• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition - Feedback

DeletedUser27184

Does anyone knows the def/att bonus for the event troops in GE?
In HMA the first two waves are 0%, then it goes up to 15% (IIRC).
Anyone remember the rest of the ages?

DeletedUser27107

For several weeks now it is apparent that you have been playing with the difficulty of the GE. I am personally getting a little discouraged over this fumbling around. First we notice that GE compensates when you level up your GB's, making that aspect a little pointless. Next we notice that when you do nothing to GB's it still seems to get harder each week. Now I am fighting a 25% boosted defender on the first castle (4th encounter) on level frickin 1....
Besides being a bunch of horse dung, it makes little sense. Maybe if you explain your reasoning and the actual numbers?
I also doubt that this crazy sliding scale is making the actual GE competition very fair. It is all very discouraging to dump thousands of FP's into boosting GB's for no reason or possibly a negative one.

DeletedUser8152

For several weeks now it is apparent that you have been playing with the difficulty of the GE. I am personally getting a little discouraged over this fumbling around. First we notice that GE compensates when you level up your GB's, making that aspect a little pointless. Next we notice that when you do nothing to GB's it still seems to get harder each week. Now I am fighting a 25% boosted defender on the first castle (4th encounter) on level frickin 1....
Besides being a bunch of horse dung, it makes little sense. Maybe if you explain your reasoning and the actual numbers?
I also doubt that this crazy sliding scale is making the actual GE competition very fair. It is all very discouraging to dump thousands of FP's into boosting GB's for no reason or possibly a negative one.
I haven't observed any change in the GE bonuses. Of course, they do increase as you age up.

DeletedUser27107

I haven't observed any change in the GE bonuses. Of course, they do increase as you age up.
All I know is what I and my guild experience since there is apparently no written explanation of what effects the defending troop bonuses. And shouldn't the era difficulty be the natural troop progression? Why would it also be a troop bonus?
One world (colonial) the troop boost on the first large encounter is 5% and on my other world (Modern) the first encounter is boosted 25%? Like I said an explanation would be nice. Where do we find this info?

DeletedUser8152

I don't know if anyone has compiled a list of bonuses, that would be interesting to see. Also note that the encounter bonuses start increasing in the third difficulty level.

The reason for the bonuses is that the game expects you will be acquiring GBs and other buildings that boost your own bonuses. You'll find that bonuses start to show up on the continent map as well. If they didn't do this all the battles would be pretty trivial.

Algona

My experience: I was in Prog when Ge started. As long as I was in Prog, the GE defensive boosts were the same week to week. When i went to Modern, the defensive boosts increased. They increased again, when I advanced to PME. Reading other posts in other threads, it sounds like the high era players are fighting against pretty stiff defensive bonuses.

It sure appears that not only do you need to keep levelling your attack GBs but also acquire other attack boosts.

DeletedUser26154

My G.E. is done for the week.

Done for the week GE.png

I tend to finish first, so there will be a dozen people who will end with more Contribution points than me.
I'm usually #10 or #12 once everyone else completes it.

I have to report that my Relic prizes were, in a word, piddly-diddly.
The only find worth note is one Watchfire. The rest were goods or forgettable.
I had my statistical bad week. These things happen.

Got number one on the post-modern era tower.
I'm all out of fights. I never attack my neighbors and I don't GvG.

undisputed finish for the week.png

Those medals are always welcomed. Others will fill in the blanks as the week wraps up.
All in all, despite my poor Relics showing, I consider the G.E. to be a success.
Didn't get the Big Prizes I long for, but the other benefits never fall short.
Big Medals.
Big Guild Contribution points.
Nice prizes along the trail on my way to the finish.

did one job.jpg

What's not to like?
Thank you.

*Done editing*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

Ouch! Right in the feels!
I had a very poor return on my relics for once, since I had my ToR.
On the flip-side, the latest neighborhood shuffle took out all my Post-modern tower competition.
At least for now.
13 of the top 15 players in my hood are Modern Era.
I'm still in Progressive, but I have Modern and Post-Modern units to fight with.
Add in 7 rogues and nice GB's, and it turns into a Steamroll Event.

iamtheemperor

I had a very poor return on my relics for once, since I had my ToR.
On the flip-side, the latest neighborhood shuffle took out all my Post-modern tower competition.
At least for now.
13 of the top 15 players in my hood are Modern Era.
I'm still in Progressive, but I have Modern and Post-Modern units to fight with.
Add in 7 rogues and nice GB's, and it turns into a Steamroll Event.

Actually, I was referring to the Hodor meme.

DeletedUser14197

I finally decided to try progressive age GE again and have completed all but the last 2 battles. Someone suggested one sniper and one tank and 6 rogues, but I guess I am not too good with the snipers as it wasn't goign well for me so I retreated. Most of the rogues did turn into snipers, but they weren't doing much damage against what was in reach. At any rate, are there any other suggestions before I resort to negotiations or tavern bonus. I really jsut wanted to see if I could do it on my own. I am definitely not doing it for the final prize as I am quitting this city soon. It was just a challenge and I wanted to see if I could do it, but as it stands right now, I can't. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It is a 2 wave battle of course and all 5 unit types are included. No lights on the first wave if I remember correctly, but tanks, fast, snipers and cannon. Just doesn't seem to be anything that will leave me enough alive to win the second wave. Or maybe there is a strategy to fighting that someone knows of that would help

DeletedUser26660

I use couple of tanks with 6 rogues, send the rogues forward as far as possible as fast as possible in order to take out the rapid fire canons as they have a good range and cause problems the longer they are left, then deal with conscripts and leave things like armored cars til last as they don't inflict as much damage, I find this works well for me by taking out the canons first.

