold guild, it's like pulling teeth to get members to participate, even the leaders. I'm hoping they'll step up, but it doesn't appear they will.

I'd love to stay, help members improve, help the guild grow, and fight our way up to Platinum, but I don't see that level of commitment from enough members and seemingly no interest in that from leadership. If that's the case, the best way to change my guild, will be to change my guild.

As far as those leaving the game entirely, we hear those threats every time there's a major change. How many actually leave, I can't tell you. What I can tell you is that it doesn't phase Inno, because both the number of FoE players, and more importantly Inno revenues continue to grow. Also curious how many long term guild members might tell the old guild they're leaving the game, instead of telling them they're leaving for another guild. You never know, you know?

DeletedUser29726

That's silly. No one is forced to participate in GBG so if players are saying that's why they're leaving, sounds like simply a handy excuse.

Well I mean for me, GBG is kinda a last hope for the game. It's why i returned, and if I quit, it'll be why I left for good. Yes that really means a problem I have with the rest of the game, namely little incentive to keep trying to make my city stronger. GBG can certainly be that incentive and I am enjoying it so far, but if it's not fun still months from now, that will probably be why I leave the next time :)

In terms of people leaving guild which was the other half of the complaint you were replying to, that I totally get. It's a competitive feature, and if they feel they can't compete as well as they'd like where they're at, they may go elsewhere. That's not really a problem with the feature - but if you've got a very laid back guild I can understand the frustration losing some of your few truly active players.

DeletedUser30312

Appreciate the warm welcome and feedback on my comments that I mostly agree with, but want to continue on last bullet. My point is/was about not needing to have a fully decked out town with high level GB's to play GBG. Rewards are lacking and the cost of playing is high for new/average player that is not flush with thousands of resources. If you are new player or even partially seasoned - those goods or troops are not quick/easy to acquire. When you lose them to only see a blank reward with success - it's frustrating and doesn't encourage participation (Examples: Feudal Market - reward at end of Negotiation, GE - reward at end of each Negotiation and even a turn boost if you want, event "Spin wheel game" get reward, but GBG is RNG based and poorly setup for rewards).

Yes - people should pace themselves accordingly and I did for the second half of the period, but if Inno want's maximum participation then it has to find a middle ground in some fashion. (Attrition helps, but rewards don't) My comments represent someone partially new to the game with some decent leveling and I found GBG more "High level of player only" with deep pockets of resources and cash for diamonds (Pushing less leveled folks to not participating in GBG). I even tested a few small era/city on other worlds and experience was about the same. I think it's a great idea, but needs some improvements or interest is going to disappear for most casually playing or new to the game. Can't stress it any better than "I get more value (Rewards) for my time, goods, resources, troops during each event than single instance of GBG" and that is a problem for ROI as well continued playing of GBG by folks.

I agree with this somewhat, because I think it's one of the main problems with GvG -- in order to really do anything in GvG a player needs to have a good set of combat buildings, minimum Zeus/CoA/CdM for the boosts and Traz for the units, and the TA and AO helps quite a bit. Then the barracks to actually produce units, and those require a good amount of population. It takes a while for an inexperienced player to get all of that in place while managing to build a sustainable city. And some GvG guilds can be snotty about requirements, and don't bother with inexperienced players, who then don't learn how to play GvG. Making GBG more accessible to novice players rather than them burning out after 5-10 advancements might help to make guilds more open to newer players and will help the newer players learn how to play the feature.

Actually you were up against two of our guilds. Postmen Prestonia is an MSG Family Guild -- and Nephilim is one of our affiliates. Fun!

Didn't know Nephilim was in with you too. Well they sniped a bit at our borders but we were too busy punching the #1 guild in the nose. ;)

DeletedUser40996

I think it's one of the main problems with GvG -- in order to really do anything in GvG a player needs to have a good set of combat buildings, minimum Zeus/CoA/CdM for the boosts and Traz for the units, and the TA and AO helps quite a bit. Then the barracks to actually produce units, and those require a good amount of population. It takes a while for an inexperienced player to get all of that in place while managing to build a sustainable city.
Yep. It's like whatever goods /units I can get from GE go towards GbG and it makes it even more difficult to build up a surplus of anything

Making GBG more accessible to novice players rather than them burning out after 5-10 advancements might help to make guilds more open to newer players and will help the newer players learn how to play the feature.

