• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition reward shortcomings

• Thread starter DeletedUser29179
  • Start date

DeletedUser28099

I battle exclusively on S world through 3, sometimes 4 levels, and I love the extra attempts. So it is not just the negotiators. You should work on your attack boosts and/or use the Tavern boost.
Attack boosts (which I use all that are available) don't make extra attempts any more valuable when you have completed all the encounters and still have several attempts left over and your reward is MORE attempts.

I'm not saying do away with them entirely; I understand that some people -- negotiators or folks who go through the GEs multiple levels -- can make use of them. But since we get a fresh batch every day, I'd like to have the option to cash them in for something more immediately useful or at least hand them out less frequently.

DeletedUser

I would agree with handing them out less frequently. There is a middle ground where they are useful but too frequently given, which is where I am. I just have to push back when it is proposed to get rid of something completely, just because it doesn't fit into some players' playing style/schedule. I think a lot of the acrimony on these Forum threads could be dialed back if there was more a spirit of compromise, rather than "my way or the highway" thinking. (That also applies to our culture and political atmosphere, but that's for another forum.)

DeletedUser11463

The only good thing I found for the decos' is that they can be used in quests where you need to plant X deco's from your age to win the quest. Since you get so many and they are usually 2x2, you can plant and delete them as needed to win the quest. Since you have so many, you don't mind deleting them.

wolfhoundtoo

I would agree with handing them out less frequently. There is a middle ground where they are useful but too frequently given, which is where I am. I just have to push back when it is proposed to get rid of something completely, just because it doesn't fit into some players' playing style/schedule. I think a lot of the acrimony on these Forum threads could be dialed back if there was more a spirit of compromise, rather than "my way or the highway" thinking. (That also applies to our culture and political atmosphere, but that's for another forum.)

How is providing 'less' attempts a compromise? On the one side you'll have people that don't think attempts are an award at all and on the other side people that value getting the attempts because of their play style or timing. Your 'compromise' is one side doesn't get everything they want and the other side loses something they currently have? In reality your 'compromise' here is you don't think that getting rid of attempts will fly so you will nibble it to death. :p

DeletedUser

How is providing 'less' attempts a compromise? On the one side you'll have people that don't think attempts are an award at all and on the other side people that value getting the attempts because of their play style or timing. Your 'compromise' is one side doesn't get everything they want and the other side loses something they currently have? In reality your 'compromise' here is you don't think that getting rid of attempts will fly so you will nibble it to death. :p
The definition of compromise is that two sides each give a little so they both get a little. This would fit that definition because the players that don't like getting the extra attempts wouldn't get them as much, and the players that like them would still get some. How is that not a compromise? Incidentally, I like the extra attempts to some degree, although they are too frequently in the mix, but I wouldn't be broken-hearted if they did go away completely. In other words, I really don't care if getting rid of attempts will "fly" or not. :cool:

wolfhoundtoo

The definition of compromise is that two sides each give a little so they both get a little. This would fit that definition because the players that don't like getting the extra attempts wouldn't get them as much, and the players that like them would still get some. How is that not a compromise? Incidentally, I like the extra attempts to some degree, although they are too frequently in the mix, but I wouldn't be broken-hearted if they did go away completely. In other words, I really don't care if getting rid of attempts will "fly" or not. :cool:

And the other side isn't getting anything in your 'compromise'. they HAVE "x" amount of attempts now that you want to decrease and you call that a compromise? What are you giving up not asking for all attempts to be removed? You seem to be forgetting that currently attempts are being rewarded so you define a compromise as not quite getting everything you want while the other side gives up something they have? :eek:

DeletedUser

Okay, first of all I started out defending the presence of extra attempts, so I actually am on "the other side". Second, when one side wants something gotten rid of, and the other side wants it to stay at its current level, decreasing the level by about 50% would be an exact compromise. The "other side" gets to keep the presence of extra attempts in the prize pool, while the "other, other side" gets less chance of getting them in the prize pool. Its very basic, I'm kind of surprised you're not getting it.

DeletedUser23481

I am SO SICK of getting more attempts as prizes!!!!! You can't produce troops fast enough to EVER need more attempts. For those who procrastinate in moving through the encounters should not be a drag on those of us who do not procrastinate. As the saying goes fail to plan, plan to fail.

wolfhoundtoo

I am SO SICK of getting more attempts as prizes!!!!! You can't produce troops fast enough to EVER need more attempts. For those who procrastinate in moving through the encounters should not be a drag on those of us who do not procrastinate. As the saying goes fail to plan, plan to fail.

You do realize that failing to produce enough troops is a failure to plan? ;)

DeletedUser27889

I negotiate 3 & 4. I love the extra attempts, I will even use medals at times for more.
Reasons:
Maximizing the tavern boost.
Revealing a clouded relic.
Finding out what level encounter 64 prize is early.
Earning FP in bulk to spend on GBs.
Finishing GE when I have time, instead of having to dedicate time everyday to doing it.

My biggest gripe with the (non-relic) rewards in GE are how much they favor the fighters, negotiators spend thousands of goods per week on negotiating, more and higher goods rewards are needed.

Decos need to go away, you already win those stupid things hand over fist in the relics, you don't need them after attempts.

The primary purpose of GE is to help your guild, not to win rewards. The rewards are a perk. ToR relics are another matter.

DeletedUser29179

Have the 100 FP relic rewards been removed completely? I have not received a single 1 in the months since "extra attempts" was added as a reward.

Mustapha00

Have the 100 FP relic rewards been removed completely? I have not received a single 1 in the months since "extra attempts" was added as a reward.

"Removed completely"? No.

But I would not be surprised- one little bit- if the reward determination logarithm has been....'adjusted'...to make certain rewards within a general reward type (Common, Uncommon or Rare) more scarce than others.

DeletedUser25412

I do like the extra attempts, what I don't like are all the Face of the Ancients & the Gate of the Sun God that I get when battling in GE they just aren't worth it. A small pkg. of FPs would be much more useful, even a pkg of 2 or 3 fps, that would go into inventory instead of those two, would be of better use. Yes I love the fps we get they help out a lot especially for players that their cities are not putting out a lot of fps. I have been playing for a little over a yr. & yes I have stuff in my inventory that I may not use, but some of the building I do use for some of the quests. Just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. I know that most of the people in my guild feel the same way. Thanks

DeletedUser25412

"Removed completely"? No.

But I would not be surprised- one little bit- if the reward determination logarithm has been....'adjusted'...to make certain rewards within a general reward type (Common, Uncommon or Rare) more scarce than others.
I have gotten several of them as has other members of my guild

Algona

don't like are all the Face of the Ancients & the Gate of the Sun God

Too many are pretty useless. But they are great if you need a quick bump in Happiness.

A few hundred Happiness short before Collecfting?? Drop a Face or two and torch them after collecting.

Hain X000 Happiness Quest? Fabes and Gates to the rescue.

Easily placeanle and no regrets easily disposal. They are OK. Although I'm pretty sure they are breeding in my Inventory.

Beats hell out of more BPs....

DeletedUser29395

I was irritated at first with extra attempts. Then, I realized how quickly I could blow through encounters and maximize tavern boosts when I won more attempts. I do a combo fighting/negotiation tactic that works for me. I usually can fight through the first two levels with not much difficulty. After that, I negotiate the ones I know I'm unlikely to win or will lose too many troops. It works great for me.