• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition Championship Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

ITown

I built 8 strike teams to get my boost up to 135. My zeus, CDM, and Aachan are all level 10. I still have trouble with some of the fights and I am future age, not artic. I also am not sure if using all that city space for strike teams is worth it. And of course, now my traz is more than likely producing strike team units instead of something better. I don't have any use for strike teams.

Yeah, I don't think it's worth it. That's 96 tiles just for the strike team buildings, not to mention the 16,800 population required to support them. And then there's the fact that they basically force your Alcatraz to mass-produce (useless) strike team units.

On top of that, your units still have less defense than theirs, because strike teams only boost your units' offensive stat, not their defensive stat. Most of the time, when I lose units, it's because they have too little defense, not because they have too little attack. I'm skeptical that the extra offensive damage makes a significant difference in casualties.

And setting all that aside, I'm still able to win every fight with 93%-boosted units without spending diamonds.

DeletedUser14197

I have 6 cities. None of them seem to really care about the championship. I think we placed in 2 of them, the one that does gvg and may care, and another that totally doesn't. Here is what I observed. The winning guild percentages were in the 50s in most of them and the 40s in one. It surprised me that it came out that close. However, in the guild I am in with only 7 members, the winning guild only had 7.8 %. My guild made #2. Ok, now I know we only get awards on the meager points we acheived in competition, but still. Only 2 of us fought at all. I did all of level 1 and the other player fought 4 battles and we got second place. Perhaps the game will look at that and next time place us all in competitions where we will not place. I don't know. However, this makes the competition seem like pretty much luck. If you are placed with cities that don't participate, you can win doing very little or simply by default. If you are placed with cities that care, you will have to do a lot more to place. Like I said, my guilds don't really care except maybe the one that does gvg and even in that one, one of the main fighters said he doesn't do level 3. But, the trophies don't really mean a lot if one city only have to have 8% to win and another loses with 30%. I think it might be more meaningful, if only those quilds who wanted to participate, signed up for each weeks competitions and they left those who weren't interested out, so that at least those who weren't really competing, didn't walk away with a trophy for doing pretty much nothing.

DeletedUser13838

On top of that, your units still have less defense than theirs, because strike teams only boost your units' offensive stat, not their defensive stat. Most of the time, when I lose units, it's because they have too little defense, not because they have too little attack. I'm skeptical that the extra offensive damage makes a significant difference in casualties.

And setting all that aside, I'm still able to win every fight with 93%-boosted units without spending diamonds.

I have a lot of STCs the question is what I'd replace them with. More supplies/coins isn't particularly interesting. In the continent map I switched to 8 rails or surrogate soldiers. Don't think I can Complete in the CE map in my hood without conceding FE or AF.

I also have my atk GBs at lvl 10. I don't lose units because of low defense but because of the 1 pt minimum dmg.

DeletedUser14197

Yeah, I don't think it's worth it. That's 96 tiles just for the strike team buildings, not to mention the 16,800 population required to support them. And then there's the fact that they basically force your Alcatraz to mass-produce (useless) strike team units.

I first week or 2 of GE, I got stuck on a fight in level 2. Someone told me to build strike teams to get my boost over 100 and I was able to move on. Perhaps it was just a fluke though, because in another city I am modern age (I am future in my main city), and I have a 89/81 boost and I did all of level 1 and 2 on auto with just tanks and rogues. Perhaps it was a fluke. I doubt I will go that high again to find out and I did lose troops here and there. I wasn't really caring as I had time to retrain since I was not doing level 3(they don't open level 3 in this city). They aren't trying to place in the championships and don't have a push for people to do GE, so I will more than likely just do level 1 from here on out. I really doubt I could finish GE in my future age city without my 135 boost. I lost like 3 to 5 units in each of the last 4 battles. It was taking too many shots to take out their units. I am probably not the best fighter. I sometimes don't know which of their units I should be taking out first and I do do most of level 3 manually or I really lose tons of troops. So, probably some people can do better with less boost than I have.

DeletedUser11039

I think you should offer bonus medals or maybe diamonds to "participating" guild members to encourage more members to get involved

ITown

I have a lot of STCs the question is what I'd replace them with. More supplies/coins isn't particularly interesting. In the continent map I switched to 8 rails or surrogate soldiers. Don't think I can Complete in the CE map in my hood without conceding FE or AF.

I also have my atk GBs at lvl 10. I don't lose units because of low defense but because of the 1 pt minimum dmg.
I use as much space as possible for producing goods.

DeletedUser9433

You must be a magician then, don't see how you beat Level 3 GE with only a 93% Off boost. I have trouble in Level 3 with a 109/92 boost.

ITown

You must be a magician then, don't see how you beat Level 3 GE with only a 93% Off boost. I have trouble in Level 3 with a 109/92 boost.

:D

I guess I'm a magician then!

Some of the fights are pretty painful - and it took me 4 attempts to win one of the fights last week. But they're all doable.

