• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition Changes

Dominator - X

Brilliant! What a great idea, knocking out the vast majority of players on the server and preventing them from playing Level IV, because you know, only people with 2000% attack boost should be able to add to their stockpiles and contribute to their team. With 348% attack boost, I can't even complete the first stage. Once again, the crying few have managed to spoil another aspect of the game for those who don't have endless money to pour into it. How about you create a server that requires every player to spend at least $1,000.00 a month on diamonds and leave the average players to enjoy the game at a leisurely pace?
Interesting. I am at only 258% attack boost and 198% defense when attacking. Yet, I can auto battle 90%+ of GE including level 4. You have got to be doing something real wrong if you can't get through level 1. Just to make sure, you aren't battling with 8 Rogues, are you?

Iroh the Tea Maker

Changes are okay. Not much has changed for me except the TF upgrade and the FoA upgrade makes the fairly reasonable.

The tribal square even at level is still only as good as two Kiosks though.

Nicholas002

This week in GE, I got a GOSG, a GOSG upgrade, two FoA's, a FoA upgrade, a FoY upgrade, a Ritual Flame, several diamonds, and most importantly, a TF and a TF upgrade!

Tytan the Great

This week in GE, I got a GOSG, a GOSG upgrade, two FoA's, a FoA upgrade, a FoY upgrade, a Ritual Flame, several diamonds, and most importantly, a TF and a TF upgrade!
I’m the opposite. I got a ritual flame upgrade, which immediately goes to the dealer, and diamonds. Almost 100 diamonds. Such a first world problem when diamond is not what I want right now . I still haven’t got a face upgrade yet, and only 1 TF upgrade so far.

allupinya

In EMA I negotiated, now I mostly fight. 373/212 A/D. I battle on manual. How I get there is not the point, finishing GE IV every week since EMA is the point. Not my fault you can't do it. I can and do. Every single week. I'm also sitting on over 7,400 free diamonds as a result. Too bad for you.
I'm glad you've done well, keep up the good work.

allupinya

Interesting. I am at only 258% attack boost and 198% defense when attacking. Yet, I can auto battle 90%+ of GE including level 4. You have got to be doing something real wrong if you can't get through level 1. Just to make sure, you aren't battling with 8 Rogues, are you?
Of course you can. And let me guess, you are only using one Military Drummer to do it? And no doubt you've managed to win 379,000 diamonds while doing it. You folks are a real hoot.

Vger

"... but I imagine most people that argue with you probably end up getting banned from forums. Later.
Fairly sure that has happened exactly never. You would need to work way harder to get banned.
Most of us respect RP for his knowledge and passion for this game. He can be snarky. But...wasn't that exactly what you were doing? Nobody gets banned for that.

Some of us don't agree with RPs political views. That has led to some threads going off the rails. But, even then, I don't think anyone has been banned for arguing with him. This is a game, not Twitter. Argue away... :)

Emberguard

Brilliant! What a great idea, knocking out the vast majority of players on the server and preventing them from playing Level IV, because you know, only people with 2000% attack boost should be able to add to their stockpiles and contribute to their team. With 348% attack boost, I can't even complete the first stage. Once again, the crying few have managed to spoil another aspect of the game for those who don't have endless money to pour into it. How about you create a server that requires every player to spend at least $1,000.00 a month on diamonds and leave the average players to enjoy the game at a leisurely pace?
Of course you can. And let me guess, you are only using one Military Drummer to do it? And no doubt you've managed to win 379,000 diamonds while doing it. You folks are a real hoot.
I'd be interested to know what age you're having such trouble in. 348% sounds like a lot of attack boost to not be completing Lvl 1 on. But if you're in a high age that would increase the difficulty in its own right

Have you tried manually fighting and looking at unit skills / bonuses? Those will play a big role in how far you can get. Are you using rogues and if so what's your strategy with them? What works in lower ages won't always work in higher ages. Rogues are great for the beginning of the game on auto but if you're using them later on that same strategy can be a disaster if you're not holding back the real units due to the increased range of movement in higher age units

Dominator - X

I'd be interested to know what age you're having such trouble in. 348% sounds like a lot of attack boost to not be completing Lvl 1 on. But if you're in a high age that would increase the difficulty in its own right

Have you tried manually fighting and looking at unit skills / bonuses? Those will play a big role in how far you can get. Are you using rogues and if so what's your strategy with them? What works in lower ages won't always work in higher ages. Rogues are great for the beginning of the game on auto but if you're using them later on that same strategy can be a disaster if you're not holding back the real units due to the increased range of movement in higher age units
Not sure I follow. You don't believe my statement, or you believe using the strategy you propose with a Drummer, would fail? To be sure, I haven't used a Drummer since the Iron Age, so, I would agree: Bad strategy!

