• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Improvements Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser28314
  • Start date

WinnerGR

I only recently started playing GbG so it doesn't knew levels do not really affect me though the roads may as I my guild is in the highest league though one issue for me is probably going to be that I get more roads than levels on the SoH !

The league points will be very good now @dontwannaname left .

DeletedUser28756

1 FP increase for 3 levels? Nope.

Instead of 6, 7, 7 FPs, it would be better to have 7, 8, 8 FPs.
At the moment I don't see myself upgrading it past Level 5.
Only going to place more as my city has a lot of free space and thereby get more FPs out of the fragments.

P.S. I don't know why the forum calls me a "New Member". I have been playing since April 2016!?

RazorbackPirate

Thanks for these improvements.

I'm looking forward to the focus and ignore features, thanks for not making them restrictive, but merely instructive. Much appreciated.

I'm also excited for the new levels to the SoH. Including level 8, despite it not giving another FP. For all the players constantly droning on about doing stuff 'for the guild,' and making sacrifices 'for the guild,' I find it funny how they now say they'll stop at level 7 and won't go to level 8 despite the increase of guild goods. Guess they're not really 'for the guild' after all. 'Thee but not me.' Of course we knew this already, it's just nice to see their hypocrisy laid bare.

Watching Beta as I do, I'm really hoping you improve the stats of the Road to Victory. Ideally, I'd like to see you do something similar to what was done with the Train Cars, giving 3 options that let you choose which boosts/rewards are best for you. Just one option with low benefits doesn't make it that worthwhile.

DreadfulCadillac

I understand. What I mean is if you already have x amount of SoH's in your city and you don't plan to put any more down, then you might as well use the SoH upgrades you get afterward to level the ones you have up to max.
True. I still have space in city if i want to put another one down, so once i get to lvl 7, i can place another one @lvl 1 and get MORE FP, and the same amount of treasury goods.
@RazorbackPirate so im not selfish, atm just doing whats best for city, and it benifits the guild in the same exact way....

qaccy

Glad for the extra levels. GBG is here to stay, which means that while events slowly power creep back up above them, we'll all be getting more and more SoHs to line our cities with. Eventually that space will run out, so it's nice to have further 'up' to go when we can't go 'out' anymore. At least Inno didn't rebalance the entire building with these 3 new levels so players get to keep what they already have, rather than nerfing levels below 6 to force entice players to upgrade. Win-win for me! Along with the extra functionality to assist in guiding guild members in attacking.

I'd still personally like an attrition log to be added to the contribution list to see who's actually doing heavy lifting when necessary and not just lurking for attrition-less sectors.

RazorbackPirate

I'd still personally like an attrition log to be added to the contribution list to see who's actually doing heavy lifting when necessary and not just lurking for attrition-less sectors.
While it seems like it's something, this is a meaningless number.

There is a certain level of attrition that I need to stop fighting. On days with little attrition, there comes a time that I still need to stop fighting because all my units are dinged up and they need time to heal. Depending on how badly, that may take me out of the game for hours at a time with only a couple more fights here and there for the rest of the day.

If I hit that level of attrition before all my units are dinged up, I need to stop fighting and start negotiating. However, at some point regardless of attrition, negotiating has to stop because there's only so many goods I'm willing to part with in a day. And there's the time spent donating to other's GBs spinning RQs the entire time in order to restock those goods, and the time spent putting up trades to push goods down an age so I can negotiate another day.

Then there's the time and interest issue. Many times throughout the day, regardless of attrition, I need a break. Either I need to deal with something in real life, or I simply have no desire for another fight, or negotiation. Sometimes I end the day with a high attrition, some days a low attrition, most days somewhere in between,

All of this has nothing to do with the assumptions you've made, and comes down to me playing my game the way I want and need to play it. Which is why I will resist all proposals of this nature. I have no need or desire to explain myself to you, what I'm doing and why, based on some arbitrary whatever, no matter what you think. I'm not here to meet your metrics, you don't pay me to do so. I play for me, not you, and the guild benefits from whatever time and effort I'm willing to put forward to play the game for me.

