• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition - Feedback

DeletedUser10415

In general, a great addition to the game. However, there's this...
img

In Future Era, I have absolutely no use for this building. Heck - It's useless for anyone who isn't in Bronze Age. I should have gotten something more worth all the hovertanks, railguns, and rogues lost attempting to win this final battle.

Please Inno, remove this failure of a shrine from the game. Alternatively, give it to Newbies in the tutorial instead of that silly longhouse you give them.

garazon

In two years of playing, this has to be the best addition to the game I have seen in all that time! Thanks much! Speaking as one of those whose time zones prevents me being around at recalculation, I miss a lot of GvG fights, nice to be fighting on my own time , and getting in on the towers too :)

DeletedUser11251

Heads up Inno, I am hearing rumblings of a loop hole in the system. Points for retreating??? Is it true, can someone retreat after killing wave 1 and 7 units of wave 2 and score points over and over again? I hope not, it would be like GvG point farming all over again. Please check on this and make sure NO POINTS for retreating :eek:

DeletedUser8152

Heads up Inno, I am hearing rumblings of a loop hole in the system. Points for retreating??? Is it true, can someone retreat after killing wave 1 and 7 units of wave 2 and score points over and over again? I hope not, it would be like GvG point farming all over again. Please check on this and make sure NO POINTS for retreating :eek:
It is true, and pointed out in the original announcement. However, the points are not a lot, and the number of times you can do it is limited by the number of attempts you have. If you want to spend medals for more attempts, of course, then you can.

And just to be clear, this gives you guild GE points that count towards a guild check point and power reward. It doesn't (or shouldn't anyway) give you personal battle points for the PvP tower.

Can you please tell me when you have double battles, why you can fix the troops and change them out, the system gets new troops but the player can only fix her/his troops with diamonds, or retreating? I want to be able to change out the damaged troops/tanks and then have a fair fight, your way gives advantage to the game none to the player. Why should you get fresh and different troops, and I have to either pay to fix mine or retreat? Please let me know if there is a way to get new troops. Thanks

cbalto1927

Can you please tell me when you have double battles, why you can fix the troops and change them out, the system gets new troops but the player can only fix her/his troops with diamonds, or retreating? I want to be able to change out the damaged troops/tanks and then have a fair fight, your way gives advantage to the game none to the player. Why should you get fresh and different troops, and I have to either pay to fix mine or retreat? Please let me know if there is a way to get new troops. Thanks

At this moment, there are no way to get fresh troops. You can only heal units with diamonds inbetween waves. That's why it best to plan ahead of time and use the best units possible for both waves. Since GE computer controlled units with PVP strategies, you can use one main unit, and all other 7 are rouges. The computer will target rouges first.

DeletedUser10415

Can you please tell me when you have double battles, why you can fix the troops and change them out, the system gets new troops but the player can only fix her/his troops with diamonds, or retreating?

Not all battles on the GE map have two waves. Adding a 2nd wave increases the challenge. This is nothing new. On the storyline continent map, you will eventually run into these two wave battles as well. In all but the most difficult of fights, if you choose your troops carefully by examining both waves beforehand, you can generally win, though you will usually not finish both waves without taking some losses. Optionally, you can throw diamonds at it, and take no losses.

DeletedUser23809

Back to the subject of Expedition Points: Is the happiness of the population included in the computation? I don't care about medals and PvP tournaments, so I don't mind the -50% of an angry population. For better or for worse that's what I do -- let's not discuss the merits of that. But maybe I'll change that if I can double my Expedition Points (and so double my contribution to my guild) by having my population be content. Thoughts?

DeletedUser6163

The year is not over yet but Guild Expeditions might be the best new game feature in 2016. It is quite a hit with our guild, as we are seeing over 80% participation from our members. The battles are enjoyable and the level of difficulty is beatable but challenging enough. The rewards are in line with the level of participation required to obtain them, well done there. One negative of the GE is the amount of downtime between expeditions is too long. I'm not sure why there is a full 24 hours of cooldown time, but it would be nice to have a shorter cooldown time similar to PvP tournaments.

The biggest thing that concerns me, though, is that the game lag continues. There is lag even during the Guild Expeditions. It seems to get worse and worse with any new event or added feature. As some others have commented, it seriously hinders gameplay by making what should be easygoing freetime into an endless stream of frustration. I hope the developers will work on making the game respond to clicks faster, during battles, and even during everyday tasks like the messaging and trading systems.