If you are saying I am not able to complete all 4 levels with the percentages I mentioned, you would be absolutely wrong. I finish all 4 levels of GE every week.
So, it is safe to conclude that you are doing something very wrong, if you fail with the numbers you presented.
Hope you figure it out. And remember: Always make adjustments. Doing the same thing over and over again while getting the same results, yet expecting different results is... what again? Yep. That's right.

voidsource

the problem here is the mentality that you should only play xyz style, which in this case seems to be fighting and army blah blah blah, as most players in this game seem to play that way. Yet they themselves admit there's more than one way to play this game but as soon as u bring up options to help players play the other ways, they go ahead and revert to the "NO, you gotta play like the rest of us" style/mentality. Sure they are other uses for spaces and guess what i have used them and the stuff i haven't used, guess what?...its not meant for me bc thats not my play style and when that gets mentioned, the entire crew of online forumers just jump on here and bring up the whole," no, ur wrong this is how ur supposed to play" bc thats how them and everyone they know plays, though - once again, they admit that theres more than one play style.

To top it all off the suggestion isn't interfering with your play style, it isn't taking away from anything and it isn't forcing you to do anything. All it does is bring an option to the table. An option. Yet ya swear that is the end of the world if that option gets brought to the table. A very simple option to help those that are fps farmers decide whether or not I want to pick between a T.farm or a T.farm upgrade .....its that simple. Just a simple T.farm selection kit wherever u get a T.farm.

It's not like im saying, we should stop giving out buildings that only focus on attack bonuses, which by far are much more given at a frequent pace than any other type, why? bc the majority of player whom play that style sat there and asked the devs....but god forbid someone who plays different ask for a selection kit ( not more fps buildings, not take away attacking buildings, not suggest we should have less of anything, ) but simple have the ability to select between T.farm and a T.farm upgrade is a sin for the forumers who mostly focus on one other play style that isnt fps.

Last edited by a moderator:

voidsource

Why in the world do you have 27 TFs? Seriously, with all the great event buildings that have come along, you'd think there'd be better uses of your space. In fact, I know there's better uses for your space.

Regardless, it took you some time to collect that many TFs, you should expect it to take some time to get them all to level 2.

bc im an fps farmer, and I do have event buildings. I have enough space for t.farms, gbs, event buildings and such. Not sure if i posted a screenshot of my city but i think i did. Yes getting farms took time indeed. I also used to have 30 farms before i knocked it down to 27 to make space for some gbs and other event buildings. The event buildings are useful but they are really only effective when u have them in large quantities.

Either way tho, as i stated many times. There is nothing really changing in the game. Like im not saying to the devs increase the formula in T.farms so that we get a higher chance in getting a t.farm and then make all chances of t.farm be turned into t.farms selection kits. Im not suggesting that. Just suggesting that every aspect in ge in which we can earn ( at its current rate, not more, not less ) that we get the opportunity to select between either or. The rate in which we earn, say 27 farms, will still be a long process. Just the selection option makes it easier than to have a 33% chance once a week.

DevaCat

bc im an fps farmer, and I do have event buildings. I have enough space for t.farms, gbs, event buildings and such. Not sure if i posted a screenshot of my city but i think i did. Yes getting farms took time indeed. I also used to have 30 farms before i knocked it down to 27 to make space for some gbs and other event buildings. The event buildings are useful but they are really only effective when u have them in large quantities.

Either way tho, as i stated many times. There is nothing really changing in the game. Like im not saying to the devs increase the formula in T.farms so that we get a higher chance in getting a t.farm and then make all chances of t.farm be turned into t.farms selection kits. Im not suggesting that. Just suggesting that every aspect in ge in which we can earn ( at its current rate, not more, not less ) that we get the opportunity to select between either or. The rate in which we earn, say 27 farms, will still be a long process. Just the selection option makes it easier than to have a 33% chance once a week.
I had to scroll back to remind myself what you are on about. Your logic here is just flawed, I'm not going into it. Boils down to you wanting those TF upgrades to come easier/more frequently; i.e., so you can upgrade all your farms faster. You think maybe Inno devs have already looked at it and concluded things are working as they intended?