DeletedUser14197

Me too. I have 135/90 and find the last section or 2 really difficult. I actually went ahead and built a few more strike teams just to see if it made anything easier. Not sure it is worth it as does it really matter if I lose tons of troops as long as I win? Just am not smart enough to know the best approach. What I do know if I enjoy the battle more if I don't lose so many troops, so I guess that is what I am going for.

I am kind of thinking it depends maybe some on the age you are in. I completed all of level 2 in my modern age city with tanks and rogues with 89/81 bonus on auto. Not sure I could do that in my future age city, but maybe it is cause I actually care how many troops I lose in my main city and don't in my other one.

DeletedUser13838

I use as much space as possible for producing goods.

I used to produce 300 goods/day in FE but struggled getting enough PME goods at times. I now have just 2 AF goods buildings and will replace them when I put in the 4 oases sitting in my inventory. It is approximately goods neutral. With the new orangery I might drop some STCs to make room to build it when I get the bps.

Me too. I have 135/90 and find the last section or 2 really difficult. I actually went ahead and built a few more strike teams just to see if it made anything easier. Not sure it is worth it as does it really matter if I lose tons of troops as long as I win?
In AF the last 2 are relatively easy but the 2 before that are hard as the troop requirements are very different between 1st and 2nd wave. I usually just negotiate those. Not sure how it is in FE as I only did GE in FE the 1st week and didn't complete it.

DeletedUser14197

I used to produce 300 goods/day in FE but struggled getting enough PME goods at times. I now have just 2 AF goods buildings and will replace them when I put in the 4 oases sitting in my inventory. It is approximately goods neutral. With the new orangery I might drop some STCs to make room to build it when I get the bps.

In AF the last 2 are relatively easy but the 2 before that are hard as the troop requirements are very different between 1st and 2nd wave. I usually just negotiate those. Not sure how it is in FE as I only did GE in FE the 1st week and didn't complete it.

I am not sure if I was clear. When I said the last 2 sections, I meant the last 2 sections of 4 battles each. The very last battle is not too bad. However, some of the ones before it require totally different fighters for the 2 different waves. Sometimes I end up retreating quite a few times before I get a start that favors me with my rogues turning into the right fighters. It doesn't mean the second wave will turn into the right fighters though and now with the change, I have to be really careful to not allow my regular troops to get killed or I won't even have anything for my rogues to turn into. I don't negotiate. I did it once and had to use diamonds. When it is so likely that I will get 2 ToR blueprints for my last prize, it simply is not worth diamonds to make it to the end, so if I can't do it, I simply don't. We aren't participaing in the championships so it really doesn't matter if I finish.

DeletedUser19807

Let us know what you think here in the comments and enjoy this new addition to the Guild Expeditions!

Your Forge of Empires Team
How is it decided who a guild competes against? I see it said by size, does guild level have anything to do with it also? This week I'm playing against a level 47, while we're only level 23, and there's also a level 5 guild in our group. Somehow this doesn't seem very fair...

DeletedUser8152

It is just guild size. Higher level guilds have no particular advantage here, so I can understand why the don't include that.

DeletedUser19807

It is just guild size. Higher level guilds have no particular advantage here, so I can understand why the don't include that.
Wouldn't you think a level 47 guild, would have better, more active players then a level 5 guild? I understand anything is possible, but as a whole, the level 47 would have a huge advantage. Also is this figured by points or just participation?

DeletedUser8152

Wouldn't you think a level 47 guild, would have better, more active players then a level 5 guild? I understand anything is possible, but as a whole, the level 47 would have a huge advantage. Also is this figured by points or just participation?
I'd say it this way: a guild full of active players is more likely to level faster than a guild full of inactive players. And a guild full of active players is more likely to win GE. So there's a correlation. But that's because they both stem from the same cause. Do you think that a guild full of inactive players deserves to have some kind of advantage in GE?

The championship prizes are based only on participation, not points won.

Algona

Last week a lvl 14 Guild took first beating out 3 lvl 20+ Guilds. A lvl 7 took third.

It's all about participation, not Guild level.

Last edited:

DeletedUser14197

:D

I guess I'm a magician then!

Some of the fights are pretty painful - and it took me 4 attempts to win one of the fights last week. But they're all doable.

What age are you? I have 6 cities of different ages. I checked just now and the armies I am up against in level 1 in GE in my middle age city have 0 bonuses. In my Progressive age city, they have 25 bonuses if I remember right. In one age they have 50 bonuses. I think it is contemporary and I am not remember what my modern age city has, though it seems like it may be 45. At any rate, my future age city has bonuses of 65. This explains to me why I can do better in some cities on level 1 and 2 than in my main city even though my bonuses are higher there. Having all 3 great buildings to level 10 in the lower ages may be enough, where as haveing all 3 great buildings to level 10, at least for me in future age, is not enough.

DeletedUser3679

Last week a lvl 14 Guild took first beating out 3 lvl 20+ Guilds. A lvl 7 took third. It's not all about participation, not Guild level.

Pretty sure you meant to type "It's all about participation"....