• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild vs Guild Improvements Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

michaeld73

If you add 4 hr resets, you're going to eliminate the use of tactics in GvG.

Reset doesnt line up with player schedules? Thats not a problem for the devs to fix; its a problem for players and guilds to fix. My guild has GvG 24/7. We've got players in at least 6 different countries and I dont know how many time zones...and we have folks hitting around the clock. You just need to be a little more inventive. Your guild doesnt do GvG or doesnt do it with your schedule in mind? Go start your own guild and do stuff your way.

Eliminate BA units on AA more comptetive? Gives lower age folke LESS chances to play GvG. Again, a guild/player problem, not a game problem.

Point Farming - If you point farm, you should just quit the game now. If you whine about players point farming, you should quit the game sooner than now.

Check boxes - good.

If players have lag problems, buy better hardware. Get a new computer, modem, router, upgrade your ISP service. Keep your machine and browser UPDATED and maintained - clear your browsing history. We teach that to our players and eliminates 99% of the lag issues with GvG.

Players just need to play smarter and quit trying to get the game to cater to their every whim.

Algona

If you add 4 hr resets, you're going to eliminate the use of tactics in GvG

No, 4 hour recalcs will prolly eliminate the use of current tactics. Maybe you haven't started working on new tactics, spme of your competitors have.

Players just need to play smarter and quit trying to get the game to cater to their every whim.

Exactly.

Last edited:

LB2021

Except the points for hitting non-champ troops is different than hitting champ troops. And unlike champ farming where you went in and came back out with 100% healthy troops, you will now come out with wounded and/or dead troops depending on what the randomization of troops turns out to be. Less points for a "battle" lol and loss of troops for former champ farmers is a positive in my eyes.

And yes unfortunately there will be ways to cheat/work the system. We hopefully have the developers thinking of ways to combat that too.
#NERFCHAMPPOINTS

And what about adding support bonus to NPCs? That would make farming harder. I like 0% for sieges and disconnected sectors, but if NPCs were 75% - that would make farming much harder!

LB2021

Looks like FOE wants us to spend Diamonds for AA map GVG or to lvl up to space age if not it will just be dominated by the highest age troops ie space age sound like the lower age GVG fighters are now obsolete

Well, if they don't produce more Guild Levels that actually provide worth-while bonuses - there will be no incentive to spend diamonds on GvG no matter what the rules are...

Triopoly Champion

That's not called "tactics". Thats called "sitting in front of your computer all day".

And we dont have competitors...just victims, lol.
Unless players are required to manually fight their battles, it's only fast clicks if your Zeus + CoA + CdM + TA all at level 70+. The only difference is that you have to do it 6x times more now.

DeletedUser28124

There are other ways to do that though.
They could tie how long a tile stays protected to support pool. That'd really ramp up the hq move strategy a lot and make GBs like Obs that have kinda gotten power crept out of use more helpful.

They could put a hard 1, 2, or 4-hour timer on how quickly an NPC can be recaptured by the guild that drops them.

They could make AA37,80 and surrounding tiles landing zones, so that the beach could not be closed all the way around.

Top-end guilds will find a way to make it work, even if it's not bubbling 24/7.

They'll just hold a smaller footprint. Can still farm. Can still shut down the beach. It would definitely reduce how much guilds hold 50-60 tiles in AA though.
They are not going to hold a smaller foot print just so they can "farm" .

DeletedUser28124

Simple way to solve it is siege costs go up and up until you land on AA map that way farming npcs becomes expensive for beach farmers
BINGO! That's exactly how it works on other maps... if your resources become finite vs infinite, it will solve the problem of "excessive" farming. People are still going to farm tiles no matter what, but it's the ability to do it all day, every day, at without any meaningful cost to the players and guilds doing it that is the problem that needs to be addressed. The value of champs is completely irrelevant to the issue at hand.

BruteForceAttack

Instead of 4 hour resets, there could be time zones on each age map. So the most western / left side sectors could have daily resets that are 4 hours before the next set of sectors or so on. But each sector would still have 24 hours protection. In other words, there would be 6 time zones for each map. Guilds who can focus on certain time zones could use their resources to secure those sectors. Guild that have 24x7 manpower can have sectors in multiple time zones.

Alternatively, there could be 3-4 time 1 hour resets from 8 pm EST to 12 midnight, and one or two during day time with time zone application

Otherwise current 4 hour reset would led unfair advantage for single players / ghost guilds who does not want map presence.

In terms of server load, with this solution only 1/6 of the zones have reset each time reducing the load instead of all sectors running reset 6 times a day.

The upcoming Guild Battle grounds is also 4hour reset, so I guess Inno is trying to be consistent here in terms of reset and points calculations. Which is a good thing.

DeletedUser39432

these changes you are making, will only result in individual high players point farming more. they wont mind fighting space aged troop and will drop rogues or drummers in a sector and take it again easily. they wont have to of course with your 4 hour limitation because no place will be safe they will come on at all hours and whittle away at you. at least with 24 hr protection you can hold a piece of land. with 4 hr safety you will not unless of course you have a TON of goods and a TON of troops which ONLY those high players have. the fact that AA is only run on medals is going to be a major problem in this sense. the system you have now is a bit broken. too easy to manipulate. your changes will make it more so. there are players out there that can take a sector on thier own with defenders having 2 or 3 on defending. the only way to stop them is to have 4 or 5. if there is no specific time people can expect an attack how are they supposed to defend. as it is you can be watching map and have the sector get taken without you ever seeing the siege go up. why bother watching the map at all if there is no safety.

