• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition- New Rewards

DeletedUser27889

More of this to the bar thing. Extra attempts would have been great to keep in inventory and use when you A) Have the time B) Have a relic you want to unlock. Also getting extra attempts resets the timer. I could have gained a FP while I was playing GE and possibly lost count but I think the FPs you now get on your bar resets the FP timer if you get up to 10 as well.
Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 2.55.36 PM.png

Ritual Flame = Gold relic.

ITown

Please turn the motivation kit into a polish kit. I need a polish far more often than I need something motivated when it's collection time.

DeletedUser27889

Please turn the motivation kit into a polish kit. I need a polish far more often than I need something motivated when it's collection time.
If it's happy you need there is a tavern boost for that but I'm with you, the kit should do both.

DeletedUser23444

For the benefit of all, I've painstaking compiled the Spoiler below to include active links to all the relevant FoE Wiki articles about the new GE-themed buildings and I've also added my own review about some buildings, as well as notes how each relates to previously existing special buildings in the game.

AFAIK, all the Wiki pages I have included links to in the spoiler below seem to be up-to-date.

Table Listing Costs to Unlock each GE Level

Here are links to the FoE Wiki Articles for each new GE-themed building.

Terrace Farm5x6 Production Building
This building is in the same general category as other multi-resource production buildings that cannot be motivated, which includes: Bazaar, Luau, Soccer Field, and other such buildings. With 5x6 dimensions, this building is significantly larger than all other buildings in its class, which are usually 5x4 or 4x5. However, this building can produce significantly more refined goods per-24 hours or significantly more FPs per-24 hours than any other building in its class. This building also requires the most population of any building in its class and it does not provide any happiness, unlike some other buildings in the category that demand a lot of population. This building could actually be used quite effectively in later eras to produce the same amount of refined goods, per 24 hours, as a conventional goods production building; but with a significantly discounted total production cost, and without the need to capture a goods deposit on the Continental Map, and without the need to unlock a corresponding technology. And like all other buildings in its class, this one can still fit in the 1-lane road district of a city. This is actually a very solid building.

Fountain of Youth3x3 Random-producing building
This building is statistically the same as the Wishing Well, and is only different cosmetically.

Sacred Sky Watch3x2 Residential Building
This building is a less-efficient variant of the Shrine of Knowledge. While the coins production efficiency is exactly the same as the SoK (coins-per-hour-per-tile), it consumes 150% of the land that 1 SoK consumes in order to produce a single forge point. (If I were designing a similar GE-themed building myself, I would have created two variations, one 2x4 and the other 4x2, that both had the same coins production efficiency and also produced 2 forge points every 24 hours when they were motivated.)

Tribal Square4x3 Residential Building
This building is statistically the same as the Oasis, which has a different appearance and the opposite dimensions at 3 x 4.

Ritual Flame2x1 Defense Structure
Scoring this structure is essentially the same as scoring two Watchfires, only in a single 2x1 building with a different appearance.

Face of the Ancient and/or Gate of the Sun God2x2 Decorations
These two decorations have the same statistics and only differ cosmetically. Both buildings are now tied for the most efficient decorations (hap-per-tile) in the entire game. (The previous decorations that used to champion this building class were the: Sphinx, Wisteria Topiary, and the Decorated Baobab. These new buildings are also more efficient that most premium decorations from the same age or era that these new buildings are age-locked to.

Each linked Wiki article has all the stats of every building plus an image.

DeletedUser13838

The oasis (now tribal square) moved from rare to uncommon and the reno kit is now a rare relic. I'd have thought they'd be reversed.

Edit: Just realized it's the opposite dimension which is handy.

Additional attempts would be much better as items, yes. Nothing worse than being tired after a 8 attempt run then getting 6 more in the process like I did today.

Would have much rather saved them for tonight when I was more in the mood.
You don't need to take the prizes as soon as you've won an encounter. I agree they should be in packs though I suppose inno doesn't want us stockpiling them for use in future expeditions.

DeletedUser27889

You don't need to take the prizes as soon as you've won an encounter. I agree they should be in packs though I suppose inno doesn't want us stockpiling them for use in future expeditions.
Yeah but you don't know it's going to be attempts until you take the prize, also you can't continue until you do. I think it would be a better system even if they disappeared at the end of GE. Like whatever attempts you gained could only be used for that GE, wouldn't cary over. Since they don't want to really let us have packs of anything anymore, I doubt it will change.

DeletedUser13838

Well if you wanted to continue then getting extra attempts isn't a problem. And if you didn't want to continue then there's no reason to take the prize immediately. Obviously it's not ideal but it's the best I have with the way things are now.

DeletedUser24719

OK so INNO changed rewards. Big deal. Now instead of a bunch of useless BPs we now get a bunch of useless decorations, attempts etc. From crap to crap. Thanks INNO what a bunch of useless idiots

DeletedUser27040

Many games have temporary items that only remain in your inventory for a certain period of time. Sometimes it works very well as it doesn't clutter up your inventory and you know up front that it's a limited time item. However, they can cause a lot of confusion and frustration. Some players complain, loudly, that the item should never disappear unless they get rid of it (usually these players are hoarders or collectors). Frequently complaints come from folks who ignore or don't notice the temporary tag/countdown timer and get very angry when it disappears. With Inno expressing concern with new players possibly being confused and unable to locate packs in the inventory, I don't see this happening unfortunately. I do like the idea of storing them if desired to be used later when I have more time or a bonus burning.

DeletedUser28503

We discovered that adding even more Forge Points to the inventories (which are already filled up with packages from Great Building contribution) slows the game down.
OMG, finally we found out why the game lags, crashes and has so many issues. It was forge packs clogging up our inventories. This reminds me of a support post about a issues reply saying clear cache and change browser. Last time I wrote a program I struggled with integers to after they reach 5 digits and my application slowed to a crawl.

DeletedUser26154

BPs we now get a bunch of useless decorations, attempts etc.

I do use the decos, they come in handy at times.
Especially the Playgrounds.

playground.png

I've added over 5000 people to my city after entering Postmodern Era.

The attempts are useful too, especially if you use Timed Tavern Buffs.
These items [decos, additional attempts] are used to "pad the prize table".
What that means is, they are weaker prizes placed there to dilute the strength of total winnings available.
Inno can't dump treasure chests full of loot on our heads every time we touch something.
As much as we would all like it, the game model doesn't support that.
No real game models do, now that I think about it.

Thanks INNO what a bunch of useless idiots

Until I open a successful computer game company, I won't make comments like that.

DeletedUser27096

An Arc nerf would be the end of times. I did a lot of hard work to get where I'm at. Just thinking of that makes me want to shoot animals =.

jk
OMG, don't shoot any defenseless animals unless they are stuffed! NYC rats are fair game, though...ick!