• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Progress

Lord Lilbit

The battlegrounds will die off soon enough, with INNO removing the option to get 200 goods from GE (or they lowered the odds of getting it) no one but those who pay their way will have enough goods to participate. Snap out of it INNO.

UBERhelp1

The battlegrounds will die off soon enough, with INNO removing the option to get 200 goods from GE (or they lowered the odds of getting it) no one but those who pay their way will have enough goods to participate. Snap out of it INNO.
So the only way people get goods is from GE? Also, I haven't gotten the 200 goods for a long time and still do fine, so I guess this doesn't matter. Also, what about fighters?

RazorbackPirate

I love how people who can't figure out how to play the game effectively continually come here to complain it's only pay to play who can succeed and the demise of the game is just around the corner. Yet despite all the prognostications to the contrary, FoE continues to grow, Inno continues to make record profits.

Then there's folks like me who make over 1,000 goods daily without the use of goods buildings. Only diamonds I've ever spent are the ones I've earned for free, just for playing the game well.

Get with the program @Lord Lilbit.

Salsuero

Dude, I spend way more than 200 goods daily on GBg... how many of these relics do you think I need before I quit in shame? LOL You really need to get better at the game instead of complaining because the game isn't easy enough for you.

DeletedUser37581

Since the beginning of season 4, I have received the following rewards for completing encounters in Battlegrounds on my main world:
Fragments: 219
Attack boosts: 16
Unitsx5: 18 (90 total)
Goodsx50: 16 (800 total)
FPsx10: 161 (1610 total)
Diamondsx25: 9 (225 total)

PS: The odds of getting 200 goods in GE haven't changed at all.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Wait, what? I just got the 200 goods twice today in GE on my main. Think you are wrong there. Besides, I go through several thousand goods a day in GBG, almost none of which come from GE, and without paying one red cent. And my goods supply isn't shrinking either. Go figure...

GBG dying? Nope. Just more doomsday soothsaying from those who don't know how to use the strategy in a strategy game.

DeletedUser3485

Quite honestly, Battle grounds isn't worth time time or goods for the rewards that are offered from 1st to 5th. I won't even get started on the imbalance of the guilds that are pitted against each other each week. Thanks, Inno. you can keep it.

Vger

Quite honestly, Battle grounds isn't worth time time or goods for the rewards that are offered from 1st to 5th. I won't even get started on the imbalance of the guilds that are pitted against each other each week. Thanks, Inno. you can keep it.
Like other features in this game, GBG isn't for everyone. Settlements certainly aren't for everyone. Neither is GE. And GvG? LOL. Events? Lots of players never bother starting much less finishing them.

For me, GBG is worth the time and resources. And it's fun. For you, it's neither. So I'll continue on with GBG. You don't have to.
But, yes, I certainly agree that INNO should keep it!

RazorbackPirate

If you're playing GBG for the guild rewards earned from 1st to 5th, you've clearly missed the benefits of GBG. I earn 150+ fragments during a single round. Then there's the hundreds of FPs, goods, and a couple dozen diamonds as well.

Those are the personal participation awards which only get bigger the higher your league. But you do have to personally participate to earn them.

DeletedUser32973

So with the limit removed on attrition does that apply to goods too? I think the old cap was 20 goods. I've been stopped at 102 with fighting so I can't see what's beyond without spending an absurd amount of goods negotiating.
Edit: Looks like it's removed for both. Not sure that change was necessary

Last edited by a moderator:

BruteForceAttack

So with the limit removed on attrition does that apply to goods too? I think the old cap was 20 goods. I've been stopped at 102 with fighting so I can't see what's beyond without spending an absurd amount of goods negotiating.

New max is 150 attrition which will require 60 goods

DeletedUser37581

The new caps are reached at 150 attrition: 12,000% boost/60x.

Flavius Belisarius

GBG is GREAT!
You don't have to coordinate attacks like GVG.
Guilds can negotiate/battle on their schedule.
Everyone can get reward from actions.
You can negotiate with other Guilds.
Overall, it strenghtens Guilds because of the need to focus AND participate.
The Guild Rewards are great for advancing Guild Levels!
Ironclaw in Tuulech likes it!

Algona

Rugnir Guild, Gold, grabbed the center and never lost it. Walstrand Guild, Gold, used diplomacy and the luck of being on the opposite side of the aggro Guild to grab a solid third.

MK Guild, Platinum, got shoved up into Diamond against 4 of the top 10 Guilds in the world. After about 8 days the 1, 2 ,3 slots were pretty much assured. Our Guild is fighting against another Guild to not be last.

So naturally all five Guilds are still slicing back and forth across the map. Folk gotta burn attrit and the bottom two Guilds are going at it hard still. The map has been absolute chaos all season, I couldn't guess how many hundreds of Siege Towers were Diamonded, and every Gui,ld has gone from 100 VP per hour to 1500 per hour and back multiple times. The four/five positions may not decide until after the last attrit reset.

Absolute insanity and about as much fun as I have ever had in game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser32973

The new caps are reached at 150 attrition: 12,000% boost/60x.

Wow someone must have spent a lot of goods to see that. Or fought a bunch of 8 steel warden battles in SAM. I assumed there was no cap anymore...though with those numbers there might as well not be one.

DeletedUser

So on three of my worlds I am a solo guild. On each one of those three I took exactly one sector while no other guild took any. In each case, I have now moved up to the next higher league. While I kind of understand the two that were in Copper Leagues (not really, but), I do not understand the one that was in Silver moving up to Gold. Have that many guilds just stopped doing BattleGrounds alreaady?!?

Kranyar the Mysterious

So on three of my worlds I am a solo guild. On each one of those three I took exactly one sector while no other guild took any. In each case, I have now moved up to the next higher league. While I kind of understand the two that were in Copper Leagues (not really, but), I do not understand the one that was in Silver moving up to Gold. Have that many guilds just stopped doing BattleGrounds alreaady?!?
Could be.

I switched guilds on MK a couple of weeks ago from a guild I have been in for 2 years and decided to do some looking around.

2 years ago when I was guild hopping I would hit up a lot of large guilds (50-80 members) every week in my search for prints.

In the day before I joined my new guild a couple of weeks ago I decided to go guild hopping again. I went through the whole list of guilds with 20 or more members in short order, and I was shocked at how many less guilds with a lot of members there were compared to 2 years ago.

There were also a lot of guilds set to invite only in the 20-40 range that were low ranked and pretty much dead (from looking a few of the guilds' members up on foestats). That surprised me too.