• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Improvements Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser28314
  • Start date

DeletedUser38368

Reading the feedback about the stats of the new levels on Beta, many players made the comment that since level 8 didn't give them another FP, they would be stopping at level 7. I don't have an account on Beta, so my comment which appeared in this thread before much feedback appeared was based on the comments on Beta. Some of those same players, elsewhere on Beta talk about other things and their expectation that guild members should be willing to make sacrifices for the guild. I found their comments about the SoH upgrades hypocritical based on their other comments and posted my feelings here about it knowing there would be folks here with the same complaint.

Player 1 - "I'm stopping at level 7, level 8 doesn't give another FP."
Player 2 - "But it gives more guild power and guild goods every day in the same space."
Player 1 - "Okay, but if you think about it, building another level 7 actually gives the guild more, so it makes sense to stop at level 7."

Then you show up declaring you're also stopping at level 7, with the same 'consolation argument' others gave when they received push back about not wanting to upgrade beyond level 7 because level 8 doesn't give an extra FP. While I concede the math is correct, it's the same 'fall back' argument which conveniently just happens to match up with the original 'no FP = no extra level' objections.

I find it as hollow here as I found it there. Notice, you're also the only one who gave me push back on my comment. Could it be that for others they looked at the shoe, decided it didn't fit and simply moved on? You on the other hand, put on the shoe, saw that it fit, then needed to declare even though the shoe fits you, you're actually wearing the shoe for a another reason. I don't buy it.

In the words of William Shakespeare, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

But again, you do you. Build your city however you want using whatever reasoning you want. I'll do the same. For the record, I've earned enough fragments for two SoHs, both at level 8. Since space is more important to me than the extra FPs I could get from keeping them both at level 7 and starting on a 3rd, I'll be taking both to level 8.

In another 6 or 7 rounds, I'll have enough fragments for a third level 8 and will need to decide to build another one, or not. With space always at a premium and having no desire to fill my city with SoHs no matter how good the FPs per tile, or their benefits to the guild, the jury is still out. I'm hoping by the time I get there, Inno will have added a few more levels. If they do, I'll avail myself of those new levels, regardless of the FP increase for me. As long as it gives more to the guild in the same amount of space, it works for me.

BTW - You look good in those shoes and they fit you well.;)

So basically you jumped to conclusions based on what someone said in a different thread?
Yeah, that's the exact thing I'm calling you out for big guy. You judged people and were proven wrong. You can try to justify yourself all you want to but it makes you look bad, dude.

Just you like you judged me about where I'm stopping on me SoHs and my reasoning behind it. My reasoning is abundantly clear if you choose to drop your type A for 5 minutes and read what I've written. I'm not going to explain m myself to you though, what I've written is clear and anyone who wants to read my messages (and yours) will see who here is wrong.

You can hide behind waves of words all you like one clear fact will never change;

You are wrong to assume that leveling all of your SoHs to 8 is better for your guild than just building new ones. Which was my original point in the first place.

DeletedUser38368

That's exactly what I was planning to do with the lvl 5's but now that we have lvl 8 I'll do it for lvl 8 instead.

Isn't the most efficient Crown production (per level) at Lvl 1? So if crowns is the only concern shouldn't we be filling the cities with a bunch of Lvl 1's until we can no longer place any more buildings?

This was already addressed even before Razor asked that question. Please, if you're going to insert yourself into a conversation at least have the decency to read what has already been discussed. I hate repeating myself.

RazorbackPirate

So basically you jumped to conclusions based on what someone said in a different thread?
Yeah, that's the exact thing I'm calling you out for big guy. You judged people and were proven wrong. You can try to justify yourself all you want to but it makes you look bad, dude.

Just you like you judged me about where I'm stopping on me SoHs and my reasoning behind it. My reasoning is abundantly clear if you choose to drop your type A for 5 minutes and read what I've written. I'm not going to explain m myself to you though, what I've written is clear and anyone who wants to read my messages (and yours) will see who here is wrong.

You can hide behind waves of words all you like one clear fact will never change;

You are wrong to assume that leveling all of your SoHs to 8 is better for your guild than just building new ones. Which was my original point in the first place.
So you're calling me out for calling you out? Okie dokie. I guess you tole me.

You keep bringing up type A as if it's a bad thing. Yes, I'm an alpha male and I make no apologies about it. I also acknowledge there's a place for the soy boy beta's, as leaders need people who follow, and there's not nearly enough hot chicks to go around. Every heap needs someone at the top. Sorry dude, that's just the way it works.

As I will never fill my city with endless SoHs, it's important that each SoH I do have produces the maximum amount for my guild, so level 8 it is. You keep fighting that, I don't know why. Build your city however you want, lie to yourself however you want. If level 8 gave YOU another FP, I can damn well guarantee you'd be talking it to level 8. But, whatever.

Nice shoes. Still fitting well, I see.
This was already addressed even before Razor asked that question. Please, if you're going to insert yourself into a conversation at least have the decency to read what has already been discussed. I hate repeating myself.
Another one who sees through the lie of your justification. Is that you I see bathing in the river in the Egypt settlement? 'Cause clearly you're in de Nile.

Last edited:

DeletedUser38368

So you're calling me out for calling you out? Okie dokie. I guess you tole me.

You keep bringing up type A as if it's a bad thing. Yes, I'm an alpha male and I make no apologies about it. I also acknowledge there's a place for the soy boy beta's, as leaders need people who follow, and there's not nearly enough hot chicks to go around. Every heap needs someone at the top. Sorry dude, that's just the way it works.

As I will never fill my city with endless SoHs, it's important that each SoH I do have produces the maximum amount for my guild, so level 8 it is. You keep fighting that, I don't know why. Build your city however you want, lie to yourself however you want. If level 8 gave YOU another FP, I can damn well guarantee you'd be talking it to level 8. But, whatever.

Nice shoes. Still fitting well, I see.

Another one who sees through the lie of your justification. Is that you I see bathing in the river in the Egypt settlement? 'Cause clearly you're in de Nile.
Hahaha no little fella, Type A doesn't mean alpha male. Among many things, Type As tend to exhibit narcissism. Does that paint a clearer picture?

You keep trying to change the narration as well. Just stop dude, I'm not playing these stupid games with you anymore. Our entire discussion started because you said it's better for a person's guild if people upgrade their SoH's to 8 instead of stopping at 7 and building a new one. You're wrong. Get over it. Move on. It wasn't that big of a deal until you kept this discussion going on and on.
If in the future you aren't so quick to judge someone's actions you won't run into this problem again. But by all means, it's a free country. You have the right to act like bully and I have the right to call you out for it.

RazorbackPirate

Hahaha no little fella, Type A doesn't mean alpha male. Among many things, Type As tend to exhibit narcissism. Does that paint a clearer picture?

You keep trying to change the narration as well. Just stop dude, I'm not playing these stupid games with you anymore. Our entire discussion started because you said it's better for a person's guild if people upgrade their SoH's to 8 instead of stopping at 7 and building a new one. You're wrong. Get over it. Move on. It wasn't that big of a deal until you kept this discussion going on and on.
If in the future you aren't so quick to judge someone's actions you won't run into this problem again. But by all means, it's a free country. You have the right to act like bully and I have the right to call you out for it.
Our entire discussion started because you chose to respond to a comment directed at no one in particular. But you made it particularly about you. And here we are. Tell yourself whatever you want about the rest.

Following your reasoning, I said it's even better to stop at level 5 and build 2 more level 5s. But you won't consider that. @Emberguard pointed out the best of all would be to build 14 Level 1s, but you're not doing that either.

I've conceded that your math is correct, it's your reasoning (excuses) that are flawed. Bottom line it's about the FP. Bottom line is if level 8 gave you an extra FP you would upgrade them all to level 8. Everything else is a bunch of blah, blah, blah to cover for that fact. We all see through the lie. Deal with it.

The soy boy doth protest too much, methinks.

