• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

RazorbackPirate

Guild Battlegrounds is the worst addition to the game in my almost 4 years of playing. It is demoralizing, a resource drain, and a time suck for RL. This is especially true when you are like so many people posting here one of few highly active guild members.

GBG is one more way for the cards to be stacked in favor of the most powerful guilds and in particular for people who have hours and hours of time at their disposal.

It's enough to make me consider quitting FoE. GBG is really a horrible addition to the game.
Sounds like you need to change guilds and find one with the same level of commitment to GBG you have. If you're a platinum player stuck in a copper guild, find a platinum guild. If you're a copper player in a platinum guild and can't meet expectations, find a copper guild. Leagues are there for a reason.

If you're a halfway decent player with a halfway decent city, resources are easy to come by.

GBG is also entirely optional, even in a guild that's active in GBG, there is no downside to the guild to have members not active on the map. If it's that horrible, don't do it.

DeletedUser37581

GBG is really a horrible addition to the game.
It may be horrible for you, but it clearly is not horrible for the game.

Using statistics from the Beta server where Battlegrounds is about to finish up its seventh season (and therefore, guilds and players have had plenty of time to determine if Battlegrounds is something they want to participate in):

Guilds that participate in GvG: 155
Total membership of those guilds: 3428
(But for most guilds, members who participate in GvG is well under half of the total membership)

Guilds that participate in GBG: 751
Total membership of those guilds: 8060
(And for most guilds, members who participate in GBG is well over half of the total membership)

*For the purpose of these stats, a guild is considered to be participating in GvG if it holds at least one sector. A guild is considered to be participating in GBG if is gains any prestige from GBG (MMR > 0).

Algona

It is demoralizing, a resource drain, and a time suck for RL

Agreed with the second two. Mrs. 'Gona was gone today, I woke up about 7 AM. by 8 AM i;d gotten sucked into a GBG battle. 9 hours later I'm attrited. On MK, my Guild is darned good, but twice no we;ve been put against the top Guilds in the world. We got kicked around pretty badly the firs three days, today we struck back. By the time we were done we had over more then half the world. Of course, it;s all being taken back, but damn, it was hella fun.

As recommended, either don't do GBG or redesign your city and join a GBG active Guild. Why quit? Just ignore it...

Gotta go, as our empire crunbles I'm tearing down all those Sierge Towers we built earlier today.

DeletedUser37581

One solid way to get those goods from that previous era is to build and level a Star Gazer.
It's not nothing, but at a high level Star Gazer produces 147 previous age goods total per day. To reach 100 attrition through negotiation requires over 1000 of each previous age good per day. Depending on one's age, it might be better to use the FPs to purchase the goods from sellers.

Darth Mole

It's not nothing, but at a high level Star Gazer produces 147 previous age goods total per day. To reach 100 attrition through negotiation requires over 1000 of each previous age good per day. Depending on one's age, it might be better to use the FPs to purchase the goods from sellers.
Agreed - the Star Gazer, whilst good, barely makes a dent in the goods needs of GbG

Kranyar the Mysterious

Agreed - the Star Gazer, whilst good, barely makes a dent in the goods needs of GbG
Yes, while the concept of getting prior age goods from a great building is great, the Stargazer falls far short of the mark when it comes to production vs. fp spent to level it.

In my opinion you are better off putting the fp into leveling your Chateau way up, then doing a few recurring quests to gain several hundred current age goods, then trade down for the goods you need. Doing the Chateau instead will also gain you fp packs and medals (if you need them), plus you can more easily get the specific goods you need in the quantity you want instead of dealing with random goods. Plus you save some space in your city for something else.

I've been trading down at at 1:1 to 0.7 for the prior age goods I need. I came to the realization that prior age goods are way to hard to trade for now, and that since they spend the same in GBG, I might as well trade them down cheaper so that I can get my trades taken easier. With a reasonably high Chateau (almost 90) it doesn't take long to do some UBQ's to get enough goods to trade down without cutting into my supply inventory.

Volodya

I'm not having as much luck finding previous era goods. I'm almost at the point of offering current age goods at 1:1 and still not able to get previous era goods in any quantity.
Don't you have previous-era event buildings you can build? So far, that's been enough to keep me above water.

DeletedUser44208

This has more than likely already been brought up, but there needs to be an additional feature added to GBG;

The ability to check the guild member who captures each sector.

