• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Progress

Kranyar the Mysterious

Typical Innogames rah-rah garbage guys. You make excuses for their failure to correct obvious issues and defned their position whether right or wrong (and I suspect in many cases for compensation).

The bottom line is that nothing I asked for is unrealistic or out of line. I did it respectfully as a fan of the game. And I get stuff like this ...

Let me clue you in. Me and my team opeate 30 guilds in FOE. Yes you read that right. 22 Worlds -- and over 2000 people in our guilds and affiliates. We've been doing it since 2015. I am no idiot guys. And I have direct reports come to me about how many, many, many people in this game feel. I am a good customer as well - I puot my m,oney where my moutn is with Inno. My opinions matter as much as anyone else's.

Follow your own rules so-called "forum moderators" and "well-known members". BE RESPECTFUL AND SAVE THE INSULTS. If you cannotdo that then quit and let someone else do a better job. Carrying the water for Inno is one thing -- shutting down respectful, legitimate discussion of one's concerns through condescension and outright insulting language is quite another. There are other places to spend my time and money.

~MikeJ
Of course if you had posted this in the correct thread created just for your feedback, and where this issue has been debated, dissected, and argued ad infinitum, people might be more respectful. Many of us are flat out tired of hearing this crap on every random thread.

In addition, forum mods are players too, and are allowed to express their views just like anyone else. Don't like it, report him, lol :eek:

Last edited:

barra370804

Follow your own rules so-called "forum moderators" and "well-known members". BE RESPECTFUL AND SAVE THE INSULTS. If you cannotdo that then quit and let someone else do a better job. Carrying the water for Inno is one thing -- shutting down respectful, legitimate discussion of one's concerns through condescension and outright insulting language is quite another. There are other places to spend my time and money.
I don't know if @Graviton is still counting, but this is at least the 15th time someone has brought your idea up. We didn't like it the first time, and now we HATE it because it comes up so often. A lot of forum regulars get frustrated when new members to the forum come in, share their brilliant idea that we've heard 50 times already, and then disappear without a trace.

RazorbackPirate

Typical Innogames rah-rah garbage guys. You make excuses for their failure to correct obvious issues and defend their position whether right or wrong (and I suspect in many cases for compensation).

The bottom line is that nothing I asked for is unrealistic or out of line. I did it respectfully as a fan of the game. And I get stuff like this ...

Let me clue you in. Me and my team operate 30 guilds in FOE. Yes you read that right. 22 Worlds -- and over 2000 people in our guilds and affiliates. We've been doing it since 2015. I am no idiot guys. And I have direct reports come to me about how many, many, many people in this game feel. I am a good customer as well - I put my money where my mouth is with Inno. My opinions matter as much as anyone else's.

Follow your own rules so-called "forum moderators" and "well-known members". BE RESPECTFUL AND SAVE THE INSULTS. If you cannot do that then quit and let someone else do a better job. Carrying the water for Inno is one thing -- shutting down respectful, legitimate discussion of one's concerns through condescension and outright insulting language is quite another. There are other places to spend my time and money.
All this is nice, but it's your issue to solve. Full stop. There is no argument you can make that will make those of us opposed to more tools and controls change our mind. Every guild confronts these same issues, every guild needs to solve them within the existing framework of tools. Some guilds have done so quite successfully, other guilds, not so much. Those guilds that have solved these issues now have the competitive advantage over guilds who have not. As it should be.

If other guilds can successfully organize without additional tools and controls, why can't you? Why should those guilds who have successfully organized with only the tools provided risk that advantage? If you can't succeed within the framework provided and others can, you deserve to lose. Only a fool would support your cause.

It also sounds like with GBG, you and your team have outgrown your ability to manage 30 guilds on 22 worlds with over 2,000 members in guilds and affiliates. While that may work within the framework provided in GvG, it sounds like it doesn't work within the framework provided in GBG. If it did, you wouldn't be here asking for Inno to change the framework, would you?

