• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser27860

It would make more sense if it was cross world fights, with one world vs one it will be the same groups facing eachother every week.

DeletedUser29563

Disclaimer:
I'm going to respectfully ask the moderators to leave this post up for at least 24 hours. Also, I'm going to ask any players, mods, or devs that happen to read it, to please take the time to read it carefully. I apologize in advance if it's lengthy.

I'm going to lay out, as briefly as possible, why GvG is relevant to the development of BG. In a way, most other GvG players are too emotional to do with any rationale. Then, I'd like to give input, as to what we would like to see in this new feature.

First off, I understand that, and why, GvG will no longer be developed. And I accept it. So that being said, consider this. While the existing GvG format can no longer be maintained in an improvement driven manner. The concept should not die.
This is why....
GvG, has written the history of this game. It has given rise to some of the greatest GBs in the game. It has built superpower guilds, and super power players. It has forged the alpha fighters on most every world. It has generated a lot of revenue. The political, cultural, and diplomatic guild climate is a direct byproduct of this game feature.
The current GvG system is technically broken, but the concept is still great. We have a monumental opportunity to take that concept, and make it work once more.
There are a few intangible concepts that need to carry over to BG.
* Folks hate the 24 hour reset. Ok, I get it, so lets scrap it.. throw it out. Lets have newly acquired sectors shielded for 4 hours. This gives ample time to place DAs and plot the next move(s). Lets keep the ability to release and re shield sectors, but at a higher cost. Guilds may want to fight on one front at a time, this allows them to defend a front, and push another...if they're willing to pay for it.

* Folks hate the imbalance on the GvG maps. I'm hopeful that the league system will work well. Let's maybe have siege and defense costs scale up a bit with the leagues.

* Defense. Lets keep the ability to place DAs. But also give the option for a guild to "auto defend" a sector if they wish. Let's allow guilds to be involved, or uninvolved as they see fit. While not putting either at too much of a disadvantage. Also, the ability to actively defend a sector under siege, in real time, is a must. Without a 24 hour reset, this can and will happen at any time. I can see guilds having day, and night fighting crews to cover their sectors.

* Auto battle. I hear a lot of non GvG players complain about us using auto battle. So lets compromise. How about auto battle disables after the first 3 days. This gives guilds a little time to get on the map and get established. After day 3, when the action heats up and guilds really start to clash, we go manual only.

* Costs. Lets keep, or create a new siege costs system. Along with goods, maybe throw in coins and supplies as well.

* Sector power, or points ranking. I think we should have at least 3 sector value levels, be it points, guild power, or whatever. Sectors closer to the center of the map are worth the most, and scale down as they get closer to the edge. Also, with higher sector value, comes higher cost to take, and shield.

* Keep it within one world. This isn't the place for a history lesson for our young players (2 yrs or less). But from about 2014-2016 were INTENSE guild rivalries! There still are, but not like the old days. We need this again! This literally, grew this game, and made it what it is today.

* Strategy. GvG is very strategic. Guild wars are often won, or lost before the first battle takes place. The new feature needs depth. We want to plan, communicate, scout, spy, sabotage, and fight!

All of these basic GvG characteristics need to be in BG. Along with new features, to appeal to every guilds play style. I want this to be something everyone can enjoy, their own way. The current GvG community, and the merchants alike.
I want cut throat, hands own, strategic battle. Others want a more passive experience. Why can't we each have what we want. I want this to CONVERT me, along with my brothers & sisters at arms. Lets take the best parts of GvG, put it in BG, add in fresh new ideas, and make something friggin awesome.

The GvG concept is still great...it always was..and always will be. This new feature needs the GvG players...they have grown this game...and will continue to do so. That 5% are your pioneers, they are your alphas, and your most loyal customers....for damn near a decade now. Hear their voice.

