• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Leader Tips

RazorbackPirate

I don't know how to put the one I'm responding to. If you'll REREAD what I wrote; if the guild requires an Arc and Obs and #3 refuses to build an Obs and misses the GE deadline, he's gotta go. Not fair to the others that busted their a$$ to build Obs and finish GE by Friday night.
I don't have an Obs in either city and have no intention of ever building one. What I do have is a level 30 Arc in each that are both quickly on their way to 80. I finish GE 4 weekly by the GE deadline on Sunday and complete the DC daily, even when the DC task requires a massive goods donation to the guild treasury for the sure chance at a Palm Tree. When I donate manually, I always donate previous age goods, because I know Arcs don't provide them and they're needed to unlock GE. I'm an active player, knowledgeable about the game, generous with my help, and patient with anyone willing to improve.

What I have no patience for however, are arbitrary rules that provide little benefit to the guild other than to assure the guild leader they're in charge. When I hear anything close to, "My way or the highway," it's time to check out what's down the road. If my city and play style are not to your liking, there are plenty of bigger, badder, better guilds happy to send an invite.

If #3 refuses to comply with your arbitrary rules, you might want to reconsider your arbitrary rules. Whatever you decide, just advertise your rules clearly on your description page so players like me, will know to give guilds like yours, a pass.

Algona

Again I'm new here and don't know what I'm doing

You're doing fine. Glad to see you standing up for your beliefs.

Here's a coupon good for for one 'STFU, Algona, you sanctimonious bastard.' No expiration date. But be careful how you use it, swearing is against forum rules.

----------

Meanwhile on topic, If I've got a high ranked player in the Guild I expect them to bring benefits to the Guild equivalent to their ranking. I expect all players to live up to their abilities and to keep growing those abilities and to give to the Guild commensurate with their avilities. .

Slackers are mpt tolerated. Heroes are always welcome, even if they want to kick up their heals.

DeletedUser

I don't have an Obs in either city and have no intention of ever building one. What I do have is a level 30 Arc in each that are both quickly on their way to 80. I finish GE 4 weekly by the GE deadline on Sunday and complete the DC daily, even when the DC task requires a massive goods donation to the guild treasury for the sure chance at a Palm Tree. When I donate manually, I always donate previous age goods, because I know Arcs don't provide them and they're needed to unlock GE. I'm an active player, knowledgeable about the game, generous with my help, and patient with anyone willing to improve.

What I have no patience for however, are arbitrary rules that provide little benefit to the guild other than to assure the guild leader they're in charge. When I hear anything close to, "My way or the highway," it's time to check out what's down the road. If my city and play style are not to your liking, there are plenty of bigger, badder, better guilds happy to send an invite.

If #3 refuses to comply with your arbitrary rules, you might want to reconsider your arbitrary rules. Whatever you decide, just advertise your rules clearly on your description page so players like me, will know to give guilds like yours, a pass.
Good guilds don't have "arbitrary" rules, they have reasoned rules. The fewer the better, but you have to have some. And if a player refuses to abide by the reasoned rules in a guild, they need to go, no matter how "big" they are. Otherwise the leader does not deserve the respect of the rest of the guild.

Victoria and Albert

Hey, since this is for guild leaders I have a question if ya'll don't mind!

This is my problem:
So I started a guild in U world and it is slowly growing, a couple have stayed and a couple have come and gone etc. One of the first things I did was put up a clear guild description listing the rules and what I expected out of members (only fair trades being one of the main ones). One day a new player joined up and everything seemed fine for the first couple of days, then I noticed that she put up a long list of unfair trades (she wanted 2 iron age and was offering 1 bronze age). I reminded her about the guild rules and she did not respond... Over the next couple of days a gave her two more warnings figuring after the third one I would have to kick her. I could tell she was on because she was posting her GB in the FP swap during that time, she just wasn't responding to me at all or correcting her trades. Then, right as I was about to kick her, she left the guild... and started her own. Since then she has been actively recruiting from under me, contacting all members who join my guild and trying to get them to leave. I have had three members tell me about this and that they are planning to stay in my guild and that is nice, but I really feel that I need advice on what to do (and what I can do)!
I had a similar issue with a friend who invited in for interesting GBs for us to trade on, and she brought 3 more players. The next thing I knew, everything in our guild was done the wrong way and I was getting messages all day long about how to improve the guild. One of the those players constantly messed up the threads and begged off that she was new and didn't know she was posting unfair trades or dropping fewer points than was required. I created a Small Council of my most trusted players who had been with me the longest. It turned out
they were quiet on complaining but when I asked their opinions, all their frustrations came out on this private thread. I just kicked them out of the guild, as our requirements did not meet their needs, so they should find another guild. I did follow them for awhile and they tried another hostile takeover in the next guild.
The moral is: go with your gut, and trust the people who have you and the guild's back .