• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition Rewards Changes I'd be happy to see.

67Sage101

Here's a little newb perspective to balance all the crusty "this is the way it's always been" banter. I just made my first entance into the forth level of hell otherwise known as level 4 guild expedition. My first reward.....14000 production. LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remove coins and production from the random reward cycle past level 2. I'm sick of getting coins or productions in GE.

Jern2017

Here's a little newb perspective to balance all the crusty "this is the way it's always been" banter. I just made my first entance into the forth level of hell otherwise known as level 4 guild expedition. My first reward.....14000 production. LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remove coins and production from the random reward cycle past level 2. I'm sick of getting coins or productions in GE.

Not a single chest in the fourth level of GE contains coins or supplies.

qaccy

Here's a little newb perspective to balance all the crusty "this is the way it's always been" banter.
I suppose I'll be the one to point out that GE4 was actually rebalanced very recently. So it actually hasn't been 'this way' for very long!

But as @Jern2017 pointed out, you can't get supplies or coins at all from GE4. Are you actually thinking of GE3?

DravenOfTheStars

Get yourself a Temple of Relics if you don't already have one. I get tons of stuff to sell in the Antiques Dealer and level 4 now gives upgrades for GE buildings. Plus, gold relics can also give 100 fp so I've gotten 400+ fp from 1 level of GE which is not too shabby.

Aggressor

Level 4 of GE is rewarding if you let it be.
I get a lot of goods from it (which sucks because I want something better), but i also get the new upgrades for GE buildings which i sell to the antiques dealer. The new face of the ancient and gate of the sun god upgrades are nice for me and i always keep those. Terrace Farms are decent, FoYs are good for some people and LOTS of diamonds.

67Sage101

Get yourself a Temple of Relics if you don't already have one. I get tons of stuff to sell in the Antiques Dealer and level 4 now gives upgrades for GE buildings. Plus, gold relics can also give 100 fp so I've gotten 400+ fp from 1 level of GE which is not too shabby.
I have one. And it does give pretty good rewards. Someone above thinks Face of the Ancient is good. Na. Trash again. Instant trade in item.

Last edited:

WildOdd

Someone above thinks Face of the Ancient is good. Na. Trash again. Instant trade in item.
At level 2 it gives 3% attack boost in four squares. That's not that bad, especially when you're considering that it has a small footprint, doesn't require a road, and unlike most of its attack-giving counterparts (rotunda, checkmates, carousels), it's pretty much free. In the lower ages it absolutely shines.

Lord Pest

GE level 4 for many is the best source of free diamonds. For those players who do several thousand GBG fights it’s the second best source of free diamonds.

jorgedetaco

I highly recommend lvling TOR to lvl 20 asap. It seems to double the amount of gold and jade relics. You go from maybe hitting a 100fps idol once a week to for sure getting 2 if not 3 4 5. I got the highest medal for jade idols almost 3yrs ago

jorgedetaco

At level 2 it gives 3% attack boost in four squares. That's not that bad, especially when you're considering that it has a small footprint, doesn't require a road, and unlike most of its attack-giving counterparts (rotunda, checkmates, carousels), it's pretty much free. In the lower ages it absolutely shines.
Thats the key. It gives newer players a cheap way to get boost. I fairly high and I have a few gate of sun2s. No road required is a big selling point

Falconwing

With a ToR, GE is a honeypot. The prizes you get for finishing 64 encounters is very good. With the upgrades recently added some of the prizes are quite nice for the effort needed to win. I recently began to replace SoK's with FotA2's. Even when you get powerful and the prizes no longer as good, it's still a huge source of sellable stuff at the AD.

Every player, especially new ones, should play GE and get a ToR as soon as possible. Best source of easy to get prize buildings and the first Gold Relic you pop for 100 fp's will make you jump up and praise the RNG.

67Sage101

Lol.
GE IV is literally the biggest giveaway in FoE.
yes, with great reward come lots of troop losses and goods expenditure. 7 goods each for negotiations and even an extra turn isn't good enough. So you burn hundreds of goods to get all 64 done. players in low ages don't have tons of goods to burn. This game favors the crusty players that have been around for literally years waiting to collect enough good stuff. And crusty's tend to be unsympathetic to the plight of noobs because they all had to put up with worse for years. LOL.

DevaCat

For some reason I keep thinking about Krusty the Clown.

Must suck to be a noob who wants to whine about GE rewards and how hard it is, and not get any sympathy.

Make more troops and goods, get better, and quit crying for petes sake. Or age up out of the low ages quickly, so crusty players will have something new to laugh about when that noob then begins complaining about how hard/unrewarding it all is.

Plenty of newer players are doing fine with GE. Difference is that they took the advice given instead of wasting time repeating their complaints.

67Sage101

So now I'm going to add to this as more feedback. Maybe a developer will read this and consider a change. I just did level 52 and lost most of my troops. The reward was a level 1 Gate of the Sun God that gives 250 happiness. Woopi! I have 8447 extra and don't need anymore. Why not just have this relic of the past just spit out forge points at level 1. As I've explained elsewhere the happiness idea is obsiously a relic of the game from long ago and needs to be completely revamped or done away with as do a lot of these old relics. Face of the Ancient being another one that should just start spitting out FP at level 1.

Agent327

Developers don't read this. Only community approved ideas or feedback from feedback threads of recent features gets forwarded to them.

Lady Gato

@67Sage101 I was going to not message, but @DevaCat can tell you I have problems keeping my mouth shut. I too am a noob. What you may not realize is those Gates of the Sun and Faces of the Ancient have upgrades - the Gate at lev 2 adds 4% def to your attacking army, and the Face at lev 2 adds 3% attack to your attacking army and these boosts stack. Not much help to the bigger boys but a boost to beginners' cities. And if you don't want them, sell them to the AD. And yes I have got these items in GE as well as the upgrades.

I have also got stupid stuff like aqueducts. I was excited when I got a sacred sky watch till I looked up it's stats - the SoK is better, it seems. However, when I looked up what I could get for it if I sold it -- it is worth approximately 3380 in trade coins. I don't have AD researched yet so this is an estimate.

I think I've only made it thru GE4 one time. I am still working on it -- switching over from negotiating to fighting all the way thru. And I just put down a ToR to see if that gives me more goodies. If you can't fight and don't have the goods to negotiate, then don't do that part of this game until you can. And before you put me in the crusty category -- I started this game in May of 2020. And I believe you had said in another post that you are in EMA - well I am in Iron Age.