"GvG is the feature that became a game, FOE was the game that became the feature"
--- Ardak Kumerin

DeletedUser

As I understand the concept: a player fights and takes a sector. A little while later another player comes along and takes that sector. This goes on back and forth for 10 days. Each time you fight and win it gets harder, so sooner or later you can no longer fight. Who ever has the sector at the end wins. If that is how it works then all the players will wait until the last day. There must be a flaw in this reasoning.

Emberguard

As I understand the concept: a player fights and takes a sector. A little while later another player comes along and takes that sector. This goes on back and forth for 10 days. Each time you fight and win it gets harder, so sooner or later you can no longer fight. Who ever has the sector at the end wins. If that is how it works then all the players will wait until the last day. There must be a flaw in this reasoning.
Pretty sure I read the attrition resets every 24 hrs

Also it would depend largely on the amount of sectors available and how many you can get before the attrition stops you as to how viable waiting until the last day would be.

DeletedUser33179

Disclaimer:
I'm going to respectfully ask the moderators to leave this post up for at least 24 hours. Also, I'm going to ask any players, mods, or devs that happen to read it, to please take the time to read it carefully. I apologize in advance if it's lengthy.

I'm going to lay out, as briefly as possible, why GvG is relevant to the development of BG. In a way, most other GvG players are too emotional to do with any rationale. Then, I'd like to give input, as to what we would like to see in this new feature.

First off, I understand that, and why, GvG will no longer be developed. And I accept it. So that being said, consider this. While the existing GvG format can no longer be maintained in an improvement driven manner. The concept should not die.
This is why....
GvG, has written the history of this game. It has given rise to some of the greatest GBs in the game. It has built superpower guilds, and super power players. It has forged the alpha fighters on most every world. It has generated a lot of revenue. The political, cultural, and diplomatic guild climate is a direct byproduct of this game feature.
The current GvG system is technically broken, but the concept is still great. We have a monumental opportunity to take that concept, and make it work once more.
There are a few intangible concepts that need to carry over to BG.
* Folks hate the 24 hour reset. Ok, I get it, so lets scrap it.. throw it out. Lets have newly acquired sectors shielded for 4 hours. This gives ample time to place DAs and plot the next move(s). Lets keep the ability to release and re shield sectors, but at a higher cost. Guilds may want to fight on one front at a time, this allows them to defend a front, and push another...if they're willing to pay for it.

* Folks hate the imbalance on the GvG maps. I'm hopeful that the league system will work well. Let's maybe have siege and defense costs scale up a bit with the leagues.

* Defense. Lets keep the ability to place DAs. But also give the option for a guild to "auto defend" a sector if they wish. Let's allow guilds to be involved, or uninvolved as they see fit. While not putting either at too much of a disadvantage. Also, the ability to actively defend a sector under siege, in real time, is a must. Without a 24 hour reset, this can and will happen at any time. I can see guilds having day, and night fighting crews to cover their sectors.

* Auto battle. I hear a lot of non GvG players complain about us using auto battle. So lets compromise. How about auto battle disables after the first 3 days. This gives guilds a little time to get on the map and get established. After day 3, when the action heats up and guilds really start to clash, we go manual only.

* Costs. Lets keep, or create a new siege costs system. Along with goods, maybe throw in coins and supplies as well.

* Sector power, or points ranking. I think we should have at least 3 sector value levels, be it points, guild power, or whatever. Sectors closer to the center of the map are worth the most, and scale down as they get closer to the edge. Also, with higher sector value, comes higher cost to take, and shield.

* Keep it within one world. This isn't the place for a history lesson for our young players (2 yrs or less). But from about 2014-2016 were INTENSE guild rivalries! There still are, but not like the old days. We need this again! This literally, grew this game, and made it what it is today.

* Strategy. GvG is very strategic. Guild wars are often won, or lost before the first battle takes place. The new feature needs depth. We want to plan, communicate, scout, spy, sabotage, and fight!

All of these basic GvG characteristics need to be in BG. Along with new features, to appeal to every guilds play style. I want this to be something everyone can enjoy, their own way. The current GvG community, and the merchants alike.
I want cut throat, hands own, strategic battle. Others want a more passive experience. Why can't we each have what we want. I want this to CONVERT me, along with my brothers & sisters at arms. Lets take the best parts of GvG, put it in BG, add in fresh new ideas, and make something friggin awesome.

The GvG concept is still great...it always was..and always will be. This new feature needs the GvG players...they have grown this game...and will continue to do so. That 5% are your pioneers, they are your alphas, and your most loyal customers....for damn near a decade now. Hear their voice.

"GvG is the feature that became a game, FOE was the game that became the feature"
--- Ardak Kumerin

**sigh**

An awful lot of "GvG players are far, far superior in every adpect to every other player", "we alone built this game", yadda, yadda, yadda.

**double sigh**

And an awful lot of recommending Inno simply expand GvG to mobile, make substantive changes to it to fix some current GvG issues, then label it GBG.

**triple sigh**

These viewpoints about GvG have been brought up over & over (& over again) in this thread.

Edit: could we please try to keep it focused on the new concept of GBG instead. Yep, lots of "sighs" from me, cuz this is becoming exceedingly tedious to deal with mainly this, with only tiny sprinkling of actual GBG feedback to be found in the thread's 30 pages

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33179

An actual GBG idea/suggestion...

Would having an opt-in option for GBG be of benefit? Have a check box somewhere for each player, which they must select prior to a round of GBG to be included in it (which would stay at whatever a person selected until she/he changes it). That way a guild will more accurately be paired with other guilds with regards to size. And, thus, guilds won't be penalized for not having all members wanting to participate in it.

DeletedUser29563

**sigh**

An awful lot of "GvG players are far, far superior in every adpect to every other player", "we alone built this game", yadda, yadda, yadda.

**double sigh**

And an awful lot of recommending Inno simply expand GvG to mobile, make substantive changes to it to fix some current GvG issues, then label it GBG.

**triple sigh**

These viewpoints about GvG have been brought up over & over (& over again) in this thread.

Edit: could we please try to keep it focused on the new concept of GBG instead. Yep, lots of "sighs" from me, cuz this is becoming exceedingly tedious to deal with mainly this, with only tiny sprinkling of actual GBG feedback to be found in the thread's 30 pages
Only the qualities that are favorable. These are just things I would personally like to see carry over from the existing system.. because they work pretty well. Take these....then add in fresh ideas to accommodate other playstyles.

The reason I keep making suggestions for the fighting aspect is because that's how I play...I like war. But I'm not suggesting that should be the sum of it. It's just difficult for me to make suggestions outside of my game.

I WANT this to be inclusive. I hate that GvG has been so exclusive for so many. I want this to be for everyone. It's just I can only speak for myself.. make sense?

DeletedUser29563

Would having an opt-in option for GBG be of benefit? Have a check box somewhere for each player, which they must select prior to a round of GBG to be included in it (which would stay at whatever a person selected until she/he changes it). That way a guild will more accurately be paired with other guilds with regards to size. And, thus, guilds won't be penalized for not having all members wanting to participate in it.
yes.. it would

DeletedUser29563

Another idea is to have flag sectors.

For example..lets say the battleground has 300 sectors(just an example). Out of those 300...there are 15 flag sectors(just throwing a number out there).

Now...flag sectors are worth double their original value...but that's not all. Depending on what flag is captured when taking the sector, the conquering guild is awarded "flag points". Flag points will accumulate just like any other points. Once per quarter(90days), we could have a flag event. The top 5 guilds in flag points will compete in the flag event.
The flag event would be short..maybe 48 hrs. And would reward guilds depending on how they place with Flag championship trophies... medals..and ribbons. To be displayed in their guild profile, next to the GE trophies.

DeletedUser29563

Another thought about sector identification. (Now I'm obviously not a game designer so if I'm getting carried away I apologize).

It'd be nice if a guild could render conquered, non NPC sectors one of three colors.
Red = enemy
Green = Alliance
Blue = neutral

Obviously it would only show on said guild's map rendering. It would help guild members quickly ID sector affiliations. All NPC sectors would be just that, however they show up from the start.
Not a big deal, just a user tool.

