• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition- New Rewards

DeletedUser27849

These 2x2 decos need to go. I've been debating deleting ToR since the change. The goods and FP just seem too low to keep a 6x6 part of my city dedicated to winning them.[/QUOTE said:
I have to the same conclusion as is the Expedition even worth it anymore, in this last week in 1 of the 2 cities I have I won more attempts that I was able to complete it pretty fast. So is the Temple of Relics worth having in your city it doesn't appear so, I think I will have to chew on this a bit and see if it is worth keeping.

Praetorius

I have 3 Terrace Farms in my inventory I removed to put down palaces. 5 FPs are great if you can fit them but the one thing more valuable in this game than FPs is space.

Tribal Squares are good for players who are of a level they need to refine their goods, for anyone lower they just aren't worth it.

For your middle game player there really aren't rewards that are worth it apart from FPs, Renos 1 ups, Sacred Sky Watches and goods.

Store Buildings I find okay, but not needed. I use them when I would rather not toss a building but really if I NEEDED it wouldn't it be in my city? I do find them very useful during events when I can pick up, usually a terrance farm, and use that space for all I need to for that event and put the item back once the event is over.

These 2x2 decos need to go. I've been debating deleting ToR since the change. The goods and FP just seem too low to keep a 6x6 part of my city dedicated to winning them.
I had my ToR at level 2 a while ago. Got 20 Fp, 20 goods, and unit packs enough to justify keeping it around. Had a few 200 FP and goods gold relics from time to time as well. Just enough to keep me hooked on hoping for more of them.

Then Inno decided to screw with GE and ToR's value bottomed out. I either got those stupid decos or BPs 90% of the time from then on in, only getting anything else in a rare occurrence.

In the space when my ToR once stood now lies my Palace set. I now get 1860 happiness, 6 FP, 15 PME goods, 107 medals, 170k coin and 41k supply per day now, instead of just more of the ToR junk that I kept getting from the haphazard relic hunt. Much better use of the space if you ask me.

DeletedUser26120

Last prize on level 4 should not be store building I agree - at least do reno/one-up.

GE is so low-cost in Contemporary Era in comparison to the ages above/below, I love it.

DeletedUser26120

These 2x2 decos need to go. I've been debating deleting ToR since the change. The goods and FP just seem too low to keep a 6x6 part of my city dedicated to winning them.
You may be right, but 20 fp relics are common enough. It's rare for me to go a week without winning at least one of those. That's roughly 3fp per day from a 6x6 building. Luaus/fields/bazaars are 5x4/4x5 and give 2 fp a day (luau can do 3 if you are spot on with collecting) and people build those.

So by comparison - in that respect - I would say ToR is worth keeping? You get other stuff on top of the average weekly fps.

Algona

Weird idea struck me as I was collecting eleventyseventh ToR BP. How bad an idea would it be if you got 1 FP placed on your ToR instead of a BP if you already have a full set of prints?

DeletedUser

Weird idea struck me as I was collecting eleventyseventh ToR BP. How bad an idea would it be if you got 1 FP placed on your ToR instead of a BP if you already have a full set of prints?
That would work for most of us, but not the ones that like to reach the stratosphere with their GB levels. :)

DeletedUser27184

I have to the same conclusion as is the Expedition even worth it anymore, in this last week in 1 of the 2 cities I have I won more attempts that I was able to complete it pretty fast. So is the Temple of Relics worth having in your city it doesn't appear so, I think I will have to chew on this a bit and see if it is worth keeping.

ToR is one of the best buildings around. If you do a GE3 fully (48 encounters) you get, ON AVERAGE, even with a ToR level 1, 4.6 FP every day from relics. Add to that (on average) 10 refined goods. If you go for GE4 (64 encounters), you get 6.1 FP's EVERY DAY, and 17 goods, EVERY DAY, on average.
The strength of the ToR is more depends on the number of encounters then its level.

I agree that there is a TON of useless stuff found in relics. And it is worth to find something better to do with them. But the ToR is a good building right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27849

ToR is one of the best buildings around. If you do a GE3 fully (48 encounters) you get, ON AVERAGE, even with a ToR level 1, 4.6 FP every day from relics. Add to that (on average) 10 refined goods. If you go for GE4 (64 encounters), you get 6.1 FP's EVERY DAY, and 17 goods, EVERY DAY, on average.
The strength of the ToR is more depends on the number of encounters then its level.

I agree that there is a TON of useless stuff found in relics. And it is worth to find something better to do with them. But the ToR is a good building right now.

I can do all 64 encounters, not the issue. Your assuming your relics are giving forge points vs a face/gate or some other useless item same with the goods. You may be talking about the treasure chest rewards which have nothing to do with the TOR.

DeletedUser27184

I can do all 64 encounters, not the issue. Your assuming your relics are giving forge points vs a face/gate or some other useless item same with the goods. You may be talking about the treasure chest rewards which have nothing to do with the TOR.
The ToR is giving random rewards.
If you average the numbers, over a long enough time, it will give you 6+ FP (on average) for every day.
You can check the following thread for the math:https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/the-tor-guide-2-0.18638/
And yes, I am talking about the ToR relics (not rewards for the encounter it self).
Also yes, the relics are full of garbage. But it includes enough of FP's, goods that it is worth it.

P.s.
Here is an excel with updated values (in the ToR guide its a bit outdated):
tor.png

DeletedUser27184

My issues with ToR is that it aint leveling up well enough.
As can be seen in the previous message, as the ToR is going to level from 1 to 10, the FP values are going from 6.1 to 8.4 (for a full 64 encounters run in GE). That's quite bad.
ToR level 1 (with 64 encounters) is by far the best building in the game (maybe even over arc).
But I am not sure if it is worth it to level it past level 1.
P.s.
The reason to up the ToR, is to get the Jade Relics and have a better chance to get Terrace and such. That's a pretty good reason for me. But its hard to value if its worth it.

DeletedUser13838

If you are looking for fps (or goods or wjhatever), it is definitely worthwhile to compare the expected gain from leveling the relic to leveling a different gb.

So if I assume 10% of common/uncommon relics gives me the fp prize (less optimistic than the spreadsheet but essentially the same argument) then my level 20 tor gives me about 7.4 fps/day on average assuming I complete all 4 levels. Of course this ignores the goods units and countless crap I also get. If I level my tor for 853 fps, this number skyrockets to 7.6 fp/day.

Regardless which numbers I use I would not level tor if I was only interested in fps. At least not until you leveled your other fp producing gbs substantially.

DeletedUser27184

Was this before or after inno adjusted the percentages?
Seems like Inno adjusted the numbers a few times. The values in the wiki came after the official time they changed the numbers. But I am not sure if they didn't change the numbers (at the background) with out updating us.