DeletedUser11427

I am pretty sure the goods cost is minimal, like 6 goods or something, and it unlocks the new difficulty for that age for the entire guild. So if a person has an observatory, atomium, or arc, they're paying for the age their doing each week anyhow. Just that much more important to ensure as many people in guild as possible have those GB's
It is not a small goods cost. Is the goods cost for every good from the various ages of members, or only for 1 of the goods? Re; In a guild, we have 58 members in FE. which adds up to about 1000 FE goods per week, if LvL 3 of Expeditions is opened. Is it 1000 of each FE good, or just one of the FE goods? Also, can the next Expedition level only be unlocked, when a Founder or Leader reaches that juncture? Any other member will have to wait until a leader catches up? In the example above, even if all those FE members had OBs. it requires TE goods for each FE member

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

You would need 90 Tomorrow Era Goods per week per FE player for your Guild. That's about or 5 days on one TE Goods building. Is that a lot? Up to your Guild to decide.

DeletedUser8152

It is not a small goods cost. Is the goods cost for every good from the various ages of members, or only for 1 of the goods?
It is an equal amount of each good.
Re; In a guild, we have 58 members in FE. which adds up to about 1000 FE goods per week, if LvL 3 of Expeditions is opened. Is it 1000 of each FE good, or just one of the FE goods?
It tells you exactly what you need when you go to unlock the level. The costs listed in the announcement refer to individual goods. So when it says each guild member in FE generates a cost of 6 TE goods, that means 6 of each.
Also, can the next Expedition level only be unlocked, when a Founder or Leader reaches that juncture?
No, a leader or founder can unlock the higher levels at any time.

DeletedUser11427

Initial thoughts ... seems rather labourious in the sense that its kinda wash, rinse, repeat so, unless the individual rewards and guild rewards turn out to be of real benefit I can see boredom setting in ... that is JUST an initial observation. Next week there could be fireworks and a party and if so, I take back what I just said :D
I think this may be correct, although I have seen some players taking a renewed interest in fighting at this early stage.

DeletedUser23123

You know that look when someone get really hook on a game. You know like, when the internet first came out or Netflix Binging. Even when I got the Special Addiction Halo/Xbox Package. Yeah, That Look. Got It again.

One minor downfall. Got Colosseum and Babel Prints. Really gotta reconsider this. Make it where a player can disable these old GB prints.

DeletedUser8420

At this moment, there are no way to get fresh troops. You can only heal units with diamonds inbetween waves. That's why it best to plan ahead of time and use the best units possible for both waves. Since GE computer controlled units with PVP strategies, you can use one main unit, and all other 7 are rouges. The computer will target rouges first.
I have used EVERY possible combo I can without using diamond (don't have rogues) and I am always stuck at level 2 first major battle point. As I stated earlier I have had it with expeditions. The cost to produce military units does not measure to the so-called awards. With the opposition allowed 2 complete armies to one with the second battle totally stacked against us is ridiculous. YES I know I COULD have another army if only I would shell out diamonds to heal said units. AGAIN, the so-called rewards do not merit that expense. NOT HAPPENING...

And BEFORE someone mentions the continent map has 2 waves....when you come up with this same scenario on the continent map you can NEGOTIATE pass it. WHEN WILL THE NEGOTIATE OPTION BECOME AVAILABLE? Of course the Devs are too busy with these "historical" quests to finish a project properly. Again the cart before the horse. Bring out something else instead of getting the first one working properly.

DeletedUser8420

Wow. You must have no attack GBs, eh?

Actually yes I do ....as in currently
CDM = level 10
Zeus = level 9
Aachen = level 7

And yes I have a number of troops except for rogues. I have tried NUMEROUS combinations on 2nd level 4th battle point, I get through the 1st wave but don't have enough to make it through the 2nd wave without the use of diamonds, NOT worth the $ so no diamonds will be used. If this was the continental map I could negotiate and I assume eventually we will be able to do so with expeditions (if they ever open the option up....they may decide to do the same thing with negotiate as they did the gift option....dangle it as promise but never open it)

DeletedUser23444

No I don't think the expo points depend on happiness.

I disagree with this statement. When we complete a battle in GE, just like in PvP, or in GvG, we will see our battle points at the top of the battle summary. And if we have enthusiastic happiness, we will see: "(120%)" next to our battle points.

While I don't have any hard confirmation, it seems that the more battle points we score, the more GE points we score. So the inference here is that enthusiastic happiness does play a role in GE points.