Has nothing to do with Agent, or play styles, or what you perceive to be some dominant play style evidenced in the forum. It has to do with a general (I think) consensus that what you want would be overpowered and impact the game balance. If you disagree, there is the Ideas/poll process.

voidsource

I had to scroll back to remind myself what you are on about. Your logic here is just flawed, I'm not going into it. Boils down to you wanting those TF upgrades to come easier/more frequently; i.e., so you can upgrade all your farms faster. You think maybe Inno devs have already looked at it and concluded things are working as they intended?

Has nothing to do with Agent, or play styles, or what you perceive to be some dominant play style evidenced in the forum. It has to do with a general (I think) consensus that what you want would be overpowered and impact the game balance. If you disagree, there is the Ideas/poll process.

i never said that isnt what the devs have concluded, i am just saying the odds of getting them are way too thin. "Getting them faster" as you put it wont necessarily be true for new players. As you have to chose between getting a farm or an upgrade, either or u exclude urself from getting one and neither of those changes the rate at which they appear, so how exactly would a new player be 'getting them faster'? As it stands getting a farm in itself is not something u get every week. Now take that and cut it by 66% and thats the odds of u getting an upgrade. None of that is 'fast'.

So im not sure what are the rate in which people get farms to begin with but they arent high and that is good. I actually think the rate that the farms themselves appear are reasonable, but then to cut down the odds in getting the upgrade to the point of non existant? c'mon now. Thats not reasonable.

Agent327

So im not sure what are the rate in which people get farms to begin with but they arent high and that is good. I actually think the rate that the farms themselves appear are reasonable, but then to cut down the odds in getting the upgrade to the point of non existant? c'mon now. Thats not reasonable.

It would help if you did some research before you come up with statements like this.

When it comes to Expeditions, the chance of getting a TF upgrade kit is higher than the chance of getting a TF.

Nicholas002

Statistically seen, and not counting relics, you get a TF every 5 weeks, and a TF upgrade every 4 weeks. So the upgrades are actually more common than the actual farm.

edit: changed 2 weeks to 4 weeks.

Last edited:

voidsource

It would help if you did some research before you come up with statements like this.
When it comes to Expeditions, the chance of getting a TF upgrade kit is higher than the chance of getting a TF.

there is no real data on this, and the previous stuff from say wikis, are all from past experiences. Probably the figures and possibilities of things have changed. That being said, they are not the official reports.

Statistically seen, and not counting relics, you get a TF every 5 weeks, and a TF upgrade every 2 weeks. So the upgrades are actually much more common than the actual farm.
The only problem with this is that it is based on experience and not actual data. Everyone experiences it differently.
Its been passed 2 weeks since ive gotten an upgrade, are u guaranteeing an upgrade is coming this week, based on ur word?

Nicholas002

there is no real data on this, and the previous stuff from say wikis, are all from past experiences. Probably the figures and possibilities of things have changed. That being said, they are not the official reports.

The only problem with this is that it is based on experience and not actual data. Everyone experiences it differently.
Its been passed 2 weeks since ive gotten an upgrade, are u guaranteeing an upgrade is coming this week, based on ur word?
It is based on the percent given by INNO games. If you believe their RNG is bugged, that is another matter, and should be reported as a bug.

obviously, as with anything random, there is no guarantee of anything. But over time, the results are likely to even out close to the predicted value.

I find it hard to believe that you have played FoE long enough to acquire 27 Terrace Farms, yet you do not understand how GE rewards work.

In case you really are dumb, and aren’t just playing dumb to troll, I will explain it:
On one of the last GE encounters (46 I think?) there is a 25% chance to get a TF upgrade. That does not mean you will get one exactly every four weeks. In fact, you could go many weeks in a row without getting one. Conversely, you could go many weeks in a row and get one. It’s all random. Chances are, that it will eventually even out so that you get close to a quarter as many TF upgrades as weeks played. Understand?

edit: corrected 50% to 25%

Last edited: