• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

guild hopper from guild to another guild

DeletedUser10944

hello all

I'm somewhat upset about these players who join my guild stay in for less 10 min then leave

this has happen in past 2 days , I play when I can or when I'm not in great of pain from my

cancer treatments, but I keep plugging long

my name is Maetel

DeletedUser10415

First, what harm is there from players doing this? Second, you can do something about it by changing the join settings for you guild to application or invite only.

DeletedUser25385

I am sorry about your cancer, I truly am, but that has nothing to do with your guild. My guild instituted a policy where you have to apply, try that and see if it discourages fly by night guild joiners.

DeletedUser8796

actually i do that regularly i join random guilds fill as many trades as i can then leave idk why just a random thing i do and its not like your guild looses anything from players doing this.

DeletedUser10415

I do this myself on some worlds. Sure I benefit from it, but it also helps the folks I'm doing the drive-by trading with.

DeletedUser

I call them Toads, and when they do it, I add them to my guild toad list and if they come back again, they are immediately kicked. But, for the most part we keep the guild closed, because of this very problem. And, don't let anyone fool you, they cause a lot of harm to a good trading system and can essentially steal a lot of goods this way. They are nothing less than that and will never be a player you will ever want to keep in a guild.

DeletedUser13452

I call them traveling salesmen, lol. Many guilds actually welcome these type of players. They can be quite beneficial to a trade system as well. On the other hand, these players may be scouts for other guilds that want to get a look at your treasury and such, so you should get to know players a little before you just let them in your guild.

Maetel, I wish a swift victory for you in your battle with cancer. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13942

It depends on your guild. A fighting guild should never be autojoin, and would use application with caution since people could just be scoping your guild for attack and your ability to respond.
But if it's just a trade guild or casual guild I would actually welcome them, I've seen many come and go, they usually aid, maybe pick up a few trades and leave......I don't even have to aid them back. All benefit with no work.
Just my opinion

DeletedUser25819

They mostly don't aid or trade// join then 3 minutes later they leave! how is that helpful?

DeletedUser25273

There is a guide for getting Great Buildings in Iron Age which has you guide hop to motivate for 20 coins and aid.

It might be a person just checking out what the guild is like, look at your chat, your forum, level of members, to see if it is the kind of place they want.

cbalto1927

There is a guide for getting Great Buildings in Iron Age which has you guide hop to motivate for 20 coins and aid.

It might be a person just checking out what the guild is like, look at your chat, your forum, level of members, to see if it is the kind of place they want.

I agree and i hope it dont offend any guild if the person just joined a very low level guild just to get GB started.

DeletedUser

Went inactive on several worlds for a while. When I came back a few days ago I was out of the guilds I'd been part of so needed to locate new ones for trade.
Figured while I was at it I'd try building up my friends list which isn't as easy to do on Android since you can't see the Global rankings or people not in your neighborhood or in other guilds while part of a guild.
Also thought I'd maybe get a few extra prints, so went on a guild hopping spree on 2 worlds. Aided everyone in the Guilds I passed through, checked their markets to see if any good trades were there to pick up and how active/fair the market was, and sent friend requests to a number of higher age players.

Wasn't meant to offend or disrespect any of those Guilds and I certainly had no wish to cause them problems. One of those two worlds I found what seems to be a decent Guild and will be staying there. Second one I'm likely going to go hopping again as the Guild I stopped in doesn't seem to be as active with trade and FP exchange programs as I'd like. While I could simply look for a larger guild to jump to and settle in for a few days to see if it fits, why not take the opportunity while out of guild to try adding to my friends list, get extra BP and possibly pick up some good trades?

DeletedUser13452

How do we leave a guild?,I'm in one that is never active,
Global tab in lower left of screen (right next to build tab). Select "guild" (middle button). Select "members" header. Find your name and select the "leave guild" button on the right.
This is for full browser version. I'm not familiar with any apps.

DeletedUser25819

Went inactive on several worlds for a while. When I came back a few days ago I was out of the guilds I'd been part of so needed to locate new ones for trade.
Figured while I was at it I'd try building up my friends list which isn't as easy to do on Android since you can't see the Global rankings or people not in your neighborhood or in other guilds while part of a guild.
Also thought I'd maybe get a few extra prints, so went on a guild hopping spree on 2 worlds. Aided everyone in the Guilds I passed through, checked their markets to see if any good trades were there to pick up and how active/fair the market was, and sent friend requests to a number of higher age players.

Wasn't meant to offend or disrespect any of those Guilds and I certainly had no wish to cause them problems. One of those two worlds I found what seems to be a decent Guild and will be staying there. Second one I'm likely going to go hopping again as the Guild I stopped in doesn't seem to be as active with trade and FP exchange programs as I'd like. While I could simply look for a larger guild to jump to and settle in for a few days to see if it fits, why not take the opportunity while out of guild to try adding to my friends list, get extra BP and possibly pick up some good trades?

Sounds very reasonable and well thought out. I don't have a problem with anyone guild hopping if and only if they are returning favors..i.e. Fp on Gb and at least aid everyone before leaving...& if you are farming my property for Bp...well that's why I represent every age on my map that i can....I want you to find a Bp from me...& return..or send me a friend invite...then everyone benefits! GLHF!

DeletedUser25819

How do we leave a guild?,I'm in one that is never active,
Leave guild and join another...don't feel guilty... guilds boot members all the time....if a guild is NOT helping you have fun & advance...then you need another go at finding the right guild. # of members looks great but if they are asleep what is the point. This game is meant to be played w/group...doesn't have to be group lay,,,but soloists are never going to enjoy this game to the fullest.
Don't join a Guild to be a spectator. Actively participate..don't be bashful! H

DeletedUser25819

I call them Toads, and when they do it, I add them to my guild toad list and if they come back again, they are immediately kicked. But, for the most part we keep the guild closed, because of this very problem. And, don't let anyone fool you, they cause a lot of harm to a good trading system and can essentially steal a lot of goods this way. They are nothing less than that and will never be a player you will ever want to keep in a guild.
Well said!

DeletedUser25819

I call them traveling salesmen, lol. Many guilds actually welcome these type of players. They can be quite beneficial to a trade system as well. On the other hand, these players may be scouts for other guilds that want to get a look at your treasury and such, so you should get to know players a little before you just let them in your guild.

Maetel, I wish a swift victory for you in your battle with cancer. :)
Me too...in my prayers!