Exactly . Those of us that don't play on Beta server are just learning the feature and it's a double whammy for players like me that for whatever reason only play on mobile devices

DeletedUser42367

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but when I searched for MMR, it said that it was too short a phrase. My question: "Is there anywhere we can see what our current MMR score is?"

DeletedUser37581

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but when I searched for MMR, it said that it was too short a phrase. My question: "Is there anywhere we can see what our current MMR score is?"
No, but it can be calculated.

First, determine how much of your guild's prestige comes from Battlegrounds. That's your total prestige minus the prestige from guild level minus the prestige from GvG.

Second, divide the Battlegrounds prestige by 18. That's your MMR.

DeletedUser42367

No, but it can be calculated.

First, determine how much of your guild's prestige comes from Battlegrounds. That's your total prestige minus the prestige from guild level minus the prestige from GvG.

Second, divide the Battlegrounds prestige by 18. That's your MMR.
Thanks. I can see the guilds total prestige on the guild rankings, and I can see the prestige from level on the guild level page. So where can I find the prestige from GvG?

Also: Inno, can you add MMR somewhere in the guild profile? I was told there would be no math.

DeletedUser29726

Thanks. I can see the guilds total prestige on the guild rankings, and I can see the prestige from level on the guild level page. So where can I find the prestige from GvG?

Also: Inno, can you add MMR somewhere in the guild profile? I was told there would be no math.

You have to go to every GvG map and take the number from the map rankings for your guild and total them up. If you haven't been removed in the last 24 hrs you can reduce this to only looking at maps where your overview map shows green sectors.

DeletedUser42367

You have to go to every GvG map and take the number from the map rankings for your guild and total them up. If you haven't been removed in the last 24 hrs you can reduce this to only looking at maps where your overview map shows green sectors.
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. But good grief, that's a silly amount of work just to find out an MMR. I hope INNO just adds it to Guild Profiles.

DeletedUser29726

Why? What difference does knowing the exact MMR make? Please describe a use case where this is necessary.

Planning whether you need a particular placing to promote this week vs having to wait til next vs it simply not being attainable this week for you. i.e. one of my worlds where I'm in a tiny inactive guild I'd ideally like 5th this week to get a potentially easier group next without being out of range of league promotion still. Another of my worlds with a much more active group is in a position where we need 3rd to promote and probably aren't in a rush to promote twice til some more points make their way into the system.

RazorbackPirate

Planning whether you need a particular placing to promote this week vs having to wait til next vs it simply not being attainable this week for you. i.e. one of my worlds where I'm in a tiny inactive guild I'd ideally like 5th this week to get a potentially easier group next without being out of range of league promotion still. Another of my worlds with a much more active group is in a position where we need 3rd to promote and probably aren't in a rush to promote twice til some more points make their way into the system.
Then I'm not in favor of MMR being something shown. You want to work that hard to game the system, then it should be hard work to game the system. Math away.

DeletedUser37581

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. But good grief, that's a silly amount of work just to find out an MMR. I hope INNO just adds it to Guild Profiles.
Fortunately, after you have gone to the trouble to calculate your MMR the hard way, you can just adjust it at the end of the season based on where your guild placed on the battlefield. The following table shows how MMR adjusts - it depends on what place you achieve and how many guilds are on the battlefield.
Place8 Guilds7 Guilds6 Guilds5 Guilds
1st+175+150+125+100
2nd+125+100+75+50
3rd+75+50+250
4th+250-25-50
5th-25-50-75-100
6th-75-100-125-
7th-125-150--
8th-175---

In addition, if a guild has been elevated to a higher battlefield (such as a gold league guild participating in a platinum league battlefield), then any losses are cut in half, and any gains are boosted by 50%. So an elevated guild that finishes 2nd in a 5 guild battlefield would receive +75 to MMR instead of +50.

Super Catanian

My suggestion is that Attrition should go down by 1 every hour so that people who play early or late can still contribute through the day
No thanks. I made my limit at 46, and this would make it easier than intended. That's what the Watchtower and the Siege Camp are for.