DeletedUser38368

Our entire discussion started because you chose to respond to a comment directed at no one in particular. But you made it particularly about you. And here we are. Tell yourself whatever you want about the rest.

Following your reasoning, I said it's even better to stop at level 5 and build 2 more level 5s. But you won't consider that. @Emberguard pointed out the best of all would be to build 14 Level 1s, but you're not doing that either.

I've conceded that your math is correct, it's your reasoning (excuses) that are flawed. Bottom line it's about the FP. Bottom line is if level 8 gave you an extra FP you would upgrade them all to level 8. Everything else is a bunch of blah, blah, blah to cover for that fact. We all see through the lie. Deal with it.

The soy boy doth protest too much, methinks.

No you damn idiot, work on your reading comprehension. Even before you asked me about the level 5 argument I brought it up on my own in my response to one of your posts. I had already justified my reasoning on that but you choose to ignore it.

I haven't delivered any proof of verbosity to you; that's all you. My points are clear and concise and I'm tired of repeating them.

Damn dude, I'm not sure I've met anyone so unwilling to admit that they're wrong. You just have to look back at the responses; everything is there.

Keep changing the narrative though. What is that, 3 narratives now? Fun times. My position hasn't changed once. That right there is a shortcut to the truth by itself.

Keep on keeping on dude. By the time we're done you'll reveal to this forum the type of person you really are.

RazorbackPirate

Notice I did not say anything about @ODragon's post where he said,
I decided to get both of the ones I already have placed to 7 before taking either to 8. I don't mind thinking of myself a little bit in this equation too!
That is a perfectly reasonable argument. I will agree with the post above that 2 level 7s are better than one level 8 and one level 6. But that's not the argument you've made. Not even close.

I understand your argument perfectly, and I've conceded the math multiple times. But this is not about the math, it's about the FP. I can guarandamntee, if level 8 gave an extra FP, we would not be having this conversation. Had you stated what @ODragon stated above, we'd also not be having this conversation. You would not be jumping through hoops to justify why you're stopping at level 7. But you are stopping at level 7, and you are jumping through hoops to justify it. It's about the FP. Plain and simple.

I don't care what you say, what math you present, or how many times you jump up and down screaming, "It's not, it's not, it's not." You'll stop them at level 7, because level 8 doesn't give YOU another FP. As a result, you've come up with some justification why. You're free to justify it anyway you want. I don't care. Tell yourself whatever lie you want. I'm not buying it. Full stop.

DeletedUser38368

Get this through your thick skull;

I understand your argument perfectly, and I've conceded the math multiple times. But this is not about the math, it's about the FP. I can guarandamntee, if level 8 gave an extra FP, we would not be have...
we'd also not be having this conversation. You would not be jumping through hoops to justify why you're stopping at level 7. But you are stopping at level 7, and you are jumping through hoops to justify it. It's about the FP. Plain and simple.

I don't care what you say, what math you present, or how many times you jump up and down screaming, "It's not, it's not, it's not." You'll stop them at level 7, because level 8 doesn't give YOU another FP. As a result, you've come up with some justification why. You're free to justify it anyway you want. I don't care. Tell yourself whatever lie you want. I'm not buying it. Full stop.

I don't care about the lack of a FP from 7 to 8. I addressed you for calling people out for being faux pro guild because they wouldn't go to level 8. I presented to you an alternate way of thinking with which you at first disagreed. Once you realized I was right, you got embarrassed and tried to steer the narrative away from "what's good for your guild" to "what's practical for space."
Yes, there are some people coming in here jumping in the conversation without reading the whole thing. That's why I finally repeated myself.

There, that's plain and clear. I haven't jumped through a single hoop as my point hasn't changed since this started. You on the other hand can't keep your story straight. You also keep trying to enlist the help of ignorant posters because you know I have you against the wall.

I'm done with you now. This is just going to devolve into name-calling and petty bickering. There is nothing of intellectual value to be had from this continuing.

If people are actually interested in what was said and not jumping to conclusions then they can read what was written. I didn't change my point once but you do nearly every time you respond.