Does that mean I ignore the needs of the guild? Definitely not. I push myself as hard as I can as long as I can for my benefit and the benefit of the guild. But there are times though, I'm like, whatever. I simply don't care to push myself, any guild leader's misguided expectations be damned.

They should have rebalanced the SoH so each level gave 1 FP and 10 guild goods.
It would hurt the lower levels on it but would be better for the long run.

I hear the Road to Victory in the beta is currently bad and needs to be better.

RazorbackPirate

I am kinda bummed they did not address the unevenness of the game itsself.. its really hard to fight a guild that has 75 players when you only have 15 mates.
If that's happening, it means your 15 mates are putting in as much effort as those 75 players. So what? Any inequity is merely in your mind. What difference does it make if it's 15 members putting in the same effort as you with 60 doing nothing, or 60 members coasting along doing a whole lot of nothing? Either way, guild ranking and who you meet is based on guild wide effort.

Congratulations for punching above your weight.

Lime the Tangy

I am kinda bummed they did not address the unevenness of the game itsself.. its really hard to fight a guild that has 75 players when you only have 15 mates.
It seems like the effect of taking 1st swings a guild up too high, and then they finish low, which puts them back down. I'm not sure if there is a smoother way to match guilds by strength. The rankings, and thus MMR points, don't take into account the difference in VPs between guilds at the end of a season. That means that if a guild wins their group narrowly and another guild wins theirs by a huge margin, they gain the same number of MMR points. I know that if our guild is pretty much locked into a ranking spot we tend to stop playing because the margin doesn't matter. Maybe that could be taken into account in the rankings. It will be nice to see each guild's "LP" though. Good addition.

The province indicators will be a huge help too, espeically as a guild leader. One of our biggest issues is coordinating targets and provinces to avoid.

DeletedUser32558

Guild Focus and NEW levels for statue is very welcome, nice.

, you ´mean GE like rank for leagues? It is sure nice idea but then guild rankings per world go .... you see how different leagues are ranked and affect guild ranking... well, its not fair as you said and I agree that but how you add rankings to guild roster etc., but this Road To Victory and who get access to it may change our opinion hard way, *wink wink (are leagues fair...)

DeletedUser34480

Thank you for ability to coordinate in GBG! Very sleek implementation!!!
I still wish we could see who's working on which sector, but upcoming improvements are elevating the most of pain!

On new levels, I'm joining a camp of those asking for +1 fp for the last level.

DeletedUser34480

I am superbly annoyed by all those new, 2-3 members guilds!!!
It's too easy to have the same age players for them, same age goods then -- and they can build Palaces even on a darn level 3!

Dominator - X

It seems like the effect of taking 1st swings a guild up too high, and then they finish low, which puts them back down. I'm not sure if there is a smoother way to match guilds by strength. The rankings, and thus MMR points, don't take into account the difference in VPs between guilds at the end of a season. That means that if a guild wins their group narrowly and another guild wins theirs by a huge margin, they gain the same number of MMR points. I know that if our guild is pretty much locked into a ranking spot we tend to stop playing because the margin doesn't matter. Maybe that could be taken into account in the rankings. It will be nice to see each guild's "LP" though. Good addition.

The province indicators will be a huge help too, espeically as a guild leader. One of our biggest issues is coordinating targets and provinces to avoid.
As someone who agrees with liking the indicators, I am not fooling myself that this will stop the rogues from going off and doing whatever they choose. This will aid those who don't look for the target thread before battling and it will also "at least" take away the excuse of "Oh, sorry, I didn't know where we were focused on" or "I forgot to look before going in". So now, we can do more than just tell the rogue to stop. Now, we can tell them to "Knock it the h*** off NOW or be removed" ;~}

I love new tools.