As it stands, anyone within the guild can capture a sector (no leadership/GBG privileges required) with no regard to the guild's strategy and can very easily undermine the rest of 70+ members progress with pure negligence. The only way to find out who captures the sector currently is to screenshot all of the member actives before the capture occurs, which is just plain absurd. In a team based, and alliance prone feature, GBG's battle log needs the small tweak of adding the person's name next to the recently acquired sector, just as it is in GvG.

Algona

Maundering here. When GBG was first announced I wondered why INNO was putting in the effort. The official Announcement says why, an interactive struggle between Guilds in which all players could participate.

Sure, sounds nice and all, but what's the big deal?

Pffft. So I'm a moron. Still.

The number of players in all three of my Guilds who have shown excitement and enthusiasm and commitment to GBG surprised, shocked, impressed me. Folk who have been good Guildies have stepped up their game in ways that I never expected.

The only comparison in my experience is the rollout of GE. Dunno if y'all remember or were here for it, but GE was not universally greeted with enthusiasm and it took a long time for folk to understand and embrace it.

GBG is different in that a lot of folk have come out of the woodwork excited and GBGing hard.

Have you noticed that the most frequent negative comment about GBG is that it is too good? That it takes too much time or effort or expense?

Maybe this level of participation and excitement won't continue but maybe it will.

GBG has been very good for my Guilds and I believe for the game as a whole.

As for all the players not doing GBG whether because they don't get it individually or their Guilds are not the type to do GBG, well, I hope you get the opportunity to find out just how fun GBG is.

Job well done, INNO. Thanks for a great way to end 2019 and hoping 2020 is good for all of you.

DeletedUser16406

To the players that dont want the game to be organized by leaders. Guilds will form that understand structure in a battle situation and stick to what the leaders say and no guilds will be able to compete with them. No matter how hard they try to make it, it will be done. The fact that it will be harder to do will only weed out more of the competition and the disciplined guilds will rule gbg no matter how you stack it against them.

Yes there is reason to delete a siege. Once one is accidentally or intentionally placed in the wrong place, it is a constant confusion for many members

I am seeing so many people bent on players not calling putting a flag on a province and attacking it a siege because they call it a siege in gvg. The mods wont control what we call it. Nothing better suits it than siege. Get used to it.
Up until BG was introduced, teamplay organized by the guild leadership using guild guildlines for fair play among the guild members, benefiting the individual and helped the guild to progress and prosper. If individuals do not like guild rules, they are free to join another guild Now under BG individuals can thwart leadership as there is no method of ID of a member who attacks an ally or lays a seige on a sector that does not benefit guild play. In other words there is no method for guild leadership to ID a player who may not understand BG play or does not care, but whose play is only to benefit oneself. This action seems to me to be contrary to what I have come to believe that FOE is a game fostering teamplay for the benefit of all.

Algona

In other words there is no method for guild leadership to ID a player who may not understand BG play or does not care, but whose play is only to benefit oneself.

You've played five years and you can't identify those players within days of them joining your Guild?

You;re right, you do need help.

time4coffee

This has probably been said but the prize level between first place and last place (I'm in silver league if that makes a difference) When the #1 league gets 163K crowns and the bottom gets 117K, there really isn't much incentive for so guilds to even try. I'm playing with guilds where that amount can jump you to the next level, so even if you lose, you still win just by participating.
I know this was all haggled out in beta but it seems to happen in every GBG, one or two really get involved, maybe a third but the rest just sit back and rest.
I just wish there was more of a difference between top and bottom so more guilds would actually make an attempt. Maybe this is just at the lower levels but it still feels frustrating. Especially when your guild is working hard( at least those who participate)

time4coffee

The big difference is between leagues. For gold, your guild will get from 195,300 power (8th) to 273,000 power (1st). That's way more than what a guild gets in Silver league.

I assumed that as you move up, the rewards get better but there still doesn't seem to be a big enough difference, at least to me For a lower level guild, 100k can jump you to the level level. Maybe make it so a guild who does absolutely nothing, gets nothing. I don't mean wins nothing but actually doesn't negotiate or fight at all, just doesn't get any rewards. I've been in GBG where 5 teams got level 5 rewards just for being there. It feels like participation awards in soccer

I'd say the number of players in a guild can make a difference too but I've seen a one man guild take over half the map and 30 member guilds do nothing, although larger guilds do have a built in advantage even if they don't use it.