• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition Changes

Plain Red Justice

Just finished 64/48 at 9/9/8/6 (Z,CdM,CoA,TA) atk GBs. It did get a little harder in exchange for a lot of nice stuffs but still not exciting as it should be. It really lacks the oomph and bam that GBG has Lol

Agent327

Just finished 64/48 at 9/9/8/6 (Z,CdM,CoA,TA) atk GBs. It did get a little harder in exchange for a lot of nice stuffs but still not exciting as it should be. It really lacks the oomph and bam that GBG has Lol

That does not mean a thing if you do not mention the age you are in. In SAAB it would be an amazing achievement. In HMA nothing special.

I see you do not mention your AO. I thought that with an AO to even 6 or 5 you can 64/48 it just fine with a level 4-6 or something fighting GBs

Reese7990

Finished 64/64 This morning in PME. My attack is right about 500, I did not use the Tavern Boost. I found I definitely lost more units in GE 4, especially when auto battling. Went 0-4 in getting any new upgrades. I think I'll be working my attack buildings to lessen the unit loss. It was far higher than I like.

Lady Gato

Is it better to autobattle in GE? I am manually battling now to gain experience and I am definitely seeing more success than what I saw with autobattle. Or is it when you get your military GBs all maxed out that you don't have to autobattle?

Nicholas002

Is it better to autobattle in GE? I am manually battling now to gain experience and I am definitely seeing more success than what I saw with autobattle. Or is it when you get your military GBs all maxed out that you don't have to autobattle?
it is better to manually fight in any battle, for best results. Auto is good in GBg, when there is time pressure, and works in GE when you have enough of an attack boost that even the dumb AI will win without too many lost units.

Lady Gato

it is better to manually fight in any battle, for best results. SNIP
Yeah I am quickly finding that out in Egypt - if I want to win and get that loot, I have to manually battle. But those hard armies I just don't do as it takes too long even when I win to regenerate my troops. So I just do easy and normal. And hope I have enough loot to get me thru in time.

Ericness

I'm fine with changes so far. Still autobattled all the way through 64 in my main and still picked up some diamonds. I did miss out on the new goodies I actually wanted, but soon enough they will be mine. Oh yes, they will be mine.

qaccy

Definitely felt the increase to level 4 in SAAB. Turns out a 1.5x increase to enemy strength matters a lot more at the end of the tech tree than it does in the beginning! I'll have to add quite a bit more to my military strength to get back to where I was before.

Mandelynn

Okay, in one world, I completed GE 4. It seemed exactly the same to me.
I think in that world I'm just in, Industrial. My other cities are also around that, give or take an age. It seems the same to me which is good news since I want my guilds to level up before the next century.
Someone above mentioned it gets harder depending on the era. Does that mean say as soon as I get into (for example) modern it will suddenly become insane to beat or just get harder to adjust for the higher age like it did before?
What's the point of aging up if it gets to hard to play?

qaccy

Okay, in one world, I completed GE 4. It seemed exactly the same to me.
I think in that world I'm just in, Industrial. My other cities are also around that, give or take an age. It seems the same to me which is good news since I want my guilds to level up before the next century.
Someone above mentioned it gets harder depending on the era. Does that mean say as soon as I get into (for example) modern it will suddenly become insane to beat or just get harder to adjust for the higher age like it did before?
What's the point of aging up if it gets to hard to play?

It does get harder in a way as you move up in ages, only because the enemy boosts go up along with age. If you're able to keep your military strength increasing to match that, GE won't really be that difficult. The 'challenge' comes in making sure your boost keeps up with the GE increases. After all, a level 10 Zeus is going to provide you 30% no matter what age you're in, but depending on your age you could be facing opponents with no bonus at all or as high as 495%.

It doesn't necessarily always get harder though. Some ages are actually easier to fight in than ages below them because of differing unit abilities. Contemporary for example is generally regarded as one of the easier ages to GE in because of how strong AA vehicles are, while I personally consider Arctic to be the hardest.

DeletedUser38063

Did I see that right? Do the Terrace Farm upgrade kits, upgrade the 24 hour production from 5 FP to 12 FP?
Yep. Got an upgrade kit today, sadly no terrace farms ( wish I hadn't sold them all). The changes makes it 12/30=0.4 fp/sw efficiency, SSW goes to 2/6=0.33.

Zatrikon

Maybe it would be better if you could choose what level to play. If you didn't have to slog through levels 1-3 to get to the level that you actually want to play. It just takes too long going through all the low levels for prizes that you don't want or need. just to qualify for entering the level where there's stuff you do want.

If starting on level 4 is too much of a jump, then maybe there can be some kind of "warp" after level one - complete level 1 first, and then warp to any level.
Or maybe just play the last encounter of level 1, (which should prove that you can beat the entire level), then play the last encounter of level 2, then the last encounter of level 3, and then enter level 4.

I've gone through level 1 at least a hundred times now, and I really don't want to do it anymore. I don't need to watch the same movie a hundred times, or hear the same joke a hundred times. I feel like I've more than earned the right to start on level 2.

Nicholas002

If you’re that good, just autobattle the whole thing without changing out units, and buy attempts with medals. Can’t take more than a couple minutes, huh?

DeletedUser38683

Las week I played through level 4 and it seemed that while I got more FOAT and GOSG, I did also get some other rewards from Relics. This week, across 5 worlds, except for a couple of relics with units, they are all gates, faces and tribals. Why such a drastic change?

Plain Red Justice

Still not impressed. Sorry.
I thought they were actually placed in regular buildings at first rather than being rare upgrades. As you've said, yeah not that impressive as well but at least a huge improvement to the boring slog that was the previous GE

It seems they have made changes to battle algorithm too since I was starting to lose rogues in level 2 despite subconsciously knowing that the matchup shouldn't dent me in autobattling. Truly a sad day for autobattlers lol

DeletedUser31499

Still not impressed. Sorry.

I beg to differ. In FE a botanical rotunda gives a 9% fighting bonus in 9 squares + at least 1 road connection and I see a lot of cities where it touches 3 roads. Compare that to 3 level 2 face of the ancient. Totaled they give a 9% fighting bonus in 12 squares. No road connection needed, you can place them anywhere. I say they compare very well.

The Gate of the Sun God at 4% defensive bonus in 4 squares is better than the Road to Victory which gives 5% defensive bonus in 6 squares. Plus the road to victory has to be attached to the statue of honor where the Gate of the sun god can be placed anywhere, no road needed. They are not junk pieces if you compare them square to square with other fight bonus buildings and factor in the fact that they don’t need a road and can be placed anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jern2017

They become even more impressive once your military GBs are at high levels when you get one percent attack/defense boost every other level.

Even at 1.90, you need hundreds of FPs just to get that one extra percent att/def.