• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser24756

I am excited to see new feature for the GVG But I'd like to add that old GVG Maps with the All Ages Map is what made me drop all other games and become a Diamond player... I am sure your game website need us as well to grow and make you always bring new stuff to the game so I suggest with releasing this new feature to do a reset once a year for the same maps of GVG one at a time starting from Iron age till all ages so for those of us who enjoy the old GVG Maps get to do the same of what we love over and over again :)

Thank you for consideration

AncientArthil

The reason I signed onto your game two years ago was that I was absolutely burned out on guilds of any kind, plus the invariable focus in most games on senseless violence. Remember, our kids are learning ways to relate to the world, and an aggressive, anti-social attitude is not one of them. It is no accident that school shooters all have been heavily involved in combat-intensive games (not the cause, but no help either). Back in the Ultima days, I was head of the largest guild on the largest U.S. shard; I ended up worrying more about other people's experience and issues than my own, so I gave away a castle, et.al., and quit. I only came back reluctantly when I saw the more cooperative aspects of your game (my age, 75, plus my military career have something to do with that, I am sure). Anyway, I think your emphasis should entirely focus elsewhere: (1) ways to acquire land extensions more easily (benefits you as well as us). (2) Ways to trade useless stuff left over from earlier eras as we progress (2) Imaginative ways to trade/sell supplies: I have 130 million supplies which have absolutely no value to me, along with over a hundred Shrines and hundreds of buildings of various (useless) types. Goods trading is wonderful; why not allow other types of trading. (3) The ratio of diamonds to forge points is 50:1. The smallest meaningful of fps is 10, which costs $5.00 in diamonds if purchased. That is totally backwards and actually retards the game experience for those of us on limited income. That is why Walmart has more sales than Neimans--same quality goods at cheaper prices. That is how to bring new people in. Your art work is fantastic, you just need to start taking our feedback more seriously now in your consideration for the future. As for myself, I will never go beyond Progressive age simply because I cannot afford the higher costs and rebuilds, esp. since I am already spending $300 a month on a game that I naively thought was "free" before I got hooked! Sometimes we elders still have good ideas, just saying...…………….

Raymora

Also, it seems pointless to bring up changes you want for GvG here. This is a discussion of something completely new and it was stated that they do not intend to change GvG.

One thing I will add since it would affect both is adding the ability to make market trades from goods in treasury. This would allow building up of lower age goods using the goods above FE that have no practical use in the current GvG.

DeletedUser40346

Folks, seriously, go back and reread the Announcement.

"Besides that, and over the next few months, we will, however, spend additional time to improve the technical stability of GvG, because the efforts we put into analysis the whole topic made some good improvements visible, that we would like to implement for you."

You all owe a responsibility to your Guild to correctly understand what is proposed and if you don't understand to ask or figure it out before spreading stupid rumors that may harm your Guild.

Perfect case in point.

Some person talking out their ass told that Guild that GvG would be discontinued and as a result they have angry players threatening to quit the game over nothing.

Worse, because they didn't read the Announcement and are posting in this thread that GvG is being shut down they've got other folk who didn't read the Announcement thinking the the same thing and a bunch of people who don't read are all gonna be in a kerfluffle over stuff that isn't true.

Don't let this sort of thing happen to you and your Guild. Your Guildies are valuable assets, it's yout job as Guild Leadership to get them the right information, so your Guild can plan for this. You owe it to your Guild.

If you don't understand some aspect of this ask instead of screwing up your Guild. Give this Announcement time o sink in, and reread, and think about.

There will still be plenty of time to throw your soiled underwear at INNO in a day or two.
You made many assumptions that were incorrect. I am in Teamspeak right now with my fighters. We read it together, and discussed it, and mentioned the parts to each other you just listed, but we felt that is was not clear enough. I gave my opinion of the "ifs" in the forum, and asked questions. You made assumptions about what must have happened in my guild. You were incorrect.

