• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild or Guild member Truce, Treaty or Alliance Indicators for Battle Grounds Guilds and Player Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intellecus

Proposal
At any given time my guild has many truces, treaties and alliances with a great many guilds. Unfortunately, its difficult to recognize them (i.e. province or another player) sometimes in the game especially in Battle Grounds. I proposal that we attach the color of the guilds provinces to a Page Banner or Title section like:

[guild name] has a truce, treaty or alliance with ) to a Guild Members BG Screen.

Current System (if applicable)
No such notifications available to us which is resulting in many erroneous attacks on friendlies
Details
Only Guild Admins would have the ability to implement or change display options of Treaty, Truce or Alliance colors to our Guild Display screens. Any time a guild or guild member is selected we need to know whether this guild or player is under a truce, treaty or alliance with us. PLayer truce symbol.png

The emojis that I use in my guild Battle Ground Title of Chat Thread is is ⬜ to show a special relationship with that guilds color.

Abuse Prevention
I see no possible abuse.

Conclusion
Would add another dimension to the game and cut down on friendly fire !

Attachments

Vger

Yet another proposal to fix the 'friendly fire' thing. Sigh....
...many truces, treaties and alliances with a great many guilds.
All of which are player constructs, not features of GBG. Players created the problem, let players solve it.
The emojis that I use in my guild Battle Ground Title of Chat Thread is is ⬜ to show a special relationship with that guilds color.
In the screenshot you posted someone asked: "OK just to be clear...what is our next target?"
It took over an hour for the response.

Not giving clear instructions, and taking a long time to clarify what you should have stated clearly in the first place is definitely a big problem.
But not one Inno should be asked to fix.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Really??????

Another brilliant idea to make play easier the way it is not supposed to be?

DeletedUser36572

Proposal
At any given time my guild has many truces, treaties and alliances with a great many guilds. Unfortunately, its difficult to recognize them (i.e. province or another player) sometimes in the game especially in Battle Grounds. I proposal that we attach the color of the guilds provinces to a Page Banner or Title section like:

[guild name] has a truce, treaty or alliance with ) to a Guild Members BG Screen.

Current System (if applicable)
No such notifications available to us which is resulting in many erroneous attacks on friendlies
Details
Only Guild Admins would have the ability to implement or change display options of Treaty, Truce or Alliance colors to our Guild Display screens. Any time a guild or guild member is selected we need to know whether this guild or player is under a truce, treaty or alliance with us. View attachment 15397

Abuse Prevention
I see no possible abuse.

Conclusion

RazorbackPirate did a good job identifying most of my objections to the proposal.

It is clearly understandable how Guilds could benefit from such changes, and it’s equally clear that Guilds not interested in alliances or treaties, are not obligated to make it any easier for their competitors to achieve or maintain an advantage that is currently not supported in system parameters.

Get To It

DeletedUser22002

proposal
bring waiting time to 15 minutes or get rid of gbg

with allainces in gbg 2 guilds will always be able to pin down and make another guild unable to even play
simply because to wall out another guild all you have to do is not take a sector until after they take the adjacent one but the other guild can always force you to take it so gbg is a bust i would like it removed from my city the end result on every world is going to be 2 guilds working together blocking any other guild to the point of non play please change time from 4 hours to 15 minutes or get rid of gbg bad design

Algona

proposal

with allainces in gbg 2 guilds will always be able to pin down and make another guild unable to even play
simply because to wall out another guild all you have to do is not take a sector until after they take the adjacent one but the other guild can always force you to take it so gbg is a bust i would like it removed from my city the end result on every world is going to be 2 guilds working together blocking any other guild to the point of non play please change time from 4 hours to 15 minutes or get rid of gbg bad design
I <3 this post. In a schadenfreude kinda way.

Top ranked Guild in your world, 6 of the top 20 players. 1000 MMR. Congratulations! That is impressive!

A couple of the other top Guilds have decided to take you guys down a notch and are working together to do it. Gotta suck for you to be on the other end of that for a change, huh?

You didn't seem to have any objections to GBG when you were making your way to Diamond..

I am wondering though. Is it just you or your whole Guild that doesn't like GBG right now?

I don't like RQs. So let's get rid of them as well. Some posters don't like GvG, so INNO should remove GvG from the game. See where I'm going with this?

The solution to you not liking GBG is to not play GBG. Which could make for an interesting conversation with your Guildmates. I can see why you'd rather get it taken out of the game then tell them you don't want to do it any more.

Or, heck, I dunno, try to figure out a way to break Province locks.

Weird that members of high ranked top notch GvG Guilds can't figure that out.

RazorbackPirate

proposal

There is nothing wrong with GBG as it is. If you don't like participating in it, don't. That may mean you get booted from your top guild, but I'm sure there are plenty of guilds who don't participate in GBG you will be more than welcome in.

lemonwedgie

proposal

Then you need to make better alliances in your round. Currently our DIamond rounds are 5 guilds ... so if two guilds can pin down another guild like you say, then your guild has two other guilds to bring on side making it 3 against 2 ... just a thought. ANd really your argument is slightly flawed ... yep, we soft-lock as a tactic but if the enemy guild really wants to get passed they can hope they catch us when we are not looking and bust thru our soft-lock ... we gotta sleep at some point :)

DeletedUser34893

A couple of the other top Guilds have decided to take you guys down a notch and are working together to do it. Gotta suck for you to be on the other end of that for a change, huh?
I hate when that happens

Salsuero

At any given time my guild has many truces, treaties and alliances with a great many guilds. Unfortunately, its difficult to recognize them (i.e. province or another player) sometimes in the game especially in Battle Grounds.
Well, that's what makes this a game... difficulties are the whole point. Work it out on your end... don't ask the developers to make it easier for you (which is supposedly DNSL).

Stephen Longshanks

Conclusion
How would it add a dimension? It's just a label. And friendly fire is impossible in this game because you can't attack guild mates (or friends, for that matter).

In any case, @Salsuero has a point in that the whole point of this proposal is to make the game easier for a specific subset of players. That makes it DNSL. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.