• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition reward shortcomings

• Thread starter DeletedUser29179
  • Start date

DeletedUser29179

I love the Guild Expedition and I complete rounds 1 - 4 every week! When round 4 was added, there was a reward shift. Compared to what I sacrifice in order to win all 4 rounds, the rewards have become extremely lackluster! Is there any review or developer discussion being done right now regarding the rewards? Or maybe even a change to the % chance of winning different things?

Here is specifically what I mean:
1. I like getting extra attempts, but it's not really a reward. There is enough time in the week to complete the GE in the time allotted without any extra attempts gifted to me.
2. I currently have 19 Faces of the Ancients. I may never use a single one of these, and I certainly will never use as many of them as i keep winning!
3. I currently have 16 Gates of the Sun Gods. I may never use a single one of these, and I certainly will never use as many of them as i keep winning!

DeletedUser24787

1. I like getting extra attempts, but it's not really a reward. There is enough time in the week to complete the GE in the time allotted without any extra attempts gifted to me.
not everyone plays the same schedule and extra attempts are nice to speed thru GE on a off day
2. I currently have 19 Faces of the Ancients. I may never use a single one of these, and I certainly will never use as many of them as i keep winning!
3. I currently have 16 Gates of the Sun Gods. I may never use a single one of these, and I certainly will never use as many of them as i keep winning!
clear some land and construct a ghetto version of easter island (face of the ancients)
Screenshot 2017-05-06 at 3.46.15 PM.png
or stonehenge (gate of the sun)
Screenshot 2017-05-06 at 3.48.34 PM.png

wolfhoundtoo

and what of the better rewards that you receive? the forge points and the diamonds? Sure if you play it every week you'll accrue quite a list of some of the lesser valued prizes. So what?

The rewards of GE are balanced to give all types of players rewards.

52 Blue

they are not balanced ,what a crock of crap i won about 12 attempts this week at least . oh and i got a gold relic for a tribal square #7 Jade doesnt even exist anymore in my city .. but i guess 144 attempts is apparently not enough so what better way to destroy another part of the game than to remove actual prizes and replace them with 100% garbage ,the few of you who find it works for you is not a realistic way to defend yet another game wrecking technique by inno,honestly i think they want us all to quit so they dont have to make new eras just cant wait for something new to come out (non Inno) so i can dump this once great game but for now its all there really is out there till fall cant wait and my ToR is lvl 12 gui.PNG.

DeletedUser

Actually, extra attempts is a reward. When you've used a boost, it's nice to be able to get as many encounters as possible. The more encounters you can get done with each boost, the fewer boosts you have to use during the week.

52 Blue

Actually, extra attempts is a reward. When you've used a boost, it's nice to be able to get as many encounters as possible. The more encounters you can get done with each boost, the fewer boosts you have to use during the week.
thats why they let you buy more attempts with medals..honestly you and the other guy think that catering to small special interest groups is good for the whole lol they took most of our prizes away and replaced them with a cheap token of the prizes that were lost also in 3 worlds doing 35 expeditions in each world i received 1 sacred skywatch thats it 1 of the last good prizes to win and that was an altered Shrine of knowledge another example of the prizes going in the wrong direction so the other 3 good prizes are next right? 100 and 20 FP and 200 goods prizes will be cut in size and called something else lol

Last edited:

DeletedUser

thats why they let you buy more attempts with medals..honestly you and the other guy think that catering to small special interest groups is good for the whole lol they took most of our prizes away and replaced them with a cheap token of the prizes that were lost also in 3 worlds doing 35 expeditions in each world i received 1 sacred skywatch thats it 1 of the last good prizes to win and that was an altered Shrine of knowledge another example of the prizes going in the wrong direction so the other 3 good prizes are next right? 100 and 20 FP and 200 goods prizes will be cut in size and called something else lol
I would be perfectly happy if they replaced the extra attempts (as well as the useless decorations and motivation kits) with decent prizes. However, they are not as utterly useless as some people make them out to be, which is my whole point.

And you should learn to disagree without being disrespectful. "Small special interest group". If you hate the game so much, you probably should find another way to fill your time, instead of hanging around to spread your discontent and disdain for others.

52 Blue

I would be perfectly happy if they replaced the extra attempts (as well as the useless decorations and motivation kits) with decent prizes. However, they are not as utterly useless as some people make them out to be, which is my whole point.

And you should learn to disagree without being disrespectful. "Small special interest group". If you hate the game so much, you probably should find another way to fill your time, instead of hanging around to spread your discontent and disdain for others.
if you consider what i said an insult thats pretty sad. Im old school and a non conformist i say what i feel and no matter what i have the right to express my growing disdain for a game i put 3 1/2 years into that im watching turn to ****,as for another game ,if you read what i said earlier you would see i said im out when a new game comes along that peaks my interest. this game was once great not so much these days.Capture.PNGj.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

Is there any review or developer discussion being done right now regarding the rewards?
Why yes, there is and was when the changes were made Guild Expeditions - New Rewards, Balancing Changes and 4th Difficulty

Like many changes and additions to the game they go to beta first, where you can go and do your thing on these matters.

