• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition- New Rewards

DeletedUser8420

Well I am glad I left the ancient in my inventory...looks like that will now be the case on new buildings....sit in inventory until reasonably sure that no nerf'ing will take place. So it is more evidence we can NOT trust anything they bring live to the game.

wolfhoundtoo

You only lost something if you deleted something that would of been better under the new values. Yes I built mine.......not sure I'll keep them with the new values but I'll figure that out when the change occurs on the live servers. Lastly yes if you are going to get angry/annoyed/upset over any change to anything then you should wait awhile before building any of them. Because like it or not in games like this adjustments occur.

DeletedUser27051

Lastly yes if you are going to get angry/annoyed/upset over any change to anything then you should wait awhile before building any of them. Because like it or not in games like this adjustments occur.
I understand what you are trying to say but it does not seem justified to me when you have a beta server. There really is no point in having the beta server if you're not going to listen to any feedback or double check any values that buildings/units have. The whole purpose of beta is to hash out and correct any mistakes before they make it to the live servers so that you don't piss off your customers.

DeletedUser8420

These "adjustments" are becoming a regular common occurrence. The level of dev incompetence is astounding...considering that they take things to Beta first before going live.

wolfhoundtoo

they made a mistake in putting our Artic in stages (from my perspective anyway) so they didn't really have the chance to test those units against each other. I sincerely hope they wait to put Oceanic out at one time. And this was the 1st age where you actually had a chance to see how units stacked up against each other in greater detail between ages (PVP is pretty limited for such things).

Ylisaveta

ok I keep seeing word on upcoming nerf'ing on the new decos....WHICH ONES AND BY HOW MUCH!

This ner'fing has got to stop....enough already...if you bring it live after beta testing it should stay as given...

The two new 2x2 decos, Face of the Ancient and Gate of the Sun God. are the nerfees.

Under Changes, about halfway done the page, the spoiler tag is the new value. Took about 2/5ths of the happiness.
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/full-changelog-1-95-reference.7118/

DeletedUser8420

they made a mistake in putting our Artic in stages (from my perspective anyway) so they didn't really have the chance to test those units against each other. I sincerely hope they wait to put Oceanic out at one time. And this was the 1st age where you actually had a chance to see how units stacked up against each other in greater detail between ages (PVP is pretty limited for such things).
They had a chance on beta, people on beta pointed out the problems and they STILL brought it over live.

qaccy

You know people are bad when they're even going to raise hell over decorations being changed. Y'know, those things everyone usually doesn't care about/never put into their city anyway. It's quite sad, really.

DeletedUser26965

Well I am glad I left the ancient in my inventory...looks like that will now be the case on new buildings....sit in inventory until reasonably sure that no nerf'ing will take place. So it is more evidence we can NOT trust anything they bring live to the game.
I agree with this but not only for stuff that goes to inventory but any new thing that comes out. Anything that comes in OF tech watch out. Some sort of nerfing and adjustment can and should always be expected but the level and type of adjustments Inno has been making its clear that we should consider at least the first month of any new tech, event, reward, feature etc. that comes out on live a test run with the expectation it can be severely diminished or changed. It's sad that we have to do that but would save a lot of frustration.

DeletedUser11680

Oh, and here are the details of how battles will have changed.

Battle:
  • Iron Age - Removal of boosts in the 3rd difficulty
  • Early Middle Ages - Removal of boosts in the 3rd difficulty
  • High Middle Ages - Decreases in boosts in the 3rd difficulty
  • Late Middle Ages - No changes
  • Colonial Age - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Industrial Age - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Progressive Era - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Modern Era - Decreases in the 1st and 2nd difficulties
  • Postmodern Era - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Contemporary Era - Minor decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Tomorrow - Minor decreases in boosts in 1st, 2nd and 3rd difficulties
  • The Future - No changes
  • Arctic Future - Increases in boosts in 1st, 2nd and 3rd difficulties
Can someone clarify this for me please...for example, does this mean that for AF battles, it is more difficult for us to beat the AI? That seems to be my experience this week, since GE level 4 was opened up.

DeletedUser25920

Can someone clarify this for me please...for example, does this mean that for AF battles, it is more difficult for us to beat the AI? That seems to be my experience this week, since GE level 4 was opened up.

It means the armies you are facing have higher attack boost.

lemur

We discovered that adding even more Forge Points to the inventories (which are already filled up with packages from Great Building contribution) slows the game down.

Why do you think this is a problem?

Why would it be a problem to play the game with very slow progression through the ages?

I don't think you understand your own game! If you weren't so busy trying to force your customers to race to the end of a terminal game sequence, then you wouldn't have to continually warp the game with increasingly ludicrous additions to that Tech Tree. (Arctic Future? Oceanic Future?? ... ROFL)

Last edited:

lemur

Players have always stayed back in ages to build up gb's, players have always stayed behind for the recurring quests and those two types of players have always built up fp's packages along the way yet fp packages only became a problem recently and the only change in that time was the Arc and players power leveling them so I can't imagine it being anything other than that.

That's some astute analysis, Joe. I am one of those players focussing on the recurring quests. I have "stayed behind" and become strong, advancing all of my Great Buildings — especially Château Frontenac, which is now at Level 22.

I think InnoGames has ruined their game with the Arc. They are trying to fix that problem without driving away players, but they will not succeed.

Forge of Empires is much like the real society of the United States in that 90% of the wealth is owned by 1% of the active players. The Arc is a disaster because it allows rich players to become filthy rich, while the poor get trampled even further. It's like a massive subsidy for Wall Street bankers. Think about how well that's working out for creating a healthy society in the real world.

InnoGames will not nerf the Arc because that would probably alienate many of the 1% (many of whom are high spenders). So instead, InnoGames will experiment with changes that anger the 99%.

Anwar Dalati understood that the success of the game depended primarily on making it very attractive and fun to play for free. He understood that you build a thriving society from the bottom up. The current managers of the game don't seem to grasp that truth. They seem to think that success comes from catering to the rich.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8420

You know people are bad when they're even going to raise hell over decorations being changed. Y'know, those things everyone usually doesn't care about/never put into their city anyway. It's quite sad, really.
Ok another company man...IT IS NOT THE DECOS, IT IS THE IDEA THAT THEY KEEP BRINGING THINGS LIVE AND THEN NERF THEM AFTER THE FACT. DUH!!!!!! The level of devs incompetence is growing instead of getting better. The nerf'ing seems to be taking place on one thing item or another nearly every update.