• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Forum Basics (for guild leaders)

DeletedUser11874

Hello ClayHunter,

I think this will explain the issue and a potential solution to the current problem:

Hello Paiva,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have also noticed this issue recently despite having Founder rights within my own Guild. At present, in order to avoid this issue I have been using the Administration tab within 'Your Guild' to invite new players to join us. However, since this thread should have been posted within the Bugs Report Section, I would urge you to respond to this thread stating that you would like it moved to the Bugs Report Section so this matter can be investigated and then, if necessary passed on to the developers of Forge of Empires for fixing.

Sincerely,

LordDeathrider

Sincerely,

LordDeathrider

Hypothetical question: what would happen if a founder is away from the game for longer than 30 days? Is there such a thing as a founder of a guild being inactive for too long?

DeletedUser2145

The next person with the highest rights gets assigned as a founder. So if there's a leader he gets founder rights. If there are 2 leaders then the one with the older ID number (who joined first) gets founder rights.

DeletedUser13430

Our guild had to have an open vote in our guild forum.
After 48 hours,INNO GAMES gave the 2 top vote getters "FOUNDER" permissions.

DeletedUser2145

That's because FoE didn't have this automatic system before so support had to figure out thingsv manually. That's no longer the case.

DeletedUser12241

How do I create a topic that only selected people can post to?

DeletedUser

always good to have a Founder and a Co-founder for such situations.

DeletedUser6172

How do I create a topic that only selected people can post to?
In the guild forum you can create a hidden topic that can be seen only by folks with a Trusted flag. HOWEVER, the trusted flag has be subverted for GvG, so the audience will be larger than you probably want.

Use messages. It's pretty easy to just stick a half dozen names into the address bar, or cut and paste an address list.

DeletedUser7292

Is there a way for a Founder or Leader can delete an entire thread? If a message is inappropriate can it be removed?

DeletedUser

Yes there is, just go to the desired tread to be deleted then look at the bottom of the screen and you'll see this:
ddqGsMP.png

and yes a message can be removed also, just go to that message then you'll see this at the bottom right corner:
hYbr2UO.png

DeletedUser

I am looking to join a Guild. Please message me. I play everyday.

Yes there is, just go to the desired tread to be deleted then look at the bottom of the screen and you'll see this:
ddqGsMP.png

and yes a message can be removed also, just go to that message then you'll see this at the bottom right corner:
hYbr2UO.png
I am looking to join a Guild. I play every day. Please add me. I am a new player also.
:)

DeletedUser7536

I'm not able to click and drag my Forum Threads...is this a bug or has the option to do so been removed?

DeletedUser2145

I'm not able to click and drag my Forum Threads...is this a bug or has the option to do so been removed?
It is a confirmed game issue, yes. The developers are aware of it and will hopefully deliver a fix for it sometime soon. :)

DeletedUser

Clicking the name of the "forum" expands the row for editing of the name and description. If you check the box next to 'Hidden Forum' then only members marked as 'trusted' in the 'Your Guild' interface will be able to access that forum.

GvG has added functionality to the Trusted Rights option that allow a member to attack other guilds and/or unlock defensive slots in new or weakened sectors that have been attacked and lost defensive armies.

Is their any way to hide a thread in the Guild Forum for Leadership purposes without effecting GvG functionality?

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I didn't see it if it was....

DeletedUser

GvG has added functionality to the Trusted Rights option that allow a member to attack other guilds and/or unlock defensive slots in new or weakened sectors that have been attacked and lost defensive armies.

Is their any way to hide a thread in the Guild Forum for Leadership purposes without effecting GvG functionality?

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I didn't see it if it was....

There is no other way to hide a tread without removing the trusted rights.

DeletedUser17919

Hail Lanthano of Kruptos!
The Pencil Icon allows you to share out this Guild Forum Tab with another Guild. I've added another Guild here and wonder how this Forum section displays for them. Have you tested this? Do they see the *new* Tab in their Guild Forum and can view the documents inside?
Thanks!
:) GaiaGoddess
Queen of Love Mongers in Norasil

DeletedUser2711

Hail Lanthano of Kruptos!
The Pencil Icon allows you to share out this Guild Forum Tab with another Guild. I've added another Guild here and wonder how this Forum section displays for them. Have you tested this? Do they see the *new* Tab in their Guild Forum and can view the documents inside?
Thanks!
Queen of Love Mongers in Norasil

Yes, I have tested it, though it's been a while ago.
Yes, they will see the tab / heading added to their forum.
But first they must acknowledge the invite to share the topic. The other guild founder or moderator should see the prompt on their end.

DeletedUser17919

Sharing out a tab in your guild forum - what is the limit?

I only wish. HTML doesn't work, nor does basic tags, or bbcode. The only way to do a "table" is with silly space dash tricks, which take several edits to get right. A proposal to have HTML allowed in the guild forum would be great.

The work-round is to post a link to an image of a table.

Hail Lanthanum of Kruptos,
We create and share tabs in our guild forum with other guilds. This uses one of the FOE forum features (although I cannot find any guidance on this feature in the FOE Forum). For example, we share a tab entitled, "GvG Intelligence".

How many guilds may we share a tab with?

Thanks!
Co-Founder and Queen of the Love Mongers
Norasil

DeletedUser26394

Hello ClayHunter,

I think this will explain the issue and a potential solution to the current problem:

Sincerely,

LordDeathrider
Please tell me how to find the area that allows founders to administrate their forums. I'm new to this and on a mobile phone. I know this is an old thread but can you help?