Those of us in guilds who have overcome the organizational issues surrounding GBG with only the tools provided, stand opposed to more tools and controls for guilds like yours who have not. If 30 guilds on 22 worlds with 2,000+ members now puts you all at a disadvantage in Battlegrounds, so be it.

DeletedUser36572

Let me clue you in. Me and my team opeate 30 guilds in FOE. Yes you read that right. 22 Worlds -- and over 2000 people in our guilds and affiliates. We've been doing it since 2015. I am no idiot guys. And I have direct reports come to me about how many, many, many people in this game feel. I am a good customer as well - I puot my m,oney where my moutn is with Inno. My opinions matter as much as anyone else's.

~MikeJ

Your opinion concerning what is condescending, valid, crucial, legitimate, obvious, respectful, insulting or whatever other self serving description you would like to use ... Is in no way a substitute for critical thinking that starts with the assumption your own ideas are inferior ... And how many people agree with you, is irrelevant to that as well.

The Good People Of My Empire
Don’t Care How You Feel

Graviton

I don't know if @Graviton is still counting...

Nah, I stopped counting pretty shortly after I started. I guess you've called my bluff. I think 15 might be high, but not by much.

I'm just amused 'cause this isn't a feedback thread.

You remember? The topic of this thread? Discussing how your Guilds are doing in GBG, not your opinions on what GBG should be?

If only INNO provided a thread for such things. Oh. Wait. They did.

The bottom line is that nothing I asked for is unrealistic or out of line. I did it respectfully as a fan of the game.

Okay, but you did it in the wrong place. You already argued your points in the feedback thread. If you feel the need, do so there again. As the OP asked just one page back:

Please don't turn this thread into that argument.

The Lady Redneck

Anyway as to how the guilds I am in are doing in GBG. I am in a mix of guilds. In one GvG is the main thing. In a couple of others it is GE. A couple more do a little of all three. Those guilds go from Silver to gold and back and are happy with that. Only one is more heavily into GBG. But in all of the guilds no-one is forced to do any more GBG than they personally want to. In the GBG guild I am in, when it first started there was a problem with to many just jumping in and we were having flags springing up all over the place. It did not take any heavy handed tactics on behalf of management. Simply "Hey Guys we are not going to get anywhere if we do not get ourselves organized. Let's hear your suggestions". Things were discussed and each member now sets their own level of participation and style of play. The only rule is one that was suggested by the members. that management has the responsibility of keeping the GBG thread up to date with what sector we should focus on, then which to follow on with. We did try making alliances but found that they tended to fall appart because of heavy handed methods of the other guilds. So now we go it alone And we are sitting quite comfortably in Platinum League for now.

Last edited:

MagicRamses

And what are they supposed to do with those trusted rights?

And that is relevant to trusted rights because ....????

NOT AGAIN!!!!!

Only thing stupid is players not being able to organize their guild!

Yes please do! As soon as possible!

You are recruiting guild leaders????

No wonder you are having problems.
Every Guild needs to have leaders in order to progress in the game.

DeletedUser

Let me clue you in. Me and my team opeate 30 guilds in FOE. Yes you read that right. 22 Worlds -- and over 2000 people in our guilds and affiliates. We've been doing it since 2015. I am no idiot guys. And I have direct reports come to me about how many, many, many people in this game feel.
Impressive. And yet...you come to a thread about GBG results and post feedback. And not just any feedback, but feedback that has already been hashed and re-hashed for weeks on the actual feedback thread (and, unfortunately, on random other threads like this one). You'd think with all your experience, knowledge and connections, you would know that this is a highly unpopular subject here on the Forum. How would you feel if a random player came into one of your guilds and started posting on guild threads about some highly sensitive subject that your guild had already hashed out at length previously? How respectful would you be if the fact that it had already been hashed out was obvious to even the most casual observer, but this new member ignored all evidence of this? And how "respectful" would you be if this was the latest in a string of players who just come in to bring up this sensitive subject and then disappear again, basically being of no benefit to the guild, only stirring up trouble for their own benefit?

