• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition Costs

lemur

I'm looking for the most current breakdown of the costs to unlock level in Guild Expeditions. (The search engine was again useless.)

DeletedUser8152

I don't understand quite what you're asking. They did change the cost of level 3 a couple months ago, is that what you mean?

wolfhoundtoo

It only lets a guild founder (and possibly a leader I think they can do it but not sure at the moment) unlock the levels. It's been a few months since I was the one to unlock one of the higher levels but I thought it told you it cost goods?

DeletedUser8152

Indeed when you unlock the level it shows explicitly the guild treasury cost.

DeletedUser8152

When I venture into GE this week in Cirgard I am going to look for this cost unlock at Phase II.

I am not a guild leader nor founder there but wish to see this cost factor which I've been oblivious to since inception.
I don't think you can see it if you aren't a founder or leader, but I'm not sure.

wolfhoundtoo

I believe you can only see what goods you are short if you aren't a founder or a leader as the game will offer you a chance to donate the needed goods (although it hasn't been since near the beginning of GE that I was in a guild that was short for that week's costs.

DeletedUser8152

I am not a leader nor a founder in Cirgard and I have scoured the "Difficulty" II screen and see nothing that indicates I am using Treasury goods to either attack or negotiate an encounter hence my questioning of usage of goods. When my guild founder in Brisgard mentioned difficulty IV and Treasury costs involved is when I began this query. Should all players be made aware as in GvG ? That is up to devs and INNO.
Treasury goods are used when you open up the difficulty levels. If one of your leaders/founders had not paid to unlock difficulty 2, then you wouldn't be able to access it.

Kind of like in GvG if you joined a siege in progress, you would not necessarily know that goods had been paid to set the siege.

DeletedUser25273

Encounters don't use treasure goods, UNLOCKING a difficulty level will use treasury goods.

DeletedUser9433

I am going to re-read the wiki-authored / INNO-approved link above as I did not see treasure goods usage in the UNLOCKING process in East-Nagach where I am a leader / founder .....playing 8 worlds ( A - H ) is becoming way too time consuming .....love playing the game for FREE though.
How can you miss it if I may ask? It is in great big colorful block letters! I may have misunderstood you. If you are saying you do not see goods required to unlock a level it may be because someone else in your guild is unlocking them before you look.

DeletedUser8152

Well JennyButler I am missing this window even as a founder / leader .....and as you pointed out once a player UNLOCKS the next level perhaps it no longer appears to other leaders .... there are times even to this day regarding the level of a GB and my inventory block blinking when I enter a world. Only after some time and careful examination of my GB contributions do I realize I am rewarded for helping a GB and do not receive the little window telling me so.....that has been ongoing for years now.
Yes, once someone has unlocked a level, you can't see the unlocking screen anymore.

The GB thing should not be happening so much anymore, I think they changed it so you have to actually click close on the window; it used to be that clicking anywhere on the screen would close it.

DeletedUser29168

Well JennyButler I am missing this window even as a founder / leader .....and as you pointed out once a player UNLOCKS the next level perhaps it no longer appears to other leaders .... there are times even to this day regarding the level of a GB and my inventory block blinking when I enter a world. Only after some time and careful examination of my GB contributions do I realize I am rewarded for helping a GB and do not receive the little window telling me so.....that has been ongoing for years now.
Just because there is no response to it yet, if you are playing from the app on mobile when you are in the GE window on the bottom right is a yellow square with a star and "difficulty" in it. Tap it and the difficulty window opens where you can either unlock or donate to the treasury, pressing "unlock/donate" in this window will open a list showing "goods in treasury/goods required" to unlock the level. If you click the unlock button at the bottom of the list you use all the goods required and the difficulty is unlocked. For the browser version near the top left of your screen should be a star with the difficulty you are currently on, just click the star and it will be the same process as described above.

As for the GB thing I find if you leave your city by entering GVG, GE, or visiting a player then returning to your city the GB reward window pops up.

DeletedUser31177

I have a question regarding this topic. Our guild has been wondering how the goods are determined to open each level and we thought it would ask goods from each Age our members are in - it would explain why BA goods aren't available (because you can only enter a guild once you're in IA) but since last week we have a new member in Contemporary Age. He's the only member in there, the next one an age or two lower.

Now to open level 2 in GE it's asking Postmodern Age goods. There's no one in that age. Can someone explain why GE asks for these goods? On the GE wiki page it clearly says "The Costs of Unlocking Difficulties depend on the age and number of your guild members when the expedition begins. Each player in your guild will generate a cost based on their age."

....we have no one in that age so it seems rather unfair that one single member has to carry the costs of different ages...?

At the same time, we have one member in Modern Age and it's not asking anything from that age?

So the explanation of the costs on the wiki page seems lacking a whole bunch of detailed info. I'd really appreciate some explanation regarding this issue. Thank you.

DeletedUser26120

It's not the current age they are in, but the age they were when GE started.

They must have moved up?

DeletedUser31177

Yes, I know that's how GE works but erm, no that's not it. GE started two hours ago. He has been in CE for 3 months. The same goes with our guild member in Modern Era...he hasn't done any leveling up for weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

If you're sure it's a mistake you could ask support to have a look at it.

DeletedUser

The cost to open the levels of GE is:
Level 2 - for each member, 5 goods from their previous age (Except Iron Age members, then it's current age.)
Level 3 - for each member, 10 current age goods.
Level 4 - for each member, 20 current age goods.
Members in Bronze Age do not count toward costs, or completion percentage in GE.
These costs are paid out of the Guild Treasury.

DeletedUser31177

Okay thanks for that latest info - I'm going to look into this with the guild. I'll come back shortly if it matches up or not

DeletedUser28970

The cost to open the levels of GE is:
Level 2 - for each member, 5 goods from their previous age (Except Iron Age members, then it's current age.)
Level 3 - for each member, 10 current age goods.
Level 4 - for each member, 20 current age goods.
Members in Bronze Age do not count toward costs, or completion percentage in GE.
These costs are paid out of the Guild Treasury.

Actually, Stephen, you are only partially correct ... or mostly wrong ... Close but no cigar. LOL :)
The complete cost table is found here in the wiki:
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Costs_of_Unlocking_Difficulties

and as a side note: "Note that the listed numbers represent the amounts of each goods type from that era. Therefore where it says 2 Iron Age Goods, this means 2 of each Iron Age Goods (making a total of 10 since there are 5 goods types in every era)."

In other words, to open level III, for example, the contribution required for each PE level member would be 50 PE goods (10 of each type).

Last edited by a moderator: