• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Improvements Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser28314
  • Start date

RazorbackPirate

It's more beneficial for your guild for you to stop at level 7 and plant a new SoH than to take an existing one to 8.

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge others.
And if I have enough fragments to take 2 of them to 8? Sure it has nothing to do with 8 not giving another FP. 80 goods vs. 70 goods in the same FP, but sure, 'for the guild'.

Seems I touched a sore spot. It's your city, you do you.
You are partially right there. It certainly seems to he a compromise for some people (not me personally, I just wanted subtle control similar to this) but I do remember some sour britches that wanted absolutely zero changes.
Lol. Subtle controls.

No doubt the focus features are helpful, but that still doesn't mean they were needed. - Sour Bitch
Locking sectors and not closing them is a huge part of GbG, having some one close a territory to soon can make you lose the GbG. Which is why people wanted to least show the name of who closed it.
For a user created play style executed by a limited number of players. A play style that requires education of the team, and proper execution from the team. Do mistakes still occur? Yes. Annoying when they happen? Absolutely. However, the ability to execute this play style is what separates winners from losers. Not all of us want a mindless Forge. (see what I did there?)
How it is now, allows for people to join other guilds and sabotage them from the inside by closing sectors that are not supposed to be closed so soon making them lose GbG.
Infiltration, intrigue, sabotage. Just like a real war in real life. I love it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser38368

And if I have enough fragments to take 2 of them to 8? Sure it has nothing to do with 8 not giving another FP. 80 goods vs. 70 goods in the same FP, but sure, 'for the guild'.

Seems I touched a sore spot. It's your city, you do you.
LMAO no, you still aren't getting it. It's better for you to start a new SoH than to upgrade even two structures to level 8.

A new level 1 SoH (in CE for example) gives 210 crowns. To go from level 7 to 8, you gain 40 crowns (again, I'm using CE numbers). So your guild gains 170 crowns if you start over with a new SoH instead of taking one from 7 to 8. Heck, it's always better for your guild to generate a new SoH instead of level an existing one (which kinda points out that you should just not judge people for choosing to combine the altruism for their guild with seeking FP profits).

But sure, go on thinking you "touched a sore spot"! Thanks for the laugh, it was a perfect way to start off my morning!

Agent327

I wish the make the SoH and things like that upgrade easy...i.e. the upgrade should be sticky like self motivation kit..so that you dont have to go back and forth from inventory to upgrade multiple times.

Self motivation kit has only one option. Upgrade has two.

RazorbackPirate

LMAO no, you still aren't getting it. It's better for you to start a new SoH than to upgrade even two structures to level 8.

A new level 1 SoH (in CE for example) gives 210 crowns. To go from level 7 to 8, you gain 40 crowns (again, I'm using CE numbers). So your guild gains 170 crowns if you start over with a new SoH instead of taking one from 7 to 8. Heck, it's always better for your guild to generate a new SoH instead of level an existing one (which kinda points out that you should just not judge people for choosing to combine the altruism for their guild with seeking FP profits).

But sure, go on thinking you "touched a sore spot"! Thanks for the laugh, it was a perfect way to start off my morning!
You still aren't getting it. Space = Limited. But again, you do you. It's your city, if you want to fill it with level 7 SoHs, go for it.

However, according you your logic, it would be even better to have even more SoHs at level 5, instead of level 7. Why aren't you doing that? After all, it 'for the guild.' But sure, it's got nothing to do with FPs. Lol.

DeletedUser38368

Hahahahahaha ok seriously, are you trolling?
Certainly you haven't forgotten your comment here;
....For all the players constantly droning on about doing stuff 'for the guild,' and making sacrifices 'for the guild,' I find it funny how they now say they'll stop at level 7 and won't go to level 8 despite the increase of guild goods. Guess they're not really 'for the guild' after all. 'Thee but not me.' Of course we knew this already, it's just nice to see their hypocrisy laid bare....

Which is an entirely different point than you're making here now;

You still aren't getting it. Space = Limited. But again, you do you. It's your city, if you want to fill it with level 7 SoHs, go for it.

However, according you your logic, it would be even better to have even more SoHs at level 5, instead of level 7. Why aren't you doing that? After all, it 'for the guild.' But sure, it's got nothing to do with FPs. Lol.

It seems you have shifted from ignorance to a bad faith argument. I know it sucks to be called out for the things you say but it's part of being human and growing with time. Those of us with class take our hits on the chin when deserved.
Also, fully read my comments before responding to them. If you don't understand something I've posted then feel free to ask me to clarify. The second part of your new post makes it sound like you have no idea what's going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

Hahahahahaha ok seriously, are you trolling?
Certainly you haven't forgotten your comment here;

Which is an entirely different point than you're making here now;

It seems you have shifted from ignorance to a bad faith argument. I know it sucks to be called out for the things you say but it's part of being human and growing with time. Those of us with class take our hits on the chin when deserved.
Also, FFS fully read my comments before responding to them. If you don't understand something I've posted then feel free to ask me to clarify. The second part of your new post makes it sound like you have no idea what's going on.
I've not forgotten my comment. My comment still applies. However, I'm now responding to your latest post and reasoning. It's your logic, why aren't you applying it consistently?

