• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition Championship Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

Let us know what you think here in the comments and enjoy this new addition to the Guild Expeditions!

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser9433

If the same sorting algorithm is used as in neighborhood realignment the forum complaint section will be on fire!

DeletedUser25431

Why is it these on-line games always try to force people into group guilds, chat rooms, etc.?

The notion that a guild must have at least 3 members to be included in these championships is typical of this subtle Stalinist, Hitler on ice, hive-minded agenda.

Some people just want to play the game, not drink the social networking Kool-Aid, or wear the social networking Nike's, or put up with the generation that's destroyed our culture and our world, which does.

Obviously, us one Man guilds are clearly discriminated against for that reason.

Also, don't forget the vast numbers of people who play this game on a normal PC or Mac and who would never be so naive as to even own a digital leash (dumb-phone).

DeletedUser15042

Why is it that people who play FREE games always complain when a company who HAS EXPENSES wants to ind a way to make more money?

No one is forcing you to participate in this new extension of the game. It is not neccesary to do it, so just don't do it if you are that against it.

I find it hilarious that you seem so against social interaction online, but are posting in a forum.

DeletedUser26854

I think that will be a very good idea to have championships like to see just how high anyone can get to certain or any levels of the game :)

DeletedUser19398

Would B nice 2 try maybe an Individual type GE Championship an see Who actually Gets highest % of wins/Points :)

DeletedUser14197

So, GE has made it so that if one doesn't do GE, than you are costing your guild goods if they open up levels 2 and 3. My question is this, does this new feature also cause people to become more of a burden to the guild if they do not do GE?

DeletedUser8152

So, GE has made it so that if one doesn't do GE, than you are costing your guild goods if they open up levels 2 and 3. My question is this, does this new feature also cause people to become more of a burden to the guild if they do not do GE?
No, it is the same afaik.

DeletedUser22004

I consider it a really good idea for those who are very active :cool::cool:. For instance, some people who farm in different worlds are not active in GE as it requires extra time and as I said only farm. :(:(
I think this might push some inactive players in GE to be a big booting from guilds as they are not contributing much into getting a high percentage in different worlds, not like main one :eek::(. In some guilds only the 15% of members participate :mad:, and you can`t be pushing members to do so. Hopefully the matchings are equal not about guild member number, or points in total...but to the correspondent age. ;):cool:
#GE #EqualinRanks #whyIamWriting#? o_O:rolleyes::p

DeletedUser9433

Your goods cost to the guild is the same whether you participate or not.

DeletedUser14197

Your goods cost to the guild is the same whether you participate or not.

That was my point. I don't suppose I phrased it well. GE has made it so that if you don't participate in GE, you actually are costing the guild goods even though you are not helping to gain crowns by participating in GE. In other words they are paying goods for nothing. If the player is active in other ways and has a gb that donates goods to the guild, I am sure it isn't hard on the guild. However, I am in guilds in some cities where it is kind of an issue now.

DeletedUser14732

I love the Guild Expedition and I think the Championship was a brilliant idea. Somebody deserves a raise. I love this game and I am working on my fourth year in Dunarsund. Keep up the GREAT work.

DeletedUser24740

In my opinion this is a really excellent add-on. A lot of potential for more interest, guild morale, fun. My only suggestion is to find a way to inform the guild leaders of changes like this in advance of the general announcement.

DeletedUser8152

That was my point. I don't suppose I phrased it well. GE has made it so that if you don't participate in GE, you actually are costing the guild goods even though you are not helping to gain crowns by participating in GE. In other words they are paying goods for nothing. If the player is active in other ways and has a gb that donates goods to the guild, I am sure it isn't hard on the guild. However, I am in guilds in some cities where it is kind of an issue now.
Yes. But the new championship thing will not change anything about that.

DeletedUser26488

Firstly, I play the Expedition to the end every week, I enjoy it and among other things it gives me an unattached army with which I plunder. I look forward to the competition and will continue to complete...
However:
1) Invariably for most players it costs a least some diamonds to complete, the expedition has therefore become a cash-cow for FOE.
2) Guilds will (understandably) put pressure on players to COMPLETE the expedition.
3) As a result some players will leave guilds, others possibly will be booted.
4) The above will result in a 2 tier FOE with those willing to spend diamonds (AKA REAL money) seperating from those not willing or able, I am not sure if this is a good idea???

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

GE hasn't cost me any diamonds, but props to all those who spend :)

DeletedUser22004

1) Invariably for most players it costs a least some diamonds to complete, the expedition has therefore become a cash-cow for FOE.
Well, I know some players do that :p:p....however, you can easily work as team within your guild members to increase att% boost on all great buildings which provide this chance:D:cool:;). It is important to give some encouragement and guidance to players in guilds to re - think on what is essential to have...I have seen a level 10 collesseum, and a level 2 Monte in the same city. :eek::eek::eek:o_O
This could be a "go team" in helping those great buildings among members instead of spending in diamonds. :cool:;):rolleyes: