• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition- New Rewards

DeletedUser4770

Guild Expeditions are by now a well-established and popular feature of Forge of Empires. We've put a lot of thought and love into those new additions, so please let us know how we did! We will be happy to read your opinions here in the Feedback Thread!

Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser4770

We discovered that adding even more Forge Points to the inventories (which are already filled up with packages from Great Building contribution) slows the game down. That's why Forge Points from the Expedition map rewards will be now added directly to the Forge Points bar. This will allow for a more direct action (instant contribution or research and progress) as well as simplification of use. Please note that there are no plans to change the behavior of the GB contribution rewards at this time.

ITown

Which relics hold the one-up kit and store building kit?

Hoping that the medals gold relic was replaced with one-up, and store building replaced the premium decoration in the silver relic.

DeletedUser14395

You did promise to show us a table indicating the cost to unlock the 4th section. Where is this mysterious table, Panacea?

DeletedUser26759

We discovered that adding even more Forge Points to the inventories slows the game down. That's why Forge Points from the Expedition map rewards will be now added directly to the Forge Points bar....

So...updating the three entries (2FP Pack, 5FP Pack, and 10FP Pack) in the database "slows the game down", but updating who knows how many entries being added to the game with the Achievements system won't slow the game down. Right? Because you're super concerned about slowing the game down...

Neat trick.

DeletedUser26965

So...updating the three entries (2FP Pack, 5FP Pack, and 10FP Pack) in the database "slows the game down", but updating who knows how many entries being added to the game with the Achievements system won't slow the game down. Right? Because you're super concerned about slowing the game down...

Neat trick.
not lag, progression, I guess they think this will force tech progress

DeletedUser8420

Before the RG nerf'ing I use to play all 3 levels...now I rarely go pass GE level 2 ...when I even play that is....
with the nerf'ing of the crystal Villas I have stopped tech progress...don't seem to be a reason to rush anymore when things get nerf'd after the fact so often anymore.

ITown

Before the RG nerf'ing I use to play all 3 levels...now I rarely go pass GE level 2 ...when I even play that is....
with the nerf'ing of the crystal Villas I have stopped tech progress...don't seem to be a reason to rush anymore when things get nerf'd after the fact so often anymore.
I clear all 3 levels pretty easily and barely use rail guns.

Battle Fortresses and Plasma Artillery are both pretty good, I usually use them as a combination.

DeletedUser5111

Oh, and here are the details of how battles will have changed.

Battle:
  • Iron Age - Removal of boosts in the 3rd difficulty
  • Early Middle Ages - Removal of boosts in the 3rd difficulty
  • High Middle Ages - Decreases in boosts in the 3rd difficulty
  • Late Middle Ages - No changes
  • Colonial Age - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Industrial Age - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Progressive Era - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Modern Era - Decreases in the 1st and 2nd difficulties
  • Postmodern Era - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Contemporary Era - Minor decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Tomorrow - Minor decreases in boosts in 1st, 2nd and 3rd difficulties
  • The Future - No changes
  • Arctic Future - Increases in boosts in 1st, 2nd and 3rd difficulties

DeletedUser27889

Here is the announcement from beta that shows the buildings since darkstar was able to do it correctly over there
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...ds-balancing-changes-and-4th-difficulty.6911/

A link at the bottom of that page will take you to the beta feedback for this as they have been playing for a few weeks now. General consensus is quite bad but obviously that didn't stop them from rushing it out here. Uglier buildings offering either nerfed rewards or larger in size as previous buildings. Nerferd chance of 100 and 20 FPs (though a drop table has been asked for for weeks now, none provided) and a 4th level so expensive only well established guilds with large treasuries would think of opening it.

I thought that with how bad the feedback to this was in beta we wouldn't be getting this for a bit longer but I guess not.

DeletedUser23444

I know the Relics Table is out of date, which is precisely why I asked the question I posted earlier! I provided the link so that there was no confusion to the support staff as to which Wiki page I was referring to.

