• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Merging

DeletedUser14634

I was thinking posting a perposal for merging guilds but before I do I like to get a tread going here to find out what people would like to see, what comments people have on this idea, what limitations (if any) people would like to see and what everyone over all opinion is on the subject.

My guild has taken a huge hit to it's membership due to not being strong enough to offer GvG action. I dont blame those who have left for other guilds, but it has made it increasingly difficult to shore up our numbers to get back into GvG game play. I am sure other mid-level guild have been struggling with this also. So a solution would be to mearge two guilds. To make one stronger guild.

Rough outline and some suggested rules below:

Frist: the number of members in the two guilds could not exceed 80 before the merger
Second: the guild with the higher current level would remain the same(the guild power points would not combine) or the guilds power points would be combined then dived by two.
Third:the two guilds would combine treasury goods
Fourth: the guild merger would only be allowed once or some other suitable time period like once yearly
Fifth: the new guild will have the option to keep either guild name or create a new one
Sixth: All founders would keep their rights in the combined guild.
Seventh:the guild merger would would take place only after a vote of 70% of its respective guild members

These are several idea for guild merger rules Please feel free to suggest others and/or amend those i have created here.

I really do feel that just leaving one guild for another is always an option but it seems unfair to have to leave all those goods you have worked hard to build in the treasury. And I feel that it will make gVg a bit more competative allowing more guilds to participate.

Well I dont know if the devs will consider this or even how hard it would be to code but i think the subject at least merits talking about.

Sincerly HippyRich

zeibal

A couple of points related to the proposal:
1. I think you mean to say the # of guild members can not exceed 80 AFTER the merger.
2. The level of the combined guild is tough because I can see this being abused. Basing the level of the combined guild on the average of the two guild's individual levels could be too much of a penalty to the guild with the higher level. Retaining the level of the guild with the higher level can be abused because you can have a guild with only one player with a high level merge with a guild with 79 players and a much lower level. Don't think it would be fair for the merged guild to have the higher level when 79 members of this guild did not earn this level. Perhaps the level of the guild with the most members would be retained in the combined guild, though even this can be manipulated by removing members from one guild and adding them to the other guild.
3. Not losing the guild treasury goods to me is the most important part of this proposal, but I still can see this being abused. What is to stop me from merging my guild with another guild and then kicking the members of the other guild out after getting their treasury goods? I think a better proposal to save guild treasury goods is upon guild dissolution to disburse them back to the guild members currently in the guild (maybe pro rated by amount of time as a member in the guild or amount they contributed to the treasury). Of course this can be abused as well by the leader kicking everyone out of the guild and then taking all of the treasury goods.

I can think of too many ways to manipulate a guild merge based on this proposal so unless someone can figure out how to prevent this I would have to say no to this proposal.

DeletedUser14634

thanks for the reply zeibal. Frist i do mean that the two merging guilds total members can not exceed 80 before the merger. So if one guild has 59 and another 40 then they can not merge or would have to kick out enough members to make a combined 80 members. As far as the level thing if one guild has 79 members and they merge with a guild of one member the reality is that its no diffrent from the 79 member guild inviting the one member so gaining the higher level is moot. But I do see your point about a founder kicking everyone in the guild then merging with another guild to effectivly stealing the treasury that would be a potential abuse problem. Really it more about being able to take even a fraction of the goods in the treasury with you when you combine forces. and as far as your 3rd point I can see your reasoning and i agree with you this could be problematic for abuse. Well i give it some thought and seee if I can come up with a better system for merging without so many holes for abuse.

DeletedUser8152

So obviously we have a mechanism for merging guilds currently: one guild can dissolve and all the member can join the other guild.

From what it seems, the simplest version of your proposal would do the same thing, but combine the two guild's treasuries. I don't really feel that is necessary, and could potentially be abused.

I don't think it's necessary because even small guilds can play GvG. If they don't want to, then I guess they shouldn't have a lot of goods in the treasury to worry about.

As for abuse, there could be extortion (big guild tells little guild "eject most of your members and merge with us so we can have your treasury, otherwise we'll wipe you off the maps and plunder you without mercy") and ghost guild abuse (instead of having to wait 7 days to rejoin a guild, just merge), and probably more. Those seem like negatives to me, at least they need to be addressed before I would support the idea

DeletedUser6163

As for abuse, there could be extortion (big guild tells little guild "eject most of your members and merge with us so we can have your treasury, otherwise we'll wipe you off the maps and plunder you without mercy") and ghost guild abuse (instead of having to wait 7 days to rejoin a guild, just merge), and probably more. Those seem like negatives to me, at least they need to be addressed before I would support the idea

Aside from the obvious, wow, that's one I had not thought of before. Sadly I know of a guild on Brisgard who would try an extortion tactic like this if presented with the idea.

On the other hand I do sympathize with the original post that I wish there could be something done about those treasury goods that gather dust in a guild that does not GvG. I have not come up with any better suggestion that could not be subject to abuse.

DeletedUser25054

So obviously we have a mechanism for merging guilds currently: one guild can dissolve and all the member can join the other guild.

From what it seems, the simplest version of your proposal would do the same thing, but combine the two guild's treasuries. I don't really feel that is necessary, and could potentially be abused.

I don't think it's necessary because even small guilds can play GvG. If they don't want to, then I guess they shouldn't have a lot of goods in the treasury to worry about.

A question under the present system for merging guilds. If a higher ranked guild has asked a lower ranked guild to merge and the lower ranked guild has agreed. When the guilds merge into the higher ranked guild, am I right that nothing of the lower ranked guild other than the players move into the higher ranked guild? None of the treasury, ranking, support pool or etc. moves, right?

I can't seem to get an absolutely clear answer on this. I get referred to many proposals, but no list of rules on what is included in the merge. Please help.

DeletedUser8152

A question under the present system for merging guilds. If a higher ranked guild has asked a lower ranked guild to merge and the lower ranked guild has agreed. When the guilds merge into the higher ranked guild, am I right that nothing of the lower ranked guild other than the players move into the higher ranked guild? None of the treasury, ranking, support pool or etc. moves, right?

I can't seem to get an absolutely clear answer on this. I get referred to many proposals, but no list of rules on what is included in the merge. Please help.
That is correct. The guilds aren't really "merging" so much as the lower ranked one is shutting down and the players all moving to the higher ranked one.

DeletedUser25273

The Support Pool that was generated by Buildings will transfer over with the players, the Support Pool from level does not.