• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Treasury Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31577

I have been thinking of a new way to use the guild treasury. Sometimes a guild may have many unneeded goods in their treasury. I am proposing to have a system where members of a guild can post a treasury trade where one offers to put some of their goods into the treasury in exchange for some goods already in there. Of course, we would not want this ability to be abused. One way to keep this from being abused is to add a new member right: Treasurer. A treasurer would get a list of all treasury trades and would have the ability to allow a transaction or deny it.
Let's say someone posts 50 of their own iron for 50 treasury ebony. If the guild is running low on ebony, a treasurer could deny the trade. If someone posts something like 200 nanoparticles for 100 iron, then a treasurer could and should reject.
I imagine that this new addition to the game would allow the members of a guild to get better faster. Also, if a treasurer of a guild does not have the goods to accept a trade, he should be able to accept it with the guild's treasury goods.

DeletedUser28670

The potential abuse is strong in this one......
Is that the forum way of saying
"The Force is strong in this one"? :D
1wgdqz.jpg

Melany3

I do not see this as a viable suggestion. Potential abuse is not just strong, it's almost a certainty, and even if it doesn't occur, there is a strong potential of accusation of abuse. There are people that accuse the leaders of using the Guild Treasury for their own benefit now. As it can only be used for GvG and GE, I find it difficult to understand why they think any use of the treasury is solely for the benefit of one person. What if the "treasurer" guessed wrong and the goods given were needed later? You can bet that there would be at least a charge of favoritism.
It takes only one person not thinking about how many goods it takes to do an action such as setting a siege that uses almost all goods of that age/era to deplete the treasury below where it should be for future transactions. But that is not using it for only their own benefit, just not for the best benefit for the guild. You can't fix thoughtlessness. You can only hope that they learn to think it through.
I have to say ... NO WAY!

DeletedUser42595

My comment may be misplaced, but:

How about treasury trading between treasuries of different guilds?

For within guild trading, the rules must be strict to prevent abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.