• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition - Feedback

DeletedUser14197

I really like the AAV units. I have used them now for a number of the battles. I will probably build the barraks since I don't suppose I will get enough unattached each week to complete GE and it is likely I will use them more even for the earlier battles where I used to use tanks. Now that I know the best unit for CE, could someone tell me what the best unit is for LMA? I don't have time to complete level 3 of my LMA city, but I have started level 3, which is more than I have done before. I would like to see if I can eventually complete level 3 in all my cities. I can do it in my future city. I have yet to do it in my progressive, modern and lma cities.

DeletedUser8152

LMA doesn't have a clear best like the AAV, but I've done well with cannons and greatswords. Cannons and imp guards would probably work well too.

DeletedUser14197

So far I have used 2 imperial guards with 6 rogues on all the battles. I am on the 8th battle of level 3 using this, but I have been losing quite a few units. I have been doing them on auto. I guess I am going to have to relearn how to fight LMA. I have never been good at fighting against cannons though, so tend to hit auto and let the chips fall where they may. Pretty sure with my lack of skill that auto does better than I can do. The only thing is, I would probably surrender when I saw how many units I was losing and this way, I have still won up till here on the first or second try. lol. The problem is in this city, I do not ahve a traz, so I cannot afford to keep losing so many troops. I guess I need to learn how to fight against cannons. This next battle is against 2 imperial guards, 2 knights, 2 cannons, a great sward warrier and a rogue in the first wave. The second wave the only 2 that are a problem are the 2 cannons of course. If I can get to it without losing too many, I probably can win it.

DeletedUser8152

Auto is not good, practicing with manual fighting is much better. Also it is best to choose your units based on what you are fighting. Imp guards will not do so well vs a lot of cannons and longbows.

I would try 4 cannons and 4 gswords for the battle you mention. Try to form a wall with your swords to keep at least one knight away from your cannons, and then use your cannons against theirs if you can. Second turn kill the knights with your swords and hit the imp guards with your cannons. You'll lose some though. You might do better with 2 swords + 6 rogues.

DeletedUser14197

Auto is not good, practicing with manual fighting is much better. Also it is best to choose your units based on what you are fighting. Imp guards will not do so well vs a lot of cannons and longbows.

I believe you. The thing is when expedition started, I really was only doing it seriously in my main city which is future age.In that city, I picked my units by who I was up against. I did level 1 in all my cities and if they opened level 2 would do a couple of fights into level 2. It takes more time to pick your units, so I simply did them all with 2 tanks or heavies and 6 rogues all on auto. Since I wasn't doing all 3 levels, I had plenty of time to retrain. In 2 of my cities, the guild did not even open up level 2. So in those 2 cities I changed guilds, so this is the first time I was able to try doing more than level 1. One was contemporary age, which I was able to complete level 3 this week and the other was LMA. Something I found out was, is that I really like being in a guild that is actually trying to win the competition. I don't care about the trophies or crowns. I just think it was fun competing. It kind of pushed me to try harder to complete all 3 levels.

DeletedUser14197

Well, I just had a bad time in one of my progressive age cities. My Aachan was only a level 6 though the zeus and CDM are 10s. I got it up to a level 7 just to see if it would help, but it didn't. I was doing level 3, but was not doing well, and would have quit but I saw there was a relic in a coming area, I did 3 of the battles in section 2 trying to get to that section, but simply could not win teh 8th battle, though I used up all my tries trying. I do not have the know how to negotiate as I never do it. So trying to jump in on level 3, just is not likely to be successful for me and I am not spending diamonds to take a chance that the gold relic will be something worth the diamonds. So for the future, what should I use to go against this: 1st wave: 2tanks, 2 rapid fire cannons, 2 armor cars, 1 script and 1 rogue. 2nd wave: 2 scripts, 2 howitzers, 1 lancer, 2 cannons, 1 armor car. By next week, I should have my aachan up another level or 2. My problem is, I need to use snipers to take out the scripts it seems, yet, the snipers do next to nothing against anything else. The tanks don't seem to do very good either against tanks. Actually everything takes too many hits. I guess I really need higher bonuses. Maybe I won't even start level 3 next time. If it simply means I am taking a chance of losing a chance to get a gold relic, I am not sure it is smart to start a level one can't finish. After all, if it is percentages, I used up one getting one I actually can't get. I wonder if anyone has any statistics on this. If it is smarter to not start a level one can't open up the entire level of. Perhaps if I hadn't started it, I may have gotten the gold relic next week on level 1.

