• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Treasury

ssmith1441

I have a question and hope I can get some answers..... What happens to donated goods in the guild treasury? Can anyone use the goods donated for their GB's or whatever they want? I have a member of my guild wanting everyone to donate and it shows people donate but on his name it shows great building production. Does that mean he is taking the donated goods to use for his great buildings?

DeletedUser

From FoE Wiki

Donations to the guild treasury gives ranking points to the donating guild member.

Trusted members of the Guild can use goods from the Guild Treasury to pay for sieges and unlocking defense in GvG and Founders/Leaders can use the goods to unlock higher levels in Guild Expeditions.

P C C

I have a member of my guild wanting everyone to donate and it shows people donate but on his name it shows great building production. Does that mean he is taking the donated goods to use for his great buildings?
No, it means he has a Great Building, either Arc or Observatory, with a daily production that donates goods to the guild.

WendyEJ

If you donate goods to the guild expedition to get to a higher level When the expedition ends will it remain at the higher level or go back to 1st level again.

WendyEJ

Ok as it stands right now I am ready to enter Level 2 for both of my cities.

The 1st city I noticed some of the numbers were in red beside amount of goods
Went to see if I had correct amount of goods Came back and goods required were in black (balanced out \even)
A different good had red beside amount
Did the same thing When I returned it too was blacked out Read something like Dried herbs 24\28 Figured I needed 4 dried herbs Both numbers black and even on return

Next time I checked I couldn't locate any red numbers or if anything was needed to donate Still can't get in for either city

No clue if the attached worked or not

CommanderCool1234

Ok as it stands right now I am ready to enter Level 2 for both of my cities.

The 1st city I noticed some of the numbers were in red beside amount of goods
Went to see if I had correct amount of goods Came back and goods required were in black (balanced out \even)
A different good had red beside amount
Did the same thing When I returned it too was blacked out Read something like Dried herbs 24\28 Figured I needed 4 dried herbs Both numbers black and even on return

Next time I checked I couldn't locate any red numbers or if anything was needed to donate Still can't get in for either city

No clue if the attached worked or not
Are you looking at goods needed to unlock GE or GbG?

tad25

Under" Guild Expeditions" in the wiki there is useful information. Guild Expeditions - Forge of Empires - Wiki EN
Specifically the link under heading of Expedition Difficulties: Cost of unlocking difficulties Costs of Unlocking Difficulties - Forge of Empires - Wiki EN
I have enclosed the links because I forget where to find them. The last link allows you to calculate the cost of you playing GE. Remember it is calculated at status at start of game.
Also to adjust statement listed in another post: There are three GBs that provide goods directly to the Guild along with other boosts, namely Observatory (no age), Atomium (modern age), The ARC (future age).
Your will want one or all of these. They aid your Guild's overall status and should gain all guild members benefits as seen of the Guild level.
Kindly note they provide CURRENT ERA goods so it shouldn't be necessary for the player to add extra goods for GE levels 3 and 4. Level 2 requires previous era goods, which are perhaps covered by another guildmates current goods. Players would need to level up the GBs to maintain the needed goods. And if asked to donate for GE it is probably your previous era goods that are needed.
A problem arises when there is a large difference in Era Levels and no one is producing the needed goods.
When reading the wikis note that it is only Founders and Leaders who can pay from the Treasury to unlock the next GE level. The red numbers indicate that they have not yet paid, possibly due to not having the goods (know your Guild). Our donating them will allow payment but, they need to act to get it done.
It would be wise to assign many Leaders (ones who finish Lvl 1 first) so game momentum isn't lost by not opening the level soon enough. Each member should be able to complete level 1 (free). Doing so could be a Guild requirement and would help the guild to level up it's benefits.

WendyEJ

Are you looking at goods needed to unlock GE or GbG?
I am looking at Guild Expeditions What is GbG??
There are three GBs that provide goods directly to the Guild along with other boosts, namely Observatory (no age), Atomium (modern age), The ARC (future age).
Not that far yet I am at Early Middle ages

It reads under Difficulty !! that it costs IA goods I am under the assumption that means iron age goods so I put doanted 2 limestone as it stated

Did NOT work

From one city the Leader stated he did not know how and the Founder hasn't responded

Heard nothing back from the other city

There are several of us that are ready for Level 2 and were are getting frustrated

WendyEJ

Costs of Unlocking Difficulties
The costs of unlocking Difficulties depend on the age and number of your guild members when the expedition beings. Each player in your guild will generate a cost based on their age. Your guild will need to pay the cumulative cost for all guild members in order to unlock the difficulty.
Note that the listed numbers represent the amounts of each goods type from that era. Therefore where it says 2 Iron Age Goods, this means 2 of each Iron Age Goods (making a total of 10 since there are 5 goods types in every era).

Followed this as well Donated 10 goods 2 of each in !A goods

No luck

Johnny B. Goode

I am looking at Guild Expeditions What is GbG??
Guild Battlegrounds.
From one city the Leader stated he did not know how and the Founder hasn't responded

Heard nothing back from the other city

There are several of us that are ready for Level 2 and were are getting frustrated
You should all find new guilds. Seriously. It's Thursday morning, two days into GE and Founders/Leaders haven't responded or opened level 2 or maybe don't even know how to do it? That is a huge immense gargantuan red flag.

WendyEJ

Send messages to Leaders and Founders and gave them till this evening to fix the problem

Then will post it on our Social board. Gotta give them a chance to figure out what is wrong

Amazed that one of the Leaders didn't know how to unlock it

Thanks

Any advice what to look for when searching for another guild??

Algona

Any advice what to look for when searching for another guild?

Start with a self evaluation. What do you enjoy/dislike in game? What can you bring to a Guild? What do you want from a Guild?

Check with Friends. Look at the Guilds of top hoodies. Search through the top 200 or so Guilds reading the Guild Profiles looking for Guilds that match what you want.

Then talk to some members and the Founder to see if they are a really good fit.

'A Guild is like a pair of shoes, you want the best fit possible.'

Guilds change over time due to players growing, leaving, joining, and as the game changes.

So be aware that a day may come when it's time to move on.

WendyEJ

Start with a self evaluation.
:rolleyes: :eek: Not so good at those Goes right along with math

'A Guild is like a pair of shoes, you want the best fit possible.'

Great advice Appreciate the honesty
Search through the top 200 or so Guilds reading the Guild Profiles looking for Guilds that match what you want.

Ok will go searching for the list of Guilds or you could just give me a link ;)

Johnny B. Goode

Any advice what to look for when searching for another guild??
Check their Guild Battlegrounds league. If it's Copper, that's a bad sign. Ideally you would like at least Gold league, although Silver wouldn't necessarily be too bad. Also, you might ask a founder/leader if they open Guild Expedition levels weekly. If they don't, keep looking.