• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition Rewards Changes I'd be happy to see.

wolfhoundtoo

You need to consider how you wish to proceed if you want the rewards from GE (especially the final level) while designing your city. If your boosts and troop selections aren't sufficient then you'll need to do some manual battles to help get you through some of the harder level 4 battles. If you don't find the prizes worth it then don't do the battles. Many people find the prizes worthwhile. I suspect at least part of the problem you have is comparing apples to oranges. GE gets much easier when you've built a city to go as far as you can in GBG (which also gives better prizes on average). Just like the daily quests. If you don't find the prize to be worth it then skip it. Same for a lot of the aspects of the game.

Just An Observer

yes, with great reward come lots of troop losses and goods expenditure. 7 goods each for negotiations and even an extra turn isn't good enough. So you burn hundreds of goods to get all 64 done. players in low ages don't have tons of goods to burn. This game favors the crusty players that have been around for literally years waiting to collect enough good stuff. And crusty's tend to be unsympathetic to the plight of noobs because they all had to put up with worse for years. LOL.

My troop losses are small. Going up to spot 51 with an attack boost in the 130's has cost me 5 Rogues (2 replaced in Rogue's Dens) and 6 Catapults that also have been replaced and then some between my troop generating buildings and what I picked up in GE. Goods cost? Not a problem since my city was began as a recursion machine. Each battle I win saves X amount of goods for late in GE as well as using in GBG. At this time the city can come up with around 1000 goods per day.

Time in game: Early March 2020 to present. What made my city possible was spending on Diamonds for Himeji/Chateau/St. Mark's. If someone wanted to take the FTP route, with some cleverness it could be done when still in EMA. It was my desire to get on with the program that led to my buying the needed Diamonds.

Having a decent balance between Fighting and Negotiating sure helps the cause of costs for both of these methods.

Here's a little newb perspective to balance all the crusty "this is the way it's always been" banter. I just made my first entance into the forth level of hell otherwise known as level 4 guild expedition. My first reward.....14000 production. LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remove coins and production from the random reward cycle past level 2. I'm sick of getting coins or productions in GE.
Do you have a ToR?

The Lady Redneck

He has to mean battle 52 of level 4. LOL The idea of 52 levels of GE is mind boggling. :eek:
To get the most out of GE, Get ToR to lvl 10 It does fine at that level. Sit in the one age until you build your military strength up enough to auto battle all 4 levels without losing to many troops. That way you do not need to use goods up in Negs either.

67Sage101

I suppose I'll be the one to point out that GE4 was actually rebalanced very recently. So it actually hasn't been 'this way' for very long!

But as @Jern2017 pointed out, you can't get supplies or coins at all from GE4. Are you actually thinking of GE3?
I really thought it was the first level of GE4...but perhaps the last level of GE3. It was several weeks ago. I'll pay attention to see if it happens again.

67Sage101

Developers don't read this. Only community approved ideas or feedback from feedback threads of recent features gets forwarded to them.

Ok. I'll stop posting to "General Game Discussion and Feedback". Feedback to who? Nobody? It doesn't make sense but whatever. As I posted elsewhere the definition of feedback is: the transmission of evaluative or corrective information about an action, event, or process to the original or controlling source.
So if the controlling source "INNO developers" does not monitor this thread then you are right...to post anything other than general game discussion here is pointless. And I'm right, the thread name should be changed to just "General Game Discussion".

67Sage101

My troop losses are small. Going up to spot 51 with an attack boost in the 130's has cost me 5 Rogues (2 replaced in Rogue's Dens) and 6 Catapults that also have been replaced and then some between my troop generating buildings and what I picked up in GE. Goods cost? Not a problem since my city was began as a recursion machine. Each battle I win saves X amount of goods for late in GE as well as using in GBG. At this time the city can come up with around 1000 goods per day.

Time in game: Early March 2020 to present. What made my city possible was spending on Diamonds for Himeji/Chateau/St. Mark's. If someone wanted to take the FTP route, with some cleverness it could be done when still in EMA. It was my desire to get on with the program that led to my buying the needed Diamonds.

Having a decent balance between Fighting and Negotiating sure helps the cause of costs for both of these methods.
I have about the same start time. 03/2020. I was in a terrible guild for the first two months and made no progress. Then I found a better guild and am able to collect BP's for GB's. Sounds like I need to get my attack and defense even higher. Mine are at 90/70 and I can't fight either the two stage battles or any of the GE level 4 battles. I don't have Himeji or SMB yet. And I don't want to spend for diamonds so I'm stuck waiting for the BP's.

67Sage101

To get the most out of GE, Get ToR to lvl 10 It does fine at that level. Sit in the one age until you build your military strength up enough to auto battle all 4 levels without losing to many troops.

I'll work on ToR to level 10. Mine is at 3. It have been sitting in EMA forever and and just now looking to move to HMA after collecting lots of current era goods.

67Sage101

You need to consider how you wish to proceed if you want the rewards from GE (especially the final level) while designing your city. If your boosts and troop selections aren't sufficient then you'll need to do some manual battles to help get you through some of the harder level 4 battles. If you don't find the prizes worth it then don't do the battles. Many people find the prizes worthwhile. I suspect at least part of the problem you have is comparing apples to oranges. GE gets much easier when you've built a city to go as far as you can in GBG (which also gives better prizes on average). Just like the daily quests. If you don't find the prize to be worth it then skip it. Same for a lot of the aspects of the game.

I like the prizes that are good. I don't like it when the claw comes up empty handed or gives out coins / productions. I'm burning tons of goods and troops. By level 3 I'm burning 5 goods per negotiator...and up to 7 from what I've seen in level 4. That's 35 goods per try and with at minimum 4 tries, that's 140 goods per encounter. Even more if you need more turns and don't want to pony up 10 diamonds for yet another 35 good turn. Then multiply that by 12 encounters per level. That a lot of goods or troops to burn up for a chance at prizes like houses & decorations, I think in the end I would like the coins and productions to be replaced by a chance at expansion, medals or even next era goods that would be great for getting ready to level up.

Agent327

As I posted elsewhere the definition of feedback is: the transmission of evaluative or corrective information about an action, event, or process to the original or controlling source.

Does that defenition also say you need to insult the controlling source?

67Sage101

Does that defenition also say you need to insult the controlling source?
If I insulted INNO or anyone else I apologize. I don't think I made any insults but this apology should cover it. I think you are referring to things I would like changed in the game. If that's an insult then maybe we need to look up that definition too.

67Sage101

If I insulted INNO or anyone else I apologize. I don't think I made any insults but this apology should cover it. I think you are referring to things I would like changed in the game. If that's an insult then maybe we need to look up that definition too.
Ok I called the rewards trash. Let me just say this instead. I would enjoy it so much if I could get rewards other than coins/production from GE. Thanks so much

Nicholas002

Ok I called the rewards trash. Let me just say this instead. I would enjoy it so much if I could get rewards other than coins/production from GE. Thanks so much
Look at it this way: the lower levels are useful just to unlock the higher levels. If levels 1-3 had no rewards, I would still do them just for the opportunity to do level 4, and get level 2 terrace farms, attacks buildings, and diamonds.

also, with the necessary GBs, GE is basically free. ( I have been playing 5 months and am at the point where I can fight through GE with few troop losses. )

Agent327

You did more than that. Just look at your OP. Just look at your other posts. If you want to give feedback fine. We welcome it, but does it really have to be in the way you do it? About every post of you includes a snide or an insult. Why can't you just tell in a normal way what you would like to see changed? Is that really that hard?

Vger

I like the prizes that are good. I don't like it when the claw comes up empty handed or gives out coins / productions. I'm burning tons of goods and troops. By level 3 I'm burning 5 goods per negotiator...and up to 7 from what I've seen in level 4. That's 35 goods per try and with at minimum 4 tries, that's 140 goods per encounter. Even more if you need more turns and don't want to pony up 10 diamonds for yet another 35 good turn. Then multiply that by 12 encounters per level. That a lot of goods or troops to burn up for a chance at prizes like houses & decorations...
GE has always been a good way to gauge your level of progress. If you can't finish GE level 4, then you aren't ready to level up yet. Some say you should be able to do it 100% fighting. I'm more lax on myself. I almost always negotiate GE4, even when I can fight. I like the harder negotiations, actually more fun (for me) than fighting it. But if that leaves me sweating over goods, then not time to age up for sure.
And if you are not earning more diamonds than you are spending on GE, you're doing it wrong. GE is a diamond mine.

I think in the end I would like the coins and productions to be replaced by a chance at expansion, medals or even next era goods that would be great for getting ready to level up.
The value of things changes as you progress in this game. You are viewing the world through the lens of HMA.
When I do GE, I usually have the gather coins or gather supplies RQ running. So not a complete waste if I hit the quest.
Coins, I can always buy FPs with them.
Coins + Supplies, I can do UBQs with.
Expansions? Huh! Never ever will Inno give those away. Everyone wants more. I doubt Inno will ever make them easier to get. Never in GE.
Medals? You think I want more medals? I know you want more medals, but I have 15M of them and not much to do with them. And I'm newbie'ish. Coins or supplies are more valuable to me than medals. Houses and decos are more valuable to me than medals. At least I can sell those in the AD.

Here's a little newb perspective to balance all the crusty "this is the way it's always been" banter. I just made my first entance into the forth level of hell otherwise known as level 4 guild expedition. My first reward.....14000 production. LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remove coins and production from the random reward cycle past level 2. I'm sick of getting coins or productions in GE.
Wecome to the Club

Get yourself a Temple of Relics if you don't already have one. I get tons of stuff to sell in the Antiques Dealer and level 4 now gives upgrades for GE buildings. Plus, gold relics can also give 100 fp so I've gotten 400+ fp from 1 level of GE which is not too shabby.
Question is, are you playing the GE so you have stuff to sell to the AD? If so, the Expedtition needs another make-over. Your Rewards shouldn't be stuff you don't want to keep. I love Bologna and Cheese Sandwiches but after 10 in a Row, I'd like a little Ham.