DeletedUser24509

these changes you are making, will only result in individual high players point farming more. they wont mind fighting space aged troop and will drop rogues or drummers in a sector and take it again easily. they wont have to of course with your 4 hour limitation because no place will be safe they will come on at all hours and whittle away at you. at least with 24 hr protection you can hold a piece of land. with 4 hr safety you will not unless of course you have a TON of goods and a TON of troops which ONLY those high players have. the fact that AA is only run on medals is going to be a major problem in this sense. the system you have now is a bit broken. too easy to manipulate. your changes will make it more so. there are players out there that can take a sector on thier own with defenders having 2 or 3 on defending. the only way to stop them is to have 4 or 5. if there is no specific time people can expect an attack how are they supposed to defend. as it is you can be watching map and have the sector get taken without you ever seeing the siege go up. why bother watching the map at all if there is no safety.
I can take many full sectors being defended by 2. Guilds I usually attack rely on 24 hour protection while they work at their jobs, but I don't have a job. I'm retired and play the game 16 hours per day. They will be crushed to see their land disapear and may leave the game. Most of the big diamond spenders I know are in large Guilds with a lot of GVG land. They may become discouraged by all the land loss and Point Farmers now generating more points by taking their unprotected sectors.

michaeld73

If the guilds want to teach lower age players how to GvG, then they can use the the maps from about IA to HMA or so. But how many power GvG guilds reject players who are that low?

Its not about teaching lower aged players to play, its about getting MORE people to do something collectively. If 20 people can hit there insead of 5, then thats more people that are having fun and its good for morale...thats much more important for the guild than any game mechanic.

DeletedUser

Its not about teaching lower aged players to play, its about getting MORE people to do something collectively. If 20 people can hit there insead of 5, then thats more people that are having fun and its good for morale...thats much more important for the guild than any game mechanic.
Yeah, but it's pretty clear that allowing Bronze Age units on the AA map is a long-standing oversight that is just now being corrected. It is very clear that Bronze Age players/units were never intended to be a part of GvG, and it's kind of mystifying why they've let it go on so long. Instead of complaining about it finally getting fixed, players should be grateful for the time they were able to take advantage of it and move on.

-Athena-

If you add 4 hr resets, you're going to eliminate the use of tactics in GvG.

Reset doesnt line up with player schedules? Thats not a problem for the devs to fix; its a problem for players and guilds to fix. My guild has GvG 24/7. We've got players in at least 6 different countries and I dont know how many time zones...and we have folks hitting around the clock. You just need to be a little more inventive. Your guild doesnt do GvG or doesnt do it with your schedule in mind? Go start your own guild and do stuff your way. It won't eliminate tactics it will require different tactics and more people stepping up to lead GvG or just take initiative without waiting for a leader to be around. I'm certainly not increasing my game playing time over this to lead 24/7 lol. I still think 6 resets is too much from both a player's view and I would think logistically from a game developer's view. Guess we will see. I'm betting it will be reduced over time.

Eliminate BA units on AA more comptetive? Gives lower age folke LESS chances to play GvG. Again, a guild/player problem, not a game problem. IRON AGE is a great classroom =)

Point Farming - If you point farm, you should just quit the game now. If you whine about players point farming, you should quit the game sooner than now. Or how about just play the game as it was intended Guild versus Guild (GvG). Just saying.

If players have lag problems, buy better hardware. Get a new computer, modem, router, upgrade your ISP service. Keep your machine and browser UPDATED and maintained - clear your browsing history. We teach that to our players and eliminates 99% of the lag issues with GvG. Many of us have done and do this short of moving to FL to be nearer the server lol. By all rights I should not have lag and do not anywhere else but this game. And while lag is a nuisance it's the maps not resetting to show sieges, to show bubbles or bubbles gone, and the boxes not turning orange when a siege is down to let you know you can re-siege or replace troops that is the real problem.

Players just need to play smarter and quit trying to get the game to cater to their every whim. If it were just a player issue then Inno wouldn't even be trying to make changes to resolve lag and glitch issues.

michaeld73

It won't eliminate tactics it will require different tactics and more people stepping up to lead GvG or just take initiative without waiting for a leader to be around. I'm certainly not increasing my game playing time over this to lead 24/7 lol. I still think 6 resets is too much from both a player's view and I would think logistically from a game developer's view. Guess we will see. I'm betting it will be reduced over time.

You didnt address the main point of my comment you quoted - its a guild issue. Again, my guild has GvG 24/7 - we have a strategic framework, prioritize certain targets, and then let folks execute.

When players say they need to wait for a leader to come around...that's just insecure, indecisive, or unimaginitive leadership. My suggestion would be to approach your guild leadership and ask them to expand the capabilities of your GvG program.

IRON AGE is a great classroom

Agreed IA is great teaching tool, but again it's not about spears letting AA be a teaching tool, its about doing things as a group to increase esprit de corps - that's the most important element in our GvG program.

Many of us have done and do this short of moving to FL to be nearer the server lol. By all rights I should not have lag and do not anywhere else but this game. And while lag is a nuisance it's the maps not resetting to show sieges, to show bubbles or bubbles gone, and the boxes not turning orange when a siege is down to let you know you can re-siege or replace troops that is the real problem.

Its an issue, but not so frequent that it doesnt allow you to operate. Whenever it gets too laggy on me, I just clean stuff up (try CC cleaner), and everything works fine, and again, guildmates have the same experience.