• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Great Building 1.9 payment mistakes and gains: do you owe someone back?

Ebeondi Asi

A few Guild have a "No profit" rule so if one gains from a mistake they are supposed to repay it. Most Guilds do not have such a rule. So what is your feeling on the matter when it is in a Guild 1.9 thread?
My first thought is I don't want others trying to bully me either way. Some people think FPs should always be restored, and demand you do it, even though they are only a third party onlooker. Where others say you have no need to, you did not make a mistake. So you should be able to keep that profit.
So I am asking for opinions to think over as it is a problem I am in now and then.

First I think others not involved should not be butting in. This is between the person who profited and the person who lost out.
Second thought is I do not expect anyone else to 'pay' for my errors. If they choose to offer something back I am grateful, if not I learned a lesson and will try harder to not make that mistake again.
Where the people who make a lot of mistakes and expect me to repeatedly fix their mistakes? no. If I voluntarily choose to fix a mistake once, then not the next time. That is my free choice.
Examples are overpaying a 1.9 position you take. Owners overpaying the amount needed by them. Donors in 1.9 giving additional FPs as a gift so the next position cannot pay the full 1.9 and even a partial payment of the 1.9 levels the GB. Is someone owed something?
So i would open the floor to your opinion.

Nicholas002

A few Guild have a "No profit" rule so if one gains from a mistake they are supposed to repay it. Most Guilds do not have such a rule. So what is your feeling on the matter when it is in a Guild 1.9 thread?
My first thought is I don't want others trying to bully me either way. Some people think FPs should always be restored, and demand you do it, even though they are only a third party onlooker. Where others say you have no need to, you did not make a mistake. So you should be able to keep that profit.
So I am asking for opinions to think over as it is a problem I am in now and then.

First I think others not involved should not be butting in. This is between the person who profited and the person who lost out.
Second thought is I do not expect anyone else to 'pay' for my errors. If they choose to offer something back I am grateful, if not I learned a lesson and will try harder to not make that mistake again.
Where the people who make a lot of mistakes and expect me to repeatedly fix their mistakes? no. If I voluntarily choose to fix a mistake once, then not the next time. That is my free choice.
Examples are overpaying a 1.9 position you take. Owners overpaying the amount needed by them. Donors in 1.9 giving additional FPs as a gift so the next position cannot pay the full 1.9 and even a partial payment of the 1.9 levels the GB. Is someone owed something?
So i would open the floor to your opinion.
If one of my guildmates makes a mistake that benefits me, I always pay them back. If you are in a situation where you are not concerned at all about your guildmates losing at your benefit, then the question arises why you are even in that guild.

And if others are getting involved, it probably means there is some kind of guild rule about it, written or unwritten. If you don't like the guild rules, you are always free to leave.

Wwwoodchuck

The few Guilds I have been in have always made it right for all parties. No matter who is at fault, everyone comes out even. If someone continually screws up, they get tossed from the 1.9, end of problem.

For me, that is what a guild is about, you have each other’s backs. If someone over-primes we jump in to take all the slots and one person takes all the gain to put it back on the next level, or the GB of their choice. If for whatever reason two drop at the same time, whomever profited repays the one who lost. If an unknown is trying to take a slot and the owner does not want them to, we will overpay to bump them. I would not be in a guild where I had to look out for Guildies sniping me or not repaying mistakes. Might as well just unlock levels and leave it open to the hoodies. It is a game, mistakes happen, make them right.

Plain Red Justice

You're certainly on the right track to becoming an accountable FoE player but ultimately it is primarily based on the decision of the GB owner and next priority is the general rules of the guild on what should happen inside your GB

If someone or a guildmate profits off my GBs I simply don't pursue them. It's not the same for every single person in the guild though so to be safe and so that you don't reach a point where guild rules would be involved, ask the GB owner whenever you notice that he overprimes. If you're the GB owner and a guildmate got sniped by another guildmate because they don't follow basic rules of waiting for a couple seconds after claiming a 1.9 spot, they should talk it out. It all depends though just use your common sense. Guild rules won't necessarily come into play as long as both the GB owner and its guildmate contributors reach an agreement

Last edited: