• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition- New Rewards

Leroni

Ok...GE prizes feedback here: Where have the 100 FP relics been? Prizes are LAME , even in level FOUR!!! They are NOT listening to our feedback!
They claimed GE, level 4 would have such "great" rewards.....what a let down. Shame on those that thought up the "new" prizes were "better" than in the past. They are the SAME prizes, that look different & have a "new" name...THAT's ALL!!!
I'm going to use the Monday Night Football's call here......Com'on Man!!!

DeletedUser20367

100 FP relics are still around. Got three of them this week so far across 7 worlds.

DeletedUser22067

I'm just soooo tired of getting the Flower Arbor as the final prize when I finish ANY level of GE. I have enough of the stupid things to grow my own forest! For the love of God, could Inno please take it away!!!

DeletedUser

Ok...GE prizes feedback here: Where have the 100 FP relics been? Prizes are LAME , even in level FOUR!!! They are NOT listening to our feedback!
They claimed GE, level 4 would have such "great" rewards.....what a let down. Shame on those that thought up the "new" prizes were "better" than in the past. They are the SAME prizes, that look different & have a "new" name...THAT's ALL!!!
I'm going to use the Monday Night Football's call here......Com'on Man!!!
It's "C'mon, Man!" Literacy today. smh

DeletedUser13838

I'm just soooo tired of getting the Flower Arbor as the final prize when I finish ANY level of GE. I have enough of the stupid things to grow my own forest! For the love of God, could Inno please take it away!!!
Move up to OF and you can start collecting aquariums instead (though to be honest I haven't gotten any of those yet, just those relic decos).

DeletedUser27811

I finished 4th level Guild Expedition this week, and the final reward did not have an option for a Terrace Farm. I hope this is temporary, because "Store Building" as a reward is definitely a slap in the face for the time/goods spent on completing FOURTH level. If this keeps up, I'm done with GE.
BTW, this is my 2nd post EVER in the forum and I've been playing for years. So, I'm not a chronic complainer, but "store building" ... REALLY? As the final reward for 4th level GE? *sighs*
Terrace Farm made all those GE goods ... ALL the mega amount of goods to finish 4th level seem worthwhile. I sure hope this was a one week glitch....

DeletedUser26660

I finished 4th level Guild Expedition this week, and the final reward did not have an option for a Terrace Farm. I hope this is temporary, because "Store Building" as a reward is definitely a slap in the face for the time/goods spent on completing FOURTH level. If this keeps up, I'm done with GE.

I have to agree, all the effort to get to 64 and then to get a store building which is not that great a prize compared to the terrace farm which at least gives you 5 FPs a day and other options. In order for GE to survive long term and indeed progress the level 4 rewards need to be more in line with the extra effort needed. INNO launched level 4 with a big fanfare saying how tough it was and yet the ultimate reward is not commensurate with getting there...tip: keep terrace farm as one of 2 decent rewards to encourage us to play to 64, otherwise we may as well stop at 63.

DeletedUser9681

Hi, I just wanted to make some comments about GE. I have pushed GE in the guilds I run, for a while, but I will not be doing that anymore, just as I will not be doing 64 attempts or even 48 anymore. It costs tooooo much and you get tooooo little back. The new prizes are mostly a joke. If I lose a rogue an I get 2 attempts (something I can gain all on my own, just by waiting 2 hours), I am annoyed. Attempts are not a prize. The motivation or mass motivation kits negate polivating. How can you have a prize, that negates part of the game, as you set it out. My city is large now, so your wishing wells and oasis (even with the new names) just sit in inventory, they do not fit in my city. BPs are also not a very good prize, I can get these when I polivate, seems to me, your prizes are meant to make people not bother polivating. :(

I have 21 clock tower apartments in inventory an 48 flower arbors. I have too many gates of the sun god and face of the ancients in inventory, and have never placed one in any of my cities. And you have made GE harder, toooo hard. If it cannot be fought, if you must negotiate, it is no fun for me. :(

One up kits, reno kits, fps seem to be the only decent prizes you give these days. SOKs are also a good prize. So, I will be limiting my participation in GE from now on and no longer requiring it from the people in my guild. Thank you.

DeletedUser26660

Hi, I just wanted to make some comments about GE. I have pushed GE in the guilds I run, for a while, but I will not be doing that anymore, just as I will not be doing 64 attempts or even 48 anymore. It costs tooooo much and you get tooooo little back. The new prizes are mostly a joke. If I lose a rogue an I get 2 attempts (something I can gain all on my own, just by waiting 2 hours), I am annoyed. Attempts are not a prize. The motivation or mass motivation kits negate polivating. How can you have a prize, that negates part of the game, as you set it out. My city is large now, so your wishing wells and oasis (even with the new names) just sit in inventory, they do not fit in my city. BPs are also not a very good prize, I can get these when I polivate, seems to me, your prizes are meant to make people not bother polivating. :(

I have 21 clock tower apartments in inventory an 48 flower arbors. I have too many gates of the sun god and face of the ancients in inventory, and have never placed one in any of my cities. And you have made GE harder, toooo hard. If it cannot be fought, if you must negotiate, it is no fun for me. :(

One up kits, reno kits, fps seem to be the only decent prizes you give these days. SOKs are also a good prize. So, I will be limiting my participation in GE from now on and no longer requiring it from the people in my guild. Thank you.