If it's best for the guild to have multiple SoHs at level 7, it's even better for the guild to have even more SoHs at level 5. Why aren't you building all level 5s? If it's not about the FPs, but what's best for the guild. then stop at level 5.

Why doesn't your reasoning extend to 5 vs. level 7 if not for the FPs? If level 8 gave another FP, would you still stop at level 7? If so, why aren't you stopping at level 5? If you're doing what's best for the guild, clearly level 5s are better for the guild than level 7s. Shouldn't you just stop at level 5 for the good of the guild?

DeletedUser29162

I would like to see an activity log showing who takes a sector. Many times we are wandering who took a sector that had been called for soft lock and would allow for better training.

babsy57

No mention of CROWNS per level ? Anyone ?
The Statue of Honor (SoH), is listed in the Wiki, Special Buildings, by levels (1-8) and era. It will list, what the SoH provides and produces, by level and era (including the crowns). Hope this helps you find the answer to your question.

Last edited:

Salsuero

Only 1 FP increase for three levels doesn't feel balanced to me, but with all the extra upgrades I've earned, it's better than nothing, I suppose.

DeletedUser4441

Only 1 FP increase for three levels doesn't feel balanced to me, but with all the extra upgrades I've earned, it's better than nothing, I suppose.

FREE WILL...wow that pesky thing rises again

No rule says you have to level beyond 5... you have the choice 5- lvl 8 SoH or 8- lvl 5 (or however many you have earned)... no one forces anyone to do anything. Play your game your way and to h@@l with what anyone else says about it.

DeletedUser38368

I've not forgotten my comment. My comment still applies. However, I'm now responding to your latest post and reasoning. It's your logic, why aren't you applying it consistently?

If it's best for the guild to have multiple SoHs at level 7, it's even better for the guild to have even more SoHs at level 5. Why aren't you building all level 5s? If it's not about the FPs, but what's best for the guild. then stop at level 5.

Why doesn't your reasoning extend to 5 vs. level 7 if not for the FPs? If level 8 gave another FP, would you still stop at level 7? If so, why aren't you stopping at level 5? If you're doing what's best for the guild, clearly level 5s are better for the guild than level 7s. Shouldn't you just stop at level 5 for the good of the guild?
No, your reasoning is not sound. You chastise people for wanting to build new SoHs for increased FP production because you argue that they aren't all about their guilds after all but when I point out that building a new SoH is actually better for the guild than leveling existing ones, you try to deflect with goods production. Then when I reveal your ignorance towards the increased crown production, you change your argument entirely.

I get it, you're a type A personality. There are a lot of those on this forum. If you wish to keep digging a hole I won't stop you.

Also, stop with the level 5 questioning, that's making you look really bad. I answered that question long before you even asked it but apparently you're having trouble reading my posts in their entirety.

RazorbackPirate

No, your reasoning is not sound. You chastise people for wanting to build new SoHs for increased FP production because you argue that they aren't all about their guilds after all but when I point out that building a new SoH is actually better for the guild than leveling existing ones, you try to deflect with goods production. Then when I reveal your ignorance towards the increased crown production, you change your argument entirely.

I get it, you're a type A personality. There are a lot of those on this forum. If you wish to keep digging a hole I won't stop you.

Also, stop with the level 5 questioning, that's making you look really bad. I answered that question long before you even asked it but apparently you're having trouble reading my posts in their entirety.
Reading the feedback about the stats of the new levels on Beta, many players made the comment that since level 8 didn't give them another FP, they would be stopping at level 7. I don't have an account on Beta, so my comment which appeared in this thread before much feedback appeared was based on the comments on Beta. Some of those same players, elsewhere on Beta talk about other things and their expectation that guild members should be willing to make sacrifices for the guild. I found their comments about the SoH upgrades hypocritical based on their other comments and posted my feelings here about it knowing there would be folks here with the same complaint.

Player 1 - "I'm stopping at level 7, level 8 doesn't give another FP."
Player 2 - "But it gives more guild power and guild goods every day in the same space."
Player 1 - "Okay, but if you think about it, building another level 7 actually gives the guild more, so it makes sense to stop at level 7."

Then you show up declaring you're also stopping at level 7, with the same 'consolation argument' others gave when they received push back about not wanting to upgrade beyond level 7 because level 8 doesn't give an extra FP. While I concede the math is correct, it's the same 'fall back' argument which conveniently just happens to match up with the original 'no FP = no extra level' objections.

