• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Improvements Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser28314
  • Start date

Dominator - X

We were wondering if they would add a new GBG reward building or at least add upgrades to the existing 5 levels to the SoH. Both are good. I mean, if you get into a groove and have no attrition, you can rack up a ton of frags/day. I love the upgrades and how they benefit the guild treasury. I think they may need to add more in time. Or, maybe the RtV will help out some.

And I really like the idea of the target indicators. Thus far, I do like the direction INNO is moving in for the GBG. Keep it coming please.

DeletedUser19114

Would like to also see where your guildmates are attacking. Some go off course and would like to see who it is so you can stop it.

zelda of zed

If that's happening, it means your 15 mates are putting in as much effort as those 75 players. So what? Any inequity is merely in your mind. What difference does it make if it's 15 members putting in the same effort as you with 60 doing nothing, or 60 members coasting along doing a whole lot of nothing? Either way, guild ranking and who you meet is based on guild wide effort.

Congratulations for punching above your weight.
I did not know that... You are AWESOME! Thank you for clearing that up for me. :)

DeletedUser31499

The new SoH levels. Weigh the pros and cons of adding more levels to your existing SoHs or plant a new one.

Example:
You have 2 level 5 SoH in your town
You have 5 SoH upgrade scrolls

1 new level 5 SoH gives 6 fp and 50 guild goods. Vs
1 level 8 SoH and 1 level 7 SoH gives 2 fp extra and 50 guild goods.

To sum up building a new level 5 SoH gives 4 more fp at the cost of using a 3x4 space
Over increasing the levels of two SoH’s to levels 7 and 8.

3 level 5 SoH = 18 fp and 150 treasury goods. Cost is 1 extra 3x4 space
2 SoH, level 8 and level 7 = 14 fp and 150 treasury goods.

Guild Power and coin output difference remains an unknown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of great opinions and ideas in the thread thus far.
I appreciate the willingness of Inno to make improvements; whether or not players approve doesn't, necessarily, effect how I play. I will level up the SoHs currently set in my city to level 8 along with any others I choose to build. Anything that benefits the guild is on par as a matter of importance for me because of how much I appreciate my guild. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that the level 8 SoH doesn't grant a personal reward, and it matters even less if Inno ever decides to add additional levels.
As for the indicators I am ambivalent. Without the ability to prevent a guild mate from going off target makes it simply a tool to make the game easier for the laziest players, unwilling or otherwise, to check the attack thread before engaging an attack or start a negotiation. We do not have this issue in our guild. Responsible players make responsible decisions as to how they play, which will include making an occasional mistake. If mistakes become a pattern of careless behavior we remove the player from the guild. Therefore we will probably use it unless it proves to be a complete waste of time as an extra step.

DeletedUser28756

Personally, I think the reason for it having 7FP at level 8 is because we haven't got all the levels yet. Wouldn't be surprised if there were two more levels, staggered so that level 9 gives 8FP and level 10 gives 10FP. Makes sense with Inno's general strategy for building rewards.
I really hope this is true! But until then, I'm holding back from upgrading. Lol.

RazorbackPirate

Personally, I think the reason for it having 7FP at level 8 is because we haven't got all the levels yet. Wouldn't be surprised if there were two more levels, staggered so that level 9 gives 8FP and level 10 gives 10FP. Makes sense with Inno's general strategy for building rewards.
You may be right, but I also see it analogous to GBs. Great rewards each level up to level 10, then increases every other level. With SoH, 5 is the new 10.

DeletedUser35995

Will you be adding sector info display on mouseover, or at least labeling the sectors so we don't have to open the sector to see its name?

ODragon

Not true. You're going to stop wanting to put down more SoH's at some point. So you might as well stack levels on what you have.

Additionally, putting it to max, means you can leave it in whatever age it is and it will still be there when you move up. It will let you donate different age goods to the guild. My plan is to leave one in each age I am maxed so that I can donate each age from them. In the end, the FP isn't changing and that's what matters to me. The guild will get goods from multiple ages (vs Obs/Arc) which only give current ages.

RazorbackPirate

Additionally, putting it to max, means you can leave it in whatever age it is and it will still be there when you move up. It will let you donate different age goods to the guild. My plan is to leave one in each age I am maxed so that I can donate each age from them. In the end, the FP isn't changing and that's what matters to me. The guild will get goods from multiple ages (vs Obs/Arc) which only give current ages.
I'd not even considered this. I had planned to upgrade to the max anyway, but this adds another dimension to it. Thanks for the tip.

ODragon

I'd not even considered this. I had planned to upgrade to the max anyway, but this adds another dimension to it. Thanks for the tip.

No problem. For the most part, one's current age goods aren't as valuable to the treasury because of the GBs that donate them. They out produce the majority of what you could donate yourself daily. Once you start to have ages with people without the GBs donating, the treasury could suffer, especially when you hit the whole unrefined only goods ages.

RazorbackPirate

No problem. For the most part, one's current age goods aren't as valuable to the treasury because of the GBs that donate them. They out produce the majority of what you could donate yourself daily. Once you start to have ages with people without the GBs donating, the treasury could suffer, especially when you hit the whole unrefined only goods ages.
I'd already planned to leave some in the previous age, but I'd not thought about leaving one in each age.

DeletedUser38368

Thanks for these improvements.

I'm looking forward to the focus and ignore features, thanks for not making them restrictive, but merely instructive. Much appreciated.

I'm also excited for the new levels to the SoH. Including level 8, despite it not giving another FP. For all the players constantly droning on about doing stuff 'for the guild,' and making sacrifices 'for the guild,' I find it funny how they now say they'll stop at level 7 and won't go to level 8 despite the increase of guild goods. Guess they're not really 'for the guild' after all. 'Thee but not me.' Of course we knew this already, it's just nice to see their hypocrisy laid bare...

It's more beneficial for your guild for you to stop at level 7 and plant a new SoH than to take an existing one to 8.

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge others.

I like the new focus and ignore features. It seems like that battle we had in the GBG feedback thread really paid off. I'm sure there are some sour britches in the crowd right now but they're certainly in the minority of players. Thanks Inno.

Graviton

I like the new focus and ignore features. It seems like that battle we had in the GBG feedback thread really paid off. I'm sure there are some sour britches in the crowd right now but they're certainly in the minority of players. Thanks Inno.

Seems to me Inno found a compromise between those who wanted a way to single out "rogue" members and/or direct control over GBG participation, and those who didn't like that idea. In fact, since the new feature offers no control nor even player identification, but simply a means to illustrate guidance, Inno seems to have come down against the authoritarians. So I'm guessing that if any behinds are chapped, they aren't the ones you think they are.

DeletedUser38368

Seems to me Inno found a compromise between those who wanted a way to single out "rogue" members and/or direct control over GBG participation, and those who didn't like that idea. In fact, since the new feature offers no control nor even player identification, but simply a means to illustrate guidance, Inno seems to have come down against the authoritarians. So I'm guessing that if any behinds are chapped, they aren't the ones you think they are.
You are partially right there. It certainly seems to he a compromise for some people (not me personally, I just wanted subtle control similar to this) but I do remember some sour britches that wanted absolutely zero changes.

Locking sectors and not closing them is a huge part of GbG, having some one close a territory to soon can make you lose the GbG. Which is why people wanted to least show the name of who closed it. How it is now, allows for people to join other guilds and sabotage them from the inside by closing sectors that are not supposed to be closed so soon making them lose GbG.