DeletedUser14197

I use couple of tanks with 6 rogues, send the rogues forward as far as possible as fast as possible in order to take out the rapid fire canons as they have a good range and cause problems the longer they are left, then deal with conscripts and leave things like armored cars til last as they don't inflict as much damage, I find this works well for me by taking out the canons first.

I cannot believe I actually won it! I only have 2 rogues alive, but hey, I did it! Thanks so much for the advice. It worked.

Now if I could only win the last one. It is a mix too, a little differnt than the last one and has a champion in the first wave, that is easy enough to take out, kind of like a freebie, which I need so desperately.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14197

If you provide the exact troop comp for wave 1 and wave 2 I can try and provide you some specific advice.

wave 1 has: 1 champion, 1 conscript, 1 tank, 1 sniper, 2 cannons, 2 armored cars

wave 2 has: 1 rogue, 1 cannon, 1 armored car, 1 sniper, 2 tanks, 2 conscripts

wolfhoundtoo

I'd tend to use the following:

1 Tank, 1 Armored Car and 6 rogues. Since the last time I fought in PE (earlier this week in GVG) the cannons can't usually hit you on the 1st turn I will keep my real units back turn 1 so they don't take any damage. If the enemy moves 1st and you can hit one of them without taking damage when the rest move you should take it but that tends to be rare. So my basic advice is this hang back turn 1 kill the enemy as they come into range as they convert your rogues. I'd target the champion 1st then the armored cars. Keep moving towards the cannons turn 2 so that you can hit them turn 3. ideally you will use your armored cars on the conscripts and the snipers. Tanks on the champion. Everything else that you can kill before it shoots again.

For Wave 2: I'd move the rogues forward to get converted while keeping my real units back. the armored car will probably charge forward so you should be able to pick that off 1st. then if your rogues convert mostly to armored cars I'd kill the conscripts, sniper and cannon next. if you get mostly tanks eliminate the enemy tanks next if they are in range. the trick in the 2nd round is to kill the enemy as fast as you can in the order they move so they don't get to shoot you. So if mostly tanks kill the tanks 1st then any target you can kill completely. So basically sniper, cannon then the conscripts. Avoid the rogue if you can of course.

DeletedUser14197

I'd tend to use the following:

1 Tank, 1 Armored Car and 6 rogues. Since the last time I fought in PE (earlier this week in GVG) the cannons can't usually hit you on the 1st turn I will keep my real units back turn 1 so they don't take any damage. If the enemy moves 1st and you can hit one of them without taking damage when the rest move you should take it but that tends to be rare. So my basic advice is this hang back turn 1 kill the enemy as they come into range as they convert your rogues. I'd target the champion 1st then the armored cars. Keep moving towards the cannons turn 2 so that you can hit them turn 3. ideally you will use your armored cars on the conscripts and the snipers. Tanks on the champion. Everything else that you can kill before it shoots again.

For Wave 2: I'd move the rogues forward to get converted while keeping my real units back. the armored car will probably charge forward so you should be able to pick that off 1st. then if your rogues convert mostly to armored cars I'd kill the conscripts, sniper and cannon next. if you get mostly tanks eliminate the enemy tanks next if they are in range. the trick in the 2nd round is to kill the enemy as fast as you can in the order they move so they don't get to shoot you. So if mostly tanks kill the tanks 1st then any target you can kill completely. So basically sniper, cannon then the conscripts. Avoid the rogue if you can of course.

Thanks for the tips. I will try it. I do not have much experience fighting with armored cars. I have experience taking them out and they seem to be kind of easy to geet rid of. Not sure if I can keep them alive.

wolfhoundtoo

some additional tips for using armored cars:

1) tanks get an attack/defense boost against armored cars which is why I suggest you kill everything else 1st if you are using armored cars as it will probably take 3 hits to kill a tank with an armored car.

2) Try and have the armored cars end up on plain hexes. They get a small defense boost.
3) Armored cars have a att/def boost against ranged units so are especially effective against snipers.
4) I suggest the armored car because conscripts get a boost over heavy units like tanks so an armored car can usually kill the conscripts faster.
5) Tanks tend to be slower so depending on the map the extra speed of a couple of armored cars is useful to quickly cross the distance to kill cannons.

The main thing to remember is let your rogues be in a position to absorb as much damage for you as possible so that when they convert they can be concentrated to kill enemy units. Reducing the number of enemy hits that you take is the most critical aspect in a 2 wave battle.

Last edited:

DeletedUser14197

some additional tips for using armored cars:

1) tanks get an attack/defense boost against armored cars which is why I suggest you kill everything else 1st if you are using armored cars as it will probably take 3 hits to kill a tank with an armored car.

2) Try and have the armored cars end up on plain hexes. They get a small defense boost.
3) Armored cars have a att/def boost against ranged units so are especially effective against snipers.
4) I suggest the armored car because conscripts get a boost over heavy units like tanks so an armored car can usually kill the conscripts faster.
5) Tanks tend to be slower so depending on the map the extra speed of a couple of armored cars is useful to quickly cross the distance to kill cannons.

The main thing to remember is let your rogues be in a position to absorb as much damage for you as possible so that when they convert they can be concentrated to kill enemy units. Reducing the number of enemy hits that you take is the most critical aspect in a 2 wave battle.