Because that's our perspective as Forum regulars. I, for one, have seen this pattern here for as long as you've been operating your guilds, since 2015. Various different topics, but the pattern is the same. Players come to the Forum because they have this "great idea" to make the (really, their) game better, or because there is something in the game that they can't figure out how to deal with. And they don't bother familiarizing themselves with the Forum, they just plunge right in as soon as they can figure out how to post or start a thread. Most get very resentful when the simple genius of their idea isn't fully embraced by Forum regulars. Very, very few take constructive negative feedback well. Very, very few accept the many valid reasons given to them that their idea isn't the best thing since sliced bread. Rare is the gem that says something like, "Okay, I see now how my idea won't work/isn't necessary/is bad for the game."

As far as people here being compensated in some way, the only ones that get anything are the volunteer moderators. And what we get is a pittance of in-game currency. And what do I/we do for that pittance? I spend hours upon hours weekly reading posts, handling reports, answering questions, explaining my actions to disgruntled posters in private conversations, not to mention being attacked verbally all the time by players. Usually because my opinion differs from theirs.

So now I've clued you in. You're welcome.

Agent327

Every Guild needs to have leaders in order to progress in the game.

Every guild can appoint leaders. They can do so from the start of the game in 2012.

How would you feel if a random player came into one of your guilds and started posting on guild threads about some highly sensitive subject that your guild had already hashed out at length previously? How respectful would you be if the fact that it had already been hashed out was obvious to even the most casual observer, but this new member ignored all evidence of this? And how "respectful" would you be if this was the latest in a string of players who just come in to bring up this sensitive subject and then disappear again, basically being of no benefit to the guild, only stirring up trouble for their own benefit?

He would do what you do.

Delete it.

Algona

I have direct reports come to me about how many, many, many people in this game feel.

But are you telling us what they are telling you?

Looked to see what worlds your 5 highest ranked MSG cities are in.

A note here for the other readers. Those cites range in RP from 7 M to 2 M.

Then looked at the MMR of those branches of MSG. 416, 525, 474, 386, 502.

MSG doesn't seem to be very heavy into GBG. Logs sure as hell are not gonna suddenly change MSG into serious GBG contenders because your player base isn't deeply committed to GBG.

But that's to be expected, you designed MSG that way.

The two MSG Guild descriptions I can read describe MSG as relaxed. This is born out by those two Guilds both placing in GEC less then half the time, with neither having over 25 Gold places. GBG performances confirms the relaxed attitude as well..

The regimentation, the meticulous assurance that all Guildies are doing exactly what they should be doing in GBG, the very reasons for wanting logs is antithetical to the happy relaxed friendly MSG Guilds and their 2000 members you've spent five years building.

Which leaves me wondering why you want logs so much.

----------

Turns out I have a little bit of experience with MSG.

Back in the good ol' Peddling days (mid 2018) I spent a week with MSG.

It was a good experience. A fine Guild, 50ish players, a decent GE record, learned some cool things, taught some things, met some nice people, leadership were good folk. Got my 64 GE in, didn't have to ask it be opened, a fine market, sold some GB Goods. If I ever go back on the road will happily stop in again.

A couple of MSGers joined my home Guild when they were looking for a more dynamic Guild. Good players, happy to have them. We're a relaxed Guild too, but we do OK. 99 GEC Gold 4th ranked MMR (but dropping see my previous post), 12th rank Prestige despite not having any GE or GBG requirements.

Still stay in touch with some of the folk I met, deal with them regularly. There are also a couple regular forum posters who are from MSG. Pretty sure you haven't talked to them about GBG logs.

It still leaves me wondering why you want logs so much.

----------

Well, there is that other city, the one not in an MSG Guild. The one with 68 M RP.

Bingo.