I find it as hollow here as I found it there. Notice, you're also the only one who gave me push back on my comment. Could it be that for others they looked at the shoe, decided it didn't fit and simply moved on? You on the other hand, put on the shoe, saw that it fit, then needed to declare even though the shoe fits you, you're actually wearing the shoe for a another reason. I don't buy it.

In the words of William Shakespeare, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

But again, you do you. Build your city however you want using whatever reasoning you want. I'll do the same. For the record, I've earned enough fragments for two SoHs, both at level 8. Since space is more important to me than the extra FPs I could get from keeping them both at level 7 and starting on a 3rd, I'll be taking both to level 8.

In another 6 or 7 rounds, I'll have enough fragments for a third level 8 and will need to decide to build another one, or not. With space always at a premium and having no desire to fill my city with SoHs no matter how good the FPs per tile, or their benefits to the guild, the jury is still out. I'm hoping by the time I get there, Inno will have added a few more levels. If they do, I'll avail myself of those new levels, regardless of the FP increase for me. As long as it gives more to the guild in the same amount of space, it works for me.

BTW - You look good in those shoes and they fit you well.;)

Last edited:

Emberguard

Additionally, putting it to max, means you can leave it in whatever age it is and it will still be there when you move up. It will let you donate different age goods to the guild. My plan is to leave one in each age I am maxed so that I can donate each age from them. In the end, the FP isn't changing and that's what matters to me. The guild will get goods from multiple ages (vs Obs/Arc) which only give current ages.
That's exactly what I was planning to do with the lvl 5's but now that we have lvl 8 I'll do it for lvl 8 instead.

It's more beneficial for your guild for you to stop at level 7 and plant a new SoH than to take an existing one to 8.
Reading the feedback about the stats of the new levels on Beta, many players made the comment that since level 8 didn't give them another FP, they would be stopping at level 7. I don't have an account on Beta, so my comment which appeared in this thread before much feedback appeared was based on the comments on Beta. Some of those same players, elsewhere on Beta talk about other things and their expectation that guild members should be willing to make sacrifices for the guild. I found their comments about the SoH upgrades hypocritical based on their other comments and posted my feelings here about it knowing there would be folks here with the same complaint.
Isn't the most efficient Crown production (per level) at Lvl 1? So if crowns is the only concern shouldn't we be filling the cities with a bunch of Lvl 1's until we can no longer place any more buildings?

Thing is priorities change. There was a point in time when I would have put anything and everything down if it helped the guild. But my city has grown a lot since then so I'd rather take the SoH to Lvl 8 to give the guild the best per-tile output then simply focus on maximising per upgrade ignoring the space requirements. Hypothetically I'm sure I could put another 4 or 5 SoHs down still (without aging up or getting more land). I would prefer to max out the ones I already have given more event buildings will also be coming out that may or may not also have guild goods anyway

Last edited:

DeletedUser42226

Additionally, putting it to max, means you can leave it in whatever age it is and it will still be there when you move up. It will let you donate different age goods to the guild. My plan is to leave one in each age I am maxed so that I can donate each age from them. In the end, the FP isn't changing and that's what matters to me. The guild will get goods from multiple ages (vs Obs/Arc) which only give current ages.

if you have a level 3 or whatever SoH, and if you age up your city and then upgrade that SoH to level 4, does it stay in the previous era?

Emberguard

if you have a level 3 or whatever SoH, and if you age up your city and then upgrade that SoH to level 4, does it stay in the previous era?
If you upgrade the SoH it automatically goes to your current age. If you want to have previous age SoH's you're best off getting them as high as you ever intend to take them as the moment you upgrade them the age will change as well

ODragon

As @Emberguard posted, your building will not upgrade its age automagically but will upgrade its age if you go up a level on it. I believe all upgrades in the game have the bonus feature of being a renokit for the building you are upgrading. If you plan right, you can save yourself a oneup/renokit if you do your last upgrade after moving up to the next age.

I would prefer to max out the ones I already have given more event buildings will also be coming out that may or may not also have guild goods anyway

I agree, although, I decided to get both of the ones I already have placed to 7 before taking either to 8. I don't mind thinking of myself a little bit in this equation too!

Last edited:

Salsuero

No rule says you have to level beyond 5... you have the choice 5- lvl 8 SoH or 8- lvl 5 (or however many you have earned)... no one forces anyone to do anything. Play your game your way and to h@@l with what anyone else says about it.

But -- I am playing my game my way. I don't remember saying I was required to do so. I simply said that taking it up beyond level 5 now isn't exactly going to hurt me... that it's better than getting three new levels for NO added bonus at all (which is obviously absurd)... even though I would've hoped for it to be worth more than they made it for those three new levels.