For the benefit of all, I have painstaking compiled the Spoiler below to include active links to all the relevant FoE Wiki articles about the new GE-themed buildings and I've also added my own review about some buildings, as well as notes how each relates to previously existing special buildings in the game.

AFAIK, all the Wiki pages I have included links to in the spoiler below seem to be up-to-date.

Table Listing Costs to Unlock each GE Level

Here are links to the FoE Wiki Articles for each new GE-themed building.

Terrace Farm5x6 Production Building
This building is in the same general category as other multi-resource production buildings that cannot be motivated, which includes: Bazaar, Luau, Soccer Field, and other such buildings. With 5x6 dimensions, this building is significantly larger than all other buildings in its class, which are usually 5x4 or 4x5. However, this building can produce significantly more refined goods per-24 hours or significantly more FPs per-24 hours than any other building in its class. This building also requires the most population of any building in its class and it does not provide any happiness, unlike some other buildings in the category that demand a lot of population. This building could actually be used quite effectively in later eras to produce the same amount of refined goods, per 24 hours, as a conventional goods production building; but with a significantly discounted total production cost, and without the need to capture a goods deposit on the Continental Map, and without the need to unlock a corresponding technology. And like all other buildings in its class, this one can still fit in the 1-lane road district of a city. This is actually a very solid building.

Fountain of Youth3x3 Random-producing building
This building is statistically the same as the Wishing Well, and is only different cosmetically.

Sacred Sky Watch3x2 Residential Building
This building is a less-efficient variant of the Shrine of Knowledge. While the coins production efficiency is exactly the same as the SoK (coins-per-hour-per-tile), it consumes 150% of the land that 1 SoK consumes in order to produce a single forge point. (If I were designing a similar GE-themed building myself, I would have created two variations, one 2x4 and the other 4x2, that both had the same coins production efficiency and also produced 2 forge points every 24 hours when they were motivated.)

Tribal Square4x3 Residential Building
This building is statistically the same as the Oasis, which has a different appearance and the opposite dimensions at 3 x 4.

Ritual Flame2x1 Defense Structure
Scoring this structure is essentially the same as scoring two Watchfires, only in a single 2x1 building with a different appearance.

Face of the Ancient and/or Gate of the Sun God2x2 Decorations
These two decorations have the same statistics and only differ cosmetically. Both buildings are now tied for the most efficient decorations (hap-per-tile) in the entire game. (The previous decorations that used to champion this building class were the: Sphinx, Wisteria Topiary, and the Decorated Baobab. These new buildings are also more efficient that most premium decorations from the same age or era that these new buildings are age-locked to.

Also the main GE article should be updated to mention Level 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27040

We discovered that adding even more Forge Points to the inventories (which are already filled up with packages from Great Building contribution) slows the game down. That's why Forge Points from the Expedition map rewards will be now added directly to the Forge Points bar. This will allow for a more direct action (instant contribution or research and progress) as well as simplification of use. Please note that there are no plans to change the behavior of the GB contribution rewards at this time.

So Inno removes the small trickle of packs available to everyone and leave the biggest pump of packs only available to players with high level Arcs? Seriously!?! What's next nerfing the Arcs right before the servers shut down because all the big spenders flee from the game?

DeletedUser26154

What's next nerfing the Arcs right before the servers shut down because all the big spenders flee from the game?

I'm contributing to an Arc right now, so I hope that doesn't happen soon.
I don't think losing forge point packs in G.E. or Treasure Hunt is going to make people leave the game.
Will they gripe? Oh yeah. It's their choice to gripe.

I understand the reasoning behind Inno's actions.
I don't like it, but I understand it.
You have to get FP packs from Great Building contributions, or that will mess up server memory even more.

DeletedUser5111

:/ I honestly think they should just revamp the GB contribution system. At this point, GBs have a soft cap of just impossibly high FP donations. I think I would give up all my packs if the FP rewards were removed from GBs but have the cost to level a GB reduced by 1/15~1/20