• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Taeshire

Then your complaints about it being a farming machine seems a bit misplaced, or they support my proposition. Which is it?

Neither,

GBG IS a farming machine, there's absolutely no doubt about that.

GBG is NOT the reason I have high level GB's.

Nothing I said in the precious post dismissed or discounted either of those statements...... you were just a bit too keen to get your GOTCHA there.

boeffie

Seeing as how all worlds seem to concur that the MatchMaking in leagues has been completely changed since early this year, and the only consistent result is that guilds get matched up depending on their ID number, but INNO has denied that to be part of their set up, does this mean it came from outside?

I mean, I am just a numpty, but if it isn't Inno who set it up, how did we arrive at this?
Months of keeping 4 same guilds, and the other 4 getting exchanged every other round, dropping in and out of 1000LP, after 2 seasons already it was strange, so now 3-4 months, and nothing to do with INNO, that is very worrisome

Do we need to make a list for every world, for this to be taken seriously?

iPenguinPat

Do we need to make a list for every world, for this to be taken seriously?

The Facebook Q&A today made it clear that the devs are now aware of the issue. Go watch the replay on the official Forge of Empires Facebook.

We also have confirmation that the Forge of Empires product owner is aware of the situation now. I don't know if we keep stirring or just wait and see. I'm inclined to wait and see what happens next round.

Regardless, please do not post links to the video covering it here. The support is much appreciated, but It's against the rules. Be respectful, please. :)

Taeshire

I got the distinct impression that the GBG question was not a surprise to them, Kurt and Jess actually came across very well in the Q&A, good on them!

Saggas

Just read through this entire thread. Amazing!

My thoughts:

I'm a member of #1 Guilds on two different servers. The Guilds approach GBG differently with different goals. Both approached work.
If you believe GBG should be called G Farming G. Play it that way or find a Guild that plays it the way you want.
If you believe GBG is an accurate title: see above.
If you believe GBG should, or should not, rely on alliances: see above.
The individual and Guild rewards for playing aren't bad at all.
If you believe GBG is a waste of time, don't participate.
Unless INNO fixes their, now four month long, matching screw-up GBG will slowly die. I believe its already happening. It is both frustrating and boring to face the same guilds over and over and over.
Personally, it wouldn't bother me if GBG went the way of the dodo bird. The burnout rate for GBG leaders is high, I see good, long term players leaving the game because of GBG problems.
BUT, GBG has been a $ maker for INNO. They really should fix it before they kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

YMMV

The Lady Redneck

Half way through last season I got to the point where I said I cannot do this GBG rubbish any more. So except for a few half hearted Zero Atrit fights I stopped. This season I have got to 1000 fights and am feeling the same. Now quite frankly I do not give a hoot about INNO and its self induced problems any longer. What I do care about is the great guild I am in and the people who play in it and who work together to have fun and keep it a top guild. Some of us have known each other for years. And I feel I am letting them down by not doing my best. That is what I find so frustrating.

I know there is no point in getting angry about this. But someone at INNO really has lost the plot (or never had it in the first place). They have no concept of what this kind type of gaming is about. This is not just one more mindless, anonymous phone game. They cannot conceive of the fact that this game has been going for so long that people have developed real in game friendships and loyalties. It is no longer just one more game it is a genuine hobby for a huge number of their members.

I agree with Saggas (especially on the burnout rate of GBG leaders). But I would prefer it if it was to go now. They are launching the new PvP Arena on the live servers. Why not put GBG type rewards on that and simply ditch GBG until they can come up with a proper workable alternative that is a true battleground experience.

Tony 85 the Generous

If you believe GBG should, or should not, rely on alliances: see above.
I have been questioning the impact GBG has had on the social aspects of the game overall. How much good social interaction has come from GBG versus how much guild vs guild animosity has it generated, and also consider the scale of the good versus the anomosity.

Saggas

GvG and GBG alliances come and they go.
GvG alliances usually last for months or for years.
GBG alliances tend to change from session to session (unless GvG alliances are factored in).

Saggas

"GBG alliances tend to change from session to session (unless GvG alliances are factored in)."

Well, they did until INNO screwed up the GBG matchings.

sigggi

I suggest adding visual effect at GBG. When hoovering with f.e. mouse over the tiles it would be good to get up small info note with the name of the tile. One has to open them up to see the name wich is inconvenient when you are looking for a tile and following guilds lines. That way it is quick to find the tile. The tiles highlight when one hoover over them so the same way small info box should not be difficult to add.
Maybe wrong forum, but it is kind of hard to get ideas to those in charge, wish I could send a email :)

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

@ sigggi .... It is not a proposal it is just your thoughts written down. You need to contact the Moderator called Agent327 and ask him for the proper format for submitting a proposal.

Last edited:

sigggi

Ok what do you think of that idea? The burocratic way of putting proposal is complicated and I have 2 other ideas I would like to put forward but to complicated to make this formulation. I did ask the agent. That is why I said I would like to send email to somone that consider ideas for the game.

Ebeondi Asi

The fact is the idea of hovering and information pop up is in all main cities.Do you enjoy every single building popup telling you what you already know? and then the fact is you can never just look at the item becaus it will always and forever have the blob pop up if you have the cursor over it.