DeletedUser14197

I actually won it! I could not believe it. I used 2 snipers and 2 conscripts and 4 rogues and I ended up losing 2 rogues. I am so glad I didn't spend diamond trying to negotiate. The gold relic was a watchfire. I have quite of few of those already. Still excited that I could win it. I don't have a speakers corner, so I can't get that extra bonus, but I still do have 3 more levels to go on the aachan. So perhaps that will make things easier in time.

qaccy

Question regarding Arctic Age: Now I have the Vertical Farm unlocked in tech is that now a possibility to win on the final tower?

Anyone sick of the 65% yet? :eek:

The 65% used to be a 35% chance of a normal culture building (would be a personal rapid transport if you're in AF, or an Eco Park if in FE), and a 30% chance of 50 goods. Those prizes weren't really much better.

DeletedUser14197

The 65% used to be a 35% chance of a normal culture building (would be a personal rapid transport if you're in AF, or an Eco Park if in FE), and a 30% chance of 50 goods. Those prizes weren't really much better.

Actually in my view, those prizes were much better. Goods definitely come in handy and I would LOVE to get a few more eco parks.

OldTyme72

Ya. I would take goods over BP's.

Back to the main question . Vertical Farms possible (if they are unlocked in tech?)

DeletedUser8152

Ya. I would take goods over BP's.

Back to the main question . Vertical Farms possible (if they are unlocked in tech?)
It doesn't matter if they are unlocked in tech, but in any case they won't count as a non-premium supply building, they are premium. There used to be a chance to win premium supply buildings, but I don't know if it is still there.

qaccy

Building rewards from GE, in spite of their vague wording, are always the same specific building. There's no variation in building prizes from a given encounter. If you won a recycling wheel as a prize from one encounter, that specific encounter will ALWAYS give a recycling wheel (if you win the production building prize). Following that, unless Inno manually updated the prizes with the release of AF3, premium buildings won from GE will always be sea-scrapers, plasma generators, holo-holiday parks, and flower arbors, depending on what building type the prize is.

OldTyme72

Question regarding Rank. In the GE is says our rank is 49.....but in overall rankings we are 55.

Does GE have it's own ranking? I don't see us being paired up w/ ranks close to us.

Also. Kill the 2 BPs on final tower already ;)

DeletedUser14197

I can't seem to win the last battle in my progressive age city. I have 91% and they have 65% bonuses. I am up against in battle 1:
1 tank
1 sniper
2 rapid fire cannons
1 conscript
2 armored cars
1 champion

In battle 2 I am up against:
2 tanks
1 sniper
1 rapid fire cannon
2 conscripts
1 armored car
1 rogue

I tried 2 tanks and 6 rogues. That didn't work for me. I went ahead and negotiated this week, but it is unlikely I will spend 30 diamonds again to negotiate it since the chance of getting blueprints is too high and that is what I was rewarded with this week. What are the best units to use against a mix like this? Is there any fighting strategy that would help?

DeletedUser20367

I'm pretty sure that I used 1 tank, 1 sniper & 6 Rouges on that one. Had about the same boost that you do. If you go try that then you need to surrender and try again if all the Rogues turn into the same troop type.

DeletedUser14197

thanks for the advice. If I make it that far next week, I will try it.