DeletedUser9681

I do not understand your new strategy, but I do understand GvG. The most frustrating thing about it, and the reason I no longer play it, is that once a guild holds first place, it is nearly impossible to overthrow them. The extra boost they are given, holds them in place. In some worlds, we have ganged up on them, a lot of guilds against one, but lets face it, the largest guilds own GvG and it is no fun for the rest of us. A new guild just starting, has very little chance in GvG and why waste the troops and resources. You can be #5 one day and #26 the next day. It is not fun anymore. And if you are lucky enough to hold some sectors, there are guilds that are happy just destroying what you have, they don't want it themselves, lol, but they also don't want you to have it, and that is costly and silly to maintain. There are way too many problems with GvG.

Oh, and the lag at calc is another long story!!!

DeletedUser16547

For players like me, GvG is the best part of FoE because it combines planning, coordination and organized action--leadership and teamwork. And the pace is often exhilarating. The shared effort and excitement generate unmatched camaraderie. GE by contrast is a tedious, soul-sucking, solitary bore--same old battles/encounters week after week, all the action performed individually. The same could be said of the unceasing parade of Events and Historicals, Settlements and now, perhaps, Battlegrounds.

Yes, GvG needs improvements: raise the costs of holding large numbers of sectors so that 2 or 3 guilds cannot dominate entire maps; reduce drastically or eliminate(!) the contributions of high-level Arcs to Guild Treasuries; consider staggering recalc times for different Ages so that most of a day's action does take place between 8:00 and 8:10 Eastern; etc.

It seems that the direction of FoE's development in the past 4 years has been to pile on feature after feature, add more and more bells and whistles to divert players' attention and effort away from gvg, the engine of FoE's early success. Time to return emphasis to what makes FoE so special.

Algona

You were incorrect.

then you failed your Guildies even worse. You had the perfect opportunity to keep things in perspective and instead you let a mob mentality take over believing GvG is being shut down, when the very words were there for you to read.

You could have easily prevented all the anger. Instead your Guildies are aggravated and threatening to quit over nothing. That's your failure. Not mine, not INNO's.

DeletedUser40346

For players like me, GvG is the best part of FoE because it combines planning, coordination and organized action--leadership and teamwork. And the pace is often exhilarating. The shared effort and excitement generate unmatched camaraderie. GE by contrast is a tedious, soul-sucking, solitary bore--same old battles/encounters week after week, all the action performed individually. The same could be said of the unceasing parade of Events and Historicals, Settlements and now, perhaps, Battlegrounds.

Yes, GvG needs improvements: raise the costs of holding large numbers of sectors so that 2 or 3 guilds cannot dominate entire maps; reduce drastically or eliminate(!) the contributions of high-level Arcs to Guild Treasuries; consider staggering recalc times for different Ages so that most of a day's action does take place between 8:00 and 8:10 Eastern; etc.

It seems that the direction of FoE's development in the past 4 years has been to pile on feature after feature, add more and more bells and whistles to divert players' attention and effort away from gvg, the engine of FoE's early success. Time to return emphasis to what makes FoE so special.
You could not have said that better! I wish I had a "love" button.

DeletedUser40346

then you failed your Guildies even worse. You had the perfect opportunity to keep things in perspective and instead you let a mob mentality take over believing GvG is being shut down, when the very words were there for you to read.

You could have easily prevented all the anger. Instead your Guildies are aggravated and threatening to quit over nothing. That's your failure. Not mine, not INNO's.
Your comments to me are unrealistic and a little far reaching as you have no clue how the conversation actually went over here. lol Silly. Why so bent on me? I haven't said anything more than many others here have.

DeletedUser33926

You could not have said that better! I wish I had a "love" button.
I concur fully

I concur fully :)

DeletedUser11323

Talking of competing with GvG, this battleground is said to be using goods from guild treasury. Guild members currently contribute to GvG in many ways. On top of those who fight, there are farmers who help the treasury and map watchers. How will this affect the guild treasury for guilds who decide to try the new battleground and keep doing GvG?

I have any number of questions on this, but these stand out for me.

Agree on this comment. Currently GE and GvG eats a lot of resources and Guild treasury. It's not a big problem for high age players, since they usually have Arc (and high level Arc), which produces lot's of resources. However, low age players usually don't have Arc GB (not even mentioning here high level Arc..), and the guild usually is scarce on low age goods.
Guild Battlegrounds will demand even more goods. So something should be done to compansate the need for more goods. Maybe some low age GBs could produce more goods for guild treasury...

Algona

Your comments to me are unrealistic and a little far reaching as you have no clue how the conversation actually went over here. lol Silly. Why so bent on me? I haven't said anything more than many others here have.

Why your post? Because it is the perfect example of jumping to erroneous conclusions despite the information being there necause you dodn;t read and understand the full Announcement. If you and your team had read the Announcement fully instead of making an easily avoidable mistake, I wouldn't have singled you oput.

Your defense for not fulfilling your oblogations is that others are making the same mistake?

It's your job as Guild Leadership to assure your Guildies have the right information.

Instead you're here arguing with me. i suppose that's easier then putting out the fire you let start. Carry on with that and let me know in the end if the unneeded anger your Guildies feel is worth it.

RazorbackPirate

I'm excited by this announcement. It's about time a GvG environment comes to mobile. I'm also loving that it will not be a port of the current, broken system, but a reinvention of the entire idea to designed to attract all players across the guild and across the ages.

10 day random match ups. Love it. One of the long standing complaints about the current system are the maps that lock up and stay locked up with little change, week to week, month to month. With new guilds meeting for new fights over new territories every 10 days, sounds like a lot of fun. Much better than the GE random match ups across worlds. Much less opportunity to interact throughout the week. I like the idea of maybe being matched up against a friend talking smack as we battle it out on the map, then 10 days later, someone gets to gloat ... until the next time. It also breaks up the whole 'long time enemy / long time ally' paradigm. About time.

No defense. Wow. A game of constant advancement. No rest for the weary, no comfort for the weak. Now that's a war.

New Leagues - I like that Leagues will determine match-ups. This should help with another long standing complaint of newer guilds not being able to gain a foothold against established guilds in GvG. Now instead of going head to head against dominant guilds, each guild will compete with guilds in the same league. Successful guilds move up in league, higher leagues facing tougher guilds, but still in your league. New guilds can now fight their way through Copper, into Silver, Gold, Platinum, then into Diamonds. No more welterweights having to fight heavyweights just to stay on the map, and no more heavyweights dominating the maps just because they're heavyweights. I like that guilds will be able to both move up in league rankings and get kicked down in league rankings. No more resting on laurels or, dare I say, point farming?

Fight or Negotiate to contribute advancements. Wow. Game changer for guild participation. With everyone always fighting current age troops or negotiating using current age goods and contributing to a common pool of guild advancement to advance in specific provinces, every guild member, in every age, will all now be working as one team to advance on one map toward one common goal. I like the sound of that. Well done. When negotiating, do the goods come from the player or the guild treasury? Will this help solve the 'above FE' guild goods conundrum? Are you trying to #MARA, 'Make Atomium Relevant Again?'

Based on the description, this is 24/10 participation, no defense, no release, no recalc. Advancement points awarded hourly. No clogged servers, no rush hour? If so, I like.

FP Loot. What? You want to pay me to help my guild advance whether I fight or negotiate? Did I say game changer for guild participation?

Attrition - Great idea. Like a treadmill on an ever increasing incline. Sooner or later, you have to tap out. The stronger you are, the longer you can hang in there, but sooner or later, you have to tap out. This reminds me of fighting my way further into GE each week as I added levels to those early Attack GBs. With GE, you can eventually get strong enough to fight until you run out of encounters. With attrition, you can keep getting stronger, keep fighting farther, but no matter how strong you get, you'll never be strong enough. Also a a great incentive to keep the guild leveling up those fight GBs.

Province Buildings - I want to hear more about them. What do they provide? Why do we want to build them? I also like that they can be stolen, or we can blow them up in retreat and they cost goods. Adds some complexity to the decision making process. You said they take guild goods to build, is this finally the use for goods from all ages? Please, pretty please?

Each member will get fragments for a completely new, upgradeable building that will provide Guild Power, Guild Treasury Goods and Forge Points. Like an Event building with unlimited upgrades, similar to a GB with unlimited levels? Sounds interesting. I'd like the fragments earned to upgrade tied in some way to advancement point contribution. Just like those who don't do settlements, don't earn settlement buildings, I don't want non-participants in Guild Battlegrounds to earn fragment for Battleground buildings. Please make it cool looking, something everyone wants to build and participate in GBG.

Thank you for giving us something completely new as you go to mobile and not just a port of the same mess everyone complains about. Kudos for being willing to #WalkAwayFromGvG.

