• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition newbie questions

DeletedUser

I'm working my way along the GE path. Is this something where each guild member is on their own path or is there a way that more than one member can get on the same path to help another?

I'm very early in the game, trying to find out about guild matters as I go. If I decide to leave a guild and join another one, am I put right back to the start of the GE path or does my progress carry over to the new guild?

RazorbackPirate

Everyone does GE on their own. However, the points you earn, along with those of your guildmates are combined to give the guild points to achieve higher guild levels.

DeletedUser

If I decide to leave a guild and join another one, am I put right back to the start of the GE path or does my progress carry over to the new guild
If you leave a guild between the start of GE on Tuesday morning and the end early Monday morning, you will no longer be able to participate in that week's GE in either the guild you leave or any other guild you may join. When the next GE begins you will be able to participate again, if you are in a guild at that time. If you are not in any guild on Tuesday morning when that week's GE begins, you will not be able to participate in GE for that week.

Just to be as complete as possible, any GE you have completed in the guild you are leaving is still credited to that guild. This is why a decent player will do all the GE they can before leaving a guild.

DeletedUser

You should also check out the guide thread(s) for GE. Lots of helpful info available for free if you can make a little time to read it.
I did read the part of the beginner's guide dealing with guilds but as I look over the guides list, I don't see any regarding guilds other than one on GvG. If you have a link to a guild guide, I'd be happy to check it out.

DeletedUser33179

If you're not interested in guild life but want to do GE, then create your own guild. Set the joining option to "invite only" so no one else joins (if they do, you have to pay goods requirements for everyone in guild to unlock each GE level 2-4 irregardless of whether or not all players want to do the levels).

DeletedUser

If you're not interested in guild life but want to do GE, then create your own guild. Set the joining option to "invite only" so no one else joins (if they do, you have to pay goods requirements for everyone in guild to unlock each GE level 2-4 irregardless of whether or not all players want to do the levels).
I'd like to be very active in a guild as I was in WoW and have found a six member one that I'm tromping down the expedition path to help. I liked the fact that the founder welcomes people in.

My first impression of the guild system is that a relatively small core gets formed in a typical guild, a core that joins in most of the action and the rest hang in (as in real life!) It seems that once a guild gets bigger than the active core there's less incentive to get more members so there is nobody welcoming newbies for the larger guilds. So many want to join, welcoming could get to be a real chore. I see that it's possible to have members admitted by invitation only, and wonder if it is possible to make a guild invitation-only after it gets larger. It seems to me that for a newbie like me the secret is to look for a small guild of only a few members, join and do one's best to be part of the core that forms early on.

DeletedUser

Another question - I notice on the guild inventory that the materials I have from the age before the one I am currently in are zeroed, not available to contribute. I assume this means only materials from the age you are in are eligible to give to the guild. For the game in general, once I move to a new age, do the old age materials become useless except for trading in the market?

DeletedUser

Another question - I notice on the guild inventory that the materials I have from the age before the one I am currently in are zeroed, not available to contribute. I assume this means only materials from the age you are in are eligible to give to the guild. For the game in general, once I move to a new age, do the old age materials become useless except for trading in the market?
No. You are in Iron Age, which is the lowest age of goods that can be donated to the guild treasury. Bronze Age goods cannot be donated. When you get to EMA (Early Middle Ages), you will still be able to donate Iron Age goods. In fact, your guild will need Iron Age goods for each member that is in EMA to unlock level 2 of GE. Then the guild will need current age goods for each member to unlock levels 3 and 4. Iron Age is the exception to needing lower age goods for GE. The fact that Bronze Age goods aren't used for guild treasury (and thus GE and GvG) probably stems from the fact that originally the treasury was only used for GvG, and there is no Bronze Age map in GvG. It starts in Iron Age and goes through Future Era, with an All Ages map thrown in at the end.

Incidentally, you will still need certain lower age goods to negotiate in GE, on the C-Map, in Daily Challenge negotiations and for unlocking research in the tech tree.

Lancer

No. You are in Iron Age, which is the lowest age of goods that can be donated to the guild treasury. Bronze Age goods cannot be donated. When you get to EMA (Early Middle Ages), you will still be able to donate Iron Age goods. In fact, your guild will need Iron Age goods for each member that is in EMA to unlock level 2 of GE. Then the guild will need current age goods for each member to unlock levels 3 and 4. Iron Age is the exception to needing lower age goods for GE. The fact that Bronze Age goods aren't used for guild treasury (and thus GE and GvG) probably stems from the fact that originally the treasury was only used for GvG, and there is no Bronze Age map in GvG. It starts in Iron Age and goes through Future Era, with an All Ages map thrown in at the end.

Incidentally, you will still need certain lower age goods to negotiate in GE, on the C-Map, in Daily Challenge negotiations and for unlocking research in the tech tree.

Textbook! ;)

Dido 815 the Scourge

DeletedUser40287

I am at the end of Level 1, and it keeps wanting me to donate more and more goods. What am I missing here? (I'm sorry, but this isn't self evident. I donated everything it wanted, and it still won't let me through.) Need some help ...

DeletedUser40287

Your guild founder or a leader needs to opn the level if they can.
I don't recognize the quote, but the door to Level 2 is definitely locked. I don't know, but maybe my Guild Founder IS the REAPER!

DeletedUser

I am at the end of Level 1, and it keeps wanting me to donate more and more goods. What am I missing here? (I'm sorry, but this isn't self evident. I donated everything it wanted, and it still won't let me through.) Need some help ...
I don't recognize the quote, but the door to Level 2 is definitely locked. I don't know, but maybe my Guild Founder IS the REAPER!
@Agent327 and @RazorbackPirate are telling you that to continue on to level 2, a Founder or Leader in the guild must unlock it. Other members of the guild can only donate goods for that purpose, and if there are already enough goods in the guild Treasury then it is a waste of your resources for you to continue to donate. Before you donate any more goods, contact a guild leader and talk to them about opening level 2. If they won't for some reason, do as @RazorbackPirate says and find a new guild by Monday.