• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Progress

DevaCat

Good grief, no such intention, enough of that elsewhere. Simply an observation illustrating why this is a strategy and not a bug.

time4coffee

The battlegrounds will die off soon enough, with INNO removing the option to get 200 goods from GE (or they lowered the odds of getting it) no one but those who pay their way will have enough goods to participate. Snap out of it INNO.
I have mostly given up on GE for GBG. The rewards may be given more sparingly but are usually worth while. Even with a temple of relics, lord you get the same relics over and over.

time4coffee

Quite honestly, Battle grounds isn't worth time time or goods for the rewards that are offered from 1st to 5th. I won't even get started on the imbalance of the guilds that are pitted against each other each week. Thanks, Inno. you can keep it.
I have to agree there. Everytime we play there are always one or 2 teams who don't do anything, not even plant a flag and bam, 100k+ crowns just for being there (in silver league) first place is maybe 50k more. I like GBG but make it so the fight is worthwhile. Top 3 get good rewards and have them lower significantly after that.
I'd especially like to see that a team who wins no provinces, get nothing. If you aren't going to play, you don't deserve rewards.

The fct of people not playing has gotten my guild bumped to the gold league 2x and bumped back to silver because we did soooo well against competitors where 5 of them did nothing and we put in a little effort.

DeletedUser

I have to agree there. Everytime we play there are always one or 2 teams who don't do anything, not even plant a flag and bam, 100k+ crowns just for being there (in silver league) first place is maybe 50k more. I like GBG but make it so the fight is worthwhile. Top 3 get good rewards and have them lower significantly after that.
I'd especially like to see that a team who wins no provinces, get nothing. If you aren't going to play, you don't deserve rewards.
From the Announcement FAQ post:

• Why inactive guilds are gaining rewards as well?
    • They're not! A guild that is too inactive will get no rewards at all. They have to do a certain amount of actions to be eligible for the reward.

Algona

An interesting trio of results.

The Rugnir Guild that took first last time is gonna finish 7th or 8th, we never got out of the gate. Walstrand moved up to Platinum and reached an early agreement t take third and will do so.

On MK... Still in Platinum. Someone in the Feedback thread (I think) wanted nonrandomized Build sites because their starting position had so few nearby.

We got that. No near Provinces had multiple build spots. And we were off to the races! For last place. We just couldn't get any traction. Then about Monday it hit. Some of the folk in the Guild just started fighting and are still fighting. We've climbed from 6th out of 7 to a solid 2nd. We won't catch first, and we might lose our lead for second (doubtful we're still fighting and have a lead of 153K to 123K) bur ir will be up in the air for another 12-24 hours.

Time to go back to the fighting.

Emberguard

An interesting trio of results.

The Rugnir Guild that took first last time is gonna finish 7th or 8th, we never got out of the gate. Walstrand moved up to Platinum and reached an early agreement t take third and will do so.

On MK... Still in Platinum. Someone in the Feedback thread (I think) wanted nonrandomized Build sites because their starting position had so few nearby.

We got that. No near Provinces had multiple build spots. And we were off to the races! For last place. We just couldn't get any traction. Then about Monday it hit. Some of the folk in the Guild just started fighting and are still fighting. We've climbed from 6th out of 7 to a solid 2nd. We won't catch first, and we might lose our lead for second (doubtful we're still fighting and have a lead of 153K to 123K) bur ir will be up in the air for another 12-24 hours.

Time to go back to the fighting.
Similar story here. Moved guilds. Was in the bottom positions for most of it. Now we're gonna get 3rd. Not going to bother going for 2nd or 1st as the resources wouldn't be worth the effort unless we can siege camp it.

barra370804

We had actually battled Followers of Christ the previous round, and they got first that time.
Weirdly, our Guild was in first and remained in Gold. I know it has something to do with MMR, but still...
Yeah, this will be our first season where we are (officially) in platinum. There was one week where we were in gold but we were in a platinum battlefield.
I would prefer to forget that week.