RazorbackPirate

The guild takes the sector. The guild builds buildings on the sector obtained. Each day fights get harder until each day, fights get too hard to win. Then you can switch to negotiating. Points are awarded hourly to the guild based on the guild's performance. The guild with the most sectors on the final day, will be the winner. Seems the flaw in your reasoning is not understanding the concept. Seems yuo missed the whole guild part.

Both of these have been dealt with in the concept so far.

Opt-in - Sort of. When GBG Kicks off, each guild will automatically be enrolled and placed on a map for battle. If there is no participation on the map from the guild, then GBG will be turned off for that guild. Any time an inactive guild wants to play GBG again, they can select to be added to the next round. Every guild active on the map is automatically be enrolled in the next round.

Leagues will deal with the rest. It doesn't matter how many players are in a guild, it doesn't matter how many players are active in a guild, the only thing that matters is performance on the maps. Winning guilds will move up in league to be paired with other guilds from the same league.

It doesn't matter if an 80 person guild with 5 active GBG players goes against a 6 person guild with 5 active GBG players. In short order, the leagues will sort out such that guilds with similar GBG participation numbers will be matched up against other like guilds, but strategy will also play a key role. I can see a guild with 6 skilled players regularly running over guilds with 12 marginal players.

Individual player enrollment isn't necessary. The guild has to sign up, then every player has access. Guilds that perform are rewarded and move up regardless of size or participating members. Guilds that don't perform will fail to move up, or may even move down a league. Guilds in higher leagues facing tougher opponents get more points and prestige for their guild.

DeletedUser

As @RazorbackPirate points out, Victory Points (as the concept stands now) are awarded every hour. I guess technically that would mean 24 mini-recalcs a day, but what guild is going to make a GvG-recalc-like push every 60 minutes? And the GvG concept of DA armies hasn't worked very well over there, so why port it to the new feature? (I say that because DAs are little more than cannon fodder. Even the best DAs are mostly irrelevant to any kind of attack, given the boost differentials.)

DeletedUser29563

I say that because DAs are little more than cannon fodder. Even
You obviously haven't fought high GP guilds placing Hovers and Medusas in a while Stephen...those things make me bleed everytime...
DAs serve a specific purpose...to make the attacking guild reload. Cannon fodder in early ages maybe.. like ME down. Bit upper ages they will slow you down big time.
Hovers & no rogues...Medusa with any random attack unit. You are reloading every battle..every time.

DeletedUser29563

Even the best DAs are mostly irrelevant to any
DAs are the backbone to breaking a guilds fighters unit availability. Specifically in higher ages...DAs make your opponent bleed.... and reload...buying you time to defend.
Well placed DAs double your chance of holding your ground

RazorbackPirate

You obviously haven't fought high GP guilds placing Hovers and Medusas in a while Stephen...those things make me bleed everytime...
DAs serve a specific purpose...to make the attacking guild reload. Cannon fodder in early ages maybe.. like ME down. Bit upper ages they will slow you down big time.
Hovers & no rogues...Medusa with any random attack unit. You are reloading every battle..every time.
Attrition seems to ensure that every fighter, no matter how strong, eventually starts to bleed until they have to stop. Every age. Every fighter.

DeletedUser29563

Attrition seems to ensure that every fighter, no matter how strong, eventually starts to bleed until they have to stop. Every age. Every fighter.
true.... but that's for everybody...im talking about smart defense..an edge

DeletedUser29563

lemme ask you this.. attrition is across the board. So lets say your attrition is high..strength low. You have twp sectors..one defended by AI..with AI selected random units..the other with full sets of Hovers..what do you do?

DeletedUser29563

All im saying is a tough defense always trumps an easy one..I want that option if possible
Bit at the same time..I think a guild should have the option to auto defend..or something similar. Especially if units are running low.

Liberty

He WAS giving GBG feedback!! He explained what he wanted to see in it and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.