• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Forum Basics (for guild leaders)

DeletedUser2711

(I'm going to state the obvious because if I'm going to create a tutorial, it may as well include every step from the beginning.)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Accessing the Guild Forum:
The 'Global' Icon (3 silhouettes, top row, second icon from left, on button bank at bottom left corner in-game) opens to reveal 3 more icons: 'Global Ranking' (wreath); 'Your Guild' (shield); and 'Guild Forum' (shield with thought bubble).

Clicking 'Guild Forum' opens the forum window. At the bottom right corner is a small blue button (box with arrow), which will open the forum in a new browser tab, allowing you to return to the game tab, close the forum window, and restore game play, having both open and accessible.​

Forum navigation:
The bulletin board as a whole is called the Guild Forum, but the headings across the top are also called forums. These are the main divisions.​

To create a new "forum", click the blue 'Administrate Forums' button (bottom right corner).​

The view will change to list current "forums", each on its own row.​

The up/down arrows at the left of each row allow you to change the order / position of the "forums" by way of click and drag.​

The blue pencil button at the right end is not edit. Clicking this opens a pop-up box that allows you to add the name of a guild so that they may view and share a "forum". This is ideally used for an alliance with another guild.​

The red trashcan icon at the right end, deletes the entire "forum". A pop-up box will ask you to confirm, "Do you really want to delete this forum?" Click the green 'Confirm' button if yes, red 'Cancel' button if no.​

Clicking the name of the "forum" expands the row for editing of the name and description. If you check the box next to 'Hidden Forum' then only members marked as 'trusted' in the 'Your Guild' interface will be able to access that forum.​

Click the green checkmark button to save any changes and exit editing.​

Click the orange 'New Forum' button and a pop-up box will open that allows you to enter a name and description for a new forum. Click the green 'Create' button and the box will close, a confirmation box will appear then close on its own, and the new forum will appear on the top bar of the Guild Forum itself.​

The only way to exit the administration mode is to click one of the forums on the top bar.​

Within a forum, the topics will be listed. These are the sub-divisions.
The page icon at the left end will be green if there are any new entries since your last visit.​

At the right end, the last poster and date are displayed, with a blue arrow button to take you directly to the last post.​

Click the orange 'New Topic' button to open a text box to enter the topic name and body of the post.​

Clicking the orange 'Create Topic' button takes you within the "forum" heading, within the topic you just created, to view your post. The confirmation box will appear and close on its own. There's nothing to identify where you are at, other than the active "forum" being highlighted on the top bar.​

At the bottom of the topic post, you will find the 'Quote | Edit' clickables.​

To lock the post so that only you (as administrator?) can edit or reply, click the orange padlock icon to toggle between locked and unlocked.​

The red trashcan button will delete the entire topic, even though the pop-up asks if you are sure you want to "Really delete post?" Click the 'OK' button if yes, red 'Cancel' button if no. A confirmation box will appear and close on its own.​

Individual posts can be deleted from within the actual post at the bottom via the 'Quote | Edit | Delete' clickables.​

To move a topic from one heading to another, click the page icon at the left end of the row of the topic listing, and a green checkmark will appear. Click the word 'Options' near the upper right corner. (This will expand the options bar. To close it, click the word 'Options' again.) From the white pull-down menu on the right, choose the forum (main heading) that you want to move the topic to. Then click the orange 'Move to' button. A confirmation box will appear and close on it's own, and the topic row listing will disappear from the selected forum.​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3402

Is there a way to put a table inside of a guild post? I've tried bbcode, but it doesn't work, and excess whitespaces are ignored, so no psuedo-table. I would like to copy the GB listing in the second post of the 0.26 update notes to the guild forum for easy access, but re-creating the table doesn't work. I suppose I could use a simple list, but that is pretty boring and not very visually appealing, or even very readable for that matter.

I've searched the forums here, but to no avail.

DeletedUser2711

I only wish. HTML doesn't work, nor does basic tags, or bbcode. The only way to do a "table" is with silly space dash tricks, which take several edits to get right. A proposal to have HTML allowed in the guild forum would be great.

The work-round is to post a link to an image of a table.

DeletedUser

There are a couple different ways. The easiest is to go to your guild page. The third tab is called "Administration". Enter a player's name in the box, and click the magnifying glass to send the invitation.

DeletedUser

This seems to be the best place to get an answer to my question. I just started my own Guild. I haven't gotten anyone to join yet, as I just started. Once I get people joining and want to assign different things to different people, how do I do this? I mean, how would I assign the Guild Forum Maintenance to someone, or will those things popup once I start getting members?

DeletedUser2145

In your guild window (not guild forum), under the Members tab, there are "permission settings" on the right of every player, use these to provide a player with their rightful permissions (you have an inviter permission which enables inviting other players, moderator one that gives editing abilities in the guild forum, leadership one that gives power over pretty much anything but the highest actions). This is how you enable someone to do actions, but assigning duties to people is done as a deal between the two parties. No way to put the works in their hands, you'd have to get there through communication.

DeletedUser7402

You mentioned some of the permission settings and their functions. Where can I find more information about the Guild administration rules and functionality?

DeletedUser2145

Founder --- Can do everything;
Leader --- Can do everything with the exception of the top stuff, such as disbanding the guild, editing founders, etc.
Moderator --- Guild forum editing powers, can delete or change anything in there;
Inviter --- Can invite players to the guild;
Notifier --- Can send "all guild" messages;
Trusted --- Can see "hidden" sections of the guild forum, if any;

That'd be all of them.

DeletedUser

I have a question about the color-coded dot next to a member on the members tab of the guild page. What do the colors represent?

DeletedUser2145

If you hover over them, they'll tell you. Basically, they show whether or not a member has logged in over the last several days (blue means last login was over the last 2 days, yellow means it was sometime 3-7 days ago, red means it was more than 7 days ago).

glennthenerd

"Founder --- Can do everything;
Leader --- Can do everything with the exception of the top stuff, such as disbanding the guild, editing founders, etc.
Moderator --- Guild forum editing powers, can delete or change anything in there;"

Does this mean that you have to have Founder or Leader privileges to add, move, etc. new forums as described in the original postings? I have been made Moderator and don't seem to have that access (yes, I logged out of the game and back in).

DeletedUser2145

"Founder --- Can do everything;
Moderator --- Guild forum editing powers, can delete or change anything in there;"

Does this mean that you have to have Founder or Leader privileges to add, move, etc. new forums as described in the original postings? I have been made Moderator and don't seem to have that access (yes, I logged out of the game and back in).

I am not 100% sure, I know that with Moderator rights you should be able to edit/manage everything that is already on the guild forum, but I have not tested whether or not you can add new forums.

DeletedUser10177

What topics do you consider vital for smooth operation of a new guild?

DeletedUser2711

You'll want a "Start Here" type Header (Forum). Put your guild rules, guidelines, expectations, and index to other Headers and Topics under this as separate Topics, so that new members can get up to speed quickly.
Then I have a "Guild Info" header, with our roster, and other secretarial type topics.
Our guild also has Headers for Great Buildings, GvG, Tower Results, Leisure, Guides, and so forth.

lemonwedgie

Hmmm .... so how do I link my forum to another guild, so we have some shared topics.

EDIT - Oh DUH! Just found it ... in my defense though, its hardly obvious ... oh for a more user-friendly format ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser2711

You're right, it's not. The little pencil icon should be reserved for editing only. I don't know how many times I have clicked that only to find that it does not do what I expected.