• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Forum Basics (for guild leaders)

DeletedUser9184

Please tell me how to find the area that allows founders to administrate their forums. I'm new to this and on a mobile phone. I know this is an old thread but can you help?
There is no direct access to the guild forums on the app. If you really wish to use the guild forums, then you will either need to log in through a normal computer/browser, use a flash-based browser on your phone (like Puffin or Photon), or there is one more way that is a little complicated:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/ipad-foe-guide.7464/#post-104181

Now in order to start any subforums, you will need to access the administrative forums. To do this, your guild founder will need to give you founder or leader rights, then once you go to the guild forums, you'll notice an "administrative forums" at the bottom right corner

DeletedUser26394

I didn't write my question well at all. I have just started a guild of my own. I am the founder. I have figured out how to write the description, invite members and remove players. But is there a place that allows more control. A place to view member activity and other statistics.

DeletedUser9184

I didn't write my question well at all. I have just started a guild of my own. I am the founder. I have figured out how to write the description, invite members and remove players. But is there a place that allows more control. A place to view member activity and other statistics.
There is only a basic member activity feature on the browser/computer version. This shows if the member has logged in within 2 or 7 days. Other than that, there's isn't much else I can think of that you could monitor/explore

DeletedUser26175

how do i, adds a player 7-to a thread , We button in the thread by motioning add, just all guid. Which button do i use to and one newbie? to a conversation!

Ylisaveta

If you started the thread, you can add or delete a person by going to the "hamburger" menu in the top left (three horizontal lines) when you have the message thread open. Choose the option "adjust group" and it opens up the option to add a person, and gives you a list of who's on the message. Each person will have buttons after their name, one allows you to kick them off the thread, the other allows you to give them moderator rights over that message.

DeletedUser26175

The Founder started the thread, but he's not around. I have trusted rights, but that doesn't come up as an option. We want to add new members to our trading thread, but none of us know how. Does it have to wait for the founder?

Ylisaveta

If you want to continue using that thread, yes, you have to wait for the founder. However, you could just start a new thread, and ask everyone to leave the old thread. And once you start the new thread, make sure to give at least one other person moderator rights so that you're less likely to have this happen. ;)

DeletedUser27628

Is there a time frame before you can boot a player for inactivity?

DeletedUser10789

Is there a time frame before you can boot a player for inactivity?

NO. As a guild leader, you determine the rules of your guild and you can choose to keep one person over the other or not. Sadly, this is the way it works in real life and in guilds too. In our guild, we have a rule which is be active. Active to us means, you log on 2-3 times a week and help your fellow guildmates. That's our rules and if you want to see who is active or not, look at the dots in the guild members page, if you have leaders rights. The dots are BLUE, ACTIVE in the last 2 days. YELLOW, active in the last 8 days but NOT active in the past 2 and RED, last active more than 7 days. So, as a guild leader you can set your rules up accordingly. We usually wait until someone is RED for a week, then send a mail to them and kick them a few days later. But that is our policy. Many guilds are different and if you don't do as some ask, they can kick you after you join. I hope that helped.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser27628

We have four people with founder rights, three of which have been absent for months. Can the active founder boot the inactive founders?

DeletedUser28412

Okay i have a question about the Guild Forum. By the way, bravo Lanthano, on the very informative info on guild forums.
There is only one thing i dont understand and i have tried so many different things. I have also looked everywhere with no answer.
I have guild forum headings.. main categories (at top of forum), i have sub categories under each main category ... my question is how do i move the sub categories in the order i want them? I have an orientation sub category under a main category, i want to move the orientation category above the other sub categories. Where it would be first in the list of sub categories...How do i do that?

DeletedUser2711

Open the guild forum
Click the blue 'Administrate Forums' button in the bottom right corner
Click and hold the up/down arrows at the left of the row of the thread you want to move, and move the row to the desired position.

If that is not what you are asking, let me know and we can clarify further.

DeletedUser28412

Hello Lanthano and thank you for your response. Yes this moves the *main* categories thats been created. How do you move the sub categories under the main ones at the top ?

DeletedUser2711

Ah! I see now. Other than locking a thread, which keeps it on top, the threads move to the top when a post is made. There is no other control over their order.

DeletedUser29170

My guild members who play on their phones can't seem to find the forum I created. As I only play on my PC I don't know what their menu looks like to tell them how to get there. Can you give instructions on how to find the guild forum from a smart phone?

DeletedUser

My guild members who play on their phones can't seem to find the forum I created. As I only play on my PC I don't know what their menu looks like to tell them how to get there. Can you give instructions on how to find the guild forum from a smart phone?
I don't believe the guild forum is accessible from mobile.