Algona

Mk managed to rally from sixth to finish second and stay in Platinum. Walstrand finished third and stayed in Platinum. I quit my guild in Rugnir, not because of a lack of GBG performance but for other reasons. Tough, i'd been there 2.5 years New adventure awaits in Rugnir on Thursday..

Kranyar the Mysterious

My guild placed third in our gold league round, and we moved up to platinum. Strange.
View attachment 15266
Your guild obviously started the last GBG within 25, 50, or 75 MMR away from being in Platinum league (depending on the number of opponents you faced - 6, 7, or 8), and placing third gave you enough additional MMR to move up.

Edit: Looks like you faced eight opponents since 595 + 75 = 670 = Platinum league with 19 to spare

Superman1977

My question is:
Why can't we get a trusted button for GBG like we have for GvG. We can keep members from going rogue in GvG, but we can't in GBG. Why Inno why
Seems like that would be an easy fix. You already have a button for members to be able to build and delete buildings in GBG. Why not a trusted rights button too

Last edited:

DeletedUser

My question is:
Why can't we get a trusted button for GBG like we have for GvG. We can keep members from going rogue in GvG, but we can't in GBG. Why Inno why
Seems like that would be an easy fix. You already have a button for members to be able to build and delete buildings in GBG. Why not a trusted rights button too
The trusted button in GvG is for things that cost the guild in goods. The only thing in GBG that costs guild goods is buildings, so that's the only "button" they provided. It's entirely consistent.
1. It is absolutely too expensive for most players. Both in Diamonds needed for negotiating and goods/troops it is absolutely BRUTAL on lower end players. Honestly, it's not worth their time playing. Smaller guilds may get rewards even if mostly inactive, but they can simply NEVER win based on the way the engine pairs guilds in the competition. I watched one map where three guilds had 4-8 members each against monster guilds with 75+. That is plain wrong.
I beg to differ. Using Siege Camps wisely and having a greater percentage of active players allows smaller guilds to compete against many larger guilds. Not the top ones, of course, but there are many large guilds that lack the leadership, participation, dedication or wisdom to compete efficiently. While a larger guild will almost always win if all things are equal, we all know that frequently all things are not equal.
2. Innogames needs to give Guild Leaders control options for limiting unwanted sieges. This thing is the wild west. Any member can literally destroy a guild's strategy at the click of a mouse, any time without the guild leadership even knowing it happened. That is plain stupid. Make the ablility to siege part of your TRUSTED flag. Simple - easy - problem solved.
That would be inconsistent with how Inno does rights in FoE. Rights in guild competition features like GvG, GE and now GBG are always based on actions that cost the guild goods from the Treasury. GvG: Setting sieges and unlocking DA slots. GE: Unlocking levels 2-4. GBG: Constructing buildings on sectors. Those are the things that cost the guild in goods, and those are the things that require certain rights within the guild. Completely consistent.
(and that of your rah-rahs in this and other places) and look at this from the perspective of a CUSTOMER (or at least a potential one).
The "rah-rahs" in this and other places are also CUSTOMERS (and not "potential" ones, whatever that means).

Agent327

My question is:

And what are they supposed to do with those trusted rights?

Amen to that Superman. There are two basic problems I have with GBG ...

1. It is absolutely too expensive for most players. Both in Diamonds needed for negotiating and goods/troops it is absolutely BRUTAL on lower end players. Honestly, it's not worth their time playing. Smaller guilds may get rewards even if mostly inactive, but they can simply NEVER win based on the way the engine pairs guilds in the competition. I watched one map where three guilds had 4-8 members each against monster guilds with 75+. That is plain wrong.

And that is relevant to trusted rights because ....????

2. Innogames needs to give Guild Leaders control options for limiting unwanted sieges. This thing is the wild west. Any member can literally destroy a guild's strategy at the click of a mouse, any time without the guild leadership even knowing it happened. That is plain stupid. Make the ablility to siege part of your TRUSTED flag. Simple - easy - problem solved.