On a serious note, I'm not sure if this is just something you do on the internet RBP, maybe this is just your idea of fun. Whether that's true or whether you do this in real life, you have some serious issues dude.

RazorbackPirate

Get this through your thick skull;

I don't care about the lack of a FP from 7 to 8. I addressed you for calling people out for being faux pro guild because they wouldn't go to level 8. I presented to you an alternate way of thinking with which you at first disagreed. Once you realized I was right, you got embarrassed and tried to steer the narrative away from "what's good for your guild" to "what's practical for space."
Yes, there are some people coming in here jumping in the conversation without reading the whole thing. That's why I finally repeated myself.

There, that's plain and clear. I haven't jumped through a single hoop as my point hasn't changed since this started. You on the other hand can't keep your story straight. You also keep trying to enlist the help of ignorant posters because you know I have you against the wall.

I'm done with you now. This is just going to devolve into name-calling and petty bickering. There is nothing of intellectual value to be had from this continuing.

If people are actually interested in what was said and not jumping to conclusions then they can read what was written. I didn't change my point once but you do nearly every time you respond.

On a serious note, I'm not sure if this is just something you do on the internet RBP, maybe this is just your idea of fun. Whether that's true or whether you do this in real life, you have some serious issues dude. You should probably get some help man. I'm not saying that as a dig, I really do mean that.
Lol. You decided to get into a pissing match with an empty bladder. Seems you're the ignorant poster. Thanks for your faux concern. Seriously. Lol.

Algona

Wander into GBG to see 'sup?

Go back to city, click on Tavern, and info on a GBG Province IOnfo pops up.

Click on AD, another GBG Provinvce Info popup.

Click on an Incident, Incident collects and Info on a Guild pops up. Must been over their HQ?

Hover over a GB and the GB info shows.Click on the GB and get a Province Info popup.

Restart FoE, city acts normally.

Go to GBG, back to city, and I'm getting Province Info popups.

Click on the GBG gate and Province Info popup.

Visit another player's city, Province Info popups. Back to my city, more PI popups. Fight twice in GE, back to city more PI popups Click onthe Settlements boat, more PI popups.

Refresh again. no PI popups. Go to GBG and fight my first fight of the day, go back to city and NO PI popups.

Refreash, no PI, got GBG, do not fight, go back to city, no PI.

I wonder what happens after reset?

DeletedUser32558

Wander into GBG to see 'sup?

Go back to city, click on Tavern, and info on a GBG Province IOnfo pops up.

Click on AD, another GBG Provinvce Info popup.

Click on an Incident, Incident collects and Info on a Guild pops up. Must been over their HQ?

Hover over a GB and the GB info shows.Click on the GB and get a Province Info popup.

Restart FoE, city acts normally.

Go to GBG, back to city, and I'm getting Province Info popups.

Click on the GBG gate and Province Info popup.

Visit another player's city, Province Info popups. Back to my city, more PI popups. Fight twice in GE, back to city more PI popups Click onthe Settlements boat, more PI popups.

Refresh again. no PI popups. Go to GBG and fight my first fight of the day, go back to city and NO PI popups.

Refreash, no PI, got GBG, do not fight, go back to city, no PI.

I wonder what happens after reset?
I sended report for that bug. It exist only with no 5html... and I use flash because it is better with gvg so for reset DONT tell your opponent guild, ;-)

planetofthehumans2

I don't like how many guilds are on the map now (8). Makes it impossible to hold very many sectors for very long. This is more like gvg...

Also the ranking rewards are completely unchanged, even places 5-8 are the same reward except A FEW POINTS less. Shouldn't #1 out of 8 get more? Shouldn't #8 get a lot less?

RazorbackPirate

I don't like how many guilds are on the map now (8). Makes it impossible to hold very many sectors for very long. This is more like gvg...

Also the ranking rewards are completely unchanged, even places 5-8 are the same reward except A FEW POINTS less. Shouldn't #1 out of 8 get more? Shouldn't #8 get a lot less?
It has been this way since GBG's introduction. None of this was changed with this update.