• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter DeletedUser37581
  • Start date

RazorbackPirate

I know this has been answered somewhere, but danged if I can find it again.

How are the home positions of each guild determined on the map? I know it's in order by MMR, but

What is the first position filled?
Is it filled buy the highest or lowest MMR?
Does it then proceed clockwise, or counterclockwise from the first position?

RazorbackPirate

GBG Guild Prestige Rewards are rendering GVG useless.
Our Guild ent from 41to 91.
We Used to be top 20 before GBG.
I would not say the Prestige from GvG is useless, but it is clear that any guild that does not also compete effectively in GBG will no longer be a top 20 guild.

DeletedUser39239

Does anyone know how the league sizes are determined? For example, in Y, there is one Diamond and I believe fourteen platinum guilds. I know that four plat will move up to Diamond, but what happens to the remaining ten? Two leagues of five going for lowest common denominator? Or will Inno try to create the largest league possible with 8 plat, then another of 2 plat and three gold? I’m thinking lowest common denominator, but can anyone confirm that?

And if it is lowest common denominator, what would happen in the case of eleven remaining plat guilds 6 and 5, or 5 and 6?
Thanks for the input!

DeletedUser37581

Does anyone know how the league sizes are determined? For example, in Y, there is one Diamond and I believe fourteen platinum guilds. I know that four plat will move up to Diamond, but what happens to the remaining ten? Two leagues of five going for lowest common denominator? Or will Inno try to create the largest league possible with 8 plat, then another of 2 plat and three gold? I’m thinking lowest common denominator, but can anyone confirm that?

And if it is lowest common denominator, what would happen in the case of eleven remaining plat guilds 6 and 5, or 5 and 6?
Thanks for the input!
The algorithm will attempt to create battlefields with only guilds that are in the same league. You are correct that 4 platinum guilds will be elevated to join the single diamond guild to form a battlefield with the minimum of 5 guilds on a battlefield. The remaining 10 platinum guilds will form two battlefields of 5 guilds each.

If there had been 11 remaining platinum guilds, they would have split 6 in platinum-1 and 5 in platinum-2.

DeletedUser39239

The algorithm will attempt to create battlefields with only guilds that are in the same league. You are correct that 4 platinum guilds will be elevated to join the single diamond guild to form a battlefield with the minimum of 5 guilds on a battlefield. The remaining 10 platinum guilds will form two battlefields of 5 guilds each.

If there had been 11 remaining platinum guilds, they would have split 6 in platinum-1 and 5 in platinum-2.

Thank you, this is very helpful!!!

DeletedUser34827

Where can I find my guilds MMR so I know if I want to spend resources to keep from dropping to a lower league or to be able to move up to a higher league if I’m close. I understand how the ranking system works I just don’t know exactly what my guilds MMR is currently

DeletedUser37581

Where can I find my guilds MMR so I know if I want to spend resources to keep from dropping to a lower league or to be able to move up to a higher league if I’m close. I understand how the ranking system works I just don’t know exactly what my guilds MMR is currently
MMR values are posted for each world after each season in each world's Drama section of the forum.

DeletedUser15434

Recently clicked on a province in guild battlegrounds and beside points/hr was 86 +65. What does the +65 mean?

UBERhelp1

Recently clicked on a province in guild battlegrounds and beside points/hr was 86 +65. What does the +65 mean?
There are buildings on that province that give it additional victory points (so a mix of banners, statues, or palaces).

Super Catanian

There are buildings on that province that give it additional victory points (so a mix of banners, statues, or palaces).
According to my calculations, it appears to just be a single Palace. Those are rare to see in the GBG seasons I've been in; only seen a Palace like one, and it was owned by one of the top GvG Guilds of O-world as well.

DeletedUser15434

OK thanks, so are those points only applied at the top of the hour because after taking the province I saw that the normal 85/hr were added immediately but not the 65?