I like that it upsets the status quo while running along side it. I like that it's built to get on board or be left behind. I like that once everyone else has gotten on board and the status quo has gotten upset, those who choose to be left behind, can be left behind. I'm looking forward to the upset in the apple cart. Who doesn't love cider?​

Last edited:

DeletedUser40346

Why your post? Because it is the perfect example of jumping to erroneous conclusions despite the information being there necause you dodn;t read and understand the full Announcement. If you and your team had read the Announcement fully instead of making an easily avoidable mistake, I wouldn't have singled you oput.

Your defense for not fulfilling your oblogations is that others are making the same mistake?

It's your job as Guild Leadership to assure your Guildies have the right information.

Instead you're here arguing with me. i suppose that's easier then putting out the fire you let start. Carry on with that and let me know in the end if the unneeded anger your Guildies feel is worth it.
Your incorrect imagination of what happened in my guild are not worth my time. C ya

DeletedUser37082

I have been playing FOE 9 months. I have not participated in GVG yet because it requires a large number of troops to be a viable player. In practice that means that higher level Alcatraz GB to generate troops daily. Leveling up an Alcatraz is months away on my to do list.
If the new feature requires high troop production for the fights, it will have a narrow user base due to troop production as a choke point. Goods negotiating might alleviate it to a degree, but if there is a lot of competition, then goods production will be a choke point as well.

Currently there is no method in the game to boost the output of goods buildings. There are boosts for coins, supplies, attack and defense etc. The Chateau boosts the outcome of quests. But a simple little goods building has no boost. The only way to generate lots of goods is with a high level GB that produces goods, or a high level Dynamic Tower popping them out on Aid clicks. If you are going to introduce a competetive arena that eats goods daily, you should add features that boost the output of goods buildings: boosts, other buildings that increase the goods building production, a GB that % increases goods building output.

If you want a larger player base participation in a competetive feature, you need to make it easier to produce the game resources required, or limit the amount of game resources the feature demands to be spent.

Algona

Your incorrect imagination of what happened in my guild are not worth my time. C ya

You stated what happened. No imagination on my part. But i don;t blame you for bailing on the conversation, you;ve got better things to take care of, like assuaging the anger you let your Guildies feel.

Hopefully ig you decide to comment further on Guild Bettlegrounds you'll have your facts right.

RazorbackPirate

Sorry, trying not to spam BUT as a long time GvG General in many worlds here's a simple solution:
Attack the problem that keeps GvG boring and hard to play:
First, no immediate drastic changes.
Second, try making GVG available MOBILE.
Third, Make ALL sectors landing zones
Fourth, Recal four times a day. Shields go away too!
THEN re evaluate GvG.
If anything, make the cost to hold a sector (Goods/Supply/Coin) increase over time. If you want to keep it, pay for it.
Since this is your 3rd time posting the exact same thing, no, you're not sorry to spam, you're simply just spamming. We read you the first time.

DeletedUser15539

GvG is the most enjoyable and challenging part of FOE for me. It is nearly the only part of the game that requires interaction and detailed cooperation with other players. ( No, I do not consider FP swaps and plundering to be detailed cooperations). If GvG were ended, I doubt I would find a reason to continue playing.

IngeJones

There's nothing wrong with the new feature. The problem I have is that the guild treasuries are being stuffed to almost data overflow with goods beyond FE and quests are still demanding that we donate AF, OF and VF goods. Can't we have a feature so that goods higher than FE can be used either in the AA map or as substitutes for lower era goods? Or the ability to trade guild treasury goods with a "merchant" for lower era goods?

Algona

There's nothing wrong with the new feature. The problem I have is that the guild treasuries are being stuffed to almost data overflow with goods beyond FE and quests are still demanding that we donate AF, OF and VF goods. Can't we have a feature so that goods higher than FE can be used either in the AA map or as substitutes for lower era goods? Or the ability to trade guild treasury goods with a "merchant" for lower era goods?

Oooh that sparked a possibly awful late night idea. What if any costs paid from Guild Treausry, like for province buildings, could be paid using Treasury Goods of whatever Era we select? Prolly needs a lot of work and may be abusable but would give a use for all those now useless AF+ Treasury Goods.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.