There is also https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/proposals.24/

And here https://www.facebook.com/ForgeofEmpires they have Q&A sometimes where you can ask things

Now will that get you what you want? Not necessarily, things will get passed along to the devs and decision makers eventually and I'm sure then decisions are made, with a lot more info then we have available to us, whether or not the changes they feel would be good for the game as a whole and the business.

Here is specifically what I mean:

I'm sure there's lot's of players out there who like to maximize the Tavern Boost for negotiation attempts and maximize play time balanced with real life concerns and priorities, for such players extra attempts(encounters) are quite rewarding.

Personally I find them, like many smaller rewards, sometimes useful for temporary means and remove them eventually. Also, not every prize can be something grand or else nothing would be grand.

SAA

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28099

I'd like to join in the chorus of people who loathe extra attempts as a GE reward. I battle myself bloody getting through a series of fights, I'm down to too few units to enter another encounter, spent who-knows-how-many coins and supplies on those units that were killed... and for all that time and expense, my "reward" is two more attempts that I can't use anyway? I understand that people who prefer negotiation may value those rewards, but they are an insult to people who do battle. It's like giving a veteran who lost his leg fighting for his country a reward of a coupon for free pedicures. This last time I got extra attempts twice in a row, while I still had 6 attempts that I couldn't use anyway.

If you want to keep offering them as a reward, at least give us a way to trade them in on FPs or diamonds or something. It's getting to the point now that whenever I get more attempts, I start screaming some very unladylike words and frighten my poor cats.

DeletedUser

I'd like to join in the chorus of people who loathe extra attempts as a GE reward. I battle myself bloody getting through a series of fights, I'm down to too few units to enter another encounter, spent who-knows-how-many coins and supplies on those units that were killed... and for all that time and expense, my "reward" is two more attempts that I can't use anyway? I understand that people who prefer negotiation may value those rewards, but they are an insult to people who do battle. It's like giving a veteran who lost his leg fighting for his country a reward of a coupon for free pedicures. This last time I got extra attempts twice in a row, while I still had 6 attempts that I couldn't use anyway.

If you want to keep offering them as a reward, at least give us a way to trade them in on FPs or diamonds or something. It's getting to the point now that whenever I get more attempts, I start screaming some very unladylike words and frighten my poor cats.
I battle exclusively on S world through 3, sometimes 4 levels, and I love the extra attempts. So it is not just the negotiators. You should work on your attack boosts and/or use the Tavern boost.

DeletedUser25166

Extra attempts suck. No other way around it. You complete level 1,2 Tuesday, level 3 Wednesday and you have 3 days with tons of attempts for level 4. No way anyone can justify extra attempts as a reward for fighting 75% boosts.
And before one of you noobs comes in here and says increase attack boost, I am 158/94

DeletedUser15855

I'm not a fan of extra attempts and I'm not a fan of a reno kit for finishing level 4. That said, I'm not sure rewards should change. They are random and that means sometimes you get crap. If you got great stuff every time then the game would quickly escalate out of control due to inflation. Well, more so than it already has. I'm fortunate, though, I guess. Since level 4 was introduced into GE I've already won 6 terrace farms. I won't argue with 30 extra FP per day, even if I don't win a terrace farm every week.

52 Blue

l they took most of our prizes away and replaced them with a cheap token of the prizes that were lost also in 3 worlds doing 35 expeditions in each world i received 1 sacred sky watch thats it 1 of the last good prizes to win and that was an altered Shrine of knowledge another example of the prizes going in the wrong direction so the other 3 good prizes are next right? 100 and 20 FP and 200 goods prizes will be cut in size and called something else
this is what i said it seems it getting off track a bit i don't want great prizes every time either as it would become common place rather than a lil jump against the next guy for all the hard work you did but i think a good prize for your hard work is in order not attempts which is not a prize at all people,and the level of the ToR should be taken into consideration allot of time and effort is put into the traz for the troops and time and effort to get the ToR up and running also the time to fight ALL FOR MORE ATTEMPTS ??? Ok does that explain my opinion a bit clearer.Hope no one gets offended by my bluntness cause we know how sensitive everyone is these days ...barf.

DeletedUser26965

Extra attempts suck. No other way around it. You complete level 1,2 Tuesday, level 3 Wednesday and you have 3 days with tons of attempts for level 4. No way anyone can justify extra attempts as a reward for fighting 75% boosts.
And before one of you noobs comes in here and says increase attack boost, I am 158/94
Not everyone plays on your schedule which is a perfectly acceptable justification. I'm sure or at least hope Inno would consider all players of the game.