NOT AGAIN!!!!!

Only thing stupid is players not being able to organize their guild!

Innogames I love ya - I really do. You get it right so much more often than you get it wrong. But do us all a favor ... LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS once in a while. Quit drinking your own Kool-Aid (and that of your rah-rahs in this and other places) and look at this from the perspective of a CUSTOMER (or at least a potential one). Nobody is going to throw $100 a week at you for diamonds to win GBG. If all you cater to are the "credit card bullies" of the game, in the end you will lose revenue as people simply stop playing.

Yes please do! As soon as possible!

And for God's sake, STOP ADDING RESPONSIBILITIES TO GUILD LEADERS with all these new features. Some of them are wonderful but please ... please ... please ... dial it down a little eh? It is becoming impossible to recruit and retain new guild leaders. You are making the game WORK for them, not fun. Guild management is your free labor Inno. Show them some love and back off a bit eh?

You are recruiting guild leaders????

No wonder you are having problems.

The Lady Redneck

Instead of implementing ways of allowing Guild Leaders to become dictators. I wish INNO would make it so someone could not start a guild until they had served a given period of time in an established guild and learned the ropes from those who do have game experience. So that they could in turn LEAD the guild they eventually start and advise their members instead of blaming INNO for their ignorance of the game.

DeletedUser36572

Amen to that Superman. There are two basic problems I have with GBG ...

Low level players in Guilds with higher level players have just as much, if not more advantage as anyone else. An Iron Age player with BA and IA Goods supplied by a higher Aged player (or group of players) and supported by Buildings placed properly on captured territory ... Can effectively capture 5-10 (depending on League) Provinces on the map, with 2000 each Low Aged Goods, without spending Diamonds.

Instead of trying to figure out how the game must be broken, figure out the strategy that provides for better, or more cost effective, results.

Edit:
A Guild’s ability to recruit more players, properly supply them, properly support them, communicate and execute an effective campaign ... Is Not A System Concern

There are attempts to barter with an ability Guild Leaders don’t have (the ability to enforce Alliances within their own organization) with a power that they have not been granted ... Get a clue.

Look In The Mirror
For Answers

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36572

Instead of implementing ways of allowing Guild Leaders to become dictators. I wish INNO would make it so someone could not start a guild until they had served a given period of time in an established guild and learned the ropes from those who do have game experience. So that they could in turn LEAD the guild they eventually start and advise their members instead of blaming INNO for their ignorance of the game.

A lot of desires expressed by some players, support the idea of Guilds leveraging the resources and abilities they don’t have, through Alliances with other Guilds during Battlegrounds.

It’s not the obligation of the game, or other Guilds, to support an effort to make that more possible and effective. I personally don’t want them to win, and would rather my enemy lose when they are too ill equipped, lack proper communication and cannot succeed without leveraging what an Alliance with another Guild can provide.

I mean we cannot stop Guilds from becoming Allies, but we don’t have to support the idea of making it any easier on them to beat us.

Come To Win

Algona

Meanwhile on topic:

You remember? The topic of this thread? Discussing how your Guilds are doing in GBG, not your opinions on what GBG should be?

If only INNO provided a thread for such things. Oh. Wait. They did.

On MK Platinum Guild fighting, err, I mean getting whupped in, Diamond. We'll take 5 of 5. Congrats to Kranyar and their Guild they are battling hard for top spot.

New Gold Guild on Rugnir is taking second after an easy first last time out. We're lower Gold, the battling is at a slow pace, instead of grabbing a half dozen Provinces in hours, most Guilds take 1 a day.

Platinum Guild on Walstrand is gonna take second, might take first. That has been a huge windfall for my EMA city scoring buckets of FPs.

Folks if you are in newer cities, get into a GBG competitive Guild. The payoff for building up GBG capability is enormous.