That city is in a hardcore GBG Guild, MMR 813, 7th ranked on Jaimis in MMR, 4th ranked in Prestige. . Impressive!

That explains it all, doesn't it?

I don't have a problem with you wanting logs. I understand why it is so desirable tor so many top notch long term GvG Guilds to want GBG logs.

But I'm gonna cry dooky though regarding the disingenuous quote at the top of this post. You haven't polled your 2000 MSG Guildiess about GBG logs. You don't dare tell them that you want it for your non-MSG city.

Prolly a good thing MSG is relaxed. If you tried that stunt otherwise, pretending to speak for 2000 people to get something that they don't want or need or would use for your private (from their perspective) benefit you'd get crucified.

My apologies for going off topic.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

How do you find a guild's MMR?
To quote @dontwannaname "First, calculate how much prestige your guild gains from GvG - that's the sum of all the Daily Power from each map. Subtract that from your total prestige. Also subtract the prestige you gain from guild level. Then divide by 18. That's your MMR."

Also, this BG has gone really well. In platinum, but we partnered with another guild and we took the north, they took the south. After a rough start we have the entire map basically taken over, to the point where we are swapping sectors to give our fighters something to do to get rewards.

DeletedUser3485

GBG can be a bit of a joke when one guild has 76 members blasting away at sectors while they compete against guilds with 7-8-9 members. Kind of makes it a ridiculous contest. May as well just award them the win and be done with it.

Algona

GBG can be a bit of a joke when one guild has 76 members blasting away at sectors while they compete against guilds with 7-8-9 members. Kind of makes it a ridiculous contest. May as well just award them the win and be done with it.

One of my worlds has a mid platinum Guild of 2 players. I see there is a one (1!) member Guild in mid Platinum in your world with 120 more MMR then your Guild. I doubt they spend much time worrying about being up against Guilds 5. 10, 40 times their size.

It's not all about the size of the dog in the fight, it's also about the size of the fight in the dog.

----------

You might as well get used to the consequences of your Guild's successes. When you take first like last BG, you will always get get a huge bump in MMR. This time it pushed you into low Platinum and you're facing Guilds that may have

1 - Lost badly in their mid or upper Platinum previous BG.
2 - Belong in low Platinum or high Gold
3 - Won big in their mid Gold previous BG.

1 - means that Guild could have lost up to 175 MMR the BG before 3 - means that Guild could have won up to 175 MMR the BG before.

1 - and 3 - happening in the same BG means Guilds can be matched up that had differences of 350 MMR the previous BG.

----------

There's a lot of factors that can contribute to wild swings like that.

The previous BG record of your oppostion. Are they playing above or below their norm?

Guild membership changes, gaining or losing even a few good GBGers in a moderately active large Guild can make a huge difference in performance, causing rapid changes in MMR. More on that a bit later.

Guilds might intentionally tank a BG as a form of R&R, causing a large loss of MMR but setting up their next BG against much weaker opponents.

----------

One of my Guilds was middling Gold when I joined. About the same time 3 other active GBGers also joined. We finished 1 and 3 in the next two GBs gaining 250 MMR putting us in mid Platinum At which point 2 of those players left the Guild. Our next competition was against a Guild that was in Diamond the BG before but had lost out putting them in mid Platinum.

We're getting smothered. We'll drop back into mid or high Gold for a while until we can train up or recruit some more good GBGers.

Size. Quality. Activity.

You've chosen to keep your Guild much the same size since you first complained about being matched up against bigger Guilds. Even though you've got quality members your Guild will keep getting torn up by bigger Guilds that have more quality active players. When you get matched against them.

As I said before, it's not all about the size of the dog in the fight, it's also about the size of the fight in the dog.

But having the biggest meanest dog with the most fight in it is bestest.

Meanwhile on topic:

Two Guilds now in Diamond through wildly different means. One is crammed full of bloodthirsty fighters who don't deal with anyone, the other uses diplomacy to achieve success. The Platinum Guild is referenced above.