A well written and great post, I have to agree with everything in it.

When one thinks about the whole setup of level 4 at the moment it is quite ridiculous with the rewards offered for effort expended. The rewards that are offered like the Gate of the Sun God are useless to the players who can actually get them and only probably of some value to the players who cannot.

The extra attempts are also useless as we can buy extra attempts if we want with medals, but why do we want to sit there for hours playing GE just because we won 4 extra attempts plus 2 extra attempts plus....I don't see the need or value for them on level 4, there is no rush to do the level so why have them.

Level 4 should have great rewards every step of the way and every step should have a reward that betters the previous step to reward the achievement. Battle 49 starts with 2 FPs which is good but then we get 50% reward options which include things like a Victory Tower, I mean seriously a Victory Tower for level 4!! BPs are also a waste of time as rewards, I could build dozens of ToRs and it also seems that when I get multiple BPs as rewards I get Colosseum, ToB and Zeus, I never get ARC, AO and CC group.

I do hope INNO quickly revamps GE level 4 rewards otherwise I think that more and more guilds will drop out of GE for the reasons we have all mentioned in this thread and refocus on members as the key reason for being in a guild and not how those members perform in GE which happens at the moment.

Leroni

GE has become quite disheartening since the "new" prizes came out. First of all the prizes are LAME, if you even get one. secondly, they've made GE much harder to finish. The losses Vs. what is gained heavily leans in INNO's favor. And the fact that we get attempts as "prizes" continues. I know in a few guilds I'm in, they are not going to require doing any GE at all (all voluntary). We lose troops/goods/diamonds for little gain. very disappointed that INNO hasn't been listening/reading the feedback. It's like communicating to a tree.

DeletedUser22924

Guild Expeditions are by now a well-established and popular feature of Forge of Empires. We've put a lot of thought and love into those new additions, so please let us know how we did! We will be happy to read your opinions here in the Feedback Thread!

Your Forge of Empires Team

Initially loved GE, who doesn't. You get to fight until you expend all units, and the Guild benefits. The prizes were great, the competition amongst Guildies was phenomenal, encouraged comradery. Then, Inno struck with another attempt to drive us from their game with the "New and Improved" version. Extraordinary efforts and costs for little or no reward.

IF it weren't a Guild Requirement, I'd never participate again in GE.

DeletedUser27811

I have to agree, all the effort to get to 64 and then to get a store building which is not that great a prize compared to the terrace farm which at least gives you 5 FPs a day and other options. In order for GE to survive long term and indeed progress the level 4 rewards need to be more in line with the extra effort needed. INNO launched level 4 with a big fanfare saying how tough it was and yet the ultimate reward is not commensurate with getting there...tip: keep terrace farm as one of 2 decent rewards to encourage us to play to 64, otherwise we may as well stop at 63.
Another "store building" at 64 GE. What crap! Sacred Sky Watch (other option) would have been slightly better, but I can get that from a relic. Where's the super awesome rewards for ALL those goods/time/diamonds/tavern silver it takes to get to 64??

DeletedUser

I was inclined to defend GE, but with the lack of goods now as prizes, the useless BPs, the lame level 4 prizes (for the most part), I have to join the chorus. Bring back the goods prize packs, get rid of most of the BPs, or at least make them more worthwhile. I think a good idea with BPs would be to make the ones you win be within at least 2 ages of your current age. They can do that with goods, should be easy to do with BPs. I do, however, like the attempts prizes, although maybe cut them down by 1/3.

DeletedUser24330

The prizes in GE are disappointing, far too often. I agree with almost everything posted before this about how it was better before the "Improvement". I would point out that Relic drops seem much less frequent and the prizes from Relics can be as frustrating as prizes from the Treasure Chests are. I got a Gold Relic, finally, and the prize was 2900 Medals, pathetic.

I am done with Part 4 of GE. The troop losses are too heavy, the prizes are horrible, those that are offered are worse than what's offered in Parts 1 through 3. And negotiating Part 4 is far too expensive. Whether fighting or negotiating, what we get is not worth what it costs. The only reason to consider doing Part 4 is hoping to get a few Relics. A with the lousy Relic drop rate and the chance of getting another horrible prize, I'll save my goods and my troops.

PP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

One thing worth pointing out is that using up goods to play GE4 adds to your point ranking, if you care about such things.

DeletedUser26660

The last reward on GE level 3 (battle 48) now has 5 different options of which the terrace farm is one with just 5% chance of getting it, so a 5% chance of getting it out of 5 rewards. The terrace farm used to be a 50-50 chance on battle 64 in level 4 but now it has been moved to battle 48 there is very little chance of getting it and it has been replaced in battle 64 by a store building!!

DeletedUser28903

Additional attempts would be much better as items, yes. Nothing worse than being tired after a 8 attempt run then getting 6 more in the process like I did today.

Would have much rather saved them for tonight when I was more in the mood.
They would be much smaller that way--just one attempt. But yes, more useful. When I have lots of attempts and then I win 4, they are as useful as the 45th BP.